[Pre-Release] macOS Catalina 10.15.5

gengik84

129 posts in this topic

Darn.. Trying to install 10.15.5 Beta 2, but installer boot volume doesn't show in clover!  I'm able to download beta2 using developer profile, after I click install, it reboots, but upon rebooting, no option for macos install ... Using clover 5112, iMac17,1.  Any ideas? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oliveryuan said:

Can we please fix all the MacBook sleep issues and external monitor problems! I've never seen a release go this far with so many major bugs unresolved.

Not sure Apple check here for bug reports!

3 hours ago, dehjomz said:

Darn.. Trying to install 10.15.5 Beta 2, but installer boot volume doesn't show in clover!  I'm able to download beta2 using developer profile, after I click install, it reboots, but upon rebooting, no option for macos install ... Using clover 5112, iMac17,1.  Any ideas? 

10.15.5 Beta (19F62f) installed ok with the hardware in my Signature, can you perhaps try the initial download again?

4 hours ago, dehjomz said:

I had the same problem a few minutes ago when updating to Catalina 10.15.5 DP2.

I have Gigabyte GA-370M board.
I still use Clover 5103, because from 5105 to 5112 currently, my customized icons in the topic are not visible with the newer versions.

Since the F11 key (NVRAM reset) had no effect, I deleted the date nvram.plist in the root directory of the partition where

the Clover boot loader is installed.

Also by pressing F3 in the Clover menu where all partitions are shown, the "boot macOS from Catalina XXXX-Data" was not visible.

This nvram.plist will be rebuilt the next time you restart.

Then the installation partition "boot macOS from Catalina xxxxx-Data" was visible in the Clover boot menu and I was able to

successfully carry out the 2nd phase of the update.

Edited by AlfredoM
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

10.15.5 Beta (19F62f) installed ok with the hardware in my Signature, can you perhaps try the initial download again?

I’ve been having variations of this problem since 10.15.4 betas. I was trying to update to 10.15.5 beta2 from the 10.15.4 supplemental update. The GUI refused to work. got it to work using

sudo softwareupdate --restart --dump-state -i -a

But then installer stops at the end and states it cannot rebuild kextcache.  Without a new kextcache the kexts don’t load and I can’t boot. I’ve been having this exact problem on every single last beta since 10.15.4 beta2 or newer. 

any ideas? Using iMac17,1, same config.plist since Sierra. 

Edited by dehjomz

4 minutes ago, AlfredoM said:

I still use Clover 5103, because from 5105 to 5112 currently, my customized icons in the topic are not visible with the newer versions.

Since the F11 key (NVRAM reset) had no effect, I deleted the date nvram.plist in the root directory of the partition where

Also by pressing F3 in the Clover menu where all partitions are shown, the "boot macOS from Catalina XXXX-Data" was not visible.

Then the installation partition "boot macOS from Catalina xxxxx-Data" was visible in the Clover boot menu and I was able to

Thanks! I will gave this option a try. If the culprit is indeed NVRAM, then might EmuVariableUEFI.efi need an update? 

21 minutes ago, dehjomz said:

I’ve been having variations of this problem since 10.15.4 betas. I was trying to update to beta2 from the 10.15.4 supplemental update. The GUI refused to work. got it to work using

sudo softwareupdate --restart --dump-state -i -a

But then installer stops at the end and states it cannot rebuild kextcache.  Without a new kextcache the kexts don’t load and I can’t boot. I’ve been having this exact problem on every single last beta since 10.15.4 beta2 or newer. 

any ideas? Using iMac17,1, same config.plist since Sierra. 

What you write about the update with catalina 10.15.4 is another problem, it has nothing to do with what you wrote before for the

Cazalina 10.15.5 update with the installation partition "boot from macOS XXX-Data" not appearing.
Do what I wrote above in your Catalina 10.15.5 DP1 to update to DP2 and you will see it works.

14 minutes ago, dehjomz said:

Thanks! I will gave this option a try. If the culprit is indeed NVRAM, then might EmuVariableUEFI.efi need an update? 

I still do not boot with UEFI with Legacy and my clover is in the root directory of the 1st partition not in an ESP.

Edited by AlfredoM
  • Like 1

So running Chris's script updates the system the script is running on? Or does it download it so you can save the installer to use on other machine?

Rather not touch my stable system with a version update if I don't have to..

Thanks

3 hours ago, AlfredoM said:

I don't get the Data option. I always get three macOS-related options: boot from Preboot, boot from Recovery, and boot from MacHD. I believe, the last one is the equivalent of your 'XXX-Data' but for me it just boots macOS, it doesn't finish update.

3 hours ago, AlfredoM said:

What you write about the update with catalina 10.15.4 is another problem, it has nothing to do with what you wrote before for the

Cazalina 10.15.5 update with the installation partition "boot from macOS XXX-Data" not appearing.
Do what I wrote above in your Catalina 10.15.5 DP1 to update to DP2 and you will see it works.

Doesn’t work. Still no installer partition. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dehjomz said:

Doesn’t work. Still no installer partition. 

Then you must have another problem if nvram.plist or NVRAM cannot be deleted and the "boot macOS from xxx -Data" does not appear even

with key F3 in the Clover menu 5103 or higher. Then unfortunately I don't have any more advice.

Hello friends

Can someone help me install Catalina 10.15 with an MSI Megabook CX640 (MS-16Y1) Laptop with Sandybridge Intel 2630um processor and Intel HD3000 graphics?

Mojave 10.14.6 runs perfectly on this laptop. So I'm surprised that Catalina simply won't boot even with the USB boot stick created by dosdude1.

I see problems with ACPI with the -v option. But no problems with Mojave.

Maybe someone has a similar laptop with Sandybridge and Intel HD3000 running Catalina.

Maybe someone could send me his clover.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by AlfredoM

• 2 weeks later...