Who here has a mac? not just a PC

applemoto

139 posts in this topic

An original Macintosh, still working fine.

Considering buying MacBook or MBP, depending on the MB specs.

(I´m not going to use it for very demanding tasks anyway, for that i have my Desktop)

I've never owned a Mac in my life, but I plan on eventually getting a Mac Book Pro to replace my current laptop for various reasons. After seeing OSX in action, I fell in love with it after about 5 minutes. Down with Windows! Onward with Mac! :hysterical:

Consume, Consume, Consume, Consume, Consume, Consume, Suck corporate c*ck, die.

Powrbook G4 667 big widescreen one, falling to bits, was a gift a couple of months ago.

RANT WARNING:-

I will never buy one. I may at some point in the future run osx on a pc, without paying for it.I have never paid for any operating system, and if i had the balls, i would steal the hardware from capitalistic shops (YOMANGO!). Oh yeah, I couldn't give a monkeys what colour a souless piece of electronics is. I am sick of people who are totally brainwashed into loving Apple, or any other corporation.

RANT OVER.

I have a Quadra somewhere, and a PPC 601-based PowerMac (cant remember the model - its at my folks), and an Apple II with two floppy drives (ok ok its not a mac - sosumi).

In terms of working machines, I have a PowerBook G4 and a Mactel (see sig for specs)

The machine I used to fall in love with Mac OS X:

A semi-ancient Powermac G3, 384 Mb RAM. Bare minimum requirements to run OS X, heckuva slow machine, but it worked ;).

Also a truly ancient Macintosh Plus, my first real computer. Recently blew its CRT, but I'm hoping to fix it if it's possible... eventually.

Dual 2.3GHz g5 PowerMac 64-bit - 4.5 gig ram ATI Radeon 9600 - LaCie 321 21.3" LCD

1.80Ghz g5 imac - 1 gig ram

1.42GHz g4 mini - 512ram

g4 TiBook first gen

g3 "pismo" powerbook

just in the office.... :)

• 2 weeks later...

2002 iMac G4 700 (yes, the original 'table lamp' one). The most beautiful computer IMO. pumped to the max with 160 GB IDE drive and 1 GB of RAM. Serves as DVD-, MP3-, MPEG- station with front row in my bedroom. For the serious work I use x86 =) (AMD *cough*) ;)

I've Had Many - Heres a Partial List!

Lets see - AppleII, Apple II+, Apple IIe, 512 Mac, Mac+, MacSE, IIsi, IIci, Quadra, Powerbook 140, Powerbook 180, Powerbook 280, 7200, 7600, 9600, iMacs of various configs, G3 AIO, G3 Desktop, Powerbook Lombard, Digital Audio, Quicksilver and a OSx86 pc box that runs XP/OSx86/Ubuntu Dapper. I have also had many PCs too.

Of all of them I prefer a real Mac - even when I had much faster PCs I still usually used a slower Mac as my main box. I do like my OSx86 PC box though I'll probably wait a year or so and see what Apple will do with the Intel Macs and software wise for PCs. :blink:

dastrom

I've got a Power Mac G5 Dual 2Ghz. Was my first Mac. When I bought it I basically gave my new Dual 2.4Ghz Xeon box to the ex-wife (don't ask) :angry: So, last week I finally got her to buy a Mac (Mini) so I don't have to deal with her virus infested Windows OS anymore and I got my Dual Xeon back. It's running OSx86 beautifully!

Blew a fortune in Macs, way too numerous to count. The most recent ones I own/owned: iMac G5 1.6GHz, 12" iBook G4 1.33GHz, G4 Cube (now upgraded to the hilt), 15" PowerBook 1.5GHz. I only keep one, the Cube. It's bar none the best designed PowerMac ever to come out of Apple. Too bad Apple ditched the upgrade-friendly concept and went with the lamp-Mac and later, the TV box (Mac Mini).

In the future you will see a documentary that tells of a city-wide pile of closed box mini Macs and undetachable iMac screens, all rotting away under an ominous dark sky.

• 4 weeks later...