HOW TO: Installing 10.4.3 in VMWare

DeathChill

216 posts in this topic

Perhaps my kext is usable now. I've compiled them and tried with kextload -t ApplePSController to load them under 10.4.3 DTK (PPC) and it works. Because the Extension is build for PPC and X86 it MUST work with 10.4.3 DTK (X86)!

Can someone try this?

thx

Removed for DMCA violation.

still doesn't work

Nov 7 01:18:11 localhost kernel[0]: com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Controller isn't a valid mach-o

Nov 7 01:18:11 localhost kernel[0]: error mapping module file com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Controller

Nov 7 01:18:11 localhost kernel[0]: can't map com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Controller in preparation for loading

Nov 7 01:18:11 localhost kernel[0]: Can't determine dependencies for com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Controller.

Nov 7 01:18:11 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "ApplePS2Controller"

i've noticed that appleps2controller is 512k big compared to the old that was 50k and that its plugins don't have the macos executable part, looks like everything is assembled in the root kext.

i'm no expert but prolly someone else could explain better what went wrong during the compilation

Perhaps my kext is usable now. I've compiled them and tried with kextload -t ApplePSController to load them under 10.4.3 DTK (PPC) and it works. Because the Extension is build for PPC and X86 it MUST work with 10.4.3 DTK (X86)!

Can someone try this?

thx

no binary files in Plugins directory - only .plist files

Can someone try this?

thx

Will not work. Try to compile on the X86 10.4.1

You could try to produce the full ApplePS2Controller with the required PlugIns (see above). Mode has to be deployment and target x86. Apart from that, the IOATAFamily.kext and all its PlugIns would also be fine.

Sorry about that, as they weren't included in the source I didn't realise they were missing. I will see what I can do about compiling and adding. At least the kext code works.

hello

Can i help your hacking ?

I'm software engineer, and I have build enviroment on PearPC.

ofcourse 10.4.3(8F1111) and darwin 8.0.3

if u wanna compile some sources, i can test.

if u have a interest, reply or pm me.

sorry, my english is so bad.

Ciao

hello

if u wanna compile some sources, i can test.

if u have a interest, reply or pm me.

sorry, my english is so bad.

Ciao

nice,

then try to post somehow x86 compiled darwin 8.0.3

But I agree, we definitely need some organization. IRC is great for discussing basic ideas and concepts but its horrible for actually keeping the information in order so that everyone can see and use it.

Anyone have any ideas how we can better organize this?

I would suggest a Wiki. But for legal issues, it could not be the osx86project one. Anyone?

My 2c...

Problem I see with the IRC # is lack of moderators, no offense to those opped in #osx86.deep, but we need ops who are there and who have experience moderating IRC chats.

I spent the Sunday in the channel and it was obvious there's a need for ops to direct/steer conversations in such directions relating to the channel. I understand that there has to be some general chatter, it's good, because people get to know each other and what not, but we still need to stay on subject (technical works).

hello

Am I reading this correctly - 10.4.3 build 8F1111 is out ?!!! argh!!!!

T.

Yes, they seeded a new build, but lets not let that take our focus away, it would be doubtful too much has changed in either the core system, or more importantly, rosetta, so if we can get our 10.4.3 installed with a patched rosetta, we'd probably be very close to getting this build to install to(should it be leaked that is).

Yes, they seeded a new build, but lets not let that take our focus away, it would be doubtful too much has changed in either the core system, or more importantly, rosetta, so if we can get our 10.4.3 installed with a patched rosetta, we'd probably be very close to getting this build to install to(should it be leaked that is).

It is now clear to me from being in the IRC channel and also reading the posts that there will be a split of the efforts here,Those who need the NX-DX(Kernel Panic/Buffer Overflow) Probelm Fixed.And those who care about rossetta as the NX-DX problem is not there problem.

So lets get this split and decided so people wont get frustrated when say omni is talking about hot to fix the NX-DX problem and someone says to him.Its not a problem for me.

That can get old because obviously this is not a community effort.Its just people trying to get this working for them and there situation.

Thats my 2 cents

So lets get this split and decided so people wont get frustrated when say omni is talking about hot to fix the NX-DX problem and someone says to him.Its not a problem for me.

That can get old because obviously this is not a community effort.Its just people trying to get this working for them and there situation.

Thats my 2 cents

Right, but wouldn't it make sense to first work on a rosetta fix, to make it run on some machines, and second

make a nxdx fix, to provide supprot for all? This is just the same way like it happens with sse3 > sse2 > (next

maybe sse... ) To have it running on machines with nxdx should have priority, because then it would be

possible to hack under 10.4.3. and compile. (btw. my processor is an athlon 64 but the bios has no support

here for nxdx :rolleyes: )

Right, but wouldn't it make sense to first work on a rosetta fix, to make it run on some machines, and second

make a nxdx fix, to provide supprot for all? This is just the same way like it happens with sse3 > sse2 > (next

maybe sse... ) To have it running on machines with nxdx should have priority, because then it would be

possible to hack under 10.4.3. and compile. (btw. my processor is an athlon 64 but the bios has no support

here for nxdx :rolleyes: )

your athlon 64 has nx support and works with maxxuss patched boot file

xtraa, thats what I was thinking too, especially since people with 915's and nx support can get to the blue screen/beachball without any patches.

Just my 2 cents...

xtraas, have you looked for a bios update for your mobo?

Yes I have updated my bios yesterday.Its an nforce4, socket 939 (msi K8N Neo4) and since I made some acpi modifications yesterday, my osx benchmarks decreased minus 50%.

Anyway, I will try to install it in VMWare with the patch and then post my results, all tools here. Should i use the patch or the hexeditor?

Yes I have updated my bios yesterday.Its an nforce4, socket 939 (msi K8N Neo4) and since I made some acpi modifications yesterday, my osx benchmarks decreased minus 50%.

Anyway, I will try to install it in VMWare with the patch and then post my results, all tools here. Should i use the patch or the hexeditor?

the easiest way is the ppf patch

Well, as much as I hate to do this, it is pretty apparent that this thread has now become dedicated to cracking the TPM and the NX restrictions, and these things are in violation of the DMCA. As such, I'm going to have to ask that the discussion on hacking this be moved elsewhere.

But I think JaS is right - the TPM and the NX are separate issues. Unfortunately, the discussion on how to crack those two things can't be conducted here for legal reasons.

I'll leave the thread open for comments or links, but the discussion is closed.