Who here has a mac? not just a PC

applemoto

139 posts in this topic

Did I answer this yet?

I have a PowerBook 12"

Also an old Macintosh IISi with a 68040 Acelerator from Daystar and an acelerated 32 Bit Graphics Card from SuperMac, it has a very strange SCSI to Ethernet device since it has no more slots, and a 4x SCSI CDROM. :)

iBook G3 700 MHZ 20GB 360 MB RAM (all mine...but next month will be gone......until next PB 12" intel hopefully ;o) )

iMac G3 400 MHZ 10 GB 360 MB RAM - all for my kids ;o)

iPod Video 60 GB Black...brand new it is really wonderfull.....

Regards,

aarias

I understand.....the same with the In-ear headphones.....the white ones are ok but for the back iPod they will look just perfect!

I have a wireless keyboard that really works wonderful with my iBook..... and I miss a wireless mighty mouse....maybe next year :)

aarias

I have a lot of Wireless and Wired mice, I just bought the MS BlueTooth to use wit my PowerBook, and with SteerMouse I can use all the buttons. I also have the Logitech BlueTooth but I feel more comfortable the MS. I'm waiting to see SteerMouse or USBOverdrive in Universal Binary to use it with OSX86.

Currently I only have a g4 500 agp 512/40gb/dvdrw

I worked for about 15 years at a large refurb mac dealer and at one time or another had every mac made at home. everything from mac 512k up to g4 500 when i left a couple of years back. now i have a amd 64 3000 based machine, 1gb rama couple of 80 gb hard drives and dvd burner is main machine. Several other AMD athlon machines being used for other things around the house. And i also have a couple of old Commodores from the mid 70's still working. one is a SX-64 which had a nbiult in 4" color screen. kinda kewl

thats it

My first machine was a mac, It was extremely expensive, and proved to be essentially non-upgradeable.. I swapped it with a friend for a powerbook which I went travelling with on my motorbike for a year. Needless to say it failed at the crucial moment as I was sleeping on a friends sofa in london & finishing a piece of web work, and my only available option was to put together a pc out of old parts to get the job finished.. I haven't owned a mac since..

Mac conoisseurs will probably be able to date this story by the behaviour of the machines.. things have changed since then, or apple would long since have been out of business, but I always had a longing for a mac.. then osx86 came along, & I fully expect to be buying another apple sometime real soon...

but no, as yet, I don't own a mac.

• 2 weeks later...

Check my signature, plus i have other at my parents house.

We are all macusers :

iMac G4 800MHz 17"

Powermac G3 300 MHz Desktop

LC 33 MHz

apple Mices, even an old digital camera from apple...

I use a (genuine) IBM wireless keyboard/mouse combo on my G5, cos I don't like the standard Apple keyboard and sometimes functionality is more important than design. But wireless mice suck for Photoshop, they jump, don't always register clicks and occasionally freeze. I plug in a usb mouse for serious work and I have an A4 Wacom tablet for heavy-duty fine design.

I love the Mac, and it's my primary work machine, but I often go back to my XP PC for stuff that just seems easier in Windows. Plus so many applications don't seem to be thoroughly debugged in OSX versions, like you can't change fonts or something stupid (example - Dymo Labelwriter software). The Mac does seem to be a second-class citizen for too many software developers. Thank God we have a choice.

I recently sold my last one. :) I've gone through a Quicksilver 867, TiBook 867, and a B&W G3 the last few years.

So, I'm in between and hope some new stuff does indeed come out in January... I feel so weird, since I've owned a Mac since the original 128K Mac came out (1984?).

I have a Dual 1.25 G4 Mirror Drive Door, 2GB RAM, nViDia FX5200, 2x 120GB HDD, 2x Pioneer DVD±RW.

I also have an older 733Mhz QuickSilver stock configuration I took to work since I don't have anymore room at home.

And then there's the G4 Titianium, which I hardly ever get to use as my wife seems to have laid claim to it.

I also have a desktop PC (3.6Ghz P4, 925XE Intel Board, 2GB RAM, Dual DVD±RW, GEForce 6800GT, 2x 300GB drives, and a Asus M5 notebook.

The Mac is where I do most of my work, although I use the PC for video capture and encoding (MPEG2/DVD or DiVx), as it's subtantially faster then may Mac. Also the PC is the gaming machine as Mac game development is in the "we'll wait 'till no one buys it on the PC anymore, then we'll release it on the Mac" state.

Anyway, I love my Mac, but it's getting harder and harder (and costlier) to support 2 platforms. So If I can get my Mac fix but only have to support one physical platform (as in dual boot), I'll eventually get rid of the old Mac box.

• 2 months later...

MacBook Pro 2ghz with 1gig stock ram, 100gig 5400rpm stock hard drive, and 256 dd3 ram video card.

Fully and successfully transported all my e-mails and most of my personal settings from my mactel Dell D610 (which is now lying dead and dormant).

Next upgrades on my list are the Seagate Momentus 7200rpm 100gig hard drive and another 1 gig of 5300 RAM for Rosetta.

This is my first mac :thumbsdown_anim: