[Release] macOS Ventura 13.0

Cyberdevs
184 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi my friend, are you use only kexts (like USBports, USBMap, or UsbInjecktAll, or you use SSDT to fix energy and all fixes?

Thanks for reply.

I use SSDT from hackintool but i have try and both together i meen kext and SSDT.

what I discovered after my first post is that it recognizes them on USB2 ports if I format them as APFS format it recognizes them normally as USB 3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2022 at 1:25 PM, Moviemakergr said:

Thanks for reply.

I use SSDT from hackintool but i have try and both together i meen kext and SSDT.

what I discovered after my first post is that it recognizes them on USB2 ports if I format them as APFS format it recognizes them normally as USB 3.

Hi my friend, to me and my computers work better if im use SSDT compiled especially to use with another SSDTS generated for Hackintool or USBToolbox, USBMaps, etc...

Is very difficult (to me) but I can get it, and need say, worth every effort. After that you get great velocity and avoid disconnect issue.

Im saw related to much issues, that  was reported with Monterey and Ventura after update system from Big Sur. Im recommend fresh install. And use extract ACPI Tables from Opencore or Clover.

Take a look in GitHub here: 

https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/03_USB_Fixes

Good Luck

Edited by Max.1974
correct gramatic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There are serious issues with ExFAT on Ventura. For example, commands like "rsync --times" or "cp -p" don't properly preserve creation and modification dates and times when copying files from the internal drive to external disks, or even simple USB drives, if formatted in ExFAT. The new files have their modification date and time assigned to the date and time of creation (while they should retain the mod date/time of the original file), and they don't have a valid creation date (show info will not list a creation date, and "GetFileInfo -d" will output a string of NULL characters). It doesn't matter if the ExFAT drive was created under macos or under windows or linux. This is clearly a file system driver issue since it also occurs when simply copying files through Finder.

According to the testing I've done so far, this happens only on external drives, and only on drive formatted in ExFAT (and even FAT32). This does not happend with drives formatted in HPFS or APFS. And also, files copied from an external drive to an internal drive behave as expected, i.e. they display proper modified and creation dates and times.

The problem also exists on the latest beta of Ventura 3.1, but it does not happen on Monterey. There, all files copies to or from external and internal drives, regardless of file system, behave as expected.

I had to downgrade both my macs (one hackintosh, but also one real mac) to Monterey so the bash script I use for backups continues to work as expected (it makes use of files creation and modification dates/times to know wich files to update). If you rely on external drives formatted with ExFAT in your workflow, I strongly suggest you don't upgrade to Ventura (or downgrade to Monterey if you've already upgraded) until this problem is fixed. As far as I'm concerned, data integrity of ExFAT drives in Ventura cannot be relied upon at this moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Laqk

Pleas add a signature to your user profile.

There are users here that have noticed that Ventura has an issue with FAT32 formated EFI partitions, slow read and write. It's time to check external exFAT, I haven't seen this yet. Thanks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Laqk said:

There are serious issues with ExFAT on Ventura. For example, commands like "rsync --times" or "cp -p" don't properly preserve creation and modification dates and times when copying files from the internal drive to external disks, or even simple USB drives, if formatted in ExFAT. The new files have their modification date and time assigned to the date and time of creation (while they should retain the mod date/time of the original file), and they don't have a valid creation date (show info will not list a creation date, and "GetFileInfo -d" will output a string of NULL characters). It doesn't matter if the ExFAT drive was created under macos or under windows or linux. This is clearly a file system driver issue since it also occurs when simply copying files through Finder.

According to the testing I've done so far, this happens only on external drives, and only on drive formatted in ExFAT (and even FAT32). This does not happend with drives formatted in HPFS or APFS. And also, files copied from an external drive to an internal drive behave as expected, i.e. they display proper modified and creation dates and times.

The problem also exists on the latest beta of Ventura 3.1, but it does not happen on Monterey. There, all files copies to or from external and internal drives, regardless of file system, behave as expected.

I had to downgrade both my macs (one hackintosh, but also one real mac) to Monterey so the bash script I use for backups continues to work as expected (it makes use of files creation and modification dates/times to know wich files to update). If you rely on external drives formatted with ExFAT in your workflow, I strongly suggest you don't upgrade to Ventura (or downgrade to Monterey if you've already upgraded) until this problem is fixed. As far as I'm concerned, data integrity of ExFAT drives in Ventura cannot be relied upon at this moment.

Hi, im not noticed that issue, because my external drivers was formatted in APFS or NTFS. I notice that pendrive formatted with EXfat from Windows or macOs get issues. 

Edited: Only way to found a solution is formatted with a Linux tool, called GParted, excellent tool. Im solve problems with Windows ask to format usb os messages about Multiply disks formatted with GParted, but pay attention, im used GPT partition in Linux, macOs is the same (GUID) and formatted to EXFat or Fat32. Both systems, Mac or Windows not change anything anymore... Hope you can fix that.

Need a little pendrive to burn iso image for GParted using Rufus in Windows.  And prevent Windows created hidden files or vice versa from macOs :pirate:

4 hours ago, miliuco said:

@Laqk

Pleas add a signature to your user profile.

There are users here that have noticed that Ventura has an issue with FAT32 formated EFI partitions, slow read and write. It's time to check external exFAT, I haven't seen this yet. Thanks.

Captura de Tela 2022-11-20 às 18.10.26.png

Captura de Tela 2022-11-20 às 18.12.09.png

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 2

Hi thanks for the knowledge, im appreciated, so in Linux GPT (GUID) is better than macOs or MBR from Windows. In GParted only show GPT option. Really I have no idea that was the same GUID. Sorry!

Im sure that's issues for thoose new macOs like Ventura, is cause because users not mapping correctly USB ports, or not use  SSDT edited to USB mapping, and im believe we have big trouble issues with formatted disks from Mac or Windows.

Linux tool is much better and im notice that the Windows can't creat hidden files and vice versa. Thanks man, im very glad to learn about all you. 

:graduated:

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 2

On 11/10/2022 at 4:35 AM, PoMpIs said:

I even had an SSD in the Lenovo T430 with version 13.0 and the update comes out too 👍

2049279296_Capturadepantalla2022-11-09alas21_30_12.thumb.png.111030c362ceb04d12d9d3ed1da4da3b.png

What is the problem of being unable to wake up after sleep?

On 10/30/2022 at 8:27 PM, PoMpIs said:

Hello :) 

It's just that you don't have to do anything... MacOS Ventura likes this hardware..

Everything works for me, Sleep, facetime, messages, speedstep, everything... even if I'm nearby if they call me on the phone, having an iPhone I can answer at the Raptor lake...

The i226v OOTB network also works, I just need to have VT-D activated in bios...

All the USBs work... and the wiffi and bluetooth, I have replaced the intel card that came with the motherboard for one of these:

https://www.ebay.es/itm/174224694910

I can use universal control and I use a MagicTrackpad with this system perfectly, even if it's in sleep with just clicking on the trackpad it wakes up..

I have even updated it to MacOS 13.1 beta and it works great too.

The truth is that the computer with MacOS is nice, but where I use it the most is in windows for games

Reveal hidden contents

TwZ5cvJ.jpg

I leave you here the EFI that I use now... ( OC 0.8.6 ) 

I have deleted Tools and Resources by size to upload to the forum

EFI.zip 783.16 kB · 38 downloads

That hasn't appeared to me yet... and it's been working for a few days now...

But on this computer I did a clean install of Vantura

1665800785_Capturadepantalla2022-10-30alas13_28_37.thumb.png.c6fd4237c8ced8d2c309892ef31f1601.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ucdosjiafu said:

Well, I don't know, both the T430 and the Raptor Lake work fine when they wake it up from sleep

Have you mapped the USB ports?

• Like 2

It's just that you don't have to do anything... MacOS Ventura likes this hardware..

Everything works for me, Sleep, facetime, messages, speedstep, everything... even if I'm nearby if they call me on the phone, having an iPhone I can answer at the Raptor lake...

The i226v OOTB network also works, I just need to have VT-D activated in bios...

All the USBs work... and the wiffi and bluetooth, I have replaced the intel card that came with the motherboard for one of these:

I can use universal control and I use a MagicTrackpad with this system perfectly, even if it's in sleep with just clicking on the trackpad it wakes up..

The truth is that the computer with MacOS is nice, but where I use it the most is in windows for games

Reveal hidden contents

TwZ5cvJ.jpg

EFI.zipFetching info...

1665800785_Capturadepantalla2022-10-30alas13_28_37.thumb.png.c6fd4237c8ced8d2c309892ef31f1601.png

Is your motherboard Asus z790-f?

Reveal hidden contents

TwZ5cvJ.jpg

EFI.zip 783.16 kB · 52 downloads

my z790-f + 13900k +6800xt

Hello, with your efi, the black apples are all normal. The only problem is that when you sleep, the computer crashes. What's the problem?

I'm looking for more info on OCLP and Ventura install on a 775 socket. I have an old Asus P5Q with a Xeon X5460 (771 to 775 converted)

Currently still running Sierra because X5460 only having SSE 4.1 and tried to get newer MacOS to install but couldn't make it work for the last 4 years. 

But then i saw this below. Also SSE 4.1 proc and had to give it a try. It won't boot. I used a USB hard disk because i run out of USB sticks. Tried google but haven't seen anybody with the same problem. Just a blinking cursor. It just won't load the bootloader. Like there is no EFI partition. 

I'm running Ventura 13.0.1 with latest OCLP. Anybody got an idea or link to a guide for 775 boards and new MacOs? Thanks! 

17 hours ago, LockDown said:

You need SSE4.2 on Mojave and above. Or use Telemetrap.kext to override it

Thanks i knew that. But if you check Stefanalmare his post above which i quoted you see he claims you only need the oclp and it will work. Q9650 was inside the iMac10,1 so i guess the legacy patcher uses the telemetrap.kext to overwrite it too or something like that. 

Anyway that is not my problem. My 775 system won't start the oclp bootloader from my usb harddisk. I tried 2 so far. And i can't find that problem anywhere online. My Sierra clover usb stick works fine on the same system btw. 

So i'm looking for info on places online that specializes on oclp and hackintosh. Any tips would be great! 

Edit: i think i know what i did wrong. I only used 1 partition of the size of the disk. So 500gb and 1 TB. I think i need to make a 16 gb partition like i did on my stick. Anyway if it works i'll start a 775 and Ventura topic for myself and others. 

Edited by RAW2019

On 12/1/2022 at 4:58 PM, RAW2019 said:

I'm looking for more info on OCLP and Ventura install on a 775 socket. I have an old Asus P5Q with a Xeon X5460 (771 to 775 converted)

Currently still running Sierra because X5460 only having SSE 4.1 and tried to get newer MacOS to install but couldn't make it work for the last 4 years. 

But then i saw this below. Also SSE 4.1 proc and had to give it a try. It won't boot. I used a USB hard disk because i run out of USB sticks. Tried google but haven't seen anybody with the same problem. Just a blinking cursor. It just won't load the bootloader. Like there is no EFI partition. 

I'm running Ventura 13.0.1 with latest OCLP. Anybody got an idea or link to a guide for 775 boards and new MacOs? Thanks! 

I have installed some time ago Monterey on Asus P5Q and it worked beautifully. Just "sleep" made me problems.

2 hours ago, RAW2019 said:

Thanks i knew that. But if you check Stefanalmare his post above which i quoted you see he claims you only need the oclp and it will work. Q9650 was inside the iMac10,1 so i guess the legacy patcher uses the telemetrap.kext to overwrite it too or something like that. 

Anyway that is not my problem. My 775 system won't start the oclp bootloader from my usb harddisk. I tried 2 so far. And i can't find that problem anywhere online. My Sierra clover usb stick works fine on the same system btw. 

So i'm looking for info on places online that specializes on oclp and hackintosh. Any tips would be great! 

Edit: i think i know what i did wrong. I only used 1 partition of the size of the disk. So 500gb and 1 TB. I think i need to make a 16 gb partition like i did on my stick. Anyway if it works i'll start a 775 and Ventura topic for myself and others. 

OCLP on Hackintosh, it fix just GPU. You have to put yourself necessary kexts in OC. In your case, telemetrap.kext is a must.

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

I have installed some time ago Monterey on Asus P5Q and it worked beautifully. Just "sleep" made me problems.

I had Catalina installed on a Gigabyte P45 Socket 775 board and sleep was problematic for me as well.  I ended up disabling sleep, but all else worked fine.

EDIT: By the way - my rig also used a Xeon 771->775. Great budget CPU!

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

OCLP on Hackintosh, it fix just GPU. You have to put yourself necessary kexts in OC. In your case, telemetrap.kext is a must.

Thank you! You inspired me to try my 775 mb again. 

Do you have any online documentation or guide you used about getting the P5q to work on monterey? I know there is a 775 topic here but last time i checked it didn't convince me i could get past Sierra where i'm at now. 

I used the clover/[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] etc route back then with Sierra. Tried Mojave and higher but i couldn't get it to work. Thanks!