[Release] macOS Catalina 10.15.7

gengik84

34 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Henry2010 said:

My Ivy Bridge build is in a kernel panic loop now :(

Clover and lilu kexts are all the latest. I have tried every possible solution I know including a minimal config that worked in 10.15.6.

Could anyone help? :)

I have no issues with Ivy Bridge (i5-3550), Clover 5.1.0.7, Lilu 1.4.3, WG 1.3.8

You need to capture your kernel panic screen and post here..

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sandokan71 said:

I have no issues with Ivy Bridge (i5-3550), Clover 5.1.0.7, Lilu 1.4.3, WG 1.3.8

You need to capture your kernel panic screen and post here..

Thanks. After I googled and disabled Clover's auto-restart, I saw the kernel panic telling me to submit it to panic.apple.com

So Clover and EFI may be fine. Downloading the full 10.15.7 installer now, because I cannot reinstall the macOSUpd10.15.7 pkg in Single User Mode.

Anyone experiencing issues with Chrome and Safari when I click on links in chrome it opens a new tab instead of staying focused on the same page and Safari opens a new window even though I set it to open a new Tab and focus on it.  

Both Browsers behavior have changed and no matter how I set it they are stuck on doing it one way only. 

Some other examples I try to move one tab on chrome and 4 move with it, I click on a tab it won't go to that Tab unless I click on it again.

I rebooted and its back to normal so maybe sleep/wake issue after that will investigate more.

Edited by oSxFr33k

18 hours ago, Henry2010 said:

Thanks. After I googled and disabled Clover's auto-restart, I saw the kernel panic telling me to submit it to panic.apple.com

So Clover and EFI may be fine. Downloading the full 10.15.7 installer now, because I cannot reinstall the macOSUpd10.15.7 pkg in Single User Mode.

Damn... it seems working again after I set Inject=1 and ResetHDA=True

Seriously? Inject=3 and ResetHDA=False worked in 10.15.6...

I also think the XCPM patch for Ivy Bridge is broken in 10.15.7.

At least this one seems not working.

<key>Find</key>
                <data>jUPEPEI=</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>jUPGPEI=</data>

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Hervé said:

the same RAM-related issues as that experienced with the Mojave update that was initially released at the same time as 10.15.7

Had the same problem in Mojave. Before 2nd fix for Mojave turned up I had to reinstall it(Mojave) via recovery, install security update 2020-005 then Safari 14 in this exact order and the problem was solved before fix from apple. This may also be way to avoid such surprises in Catalina, you should  find out soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, sl0wtarget said:

Okay, I don't know how to get the latest 10.5.7 image link lol :|

Those are the files you need:

Once Download is done:

Open "InstallAssistantAuto.pkg" using Pacifist then extract "Install macOS Catalina.app"

Right click "Install macOS Catalina.app" within Finder, choose Show Package Contents

Go to Contents - SharedSupport  and Place AppleDiagnostics.chunklistAppleDiagnostics.dmgBaseSystem.chunklistBaseSystem.dmg, and InstallESDDmg.pkg or InstallESD.dmg inside that folder

NOTICE: about InstallESD you can choose either to extract the InstallESD.dmg from the pkg using pacifist, or simply rename the InstallESDDmg.pkg to InstallESD.dmg both solutions will work out.

Now you have your Install macOS Catalina.app ready to go.

Edited by LAbyOne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/23/2020 at 7:02 PM, LAbyOne said:

Those are the files you need:

Once Download is done:

Open "InstallAssistantAuto.pkg" using Pacifist then extract "Install macOS Catalina.app"

Right click "Install macOS Catalina.app" within Finder, choose Show Package Contents

Go to Contents - SharedSupport  and Place AppleDiagnostics.chunklistAppleDiagnostics.dmgBaseSystem.chunklistBaseSystem.dmg, and InstallESDDmg.pkg or InstallESD.dmg inside that folder

NOTICE: about InstallESD you can choose either to extract the InstallESD.dmg from the pkg using pacifist, or simply rename the InstallESDDmg.pkg to InstallESD.dmg both solutions will work out.

Now you have your Install macOS Catalina.app ready to go.

Thank you again for your detailed help. Turns out I had to do that file rename. Not doing so led to an "installer app damaged" error. It shows my build as 19H2 and am prompted to install the 2020-001 Security Update (after reboot) which won't successfully install for me (and make the build 19H114). Unfortunately Supplemental/Security updates haven't been working for me, I have been having to use full installers to have a Data volume pop up (at Clover volume selection) to complete installation.

Edited by sl0wtarget

• 3 months later...