OS X 10.4.9 Released

Swad

56 posts in this topic

10.4.9 works great over here. Here's my upgrade history for those who are curious

Upgrade History:

(1) Unpatched 10.4.4 (this can only be done from a separate OS X partition/drive)

(2) Official 10.4.8 update

-->replaced AppleSMBIOS & IOATAFamily with paulicat ones

-->installed Titan kext for my 7600GT

-->replaced kernel with mifki kernel

(3) a few miscellaneous security updates

(4) Official 10.4.9 update

-->replaced kernel with latest Semthex kernel (mifki's works too).

-->replaced AppleSMBIOS & IOATAFamily with paulicat ones

-->replaced System.kext with 10.4.8 one

About This Mac still broken tho. Is there anyone with an ASRock 915 mobo who has gotten this working without resorting to using an old loginwindow? MaxCPUID limit doesn't have any effect. (I'm not complaining, just curious if anybody got it working yet).

Nevermind. Apparently, there's a 10.4.9 loginwindow patch (ie, not simply an old version of the file).

Has anyone else noticed the volumes levels have gone up greatly. I used to keep system audio at about 3/4 total level. And now I keep it at about 1/8 total level. It's quite bothersome, especially now for instance, when I'm trying to be relatively quiet while others are sleeping, but it's not possible. If anyone knows of a way to get this back to default levels it will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Core 2 Duo iMac, just to specify.

Edited by aust68

Anyone else notice that the kernel_task memory leak is still there?

with nd21 its not that bad its half of what you got there colonels.

i'd do a screenie but dvd player wont let me while its open :D

If you dont use mac altering apps like shapeshifter id upgrade.Its weird cause now every different application has its own different colored window.I have made my mac go to default settings with no luck with a fix. This most likely affects mighty mouse users also. This sucks i think mac jumped the gun with this update trying to push it up to get people all hyped about upcoming leapard.ackk

You gotta be kidding me id write them to get a fix going if they are slacking. I swear it im not buying leapard until like 5-6 monthes when it comes out.

Sick of {censored} messing up when you spend hours setting things up the way you want them.

My audio on my built in speaker/s on my Core 2 Duo iMac is significantlty louder. Other than that, no problems.

I updated with software update by the way.

You gotta be kidding me id write them to get a fix going if they are slacking. I swear it im not buying leapard until like 5-6 monthes when it comes out.

Sick of {censored} messing up when you spend hours setting things up the way you want them.

takes me less than 25min to get a full working osx install with all bells and whistles (no matter what version :star_smile:)

so i dont mind at all.

Is it really worth the trouble to maintain a Hackintosh? (i did so from 2/2006 till 7/2006 when I got my factory refurbished MBP).

Get a real mac. It runs smoother .

On the other hand, keeping the project alive will give a chance to more people to think the possibility of switching OS's.

(Author is not affiliated in any way with apple inc)

It's nice to have a Hackintosh, but it is even more nice to have a real Mac :thumbsup_anim: I had a Core2Duo Hacktosh, and now

I've got a MB a Mini and an iMac :b ... it's not all about performance. It's also the design.. the noise that is barely present.

I'd say, if you like your Hackintosh, buy a Macintosh. I'm done with HackMac... I'm now more into the real thing :)

my dad's imac c2d wont load itunes after the update and now safari wont really quit, it stays in Apple+tab and you cannot force quit it. then again, before you could not quit itunes and restart it with out the computer crashing.

It's nice to have a Hackintosh, but it is even more nice to have a real Mac :thumbsup_anim: I had a Core2Duo Hacktosh, and now

I've got a MB a Mini and an iMac :b ... it's not all about performance. It's also the design.. the noise that is barely present.

I'd say, if you like your Hackintosh, buy a Macintosh. I'm done with HackMac... I'm now more into the real thing :rolleyes:

I've always been a Mac person, but Apple hasn't made an expandable, affordable tower in years. So I eventually gave up and got a mini to go alongside my much more powerful PC. Then Apple switched to Intel, the hackintosh community stepped in, and now my dilemma is finally over. If Apple wants to get back into the mid-range tower business, I'll get another Mac. Failing that, there's a somewhat decent chance that I'll get a MacBook, but my desktop will remain a Hackintosh.

Back on topic, I've noticed another difference in 10.4.9 that also affects real Mac users with Apple keyboards. It appears that you now have to hold the eject key for a half-second before it'll respond. Kinda annoying, actually, though I suppose I can see the logic - reduces accidental ejections. It'll take some getting used to.

my dad's imac c2d wont load itunes after the update and now safari wont really quit, it stays in Apple+tab and you cannot force quit it. then again, before you could not quit itunes and restart it with out the computer crashing.

Sounds like your install is went south. The problem might be fixable, but it's probably easier to "Archive & Reinstall." You might want to repair permissions and whatnot beforehand, just to be sure.