Intel Wireless driver

jalavoui

3,992 posts in this topic

sorry for the double post, ran into signal problems on my school network....

anyway, i reccommend jalavoui to be upped status to some high dev or something.... same goes to xKazu... seriously, they made the impossible possible......

edit: is it possible to create an ad hoc network with this driver?? was thinking of using the ad hoc to bounce the internet to my bro's wireless.....

Edited by rathalos

Working on my Dell 9300

Thanks a lot, feeling a little unsecure without the wpa but its for testing and checking out.

Thanks a lot again, i dont know how many times i can say it =)

Working on 2915 Intel pro Wireless w/o Router password.

Mac OS 10.4.8 with 8.8.1 kernel

Edited by .javi

The driver is working on my Acer Travelmate 4002WLMi with Intel 2200BG. (JAS 10.4.8, Semthex kernel 8.8.1).

But.... I want to notice a problem.

When the connection is active, I see that first of all that somes applications like iTunes and Quicktime jump a second of sound.

My iTunes doesn't start after that the connection has been etasblished. Strange problem. I think that the problem occurs when the card scan.

I'm waiting comments.

(Good work !)

Edited by nico342

ok, been using the intel wireless driver for a while now, i can say that the network speed with this driver is very slow..... double checked my location on a windows com and it is fast....

plus i cant reassociate again once i down the network..... i will have to restart the com in order for me to reconnect to the network....

Was about to write that it's working fine for me. But then it crashed. Or rather, dropped connection, and I can't get it back. Luckily plugging in the ethernet line switched it over. I was getting 1.5Mbps or so MAX on speedtests (I can get the full 6Mbps when wired via ethernet). Perhaps I'm connecting on 802.11b instead of g..?

Also, I made the 2 changes suggested on the project page. Don't know if that helped or not. So... it works, but isn't stable, and of course no encryption and such yet. But.. it did work. Good work!!!

As for using it as is right now - you can make things more secure by turning on MAC access-level filtering on your router and adding your OS X's MAC address (MAC not Mac) to the allow-list. This is a good idea anyway if you don't have random machines coming and going all the time.

Ok, Whoppix 2.7 detects the Intel 2100 wi-fi card now. I can't connect to my wi-fi AP; probably because i have to sqwint my eyes to read the OS's Wi-fi config program. The fact that it detects my AP obviously means it detects the card, as well. Anyways, i could really use some instructions on how to display a linux log of iwi2100 (the driver is called ipw2100 in Whoppix) and find the "firmware (boot, ucode and firmware) size" of the driver, please. I am really looking forward to having this card recognized in OS X 10.4.1, then, everything on my laptop should work.

:rolleyes::):wacko:

Serious congratulations are in order for you guys (j and x)!

HUZZAH!

If you guys would set up somewhere to make a donation, I'd definitely provide some incentive. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way and I'm actually waiting for the 3945 to work!

Fantastic work... really amazing! Good luck with the rest of your adventure.

i've installed iwi2200 v6 for my intel 2200BG, but i've same problem of previeus version. i can't swich on the wlan, and the movement of mouse are not fluids.

can you help me

sorry for my easy english but i'm italian.

i've installed iwi2200 v6 for my intel 2200BG, but i've same problem of previeus version. i can't swich on the wlan, and the movement of mouse are not fluids.

can you help me

sorry for my easy english but i'm italian.

The same error.

Anyway, thank you, guys, for your work!

OK, first of all, great work guys :)

A bit confused about this use_10_4_8 key though.

If I am running osx 10.4.8, what is the correct setting?

<key>p_disable</key>

<integer>0</integer>

<key>use_10_4_8</key>

<integer>1</integer>

Is this correct?

thats the setting i used to get it to work... i realise that this causes a kernel panic after a period of usage.... not sure what is the error... on top of the slow network speed...... u would not recommend u to use it when u r doing important work as it might suddenly jus hang up ur system in the middle of ur work....

OK, first of all, great work guys :)

A bit confused about this use_10_4_8 key though.

If I am running osx 10.4.8, what is the correct setting?

<key>p_disable</key>

<integer>0</integer>

<key>use_10_4_8</key>

<integer>1</integer>

Is this correct?

if u dont work at 10.4.8 environment, u should set "0" to "p_disable" at first .

if u dont work with p_disable=0, u should set "1" to "use_10_4_8".

my answer help u?

YEah they should both get little blue badges, and a spot in X Labs

I understood IOKit(may not be much more ) and iwi2200 but i dont undersntad the system of this forum.

what is blue badges ? it is attached u?( "X Labs Dev"?)

xKazu, the blue badges "X-Lab Dev" means that you are a developer who have made significant or major contributions to the OS X86 project.

Its a great honor for the developer to be recognised for his efforts... :unsure: keep up the good work and help the 2100 and the 3945 people..... once that is done, help us tune it further! :D

hi xkazu

i manage to load the latest kext and its working well

but i saw these error in dmesg -

darwin_iwi2200: Ethernet address 00:15:00:4f:b0:ee

display: Not usable

en1: DAD detected duplicate IPv6 address fe80:0005::0215:00ff:fe4f:b0ee: NS in/out=1/1, NA in=0

en1: DAD complete for fe80:0005::0215:00ff:fe4f:b0ee - duplicate found

en1: manual intervention required

en1 duplicate IP address 192.168.2.200 sent from address 00:15:00:4f:b0:ee

hey, i'm having the same stuff in my dmesg also... but i had like 10 of it on one time before..... been using it for a day... crashed on me once so far..... NO LED.... so i cant monitor the traffic.... freaking slow....