Update hackintosh 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 and 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 INTEL ONLY

Dr. Hurt

471 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, thx for the guide.

it worked for me this way:

- do it like in the guide+system.kext

- installed the DiaboliK.GMA900.Fixer.pkg

works with QE/CI & 8.8.1

i will now try the newer kernel again ( i got some diskarb errors and it doesnt boot)

now i will try sleep and pcmcia...

here is my screen:

screen.jpg

worked for me, had a scare though. when osx was booting up at the grey screen, it stayed there for quite a while. i figured, its a big update, its just thinking... then it rebooted my computer entirely... but when it came back to booting into osx it booted up fine and much faster. so... heres my screenie.

post-82752-1178079988_thumb.jpg

THANKS!

edit: My sound stopped working after the update. I reinstalled the ASRock 775 Vsta package and then ran the AppleHDA Patcher version 1.16. My sound is back after it made me reboot, through the crash/error screen. lol.

Greetings,

Updated the system from .4.8 to .4.9. Works perfectly. Did went into some problem as I did not copy those files correctly and repair the permission. Else my best adv is, if you follow the instruction carefully, you can't go wrong. Next step is to try Kernel Update. I am using 8.8.1 now. Also to do AirPort Extreme Update 2007-003 & Security Update 2007-004 (Universal). Lots of reading up again... Well, that's what Hackintosh's all about isn't it? keeping my finger crossed.

Trust me, all is worth it. The only reason why I am not getting the real MacBook is due to its weight! Toshiba Portege R200 with just 1.1kg with Mac OS X & Windows Xp Pro is still the best combination! Wish Apple will working to release a real ultra portable version of MacBook!

Attached is the upgraded screen shot.

Enjoy and have fun.

By the way, thanks for the information and guide!!!!

post-82057-1178118336_thumb.png

First, I'd like to thank the community, the job and advice is awesome.

Secondly, I'd like to thank the op, for his job and concise and to the point directions

Finally I can vouch that I've installed sucessfully on two machines os x. One is an intel 845 with a 2.4 Ghz P4 and 1 GB in RAM and a Nvidia 6200 card. It also has a buffalo wireless g card recognized as airport. The other one is has an ECS PM4p800 v2 motherboard with a via chipset. This one has a pentium 4 3.0 ghz with 2 gb in ram and unfortunately on board video (which should change in a few days). It has a Realtek gigabit lan card, I didn't feel like messing with the via lan. The rest is ver standard.

I've followed the op's guides to upgrading to 10.4.9 and then to upgrade the kernel and it went F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S-L-Y!!!!

for those wondering, I really love macs and only have money to buy one (my mbp) and since I hate living a windows world...anyway thanks for the good job!!!

First, I'd like to thank the community, the job and advice is awesome.

Secondly, I'd like to thank the op, for his job and concise and to the point directions

Finally I can vouch that I've installed sucessfully on two machines os x. One is an intel 845 with a 2.4 Ghz P4 and 1 GB in RAM and a Nvidia 6200 card. It also has a buffalo wireless g card recognized as airport. The other one is has an ECS PM4p800 v2 motherboard with a via chipset. This one has a pentium 4 3.0 ghz with 2 gb in ram and unfortunately on board video (which should change in a few days). It has a Realtek gigabit lan card, I didn't feel like messing with the via lan. The rest is ver standard.

I've followed the op's guides to upgrading to 10.4.9 and then to upgrade the kernel and it went F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S-L-Y!!!!

for those wondering, I really love macs and only have money to buy one (my mbp) and since I hate living a windows world...anyway thanks for the good job!!!

Glad to see someone confirming my instructions. Thank You.

By the way what does "op's" mean?

Well we will see how n00b proof this really is because I of all people, the n00b of all n00bs (at least on OSX :) ), will attempt this update tomorrow night and probably during the weekend too as I will be screwing up plenty.

I have been putting this off until I was able to make (and trust) perfect backups of my boot partition and now I can. 15 minutes and I am back up with my current system. Time to update.

Hi, thanks for the guide.

I updated from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 without a hitch.

I'm still undecided on using the latest kernel from IRC.

Two reasons.

1. Does the kernal update impact on kext changes I've made to get network/ graphics card working? Do I need to backup/restore them?

2. Not sure what to do first. install kernel or install latest security update from apple.

Any tips?

TIA

/Daz

op stands for original poster

@dazulrich: the way I went about installling is this, 10.4.8 osx, then drivers (video, wireless, lan, audio) then do Apple Update but not letting it do 10.4.9. Reboot, test if everything works. Do 10.4.9 update according to directions, don't update kernel. Reboot, test and fix anything that broke (in my case Airport). Do kernel update, reboot and test. Fix anything broken (this time it was the Lan). And run apple update again. Interestengly until you have the new kernel the security updates came up for me.

After apple update, test and fix

What I think happens is that some files get rewritten in the process and others somehow get lost or deleted. that's why I think the best way to do the upgrading is little by little and testing at every possible point. Tiring? yes...Satisfying? you bet

on the irc channel i got mach_sse2 and not mac_kernel

so can i use the mach_sse2 instead of the one that u posted

edit1: nvm i found the mach_kernel file form the channels

will update pics later

edit2: i've followed ur instructions but i still have kernel 8.8.1 n not 8.9.1.

maybe i've DL'ed the older mach_kernel file.

anyhelp. if so pls pm me the link for the new mach_kernel

edit3: nvm bro i found the exact kernel and now it works ;):thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

thanks bro

screenie

picture1cq1.th.jpg

Glad to see someone confirming my instructions. Thank You.

By the way what does "op's" mean?

Updated the system from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 and then 8.8.1 to 8.9.1. Works perfectly.

Thanx Ahmad Moawya, Netkas, Semthex, Prasys.... :thumbsup_anim:

You guys Rule!!

If I can do this anyone can. Works flawlessly.

Stoopid question, I checked online for updates and there is a security update available.

Can I get this update? It's unclear to me which updates I can and cannot download.

Thx!

[update]

The update works, thought what the heck let's do this. Question remains how to determine which updates can be downloaded and which can't.

[/update]

First off, I'd just like to say great work on the guide. Before I started, I had a stable system with 10.4.8 and semthex's beta9 8.8.1 kernel. I followed the guide to upgrade and things went smoothly for the most part however I have two problems now:

1. LAN is not working. It doesn't detect my lan card. I have never had any problems with this before in in 10.4.7 or 10.4.8. I tried replacing IONetworkingFamily.kext with one from an earlier package (.8 or .7 can't remember). Either way, that did not solve my problem.

2. Video is wacked. Scrolling creates messed up displays and moving windows result in alot of visual problems. I think I had this problem before once, but I can't remember for the life of me how I fixed it.

Any ideas on either of these problems? I am running 10.4.9 with the latest 8.9.1 kernel. The specs of my laptop can be view in my signature.

Thanks,

TaterSalad

EDIT: I fixed the LAN problem. I just followed this guide. Still need to solve the video problem though.

EDIT 2: As a temporary fix for problem #2, I removed GeForce.kext. I will try to get natit working with it later.

Hi All,

After upgrade I hawe problem with graphic on Latitude D520.

I'm sure hi boot correctly but the screen is black when hi go into graphic mode.

Any idea whot I mix up???

I try connect external display but is the same.

Hi All,

After upgrade I hawe problem with graphic on Latitude D520.

I'm sure hi boot correctly but the screen is black when hi go into graphic mode.

Any idea whot I mix up???

I try connect external display but is the same.

same here. tried last night and everything went as described. after last reboot into the os it goes via grey apple then for a second into the blue background and turns black. the system does not crash. it keeps on starting and I can track mousmovements and keys via hd activity. it's just black.

any idea? I have a gma950 and thought I should not be affected by the gma900 trick

same here. tried last night and everything went as described. after last reboot into the os it goes via grey apple then for a second into the blue background and turns black. the system does not crash. it keeps on starting and I can track mousmovements and keys via hd activity. it's just black.

any idea? I have a gma950 and thought I should not be affected by the gma900 trick

Ouch....

Did this occur before of after the new kernel. If this only happened after the new kernel then you should type "old" at boot to use the old kernel. I'm kinda surprised to see this problem happening with GMA 950. It's suppoed to work without any patch.

Ouch....

Did this occur before of after the new kernel. If this only happened after the new kernel then you should type "old" at boot to use the old kernel. I'm kinda surprised to see this problem happening with GMA 950. It's suppoed to work without any patch.

before the new kernel, wasn't even able to get there. I confirmed that I have a gma950. I am back to with a backup image. under system profiler it shows as gma950. I guess I wait a little before I try this again.

thanks

ok, I am having some doubts as to what graphics card I really have. It shows up as gma950 in system profiler but it may just show what I have installed with the JAS disk and is actually a gma900? I have the Intel 945G Express Chipset. Can somebody help? It would be cool if it's just that.

sometime later: more searching and yes it is not gma900 that I should apply as it clearly is gma950, strange.

SUCCESS!!!

THANKS to ahmad for the guide. I followed it very well. My update to 10.4.9 and 8.9.1 kernel was a success. Just followed the instructions carefully, copy & pasted terminal commands from the guide and then restart my computer.

I followed the guide from Ahdmad and used delta update downloaded from the bays of pirate and not from apl web site.

It only took a while and my computer booted up with this:

post-101620-1178438280_thumb.jpg