[Release] macOS Ventura 13.0

Cyberdevs
184 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, MacNB said:

Only 3.92GB in size ??

Seems like an incremental update for already installed Beta ?

I'm still using Monterey as my main OS so the screenshot is from Monterey. I haven't updated to Ventura yet so not sure why it is only 3.92 GB

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I'm still using Monterey as my main OS so the screenshot is from Monterey. I haven't updated to Ventura yet so not sure why it is only 3.92 GB

I did this and confirm that upgrade from  Monterey to Ventura is only 3.92Gb.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, surenmunoo said:

I turned on File Vault during beta phase and cannot turn it off now to install the release version, can not even erase drive to do a full install. Anyone knows how to remove file vault, it's not turning off in settings. 

you mite try booting from a bootable usb and formatting the drive from that.  try formatting the drive to FAT first

• Like 3

16 hours ago, miliuco said:

@badbrain

The link you posted gets the 18.0.02 version and ᄉᄎ,ㅅㅊ as keywords (Get Info over the app) but RC2 is 18.0.18 without keywords, is it right?

EDIT: better go to App Store >> look for Ventura >> Download.

Reveal hidden contents

ventura.thumb.png.6770889db33416d98857baad17a29b47.png

What you get there under "Information/Version" says nothing. The link I posted leads to build 22A380....so it's not "better" to go to App Store....

Edited by badbrain
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, D3v1L said:

LoL all obsessed with clean install xD and maybe then restore with time machine 😛 ...don't have fear to simply update...is not Windows 3.11 :D 

well depends. I see it as making a backup and testing gain of function of that back up. that's common sense not obsession

Hi guys,

have someone already tried booting an x79 machine with a Polaris card?
I can boot Ventura and install OCLP patches if I use a GT710 but, if I try to boot with the RX570, macOS just reboot itself while doing the verbose with no error or kernel panic. I think it tries to load the actual gpu driver (with AVX2) that simply won't work on my machine due to lack of AVX2 support of my CPU.

Do you know if there's a way to load the GPU with a VESA-like driver so I can apply OCLP patches? 

Thank in advice for the help

3 hours ago, SchlachtbankHS said:

Hi guys,

have someone already tried booting an x79 machine with a Polaris card?
I can boot Ventura and install OCLP patches if I use a GT710 but, if I try to boot with the RX570, macOS just reboot itself while doing the verbose with no error or kernel panic. I think it tries to load the actual gpu driver (with AVX2) that simply won't work on my machine due to lack of AVX2 support of my CPU.

Do you know if there's a way to load the GPU with a VESA-like driver so I can apply OCLP patches? 

Thank in advice for the help

Yes. Use these boot args (ipc_control_port_options=0 -amd_no_dgpu_accel amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1)  and cryptexFixup.kext for install

Edited by anerik70
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, anerik70 said:

Yes. Use -amd_no_dgpu_accel  boot arg  and cryptexFixup.kext for install

Thanks for your advice but I already have the kext and I tried with that boot-arg but no success. If I swap GPU with the GT710 that I mentioned before I can reach the desktop and I can enable graphic acceleration with OCPL so I'm sure it's a GPU issue.

Edit: I was your edit just now, I tried adding ipc_control_port_options=0 but the only difference is that now it gets stuck during boot instead of restarting, but it gets stuck everytime in a different part of the boot phase, so I don't think it's relevant where it stops booting.

Edited by SchlachtbankHS

I updated to 12.6.1, which took a while, then since I already had a 12.6.0 backup I thought , what the hell, and updated to Ventura. It took significantly less time to run than the 12.6.1 update. For the Ventura update it initially downloaded 3.92gb, failed then downloaded a package over 12gb.

Obviously there are some glitches to sort out (unless that reading is due to the "high output" UPS battery I bought off AliExpress.😛) Otherwise smooth sailing so far.

1843658824_Screenshot2022-10-25at4_34_27PM.png.3d9fc65d5e8504cf9a22e5c18472b15e.png

• Like 1

8小时前,SchlachtbankHS说:

嗨,伙计们,

有人已经尝试过用北极星卡启动x79机器吗?
如果我使用GT710,我可以启动Ventura并安装OCLP补丁,但是,如果我尝试使用RX570启动,macOS只需重新启动自己,同时进行冗长,没有错误或内核崩溃。我认为它试图加载实际的gpu驱动程序(带有AVX2),由于我的CPU缺乏AVX2支持,该驱动程序根本无法在我的机器上工作。

你知道是否有办法用类似VESA的驱动程序加载GPU,这样我就可以应用OCLP补丁吗?

谢谢你的帮助

Boot -args:-v -x amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1

705B7A67-9BE1-4517-BB1D-B2AC6F193E9C.thumb.jpeg.877a47411d1137a97c7b1d1e4f9c3fd2.jpeg

E5-2690v2  rx580

• Like 1

New release of Ventura 13.0 22A380, updated over the air OTA. Everything is working.

Real Mac - MacBook Pro 13'' Retina Early 2015 with latest OCLP 0.5.0, OpenCore 0.8.5 Latest Kexts.

Need to re-patch with OCLP 0.5.0 to work acceleration of my Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536MB.

image.thumb.png.86307c4372abe2267e5cc45a57e4aea2.png

• Like 3