OS X 10.4.9 Released

Swad

56 posts in this topic

Update fiends, rejoice (you know who you are) - OS X has been updated to 10.4.9. Curious about the goodies? Here are some of the highlights from Apple's full release notes:

- Adds support for WPA2 encryption in Network Diagnostics.

- Addresses an issue with automatic AirPort connections that use different authentication methods.

- Adds modem support for Russia. [YES!!!!!!111111 My mail-order bride awaits...]

- Resolves a printing issue that could occur with applications using Rosetta, while logged in as Active Directory User that has an SMB home directory.

- Improves the reliability of OpenGL-accelerated graphics in Blizzard's World of Warcraft.

- Improves the reliability of OpenGL-based applications on Mac Pro computer with Nvidia graphics cards.

- Includes the Daylight Savings Time Update (released February 15, 2007) which contains the latest worldwide time zone and Daylight Saving Time (DST) rules as of January 8, 2007.

- Improves validation of disk images.

- Addresses a display issue that could occur in X11.app running in 256-color mode on an Intel-based Mac.

The update can be downloaded using Software Update. Props to Nonny Moose for beating me to the post.

30 Day alert for Leopard? ::grin::

Yay for the update with automatic network connections--it was always rather embarrassing to have to reboot my PB every time I went to the Genius Bar and my PB went to spinny-death-land when it tried to automatically connect to the Applestore wireless network. I was starting to think it was me. ::D:

Uggh, this means another update for saft, etc doesn't it? ::blech::

- Adds modem support for Russia. [YES!!!!!!111111 My mail-order bride awaits...]

Funny for you, quite surprising for me. I had no idea we had any «modem problems» here in Russia. I actually used it once or twice when my DSL went down and i really needed to get online.