New JaS DVD (AMD, INTEL SSE2, SSE3)

NemoKOF

455 posts in this topic

my computer is actually a laptop :/

If my nv card is the source of the issue, is there a way not to have it loading? I already tried to remove titan.kext and rebuild my kext cache, same issue!

You don't want to remove it, you want to add your device ID (PCI Match ID) into a couple of files.

"SCROLL-BACK!" - start reading through this thread. or search within it. My 6800 Go works and works WELL after adding my ID and rebooting.

damn, I read at least the 10 last pages of this topic... Sorry for missing it and thaks for the help, will try this right now! I just hope it's actually a graphic card-related issue ;

Yeah, at 22 pages... it was probbly the FIRST 10 pages you wanted to scan

yeah, it's a lot of reading, but in the end you'll save more time than asking, waiting, replying, waiting, asking....

Would anyone be able to put this on a server somewhere for direct download? I live on a college campus where BitTorrent is completely disabled so getting this update is impossible without a DDL. Give me a PM or IM if you have something setup.

Yeah, at 22 pages... it was probbly the FIRST 10 pages you wanted to scan

yeah, it's a lot of reading, but in the end you'll save more time than asking, waiting, replying, waiting, asking....

Finally succeed by... removing every NV-related files :D I actually forgot to remove GeForce kext. I will now try natit, only way to get QE with my antique card. Ethernet and airport aren't working also: still many things to fix!

But thank you for at least reading and answering me!

To isse03

I installed the 10.4.8 which has been in Demonoid.

Both are the same iso.

( http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture1kf5.png )

Thanks for the screenshot, however my copy has Natit instead of Titan Nvidia drivers (not that I need them). Does that mean I have an earlier release? Seems to have everything else listed in the screenshot. Do I need to patch my ISO?

I had to install it several times to get it to work properly out of the box. It seems the installer is buggered. In the end I had to install the base install and manually install the GMA950 drivers afterwards using Pacifist to get my video card working properly with QE/CI. If i did it through the install, it would complain that the GMA915 kext wasn't installed properly.

Also my network adapter (on board Intel Pro 1000 PL) is screwy. I need to MANUALLY unplug and plug in the wire for it to initialize. If not OSX reports that my adapter is disconnected. I have to do this everytime I boot into OSX!

What can I be doing wrong? The system boots with the apple in the beginning than no

video. I would greatly appreciate if some one can correct me. I'm trying to get

QE/CI working using JaS.10.4.8.SSE3.Intel.Only with patch. When I have the Nvidia

option unchecked during installation, than I'll have video without QE/CI.

I have posted this question before with no luck so far. I thought I could write down

the steps I have taken this time.

Device ID for Nvidia Quadro FX 1300 is 0x00FE

1.)Started my computer...F8 than typed "-s" in Darwin.

2.)Than I typed "mount -uw /"

3.)Than I typed "nano System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/Info.Plist

4.)"<string> 0x004010de&amp 0x01d810de" was changed to "<string> 0x00FE10de". I

deleted "&amp 0x01d810de".

5.)Did the same edit for NVDANV40HAL.kext and NVDARessman.kext

6.)I did a "chown -R root:wheel" and "chmod -R 755" for all 3 files that I edited.

7.)Removed ("rm") "Extensions.mkext" and "Extensions.kextcache" in "/System/Library"

Than I pressed the restart button on the computer

Any advice will be very appreciative...

thanks

Guys I have DVD JaS DVD (AMD, INTEL SSE2, SSE3) with v1p.

Now I want to add another ppf to it but I don't have original image. If I make image of DVD I have in windowsxp will it be good for adding another ppf for JM363 controller? Will I be able to use it as original Jas DVD?

great to see this there. my 10.4.7 is working well, but ill install 10.4.8 as soon as i get it. lets see whats happening to stability then. i have some random hangs on my system (not kernel panics, just hangs), but that may be RAM related, too. ill test it with 10.4.8.

BTW: i didnt follow all the last kernel developments... is it necessary to set the FSB manually like the first versions ? how well does the TITAN driver work with dual screen ? i thought TITAN was stopped and NATIT is the way to follow ??? Hmmm... so many questions.... illl stop asking and read some of the related threads. Then ill come back here and ask my questions by myself :-)

Hey guys, i got a question. I just installed OSx86 using the vmware image. it runs REALLY slow, and this ^ comment about setting the fsb manually made me wonder. is there some setting i should change to make it work correctly? im using a single core amd 64 notebook with 2 gigs of ram. is it slow because its sse2 and not taking advantage of my processors sse3? anyone know how i could speed this up?

i am downloading the jas release but i want this to work while i wait ^__^ (jas is gonna work amirite?)

thx

WOW! This is the best release in my experience, and pretty much no hiccups on installation. Everything is working on my AMD64 3000+ SSE2 Asus K8V-SE Deluxe machine. The included Titan patch works meaning CI and Quartz support for my 6600GT, my VIA AC97 audio works for the first time, and network works after applying the SambaFix 10.4.6 patch. Excellent work from JAS and company. Well done guys. :)

Partially exit installing this iso on Toshiba Satellite 2450-101.

Install without Titan, then on the first boot got Kernel Panic.

I start with -s and mount disk. I try to delete all NVD* extensions also Gforce.

Reboot, all works well and I found much more faster system. Install Titan.kext, chown, chmod and permissions. Titan extension load perfectly, detecting nVidia 420Go. No QE & CI, no resolution change. Work 1024x768.

iTunes 7 works as is!

Next experiment: Try to enable QE on mi video card (nVidia 420 Go). Maybe changing to old nvidia extensions?

Any help would apreciate.

when i try to install on my hac b4 i select HD i get the error log and the message mainmenu nib existing /n ... ?

any ideas, i am desperate to get this machine up and running for my family, with SATA and Full QE, Ci i hte to think of them suffering using windows.

Edited by itmandan

WOW! This is the best release in my experience, and pretty much no hiccups on installation. Everything is working on my AMD64 3000+ SSE2 Asus K8V-SE Deluxe machine. The included Titan patch works meaning CI and Quartz support for my 6600GT, my VIA AC97 audio works for the first time, and network works after applying the SambaFix 10.4.6 patch. Excellent work from JAS and company. Well done guys.

What version of installer did you use? is it Mac OSx86 Intel.AMD SSE2/SSE3 10.4.8 or the other one which is Mac OSx86 Intel.AMD SSE2/SSE3 10.4.8 ppfv1 integrated ;)

this ver is ok but still a problem with search fonction in finder in same case with 2 hdd fat32 can freeze the system

in general is very very good working and thanks for all that have worked hard to make this system on standar PC

im sorry for my english