[Release] macOS Catalina 10.15.7

gengik84

34 posts in this topic

If you are referring to Catalina, that link is the only available as full install..

the problem you'r having not being able to install security updates most probably is the result of a corrupted UID in your recovery volume.

its happened to me once and mounting that volume and erasing the corrupted data was the solution..

you will notice that inside it instead of one only directory you'll have 2, normally the corrupted one has much less files inside due to the installation failure, and the most recent dates ofc, 

all others  InstallAssistantAuto.pkg refers to other systems.

I tried downloading the first mention of the files mentioned by LAbyOne and successfully create an installer but it appears to successfully install but the build number never changes—I'm still on 19H2. I can't blame them but pulling OS installers from the MAS was an a-hole move from my perspective.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Weird, I can mount Recovery via Terminal but it won't load/show on the desktop where I'd get a better idea of what I might be able to safely delete (as suggested by LAbyOne).

Disabling csrutil via Recovery doesn't stick although it seems successful while in Recovery (after rebooting csrutil shows as disabled via Terminal). Of course sudo mount -uw / doesn't work.

Edited by sl0wtarget

52 minutes ago, Hervé said:

@antuneddu As per its title, this thread is about released 10.15.7, not about beta versions; beta versions are discussed in [pre-release] threads. Don't hesitate to create your own ones if you wish but please stop posting about beta versions in [release] threads. It turns the threads into a mess and causes much confusion (cf. Big Sur 11.6 thread). Thank you.

You are right not finding a thread for the beta versions I posted them, I had to create a new one or simply whoever has to move it, however I deleted everything for the avoidance of doubt ... sorry again