OpenCanopy Icons

blackosx
1,484 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Flavours-Blue will be upload to Github tomorow night when all Linux icon will be completed

it's a jewelry theme:wink_anim:

16031828.png

Chris very sweet..

I borrowed your Flavours Icon set... what should the Picker value be?  17, 145, ?

3 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@makk

PickerAtributes: 17 for OnLight themes and PickerAtributes: 145 for Flavours-Collors themes (as per @chris1111 GitHub).

Set 145.

thanks very @miliuco so for any Flavors Iconsets set to 145.

Do you know how to do disklabels?  ie., Like this:

Big Sur 11.7.1

Windows 11 Pro ..etc,.

• Like 1

@makk

If there is a custom Windows entry, OpenCore reads the label from the Comment property of the custom entry.

If Windows is automatically detected, label is the Windows partition name (change it on Windows).

OpenCore entries get label from .disk_label file if it exists, otherwise it tries .contentDetails and, if this doesn't exist, it tries .disk_label.contentDetails.

• config.plist: change csr-active-config to 6F020000 (having csr-active-config also in NVRAM >> Delete >> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82)
  • reboot
  • mount Preboot volume from Terminal (I'm not sure if that this is required, I see Preboot volume without mounting it but other users have had to mount that volume)
  • edit /System/Volumes/Preboot/UUID-number/System/Library/CoreServices/.contentDetails and /System/Volumes/Preboot/UUID-number/System/Library/CoreServices/.disk_label.contentDetails
  • change the volume name to anything else
  • reboot.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@makk

If there is a custom Windows entry, OpenCore reads the label from the Comment property of the custom entry.

If Windows is automatically detected, label is the Windows partition name (change it on Windows).

OpenCore entries get label from .disk_label file if it exists, otherwise it tries .contentDetails and, if this doesn't exist, it tries .disk_label.contentDetails.

• config.plist: change csr-active-config to 6F020000 (having csr-active-config also in NVRAM >> Delete >> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82)
  • reboot
  • mount Preboot volume from Terminal (I'm not sure if that this is required, I see Preboot volume without mounting it but other users have had to mount that volume)
  • edit /System/Volumes/Preboot/UUID-number/System/Library/CoreServices/.contentDetails and /System/Volumes/Preboot/UUID-number/System/Library/CoreServices/.disk_label.contentDetails
  • reboot.

@miliuco

Oh, this is great news. I'll give it a tryout.

Best news for this I've heard so far.  I slightly vaguely recall about OC finding this. 

• Like 1

I made a small correction on Flavours-Design, Flavours-Border and Flavours-MacSystem theme

attaching here the correct files

Flavours-Design.zip

Flavours-Border.zip

Flavours-MacSystem.zip

16200414.png

16204432.png

16201349.png

later tonight I will upload Flavours-Blue when is finish

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, miliuco said:

@makk

• reboot
  • reboot.

@miliuco 

1) It would seem that doing this in Recovery mode would seem to work, but the problem we run into is command line  without Images viewable graphics. {{ Windowed EnvironMent }}

Is there a sure fire way detailed enough?  

You mentioned >> "{{ mount Preboot volume from Terminal (I'm not sure if that this is required,)" << is required but need to know how with APFS }}

Without it, the 'Mount' in Diskutil works to a point and will not mount the entire to edit in the needed directory to work with.

Mounting Preboot fully is the portion I need to know how to do. I read up on this before and actually someone had simplified it to a method
but I don't have that information any longer. It worked well, but I had no need at the time.

2) I had once messed with Custom Entry but the icon ended up on the right side instead of in the position I wished.

So this comes to be another blind spot.  {{ How to place an icon to where you specify. position from left to right. }}

Lastly great thanks! Smiles:)

Question regarding Color in Labels in the Boot Screen Icons.

White seems to be the only color here. How about the full color spectrum?

I don't see in OpenCore where to change the color to black or purple, etc.,.  

How to do this simply speaking?

Thanks 

49 minutes ago, makk said:

Question regarding Color in Labels in the Boot Screen Icons.

White seems to be the only color here. How about the full color spectrum?

I don't see in OpenCore where to change the color to black or purple, etc.,.  

How to do this simply speaking?

Thanks 

there is no color other than white