HOW TO: Installing 10.4.3 in VMWare

DeathChill

216 posts in this topic

I'm not an expert in Xcode or programming, so i have used darwinbuild to make the extension and the plugins. Can you use this or is this useless?

First only the ApplePS2Controller.kext with plugins.

it's useless because you didn't compile it under 10.4.3 or darwin 8.3

it's useless because you didn't compile it under 10.4.3 or darwin 8.3

It is compiled with Darwinbuild 0.7.2, here the release notes:

Release 0.7.2 [31-Oct-2005]

- Added 8F46 plist (Mac OS X 10.4.3, Darwin 8.3)

The Host-System is also 10.4.3!

So why does it not work?

millen

It is compiled with Darwinbuild 0.7.2, here the release notes:

Release 0.7.2 [31-Oct-2005]

- Added 8F46 plist (Mac OS X 10.4.3, Darwin 8.3)

The Host-System is also 10.4.3!

So why does it not work?

millen

well it says is not compatible with his super class 9 IOSERVICE SUPERCLASS CHANGED? like if you use a 10.4.1 extension in 10.4.3. Now i dunno if something compiled in darwin doesn't work with the shipped 10.4.3

if so we are a bit screwed

It is too bad, perhaps it will work if I could compile the extension with Xcode in my System, without the chrooted Darwinbuild. But I don't know how...

Isn't here someone with Xcode experience who has installed the dtk-dvd, Build 8F1099 on his PPC-Mac ?

Here's a Java 5 based patcher for the boot loader. It can patch boot binary, DMG to ISO converted file etc.

[DMCA Violation Edited by Hagar]

Usage:

java -jar bootpatcher.zip F:\10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd.iso

or

java -jar bootpatcher.zip F:\10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd.iso F:\boot

If you have a flat-monolithic VMWare image (pre-allocated), you can patch it, too:

java -jar bootpatcher.zip F:\tiger-x86-10.4.3_flat.img

The ISO should take about 3 minutes to be patched and result in 3 replacements.

Maxxuss, does it contain the other kernel and boot files? If so, the PPF is now redundant, lol

No, it's only for the boot files. It will scan the file and does not use absolute positions.

If the PPF works, then you can select what works best for you.

Maybe I update the patch to handle the kernel as well.

Just found this this afternoon. It is apparently a PPF patch using my instructions to get the ISO to boot in VMWare with no hex editing. It includes all boot files and the new kernel. I just tested it and it works perfectly. Just read the readme :lol:

Removed for DMCA violation.

Will it be a problem to have the iso patched with this , once there is a full native install patch?

Do you have a Darwin 8.3 install CD? (see my former posting with the question concerning the ApplePS2Controller kext).

No, but the Darwin 8.3 source is avilable at http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.4.3/ , it shouldnt be to hard to add the ApplePS2Controller kext(And any other needed kext) to the iso, should it? Unless it it needs a specific md5 sum? After all, Darwin is open source so it shouldnt be to hard to find what's needed.

No, but the Darwin 8.3 source is avilable at http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.4.3/ , it shouldnt be to hard to add the ApplePS2Controller kext(And any other needed kext) to the iso, should it? Unless it it needs a specific md5 sum? After all, Darwin is open source so it shouldnt be to hard to find what's needed.

needs to be compiled... feel like giving it a shot, maxxuss has made some helpful posts, i'm no programmer and while i've tried it all goes over my head.

Good luck, everyone. I officially remove myself from involvement with the fixing, patching, hacking and whatnot. Too bad some people have to be so pushy with their f***ing ideas and feel the need to push everyone all that they can. Sorry but this something I was doing for fun and I feel like the fun has just been taken away.

Good luck, everyone. I officially remove myself from involvement with the fixing, patching, hacking and whatnot. Too bad some people have to be so pushy with their f***ing ideas and feel the need to push everyone all that they can. Sorry but this something I was doing for fun and I feel like the fun has just been taken away.

EtherialRemnant-

I'm no programmer really, I've managed a couple of things of pure ingenuity, but if I can contribute anything, perhaps its this; you seem to be more useful than I am, and I can't find in the forum where anyone has wronged you. This must have happened elsewhere, but I want you to know that to people like me you are of great value,. I'm sorry if someone has pissed you off, but remember that in any workplace some people are just tools, and hard to work with. There are plenty of people to work with on plenty of things with this project, and for every enemy you gain ten friends. Stick with us, you have gained a friend in me. Keep up the good work, please?

-Cyberspork

lol , where did that come from? ..

lol , where did that come from? ..

Not really sure but believe it was warrented... People probably PMing him or sending him stupid emails demanding the latest stuff to work... I'm sure maxxuss gets alot of this...

I don't quite know how much work Ethereal did as I haven't been in the forum long but I know that maxxuss probably has to ignore alot of complete tools out there.

Who knows... The community should grow... Not shrink... Hope everything gets resolved...

Just need to grow that thick skin and sometimes look like and A$$...

needs to be compiled... feel like giving it a shot, maxxuss has made some helpful posts, i'm no programmer and while i've tried it all goes over my head.

Im giving it a shot - replacing the old files from 8.0.1 with the 8.3 files(With UltraISO and TransMac), but it seems that there's several missing from apple's mirrors so it wont be complete :/

Edit: These are the only one's that i've found that are missing. I'll check tomorrow and if they're there i'll

IOATABlockStorage-142.1.1.tar.gz

IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily-144.0.7.tar.gz

Kerberos-65.5.tar.gz

X11-0.40.2.tar.gz

Sorry for being offtopic, but please stay, and go on continuing your great work for all of us.

if you quit now, because of some stupid /dev/null/ as5hole, then he had won, and we others all loose. Please

don't leave and go on with doing your great job. For the good people :)

i said it once before, you guys rock and i wish i would have more coding skills and could help. So be peaceful to each other. The whole osx86 world is looking at this team :D;)

Right now, I think IRC needs organization. I am not discrediting anyone here and on IRC. I know that they all have made there contribution both in large and small parts. But you can't expect someone like myself to drop what I have already started to try to get the other thing someone proposed. IMO, without organization, everything will go to hell. It will affect the people that try and persist only to be discuraged by some people that don't think there work is doing any good.

I don't think we all try doing what we do here because we are getting payed. We do it out of curiosity and fun. Some people might want there 15 minutes of glorry, but that can be sean a mile away. I bother to post and read hours of documentation because of the fun of it. If people work there ass off to take that from you, one ends up just saying, "f*** it all, and f*** you all".

I'm calmed down... and thanks for the kind words, everyone.

There were two incidents and they both made me mad but its been taken care of now.

Anyway, back on topic. ;)

I'm going to try and do some more with the kexts tomorrow. There HAS to be a way to get the PS/2 support. Darwin 8.01 kexts don't work, already tried them, and my 10.4.3 PearPC install did not have them either.

But I agree, we definitely need some organization. IRC is great for discussing basic ideas and concepts but its horrible for actually keeping the information in order so that everyone can see and use it.

Anyone have any ideas how we can better organize this?