Intel Wireless driver

jalavoui

3,992 posts in this topic

there is no updated version of the driver yet, only one version. Edit the Info.plist in the kext and set p_disable to 0. Seemed to help a little bit in my case, but it still doesnt detect the mac address , it says its in deep sleep, which relates to the following piece of code.

int darwin_iwi3945::ipw_grab_restricted_access(struct ipw_priv *priv)
{
int rc;
ipw_set_bit(CSR_GP_CNTRL, CSR_GP_CNTRL_REG_FLAG_MAC_ACCESS_REQ);
rc = ipw_poll_bit( CSR_GP_CNTRL,
//		  CSR_GP_CNTRL_REG_VAL_MAC_ACCESS_EN,
		  (CSR_GP_CNTRL_REG_FLAG_MAC_CLOCK_READY | CSR_GP_CNTRL_REG_FLAG_GOING_TO_SLEEP), 4000);
if (rc < 0) {
	IOLog("MAC is in deep sleep!\n");
//			  ipw_set_bit(priv, CSR_RESET, CSR_RESET_REG_FLAG_FORCE_NMI);
	return -EIO;
}

priv->status |= STATUS_RESTRICTED;

return 0;
}

i think the IEEE80211 is the portion that jalavoui has directly ported from linux over to mac... it is not apple's own implementation of the 80211 framework.... that kinda explains the showing of the IEEE80211 framework at the "About this mac" portion.

hi all,

can anyone send me the Apple80211.framework and IO80211Family.kext for 10.4.7?

i'm using 10.4.8 (8.8.1 kernel) and i cant find the Apple80211.framework and IO80211Family.kext for 10.4.7.

can anyone help me? please email to me, kinwah.lai@gmail.com..

thanks

kin wah

the IO80211 from 10.4.8 causes lots of crashes (especially in the airport menu)

it will be safe to test the driver in 10.4.7 to avoid mac os x86 crashes.

jalavoui, v5 driver begin to work in my environment( 10.4.8 IO80211Family ).

v5 has following problems excludiing airport menu.

• thread of ::enable(and ipw_up) blocks raising interrupt so dont call __ipw_send_cmd collectly.
    I think that thread of ::enable has high priority more than isr of iwi2200.
    this dont occur in 10.4.7? and Are there queue_te in order to escape from the problem?
    the problem may be fixed using hardware interrupt ( this is not good method).
  • scanning and association is not work. i must find it.
  • cannot unload driver. this dont free workloop and Queue realted tx and rx.

if i find good method ,i will post patch about it.

Edited by xkazu

nano -w iwi3945.kext/Contents/Info.plist

search for p_disable

the line underneath, change the value from 1 to 0

CTRL-O to save

CTRL-W to exit

rm /System/Library/Extensions.*

reboot

Where can I get the iwi3945.kext file?

I couldn't find it.

Would anyone help me, please?

Thanks.

there is no updated version of the driver yet, only one version. Edit the Info.plist in the kext and set p_disable to 0. Seemed to help a little bit in my case, but it still doesnt detect the mac address , it says its in deep sleep, which relates to the following piece of code.

int darwin_iwi3945::ipw_grab_restricted_access(struct ipw_priv *priv)
}

patatester

the problem with iwi3945 (and iwi2100) in detecting the mac address as to do with the firmware.

once that is fixed, it will start detecting the correct mac address

do you think you can try to fix the firmware loading?

the get_status_dev() should be changed (see iwi2200) to allow cards with diferent interface numbers (en0,en1). that's easy do to (just copy paste the code)

the folder "net" from iwi2200 should be copied to iwi3945 (i changed a few things)

i need someone with this card to test new options. all it takes is getting xcode and rebuild the project

hi all,

can anyone send me the Apple80211.framework and IO80211Family.kext for 10.4.7?

i'm using 10.4.8 (8.8.1 kernel) and i cant find the Apple80211.framework and IO80211Family.kext for 10.4.7.

can anyone help me? please email to me, kinwah.lai@gmail.com..

thanks

kin wah

see previous posts

you can get the updates (10.4.5 to 10.4.7) from apple

and use pacifist to extract the files

jalavoui, v5 driver begin to work in my environment( 10.4.8 IO80211Family ).

v5 has following problems excludiing airport menu.

• thread of ::enable(and ipw_up) blocks raising interrupt so dont call __ipw_send_cmd collectly.
    I think that thread of ::enable has high priority more than isr of iwi2200.
    this dont occur in 10.4.7? and Are there queue_te in order to escape from the problem?
    the problem may be fixed using hardware interrupt ( this is not good method).
  • scanning and association is not work. i must find it.
  • cannot unload driver. this dont free workloop and Queue realted tx and rx.

if i find good method ,i will post patch about it.

the only difference in 10.4.7 is that using apple airport menu, system preferences don't block.

on the other hand in 10.4.8 the driver call set_power and seems to do a better job with the IO80211 functions

at this time i think it will be better for others to stick to 10.4.7 but if you like 10.4.8 that's ok with me.

the ipw_send_cmd should be change - i think it doesn't wait for the command to complete as it should

the enable() disable() should be changed to work similiar to ifconfig up/down

i'm using the kpi_mbuf functions (learning howto). check the kismac project to see code examples

the problem of scanning and association as to do with bring the link up. i'm unsure about the kpi_interface.h functions. maybe when the handle_data is ready it could work.

it would be nice to have a way to unload the driver with kextunload. i'm tired of rebooting the computer

the only difference in 10.4.7 is that using apple airport menu, system preferences don't block.

on the other hand in 10.4.8 the driver call set_power and seems to do a better job with the IO80211 functions

i think so > ( move ipw_up to set_power)

at this time i think it will be better for others to stick to 10.4.7 but if you like 10.4.8 that's ok with me.

if you know checking IOFamiliy version in source code, you tell me the method. i will change it ( if version is 10.4.8, ipw_up is called in setPower. if not , from ::enable() ).

the ipw_send_cmd should be change - i think it doesn't wait for the command to complete as it should

the enable() disable() should be changed to work similiar to ifconfig up/down

yes. but i think it is good that its implentation is after tx data packet .

i'm using the kpi_mbuf functions (learning howto). check the kismac project to see code examples

the problem of scanning and association as to do with bring the link up. i'm unsure about the kpi_interface.h functions. maybe when the handle_data is ready it could work.

it would be nice to have a way to unload the driver with kextunload. i'm tired of rebooting the computer

hum. I begin to write OutputPacket(), I should not do it ?

(I dont know the detail of kpi_mbuf and IO/Kit so I learning to read sevaral source code. )

ok. i will find the methond of uploading drivers.

I have svn repository of iwi2200. i want to send its url to you because it is not public.

it is no problem?

patatester

the problem with iwi3945 (and iwi2100) in detecting the mac address as to do with the firmware.

once that is fixed, it will start detecting the correct mac address

do you think you can try to fix the firmware loading?

the get_status_dev() should be changed (see iwi2200) to allow cards with diferent interface numbers (en0,en1). that's easy do to (just copy paste the code)

the folder "net" from iwi2200 should be copied to iwi3945 (i changed a few things)

i need someone with this card to test new options. all it takes is getting xcode and rebuild the project

downloading xcode, im a noob when it comes to xcode, but ill learn

Ill keep everyone posted on my results

If p_disable == 0, doing a ifconfig en1 up output this in system.log

Jan 21 13:18:27 patrick-de-lanauzes-computer kernel[0]: enabling netif...

Jan 21 13:18:27 patrick-de-lanauzes-computer kernel[0]: Intialize power

Jan 21 13:18:27 patrick-de-lanauzes-computer kernel[0]: adjust power command flags

Jan 21 13:18:27 patrick-de-lanauzes-computer kernel[0]: initialize rate scale window to 62

Jan 21 13:18:31 patrick-de-lanauzes-computer kernel[0]: MAC is in deep sleep!

Jan 21 13:18:31 patrick-de-lanauzes-computer kernel[0]: Unable to int nic

Jan 21 13:18:31 patrick-de-lanauzes-computer kernel[0]: trying to down the interface

else if p_disable == 1, it outputs this in system.log even though card is powered on or off

Jan 21 13:30:11 patrick-de-lanauzes-computer kernel[0]: enabling netif...

Jan 21 13:30:11 patrick-de-lanauzes-computer kernel[0]: Radio disabled by module parameter.

Jan 21 13:30:11 patrick-de-lanauzes-computer kernel[0]: trying to down the interface