[Release] macOS Ventura 13.0

Cyberdevs
184 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

Today I received a wifi card for my T430, it is the Dell 1550 model:

https://www.ebay.es/itm/203043709916

But it doesn't work in ventura... do you know what kext I need?  

Thanks a lot 🤗

I'm at work and I can't check right now, but I'm pretty sure I have 2 laptops with this card running Ventura. I'll report back. Below, the kexts:

Spoiler

1.thumb.png.8a4d155df8618311c8019372f3da7a83.png

Some laptops have white list for wifi cards. Maybe this card isn't compatible. If is this, search a modded BIOS with white list deleted.

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Z390 + RX 6600 + iMac19,1 + OC 0.8.6 >> updated flawlessly. As far as I've seen, all seem to be working fine.

iMac 21,5" late 2015 (iMac16,2) + OCLP 0.5.0 >> also updated without issues.

Thank you OC and OCLP devs!!!

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

I'm at work and I can't check right now, but I'm pretty sure I have 2 laptops with this card running Ventura. I'll report back. Below, the kexts:

Hide contents

1.thumb.png.8a4d155df8618311c8019372f3da7a83.png

Some laptops have white list for wifi cards. Maybe this card isn't compatible. If is this, search a modded BIOS with white list deleted.

Thanks a lot!!

In an hour I'll prove... that I've left the house for a moment

the laptop does not have a white list, it has ivyra1n for years you can use any wiffi on it... the card appears in hackintool and in ioreg but it says that there is no driver loaded... obviously because I have not put any, I thought it would be OOTB 😁

7 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

Thanks a lot!!

In an hour I'll prove... that I've left the house for a moment

the laptop does not have a white list, it has ivyra1n for years you can use any wiffi on it... the card appears in hackintool and in ioreg but it says that there is no driver loaded... obviously because I have not put any, I thought it would be OOTB 😁

BCM94352 never was OOTB.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, 陈军鹏 said:

How to get full hardware acceleration in AMD radeon RX 580 without iGPU and AVX2...

Non AVX2 machines, iMac10,1 to iMac12,2 and MacPro3,1+MacPro5,1 using a Polaris dGPU, all these platforms currently no support DRM nor VDA Decoder (no Apple / Dortania support).

Although you can set different SMBIOS with OpenCore (you have set MacPro7,1), really your hardware is like a 2012 MacPro so I think you can't get full hardware acceleration even with Polaris card.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, PoMpIs said:

Today I received a wifi card for my T430, it is the Dell 1550 model:

https://www.ebay.es/itm/203043709916

But it doesn't work in ventura... do you know what kext I need?  

Thanks a lot 🤗

I have the 94352HMB in my Dell Latitude E6410 (now running Big Sur and Monterey).  Wi-Fi and Bluetooth works perfectly in Big Sur, but I can't get Bluetooth to work in Monterey (and haven't even attempted Ventura).  Only Wi-Fi works for me in Monterey.  I'm still struggling with the problems reported here.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

I have the 94352HMB in my Dell Latitude E6410 (now running Big Sur and Monterey).  Wi-Fi and Bluetooth works perfectly in Big Sur, but I can't get Bluetooth to work in Monterey (and haven't even attempted Ventura).  Only Wi-Fi works for me in Monterey.  I'm still struggling with the problems reported here.

Well, I have only added these Kext and it works fine

1653794449_Capturadepantalla2022-10-26alas20_11_50.thumb.png.3813eb089a9ef1e70db15dfee5f430f1.png

234005779_Capturadepantalla2022-10-26alas20_13_10.png.999969a8e5cb745f7080cdb93451aa69.png

565774572_Capturadepantalla2022-10-26alas20_14_41.thumb.png.86798d18f4a76a3a673de7ab7a1d171f.png

• Like 1

Yes.  I've added the same kexts without success.  The issue may be related to the SMBIOS Mac model, where Bluetooth works in some models and not others.  Still hoping for it to be resolved for my HackBookPro6,2.

• Like 1

For me Ventura release 22A380 really takes the cake, it provides me with some features, in my environment at least, or is it perhaps workflow, that I think I may one day need or maybe I don't ever need. Presently it is however stable, reliable and dependable.

I have therefore disconnected myself from the Apple developer seeding program and will from now on only upgrade my macOS 'es that I run, with release code that Apple occasionally makes available.

For 30 months, starting with Big Sur, I have been continuously egg-dancing from one beta release to another without ever being certain whether problems, that surfaced during this period, were attributable to flaws in Apple's beta code or not. I therefore decided that I need to get down to using my diverse macOS platforms in a way that beta code is not continuously playing a role whatsoever in my endeavours to get some serious work gone.

Good bye therefore to using Apple's  beta code, at least until June 2023, or perhaps even beyond.

Greetings Henties

• Like 3

@PoMpIs There are three BrcmPatchRAM boot-args I'm playing with that may interest you: -btlfxallowanyaddr bpr_initialdelay=400 bpr_postresetdelay=400

For BrcmPatchRAM3: I have found that bpr_initialdelay=400 bpr_postresetdelay=400 may be resolving "stuck" boot issues that I have with macOS newer than Big Sur.

For Bluetool-Fixup: -btlfxallowanyaddr  may be necessary for working Bluetooth with macOS 12.4 and newer.

Read more here.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hace 36 minutos, deeveedee dijo:

@PoMpIsHay tres botas de arranque BrcmPatchRAM con las que estoy jugando que pueden interesarte: -btlfxallowanyaddr bpr_initialdelay=400 bpr_postresetdelay=400

Para BrcmPatchRAM3: He descubierto que bpr_initialdelay=400 bpr_postresetdelay=400 puede estar resolviendo problemas de arranque "atascado" que tengo con macOS más nuevo que Big Sur.

Para Bluetool-Fixup: -btlfxallowanyaddr puede ser necesario para trabajar con Bluetooth con macOS 12.4 y versiones posteriores.

Lea más aquí.

Well, in my case, I only added "brcmfx-country" in device properties...

But on this laptop it works without doing anything else... it doesn't have any problems with wifi or bluetooth... I even used Airdrop between the iPhone and the Lenovo a while ago and it works fine... Handoff also works fine...

It seems that it does not work is it universal control?? with the other Lenovo 520s if it works..

@Stefanalmare... do you know if universal control works with this wiffi card? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PoMpIs said:

Well, in my case, I only added "brcmfx-country" in device properties...

But on this laptop it works without doing anything else... it doesn't have any problems with wifi or bluetooth... I even used Airdrop between the iPhone and the Lenovo a while ago and it works fine... Handoff also works fine...

It seems that it does not work is it universal control?? with the other Lenovo 520s if it works..

@Stefanalmare... do you know if universal control works with this wiffi card? 

No. And you have just half Airdrop. If you want to have both way, disable wifi/ bluetooth in both machine and reenable. It works until next reboot or less.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

No. And you have just half Airdrop. If you want to have both way, disable wifi/ bluetooth in both machine and reenable. It works until next reboot or less.

:cry: 

I think I made a mistake when buying this card...  (  Airdrop works so well for me sending and receiving without turning bluetooth off and on, I have gone from Rocket lake to lenovo and from lenovo to rocket lake files by airdrop without problems 🤷‍♂️ )

Would this other work out of the box??:

https://www.ebay.es/itm/264546406845