[Release] macOS Ventura 13.0

Cyberdevs
184 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RoberT_XeS said:

Any idea how to fix this high cpu usage by mds_store

I will be like you during the first turn on for about 3-5 minutes. After that it will be normal.

Edited by naiclub
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, RoberT_XeS said:

Any idea how to fix this high cpu usage by mds_storeimage.thumb.png.f129e0b1c7a22db034e88df72ad2f07c.png

remove all directory from Spotlight (set all to privacy state...) you loose the spotlight but save ssd/nvme read/write and mds_stores stop

• Like 1

@RoberT_XeS  @D3v1L  @naiclub

Sometimes I see this behaviour on Ventura.

If it doesn't stop after a few minutes as naiclub says (it depends of the machine) you can disable the process.

Up to Catalina I was able to disable SpotLight doing in Terminal

sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.metadata.mds.plist

Now this can't be achieved due to SIP restrictions but we can disable SpotLight indexing:

sudo mdutil -a -i off

mds_stores disappears but SpotLight search is lost completely.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

...cannot add internet account on Ventura 13.1 here but same as 13.0 release..... (need to add email account on Mail.app).. anyone have same issue?

"access" didn't work (grey/not active button)...

image.png.87c08a00e72d922434048d5dd2822a55.png

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 1

This may have been answered before - No Ventura support for R9 390X graphics card?

Installed Ventura on a X99 machine [HP Z840], but video showed as 390X 12MB. The same card is running perfectly fine under Monterey, out of the box.

Goodmorning bro's

a strange prob is,

some older USB stick's formated on GUID/Jurnaled, are not recognized

from my USB's on Desktop.

My USB is fixed and works correctly with any other device,,

Can help me with this please ? Any Idea's ?

(on my Laptop with bigSur recognized all right) Thats meens the USB stick's they have no problem.

Edited by Moviemakergr
  • Like 1

@xtddd Same issue here (Z390 Aorus Master, same CPU i7 9700K) 

Kext has a CFBundleExecutable property but the executable can't be found:    X86PlatformPlugin
Not signed, not authenfied ????

EDIT: as @aben  said on a topic: SSDT-PLUG is no more necessary since Monterey 12.3. If I well understand : on Ventura, only X86PlatformPlugin Info.plist exist, so no executable can't be load.

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 2

@xtddd  @Matgen84

My ioreg is the same as yours. Where do yo see "Kext has a CFBundleExecutable property but the executable can't be found: X86PlatformPlugin"?

EDIT: I see, it's in System Profiler >> Extensions >> Validation features. I have also the same text.

But if you look at other extensions, many of them have the same warning.

If the Certificate column has Unknown, the validation warning is displayed, despite the kext is from Apple or not.

If the Certificate column has Yes, the validation warning doesn't exist.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 3