OpenCanopy Icons

blackosx
1,484 posts in this topic

On 12/8/2021 at 11:32 PM, miliuco said:

Thank you very much for your suggestion, however it was the first thing I tried.
I tried using the program to convert the above image, but it comes up with an error and does not convert the png to icns. 

I even tried with the official OpenCore software, and even though it generates the icns correctly it doesn't show it in picker.
Is it possible that it does not work for images larger than 4k?

Captura de pantalla 2021-12-12 a las 9.59.57.png

Hello guys,

Here is my extended theme with additional icons for Linux distros. I'd like to name it GoldenGate Extended cause I am updating original theme from Opencore developers.

Screenshot.thumb.png.04469b0e960fc425cc32ca81079caa29.png

Supported Operating systems:

MAcOS:
 **Apple10_12** - MacOS Sierra
 **Apple10_13** - MacOS High Sierra
 **Apple10_14** - MacOS Mojave
 **Apple10_15** - MacOS Catalina
 **Apple11** - MacOS BigSur
 **Apple12** - MacOS Monterey

Linux:
**Linux** - Base icon for Linux (`Linux.icns`)
**Arch:Linux** - Arch Linux (`Arch.icns`, etc.)
**CentOS:Linux** - CentOS
**Debian:Linux** - Debian
**Deepin:Linux** - Deepin
**elementaryOS:Linux** - elementary OS
**Endless:Linux** - Endless OS
**EndeavourOS:Linux** - Endeavour OS
**Gentoo:Linux** - Gentoo Linux
**Fedora:Linux** - Fedora
**KDEneon:Linux** - KDE neon
**Kali:Linux** - Kali Linux
**MX:Linux** - MX Linux
**Mageia:Linux** - Mageia (fork of former Mandriva)
**Manjaro:Linux** - Manjaro
**Mint:Linux** - Linux Mint
**openSUSE:Linux** - openSUSE
**PopOS:Linux** - Pop!_OS
**RHEL:Linux** - Red Hat Enterprise Linux
**Rocky:Linux** - Rocky Linux
**Solus:Linux** - Solus
**Ubuntu:Linux** - Ubuntu
**Kubuntu:Linux** - Kubuntu
**Lubuntu:Ubuntu:Linux** - Lubuntu (`Lubuntu.icns`, etc.)
**UbuntuMATE:Ubuntu:Linux** - Ubuntu MATE
**UbuntuDDE:Linux** - UbuntuDDE
**UbuntuCinnamon:Linux** - UbuntuCinnamon
**UbuntuKylin:Linux** - Ubuntu
**Void:Linux** - Void Linux
**Xubuntu:Ubuntu:Linux** - Xubuntu
**Zorin:Linux** - Zorin OS

Windows
 **Windows** - Any Windows

Other
 **Other** - unknown OS

Download here

Creddits to:

Acidanthera Team

Opencore Legacy Patcher team for the extended theme idea.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, eugene28 said:

Hello guys,

Here is my extended theme with additional icons for Linux distros. I'd like to name it GoldenGate Extended cause I am updating original theme from Opencore developers.

Screenshot.thumb.png.04469b0e960fc425cc32ca81079caa29.png

Download here

Creddits to:

Acidanthera Team

Opencore Legacy Patcher team for the extended theme idea.

Very good.

But why do you post the file on Mediafire ???

On 12/8/2021 at 5:38 PM, atomizasser said:

Hello.
I am trying to create a theme that suits my 4K monitor well. I don't want to use it in UIScale 2, because everything looks so big.
My main problem is with the background. If I put it in 3820x2160 resolution, in UISacle 1, it doesn't fit the entire screen. I have created a Background at a resolution of 7640x 4320, but then it does not load.
Does anyone know how to adapt a background to 4K resolution without using UIScale 2?

Attached the background in inns format and png. (seems black, but it is not black is flat color hex: #0A0A0B
Thanks.

On github page its clearly states what resolutions are supported.

All Background.png size for OC 0.6.6 and Higher

• Create image Background 5120x2880 in 144 pixels ➤ this is for 2560x1440 screen
  • Create image Background 3840x2400 in 144 pixels ➤ this is for 1920x1200 screen
  • Create image Background 3360x2100 in 144 pixels ➤ this is for 1680x1050 screen
  • Create image Background 3200x2400 in 144 pixels ➤ this is for 1600x1200 screen
  • Create image Background 3200x1800 in 144 pixels ➤ this is for 1600x900 screen
  • Create image Background 2880x2160 in 144 pixels ➤ this is for 1440x1080 screen
  • Create image Background 3840x2160 in 144 pixels ➤ this is for 1920x1080 screen
  • Create image Background 2880x1800 in 144 pixels ➤ this is for 1440x900 screen
  • Create image Background 2732x1536 in 144 pixels ➤ this is for 1366x768 screen
  • Create image Background 2560x1920 in 144 pixels ➤ this is for 1280x960 screen
  • Create image Background 2560x1600 in 144 pixels ➤ this is for 1220x800 screen
  • Create image Background 2048x1536 in 144 pixels ➤ this is for 1024x768 screen

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, kaoskinkae said:

It is possible that OpenCanopy.efi in later versions will use the same method that Monterey uses to represent users with animated icons and movement as they use keyboard or mouse such as being asleep or bored

I don't think so. As far as I have read, there isn't such implementation for the future.

Saludos!!!

• Like 1

Merry Christmas to everyone :)

I've added BsxSet4Revisted OpenCanopy theme to my repo which follows OpenCore's flavour system. It's based on the icon style from Set4 where the light comes from the top right producing a deep shadow (well deep enough to fit within the icon frame while trying to keep the icon a decent size).  The icons are on a transparent background so can be used on other backgrounds.

preview_ui.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Hey all, need a little help!

I'm updating from 0.6.5 to 0.7.6 and took a long time but have it booting fine now. However OpenCanopy and GUI themes won't work. In the log file I get:

OC: Driver OpenCanopy.efi at 2 () is skipped!

and I can't figure out why. I've removed all customisations, redownloaded the files and double checked all settings. Anyone else have this problem?

I have:

• Misc -> Boot -> PickerMode: External
  • Misc -> Boot -> PickerAttributes: 17
  • Misc -> Boot -> PickerVariant: Acidanthera\GoldenGate

and I have the most recent Resources in place and the correct version of OpenCanopy.efi. My screen is 5120x1440 by the way, this worked fine in 0.6.5 so I don't think it's the problem.

@kevpatts

Please complete your signature, so we know the hardware you are using and is easier to help you.

OpenCanopy driver must be from the same OpenCore package, same version. Do you have Enabled=true in OpenCanopy properties (Arguments, Comment, Enabled and Path)?

• Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 3:47 PM, blackosx said:

Merry Christmas to everyone :)

I've added BsxSet4Revisted OpenCanopy theme to my repo which follows OpenCore's flavour system. It's based on the icon style from Set4 where the light comes from the top right producing a deep shadow (well deep enough to fit within the icon frame while trying to keep the icon a decent size).  The icons are on a transparent background so can be used on other backgrounds.

preview_ui.jpg

I love this theme and I hope to use it going forward, BUT, is there any chance of a background image that'll stretch across a 5120x1440 monitor?

7 hours ago, kevpatts said:

I love this theme and I hope to use it going forward, BUT, is there any chance of a background image that'll stretch across a 5120x1440 monitor?

Hey @kevpatts

What do you currently see when using the supplied background image? Can you take a screenshot? You will need CrScreenshotDxe.efi in \EFI\OC\Drivers then can press F10 in the UI to save an image to the root of your EFI System Partition.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 9:38 AM, atomizasser said:

Hello.
I am trying to create a theme that suits my 4K monitor well. I don't want to use it in UIScale 2, because everything looks so big.
My main problem is with the background. If I put it in 3820x2160 resolution, in UISacle 1, it doesn't fit the entire screen. I have created a Background at a resolution of 7640x 4320, but then it does not load.
Does anyone know how to adapt a background to 4K resolution without using UIScale 2?

Attached the background in inns format and png. (seems black, but it is not black is flat color hex: #0A0A0B
Thanks.

1.png

background.icns 8.13 kB · 9 downloads

-Create two seperate *.png files. One for 7680x4320, 144Pixel and 3840x2160, 144Pixel

-Convert to Background.icns using icnspack script included in Opencore Package inside Utilities folder.

Resize using Preview.app works for me well.

Try this

Background.icns

Edited by FirstTimeCustomac
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, pananning said:

Hello, I would like to ask, what is .contentDetails file, how should I create it, and what is its content?

Within macOS, you can create the file with the Terminal command 

touch .contentDetails

or

sudo touch .contentDetails (if the working folder is a system folder and it needs administrator privileges).

Yo can edit the file with the Terminal command

pico .contentDetails

or

sudo pico .contentDetails (if the working folder is a system folder and it needs administrator privileges).

The file is a text file containing only the name of the macOS volume. It must be located at /System/Volumes/Preboot/UUID-number/System/Library/CoreServices where UUID-number is the UUID of the APFS volume group where Preboot volume is located, you can do "diskutil list" and "diskutil info diskx" where diskx is the APFS Container Scheme.

6 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Within macOS, you can create the file with the Terminal command 

touch .contentDetails

or

sudo touch .contentDetails (if the working folder is a system folder and it needs administrator privileges).

Yo can edit the file with the Terminal command

pico .contentDetails

or

sudo pico .contentDetails (if the working folder is a system folder and it needs administrator privileges).

The file is a text file containing only the name of the macOS volume. It must be located at /System/Volumes/Preboot/UUID-number/System/Library/CoreServices where UUID-number is the UUID of the APFS volume group where Preboot volume is located, you can do "diskutil list" and "diskutil info diskx" where diskx is the APFS Container Scheme.

Thank you for your answer!