[Release] macOS Ventura 13.0

Cyberdevs
184 posts in this topic

On 10/25/2022 at 11:02 PM, 陈军鹏 said:

I think so!

QQ20221013-124959@2x.thumb.png.7421c1b33cf6c29afd6549fc14f295f6.png EFI.zip 6.2 MB · 82 downloads

This is my previous file

Hi, i have installed Ventura 13.2.1 on a Jingsha x79M-S + E5-2690v2 with the help of your EFI folder (many thanks by tha way) and using OCLP, the system is working with video acceleration and all the cores with hypertrading, But the "turbo boost" isn't working, it only get to the base frequency.
(In Monterey the PM is working good with the turbo boost and all the P and C states)
Have you managed to get turbo boost on Ventura 13.2.1? and if the answer is yes, would you help me with this?

By now i only have read that the problem in Ventura is concerning to "MSR 0xE2", and the only way to get a working PM, is to force XCPM in the config.plist, but unlock "MSR 0xE2" in the motherboard bios is mandatory, and my motherboard lacks this function.

Captura de pantalla 2023-03-20 a la(s) 21.54.59.png

3 hours ago, Slice said:

MSR 0xE2 has no relation to turbo boost as well as any P-states as it has a relation to C-states.

Screenshot 2023-03-26 at 22.26.46.png

Thanks for clarify this to me @Slice.

¿So enabling Turbo Boost for Ivy Brige-E on Ventura it's only a matter of the config.plist configuration and not a Bios issue?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2023 at 11:41 PM, rbeltran said:

Hi, i have installed Ventura 13.2.1 on a Jingsha x79M-S + E5-2690v2 with the help of your EFI folder (many thanks by tha way) and using OCLP, the system is working with video acceleration and all the cores with hypertrading, But the "turbo boost" isn't working, it only get to the base frequency.
(In Monterey the PM is working good with the turbo boost and all the P and C states)
Have you managed to get turbo boost on Ventura 13.2.1? and if the answer is yes, would you help me with this?

By now i only have read that the problem in Ventura is concerning to "MSR 0xE2", and the only way to get a working PM, is to force XCPM in the config.plist, but unlock "MSR 0xE2" in the motherboard bios is mandatory, and my motherboard lacks this function.

Captura de pantalla 2023-03-20 a la(s) 21.54.59.png

Nice.....

Edited by RoberT_XeS

• 4 months later...
On 11/7/2022 at 5:56 AM, miliuco said:

@RoberT_XeS  @D3v1L  @naiclub

Sometimes I see this behaviour on Ventura.

If it doesn't stop after a few minutes as naiclub says (it depends of the machine) you can disable the process.

Up to Catalina I was able to disable SpotLight doing in Terminal

sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.metadata.mds.plist

Now this can't be achieved due to SIP restrictions but we can disable SpotLight indexing:

sudo mdutil -a -i off

mds_stores disappears but SpotLight search is lost completely.

Many thanks... This was literally driving me crazy for the last 3 months. I could not find anything that solved the issues I was experiencing until I tried this. No issues on install. Boot was fast but once the interface came up the system was unbelievably unresponsive. The beach ball cursor was present all the time and apps were taking forever to launch (if they even did). Sometimes apps would just bounce forever and need to be force closed. Opening OpenCore Configurator and saving a file took 15 min. Copying files of less than 1GB - 15 min. Updating the EFI folder was 10 min. People on the forums had me convinced this was a BIOS issue but my settings were exactly as the guides specify.

Once I ran the second command all the problems went away immediately.

Other than this one post, I had not seen a single reference to how to solve the issues I was having with Spotlight. What is the initial cause and why does it happen in Ventura on certain machine types?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 149113 said:

Many thanks... This was literally driving me crazy for the last 3 months. I could not find anything that solved the issues I was experiencing until I tried this. No issues on install. Boot was fast but once the interface came up the system was unbelievably unresponsive. The beach ball cursor was present all the time and apps were taking forever to launch (if they even did). Sometimes apps would just bounce forever and need to be force closed. Opening OpenCore Configurator and saving a file took 15 min. Copying files of less than 1GB - 15 min. Updating the EFI folder was 10 min. People on the forums had me convinced this was a BIOS issue but my settings were exactly as the guides specify.

Once I ran the second command all the problems went away immediately.

Other than this one post, I had not seen a single reference to how to solve the issues I was having with Spotlight. What is the initial cause and why does it happen in Ventura on certain machine types?

Open Activity Monitor.app to see what is the CPU loading process.

2 hours ago, Slice said:

Open Activity Monitor.app to see what is the CPU loading process.

There is nothing that stands out now, but to be candid, before this was fixed I was really looking at the overall CPU utilization and it was 98-99% free which is why I didn't put much effort into investigating services and apps at the OS level. I spent most of the time changing settings in config.plist, getting new ACPI files, changing BIOS settings all of which did nothing to improve the situation

• 3 months later...