Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Ok. It's a "work in progress" config.plist. Thanks to take a look, please. Tell me what is the reason of this message: OCS:  failed to parse key field of type 0

config.plist

Looking at it briefly, the only thing I found was @pickermode. You have it as External but if you're using NDK fork ( as your ACPI quirks confirms ) that pickermode should be "builtin" and not external. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 22.44.07.png

Edited by Ellybz
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ellybz said:

Looking at it briefly, the only thing I found was @pickermode. You have it as External but if you're using NDK fork ( as your ACPI quirks confirms ) that pickermode should be "builtin" and not external. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 22.44.07.png

I've the same issue despite of the correction: OCS:  failed to parse key field of type 0.

config.plist

SOLVED: "integer" instead of "boolean" on one key in config.plist :)

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @btwise @Ellybz

Actually, I use ScanPolicy=0 but I want to exclude ESP, keep all disks (internal, external, USB) on my system (Catalina+Windows on separate hard disk).

I try several values without success. Do you know the right one! Please.

You can use: 2689795 /// 0x290B03

All disks except ESP.

Edited by Ellybz
  • Thanks 1

@ndk

When I started the MACOS system last time, after the next restart, the contents of the GUI icon display are wrong. Only when I move the cursor back and forth, it can be displayed normally. Similarly, when I started the last time is WIN10, after the next startup, the GUI icon The display of the first item becomes a hidden item, and it will display normally after the cursor is moved. Is this a bug?

1.png

2.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cpla said:

Yeah can confirm it happens to me too since the local hard drive will show as 'catalina installer' until i move it back and forth for it to update too, never noticed it happening until today. 

New commit may fix it...please recompile, I think this only affect the one with hidden entry in front of the default entry.

Edited by n.d.k
  • Like 1

Hi 

I can't compile because the issue below: what is the solution! (Xcode 11.3.1)

Spoiler

Loading previous configuration from /Users/mathieu/Desktop/NDK_OC_056-93723b7_16_02_2020/OpenCorePkg/edk2/Conf/BuildEnv.sh

WORKSPACE: /Users/mathieu/Desktop/NDK_OC_056-93723b7_16_02_2020/OpenCorePkg/edk2

EDK_TOOLS_PATH: /Users/mathieu/Desktop/NDK_OC_056-93723b7_16_02_2020/OpenCorePkg/edk2/BaseTools

CONF_PATH: /Users/mathieu/Desktop/NDK_OC_056-93723b7_16_02_2020/OpenCorePkg/edk2/Conf

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C Source/C

Attempting to detect HOST_ARCH from 'uname -m': x86_64

Detected HOST_ARCH of X64 using uname.

mkdir -p .

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C Common

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX1014.sdk/usr/include/stdint.h', needed by `BasePeCoff.o'.  Stop.

make[1]: *** [Common] Error 2

make: *** [Source/C] Error 2

Edited by Matgen84

9 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi 

I can't compile because the issue below: what is the solution! (Xcode 11.3.1)

Hide contents

Loading previous configuration from /Users/mathieu/Desktop/NDK_OC_056-93723b7_16_02_2020/OpenCorePkg/edk2/Conf/BuildEnv.sh

WORKSPACE: /Users/mathieu/Desktop/NDK_OC_056-93723b7_16_02_2020/OpenCorePkg/edk2

EDK_TOOLS_PATH: /Users/mathieu/Desktop/NDK_OC_056-93723b7_16_02_2020/OpenCorePkg/edk2/BaseTools

CONF_PATH: /Users/mathieu/Desktop/NDK_OC_056-93723b7_16_02_2020/OpenCorePkg/edk2/Conf

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C Source/C

Attempting to detect HOST_ARCH from 'uname -m': x86_64

Detected HOST_ARCH of X64 using uname.

mkdir -p .

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C Common

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX1014.sdk/usr/include/stdint.h', needed by `BasePeCoff.o'.  Stop.

make[1]: *** [Common] Error 2

make: *** [Source/C] Error 2

remove the folder and do a fresh one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, n.d.k said:

New commit may fix it...please recompile, I think this only affect the one with hidden entry in front of the default entry.

The same is true for returning a GUI from shell state, where the hidden entry description appears on the screen and does not correspond to the icon, which works when refreshed!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, n.d.k said:

After recompiling, it is much better, but if I set a auxiliary entry in the custom entry, after pressing the space bar, the auxiliary entry is sort by first. If I press the space bar again to automatically hide the entry, the auxiliary entry content will still be displayed under the first icon incorrectly!

Edited by btwise
  • Thanks 1

Least artifacting i've seen was from Matgen's icons, not sure why square icons have less jagged edges but i think refind/clover do some smoothing/or maybe it's due to alpha not too sure.

Edited by cpla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well maybe i'm going to make a few more try,

anyway it does'nt really matter, was just a test to the ndkbootpicker on OC,

but i'll probably return to plain text 

what's really important is the bootloader working as it should...

36 minutes ago, cpla said:

Least artifacting i've seen was from Matgen's icons, not sure why square icons have less jagged edges but i think refind/clover do some smoothing/or maybe it's due to alpha not too sure.

Yes, the serrated edges are there anyway, it could be a render problem, N.D.K should do some optimizations!

1 hour ago, LAbyOne said:

Hello there,

has anyone found yet a solution to reduce icons artifacts ?

tried all possible combinations but still looks ugly...

as you can see...

51841738_screenOC.thumb.png.f45c95e0c030e4fc29e3fbaf4a349bd6.png

the same for my clover boot are something else...

1844607195_screenC.thumb.png.7788b06448f1b474df34538ece4e80db.png

any hints?

Here's the hint, don't sit too close to your monitor...:). if you see the artifact, you're too close...  If i know how to get rid of it i would...but it's beyond my knowledge for now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

Here's the hint, don't sit too close to your monitor...:). if you see the artifact, you're too close...  If i know how to get rid of it i would...but it's beyond my knowledge for now.

Is a fine keyline around the edge of the icons, will be a solution. It's beyond my knowledge too :)

• Like 1

could you post original icons files?

jaggies could be an aliasing problem maybe clover and n.d.k's  opencore release treat in a different way icons background keying color

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

could you post original icons files?

jaggies could be an aliasing problem maybe clover and n.d.k's  opencore release treat in a different way icons background keying color

I post my icons (Clover) which do not pass on n.d.k's OpenCore. 

icons.zip

• Like 1

I think all icons will show it, here's his example screenshot with it https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2020_02/ScreenShot-2020-02-15-083049.png.2621444d6b853ba5fa9bd0f6d3f7fc94.png

Which is sort of the same as the above, it's just like a small white jagged circle behind the icons which makes it feel off, guess darker icons will show it even better, it's like there's a white shadow around the icons i guess, dunno why it's happening or why it ends up creating that effect.

And yeah it's pretty tough @n.d.k, been looking through refind but haven't seen anything too obvious yet other than maybe lodepng.h/.c with a function and mention of "support for alpha channels, including RGBA color model, translucent palettes and color keying"

Edited by cpla