Intel Wireless driver

jalavoui

3,992 posts in this topic

Just provide these logs as attachments

sudo ioreg -l > ioreg.txt

sudo dmesg > dmesg.txt

cat /var/log/system.log > system.log.txt

Still cant obtain the device's mac address, like you said jalavoui, seems the firmware still isnt loading properly.

here are some logs, the first system.log is after loading the kext, and the second system2.log.txt is after doing an ifconfig en1 down ; ifconfig en1 up

system2.log.txt

dmesg.txt

system.log.txt

Interesting... When I try to connect to a secured network (WPA-PSK) it just says it will not connect. But when attempting to connect to an unsecured network it will cause a kernel panic. (This is through "Other" in the airport menu bar thing)

I have attached system.log, dmesg and ioreg

Hmm, it seems my logs are quite long...

dmesg.txt

ioreg.txt

system.log.txt

Edited by eLMafUDd

Hello, hoping someone can help me. I've tried all the different ways I could find to install the 3945 kext file, but everytime I reboot it says it can't be loaded.

Now admittedly I am not too familiar with kext files, but I did follow the guides for permissions and using terminal but so far I always get the same error. I am running 10.4.7.

Thanks

Kelvalis, do this.

Move the kext file to /System/Library/Extensions

Remove /System/Library/Extensions/extensions.mkext and /System/Library/Extensions/extensions.kextcache

Then type the following into terminal:

sudo -s

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/iwi3945.kext

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/iwi3945.kext

touch /System/Library/Extensions/

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/

reboot

Help me please i cant change network interface using this

ok, for people who are like going "where the hell do i change the network interface of my airport to en1??" here's the solution:

1. go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

2. type "sudo nano NetworkInterfaces.plist"

3. if there are any networks occupying en1, change the value for that network to en2, and so on. Make sure they dont clash

4. find your airport device in the plist and change its BSD name to en1.

Somebody please help

this is v2 of iwi3945

i'll put this files in the google project soon

i've made a few changes on the firmware but i think that it isn't ready yet

making a few changes in source code can help

jalavoui ,

plz add its sources to svn repository.

trunk/iwi3945

eLMafUDd: Thank you, that worked! I now have a 'third party' wireless adapter.

This however brings me to my next problem. The card is set to off and my keys to turn it on have no effect. Is there something I have to do in OSX to turn on the card?

Thanks

You've to boot Windows, switch on wireless adapter using notebook button, then reboot to osx. The button/switch should work from now on. Intel wireless adapters are somehow locked by windows drivers and hardware buttons are not so 'hard'. Same issue if you upgrade to another mini-PCI wireless card. The eyes of the Windows are everywhere!

hope this helps

Installed the V2 driver. Airport detected third party card

Problems:

No mac address resolved.

Couldn't scan any networks.

I mimicked a fake mac 00-00-00-00-00-00 to my router, still no luck

Think the driver might not be ready. Thanks a milliion times to jalavoui

Edited by Bonnie Lo

I just tried this driver for the first time this weekend with 2200BG. For some reason, the regular .kext doesn't associate with the WAP, but the debug .kext does.

Here are my log files.

Good job on the driver. I'm amazed that you guys are able to figure out Apple's 80211 stuff so quickly.

ioreg.txt

ioregdebug.txt

dmesg.txt

system.txt

dmesgdebug.txt

systemdebug.txt

iwi3945_v2.kext gives me a kernel panic on boot, are there any steps we need to take besides installing the kext into /System/Library/Extensions/

Kext was loaded on my lenovo. I was not able to turn on or off airport. When I enabled interference robustness driver crashed.

BTW, when i check ucodes from firmware, i noticed that iwi2200 includes sniffer, bss, ibss fw files. When these files are not included in 3945 firmware sources? It looks like firmware for 3945 is not completely ported..

When I looked FreeBSD driver version 20070121, That includes only one ucode file. I assume this is firmware. How did you use hex2sting to create iwi_boot.fw, iwi_ucode.fw.h and others?

I have almost everything working now except for my wireless. I'm on a Thinkpad T42 using the JaS 10.4.8 disc, everything worked out of the box except full native resolution support (haven't bothered with that yet, 1024x768 is fine for now) and wireless/power management. I installed the power management section, and now it works fine, and I used software update to get the most recent OS X software, but now when I try to install the wireless driver, I get the following error when I follow the instructions and get to the point where I issue the kextload command, and I get the following:

14darwin_iwi2200 is not compatible with its superclass, 17IO80211Controller superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension iwi2200.kext

load failed for extension iwi2200.kext

Any ideas? I'm currently tethered on ethernet with my functioning NIC.

unpacked the tgz, modified the plist, when i load it up in the terminal using kextload iwi2200.kext, i just got "not authentic check ownership and permissions", im a mac newbie and needed somehelp with this issue thank you if u do!

Hi Guys,

I've been trying really hard to get my IW 2200 to work, i've tried every version! And none is loading or doing at least a kernel panic. Seriously nothing is happening here.

I have an Asus A6000 series Laptop, everyhting is working except the wireless for me! I have Core Image and QE fully working etc... I can have a perfect clone but the wifi is just a pain in the A°°.

I've been loading the kext, unloading it, changing permissions, etc... BUt not a single change.

I'm connected to the net through FW, when I ifconfig in the terminal neither ethernet nor wireless is showing up.

HELP. Do you think someone can create a installer for iwi2200 under OSX?

I downloaded the 10.4.7 update from Apple. Extracted using Pacifist. Then, extracted archive.pax.gz from the 10.4.7 update. I opened system/library/extensions and viewed io80211Family.kext file. Under the plugins, all I see is AirPortAtheros5424.kext. When I open my io80211.kext file from 10.4.6, I see the atheros kext and also AppleAirPortBRCM4311.kext.

I installed the io80211.kext from 10.4.7 and I installed the iwi2200 and nothing happened, I didn't even see the icon on the finder bar at the top. However, when I use my io80211.kext from 10.4.6, the kext loads, the icon shows up, but I cannot connect to a network.

Any insight into this problem will be greatly appreciated.

However, when I use my io80211.kext from 10.4.6, the kext loads, the icon shows up, but I cannot connect to a network.

Any insight into this problem will be greatly appreciated.

As a reminder, the only way the 2200 driver can associate is by allowing it to make automatic connections to unencrypted access points.

My connection at home is open. However, my school network is unecrypted, but its SSID is hidden. So, I click on the airport icon at the top, and click open internet connect. It says no network connection, so I click that, then click other, type in the SSID and it says that there was an error trying to join that network. I've tried this also with my home network (although the SSID is broadcasted) and its still a no-go.

Alright lemme know if i'm doing something wrong.

I'm using an ASUS A6000 Pentium M 725 1.6GHz, 512 RAM, with intel Wireless BG 2200,

Ethernet: Detected but grayed out in the preferences.

WIfi: Not detected

FW: ok connected and fully working

1.I get it all downloaded (MacOSX10.4.7 from apple.com, IO80211family.kext, IONetworkingFamily.kext, Apple80211.framework, and the iwi2200 V6.)

2 copy via terminal not to alter the file and reboot

3. I Open Tabs in Safari: This discussion! The instructions from iwidarwin -Google Code.

4.I Open the Terminal:

Then i start with this

-sudo chown -R root:wheel iwi2200.kext

then

i copy my kext to Extensions folder

therefore

-sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/iwi2200.kext

Then reboot and nothing is happening.

I've tried the same thing except that i'm repairing ownership before reboot.

It's driving me crazy am I doing something wrong?