[Pre-Release] macOS Catalina 10.15.5

gengik84

129 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, luki1979 said:

^^ Z370 is almost like a real Mac, if that's not ok than we all screwed. :) 

Z68 :P Clover 5108 no acidanthera kext used

1727713625_Schermata2020-03-31alle23_34_19.png.70824e9366b5ce8c83d99298263bddec.png

Edited by iCanaro
  • Like 2

Darn.. I wanted to install it but installer boot volume doesn't show in clover after first reboot... not even after hitting F3... I wonder if there's something wrong with my EFI partition.... any ideas? 

Cheers,

D.

23 hours ago, Dragster27 said:

Yep, gonna try it in a few mins... we'll see if it does any difference with my sleep/wake problem that appeared after updating to 10.15.4... thanks for the heads up

Quoting myself.. I was able to solve the issue. it turned out to be nvram problem... I ran this command to check what was going on:

sudo softwareupdate --dump-state -i -a

Then a tail to see the updates in the install log:

tail -f /var/log/install.log

So I just cleared the nvram vars hitting F11 in clover, booted.. ran the update and it all went through ok... I'll check now if my sleep/wakeup problem has had any change with this update...

Cheers,

D.

Well ultimately, all my updates gave me issues now is an error as you can see in the images below... and today as you can see in the last picture appears 3 lines of text for the first time... can anyone tell what is the issue?

Thanks in Advance

IMG_1724.HEIC

IMG_2974.HEIC

IMG_3102.HEIC

5 hours ago, chatelp said:

Hey man @Dragster27, waiting for your feedback on sleep issues :) I'll update to the new beta if you had any luck with it.

Hi there mate. Yeah, 'been testing sleep/wake after updating to 10.15.5 Beta 1... sleep/wake issues remain... 

• Sad 1

1706394646_ScreenShot2020-04-02at7_21_35PM.png.db9078c7af27af6355433d01f725c43a.png

Update went well everything working except sleep. Im overclocked on my X79 and hope to get my 8 core Xeon E5-1680 v2. 

My clock speed is not being read correctly and either is my RAM speed so if anyone has a fix say so? NVME as my boot drive seems to work better than my SATA SSD because updates would fail unless I unplugged my other drive and I have lots of them but this isn't the case with Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVME.   

Update fine to 10.15.5 dev Beta 1: finder very slow with spinning wheel, at startup before display disks on desktop

Sleep/Wake issues remain on my Z390 Aorus Master DDR4 3000Mhz (XMP):

• Clover: force ejection USB drive at sleep (but mount few second after wake)
  • Opencore 0.5.7: force ejection USB drive at sleep, unmount at wake.

1.png

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1