Who here has a mac? not just a PC

applemoto

139 posts in this topic

I have a 400mhz G3 B&W (My First Mac)

Then I bought a 400mhz G4 AGP

Then I bought a G3 800mhz Ibook

I just recently sold the g4 tower and ibook and with the money from that bought my Black Macbook. I still had money left over too so i made out pretty good

I just recently sold the g4 tower and ibook and with the money from that bought my Black Macbook. I still had money left over too so i made out pretty good

how does the macbook run? i'm sorta intrested in those too. maybe get that sooner and then get a mpb too.

• 2 weeks later...

Here (besides my Hackint0sh): G3 beige 300 with OS 10.4.5 (via Xpostfacto), Gravision MT200 with OS 9.2.2, PowerBook 5300CS (still writing articles and stories on it)

In Germany: PowerMac G4 graphite with Sonnet G4/1,8 and a broken 6100/66

We have some Macs running at the University Cheikh Ante Diop in Dakar. I think it's he only lab which is running on Mac all over western Africa. But these are all old world Macs (the newest is the b/w G3 450).

People here know the MacOS and OSX, but many of them are happy if they get a working PC for less. Macs are to rare and to expensive for Africa (excluding South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Mocambique). If you want to buy Apple here, you have to import them by yourself.

• 6 months later...

Imac 17" (superdrive+ati 1600) ;-))

Bluetooth keyboard + microsoft ice mouse

+ external maxtor 320 Gb Firewire (bootable Win XP) + Monitor 22" Scaleo View Fujitsu-Siemens

999 euro imac (new got a special price from local dealer +100 euro for drive new from ebay + 249 euro monitor new from mediaworld

I think is impossible to have the same with less money in Italy

I have a PowerPC 1.67 ghz powerbook

a G4 450mhz cube

a 450 mhz G4

a dual proc 1,67 Ghz G4

another dual proc G4 (don't remember the speed)

and a borrowed Dual proc G5 (fast)

I'm considering a 24" Imac and an AppleTV

:P

Rick

G4 Sawtooth (Hotrod) see sig.

iBook G3 Clamshell

Beige G3 500 (Hotrod) 768mb RAM & 120GB HD.

Flower Power iMac G3 500 Stock Mint Condition

iMac G3 300

9 Apple Plus' (Yes 9 of them)

iPod Nano 1GB