HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

jccool

804 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, i need some help

my x1900xtx is 7249

im running 10.5.2 by kalyway

my problem is, that if i use the efi updates the ones for 1950 dont let me play anything that is graphics instenzive, something about too little gpu memory. If i use the x1900 driver, then im stuck at a lower res. and those problems still exist (if i remember correctly)

the ultimate deal: the 10.5.1 is perfect, except it increases my boot time by tenfold.

What drivers should i use?

also, i saw that in teh 1900 efi update, the com.apple.boot.plist has "1024x768x32" in it, if that was changed would it fix my resolution?

one last thing. qe/qi how do you even know if it is working or not, afaik i dont know how to check.

thanks

u can write any res here com.apple.boot.plist... but if u can't change res in Prefenc and u use.. much better to use Natit...

to check your qe/qi u can press F12 and add some widget, there are must be waves, if there are't then qe/qi is not availabled..

u can write any res here com.apple.boot.plist... but if u can't change res in Prefenc and u use.. much better to use Natit...

to check your qe/qi u can press F12 and add some widget, there are must be waves, if there are't then qe/qi is not availabled..

thanks. apparently coverflow works to check too.

IVE GONE OVER AND OVER THIS LONG THREAD, and I cant for the life of me figure out how some people have managed to get an ATi 1900XT card working with CI/QE - is there anyway any1 can send me the exact method required to get this working properly. Everything else seems cool

I installed on a Leo4Allv2.iso (10.5.2), then added Jcools X1900 download to the system rebooted and got the below result. So what am I missing? (apart from a brain!!!)

ATI Radeon X1900 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1900 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7249

Revision ID: 0x0000

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.219

Displays:

DELL 2407WFP:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

Morkus :star_sunglasses:

well since no one got back to me i spent another few hours looking into this problem, and the qe/ fix is easy, well it works at the moment.

It seems that leo4allv2 does not include the ATIRadeonX1000.kext in the vanilla install, everything else is included bar that file!

Note: the ATIRadeonX1000.kext has to be exist in extensions to get the QE/ CI working.

So I downloaded the Apple graphics Update v1.0, and installed using Pacifist install PACKAGER programme.

I just replaced the x1000 kexts (GA, GLD, VA, etc... all of them) to keep the versions the same (important), and, if you haven't done so already run and install Jcools X1900 XT EFI VGA Installer 0.1.pkg.

Now everything works like a dream: Here's my 'About':-

ATI Radeon X1900 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1900 Series

Displays:

DELL 2407WFP:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

Morkus

I'm having trouble with my Sapphire x1900xtx (0x7249) with morkus instructions above. When I reboot, I get CI and QE, but no resolution change / dual head capability. I tried the x1950xt jccool driver, which gets me dual head and res change, but no CI/QE (Profiler shows both displays fine, correct Device ID, etc.)

Here's the profiler output with the 1900 update:

Display:

Type:	Display
 Bus:	PCIe
 PCIe Lane Width:	x16
 VRAM (Total):	256 MB
 Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
 Device ID:	0x7249
 Revision ID:	0x0000
 Displays:
Display:
 Resolution:	1280 x 1024
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Core Image:	Hardware Accelerated
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Supported

The displays are dell 2005fpw panels @ 1680x1050. This works fine with the 1950 update, but as I said, no CI/QE. Any ideas?

~p

... and finally all function on my Sapphire x1900xt 256 Device ID: 0x7249! Dual DVI, dual monitor LCD in Extended and mirror mode, rotation, Q/E, C/I, and ATI 4.5.9 control panel too!.... I'm really happy...

The solution is placed in Jccool package... Every time I installed the Jccool package for x1900xt, all option were fully function, but the acceleration hardware of QE and CI bacame deactivated... So I extracted the package without install it (right mouse button -> view contenent"), I moved on 10.4.8. folder (I've got 10.4.8 JAS) where I extrct again from another compressed file the only 2 driver "ATIX1000....kext " and "Natit.kext". I downloaded "kext Helper 7b" (useful utility to install Kext without using the TERMINAL -which I hate!-), repair the permission opening Application -> Utilities -> Disk Utilities -> repair permission; restarted... and all function!

Tanks a lot you all and JCCOOL too for his package.

See you.

I'm having trouble with my Sapphire x1900xtx (0x7249) with morkus instructions above. When I reboot, I get CI and QE, but no resolution change / dual head capability. I tried the x1950xt jccool driver, which gets me dual head and res change, but no CI/QE (Profiler shows both displays fine, correct Device ID, etc.)

Display:

Displays:
Display:

The displays are dell 2005fpw panels @ 1680x1050. This works fine with the 1950 update, but as I said, no CI/QE. Any ideas?

~p

Hi,

take a look to my last post... I've got your same problem and I needed mounth to find the right way...

bye

Display:

Displays:
Display:

~p

I had the exact same issue. The problem is when using the 1950 efi update, the x1900xtx device/vendor id is not in the ATIRadeonX1000.kext Info.plist file.

@Jccool - It appears you can support the x1900xtx by adding 0x72491002 to the Info.plist in the kext supplied within the x1950XT 10.5.2 EFI installer. My chipset model is displayed incorrectly, but the card is fully operational and displays no tearing affects..... Here is my system profiler information:

ATI,RadeonX1950:

Chipset Model: ATI,RadeonX1950

Displays:

DELL 2005FPW:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

I installed the 10.5.1 driver in my 10.5.2 for the x1950xt for my x1950xtx. Everything works perfect (great job) except that all menus are black. it is a small problem but it really is hard to work with anything. Any experience of this? Any idea of how to fix it?

System specs:

AMD 3800+ X2

MSI K9N Platinum

Ati X1950XTX 512 MB

/Joco

I installed the 10.5.1 driver in my 10.5.2 for the x1950xt for my x1950xtx. Everything works perfect (great job) except that all menus are black. it is a small problem but it really is hard to work with anything. Any experience of this? Any idea of how to fix it?

System specs:

AMD 3800+ X2

MSI K9N Platinum

Ati X1950XTX 512 MB

/Joco

Ummm... read the post above you.

Oh, thanx and sorry that I read so badly. I read the beginning of the post XD

No worries, hope it helps. I was only able to test the x1950x 10.5.2 modification for the EFI installer. If you are not using EFI but make sure you run the correct Jccool installer and let us know if you were successful.

Well. When I looked it was already there (in the info.plist) But i thought, may this is because I chosed the ati x19x0 driver in the installation so i just reinstalled with 10.5.2 and then installed the Jccool for 10.5.1 again. Then i went to the file and the text was already there. The thing is; the text beginns with 0x7249 but the id for my card is 0x7240. in the info.plist there is also this (0x7240).

I installed Lepard 10.5.2 EFI AMD by Zephyroth

Jccool's driver for 10.5.2 is listed on his paged but seem to be unavailable for download :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for all the support :)

(Sorry my bad english and my lack of knowledge concerning mac :) )

Well. When I looked it was already there (in the info.plist) But i thought, may this is because I chosed the ati x19x0 driver in the installation so i just reinstalled with 10.5.2 and then installed the Jccool for 10.5.1 again. Then i went to the file and the text was already there. The thing is; the text beginns with 0x7249 but the id for my card is 0x7240. in the info.plist there is also this (0x7240).

I installed Lepard 10.5.2 EFI AMD by Zephyroth

Jccool's driver for 10.5.2 is listed on his paged but seem to be unavailable for download :(

Thanks for all the support :P

(Sorry my bad english and my lack of knowledge concerning mac :) )

Your English is just fine my friend. I had an issue trying to get to the download link myself. For some reason it just was not rendering very well in Safari... Give this direct link a shot:

http://www.mediafire.com/?axzymmylmjy

Ok, I gotta be extremely unlucky. First I reinstalled leopard to have a fresh system to go on, then i installed the driver for 10.5.1 and then the update from the link you gave me. When I restarted the system I came to the blue screen and monitor nr 2 was really messed up and I never came further. I guess it is only to reinstall again... but then what? Well, I don't wanna give up yet.

One thing, I did not restart after I installed the first driver for 10.5.1, instead I installed the update directly and then restarted. Can this be a problem? I have heard that you don't really have to reboot a mac but it is only for the new settings to work. Well it is only a theory...

Ok, I gotta be extremely unlucky. First I reinstalled leopard to have a fresh system to go on, then i installed the driver for 10.5.1 and then the update from the link you gave me. When I restarted the system I came to the blue screen and monitor nr 2 was really messed up and I never came further. I guess it is only to reinstall again... but then what? Well, I don't wanna give up yet.

One thing, I did not restart after I installed the first driver for 10.5.1, instead I installed the update directly and then restarted. Can this be a problem? I have heard that you don't really have to reboot a mac but it is only for the new settings to work. Well it is only a theory...

The link I sent you was for 10.5.2. Have you not updated to that yet? You will want to update to 10.5.2 and then install the graphics update. Make sure you know if you are using EFI or not.

The ati display util i finaly found it a easy way to install it.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry345541

Inshort

Download these files and install

http://users.skynet.be/jef/ATIUtilities.zip

http://users.skynet.be/jef/ATIPrefPane.zip

And presto you got it working. tested it on my 10.4 and 10.5 with my x1900 xtx and it works great.--- well it works , only thing you can do with this thing is tilt the screen , read data about your card. so it doesnt ad mutch new to your system. This stuff also works on real macs.

I have the Radeon X1900XT and cannot get it to see my Acer 24 inch monitor DVI. It works with Analog but not at any of the widescreen resolutions. And it's max resolution that the monitor supports which is a widescreen setting (1920x1200) has a 76 Hertz rate which the monitor does not support. Any idea's what I can do?

Thanks

Can't seem to get this working on my 10.5.2 system. I don't have any atiinject or natit kexts installed. I run the vga installer package (non G33) and It doesn't even recognize my ati. I have the 7244 version. Do I need to isntall ATIinject or natit kexts? Thanks for any help.

I have ATI Radeon x1950 pro, I am running a single core P4 system, that is now using Kalyway 10.5.2, I was wondering which of the drivers I require to JUST be able to change the resolution from 1024x768. I can live without acceleration etc etc. ALL I want to be able to do is change the resolution to something more workable with on a 19" monitor.

Thanks in Advance

hi i have a question; how do u get a 1600x ... resulution, i have the 1950xt but when i installed the drivers it gives me a resolution of 1280 x 1024, i have a samsung syncmaster 2032BW which can do a resolution of 1900 x ..

Please help

bTW love u for the drivers:P

Hi everyone,

I have tried a great number of methods to get my x1900xtx running perfectly but nothing seems to get me all the way there. If I use the drivers in the Leo4All v3 Final installation dvd, the card is fully recognized and I get all the resolutions and QE, but I have black menus. I tried to patch it with jcool and I get QE, good menus, but stuck at 1280 x 1024 and have mouse tearing. I have tried manually adding the vendor/device id to info.plist in the ATIRadeonX1000.kext and then my machine will freeze upon reboot. In short, I have tried just about everything and am crashing into a brick wall each time. My machine specs and profiler for gfx are below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Asus A8R32 MVP Deluxe

Athlon 64 x2 4800+

2GB corsair ram

ATI Radeon X1900 XTX

Pioneer 20x +-r RW DVD

Baracuda 7200 RPM 500 GB HD

VRAM (Total): 256 MB