Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

Don't use icons with checkerboard like that, use the one this579526599_ScreenShot2020-02-14at10_30_42PM.thumb.png.2f1c114baed9551c253f1a4350893292.png

os_cata.icns

The icon itself is square, with a circular pattern in the middle, and there will be space around it. If this part of the space cannot be transparent, it can only be filled with the same color as the background to display the full circle effect.

This question is not important, what is important is how to add a background image!

image.thumb.png.b00665e933d3c3494b56f9f7e8f31dd8.png

15 minutes ago, btwise said:

The icon itself is square, with a circular pattern in the middle, and there will be space around it. If this part of the space cannot be transparent, it can only be filled with the same color as the background to display the full circle effect.

This question is not important, what is important is how to add a background image!

image.thumb.png.b00665e933d3c3494b56f9f7e8f31dd8.png

You don't have to fill any color around the circle, just use the icons attached, you will see it auto filled with background color, or background image around the circle. I don't know why the background image doesn't load for you, I tried several png image background and all of them are loaded just fine. The screenshots above were taken by F10. So it's clearly worked fine on my computer.

12 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

You don't have to fill any color around the circle, just use the icons attached, you will see it auto filled with background color, or background image around the circle. I don't know why the background image doesn't load for you, I tried several png image background and all of them are loaded just fine. The screenshots above were taken by F10. So it's clearly worked fine on my computer.

if (mBackgroundImage != NULL && (mBackgroundImage->Width != mScreenWidth || mBackgroundImage->Height != mScreenHeight)) {
    FreeImage(mBackgroundImage);
    mBackgroundImage = NULL;
  }

I wonder if this judgment is too accurate. Can this judgment be removed? Does the resolution of the picture have to match the screen exactly to load the image?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, btwise said:

if (mBackgroundImage != NULL && (mBackgroundImage->Width != mScreenWidth || mBackgroundImage->Height != mScreenHeight)) {
    FreeImage(mBackgroundImage);
    mBackgroundImage = NULL;
  }

I wonder if this judgment is too accurate. Can this judgment be removed? Does the resolution of the picture have to match the screen exactly to load the image?

Since I still need time to optimize everything, such as resize if it doesn't match, for now you just have to resize it yourself...use preview editor to size, easy enough.  This is not just some application, everything is rendered pixel by pixel on the screen, if the image doesn't match, it will render half screen or will cause error when try to render outside of the screen area. 

Edited by n.d.k
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

Since I still need time to optimize everything, such as resize if it doesn't match, for now you just have to resize it yourself...use preview editor to size, easy enough.  This is not just some application, everything is rendered pixel by pixel on the screen, if the image doesn't match, it will render half screen or will cause error when try to render outside of the screen area. 

Yes, after testing, it is really a problem of judgment. The background image resolution must be completely equal to the screen size before it can be loaded. I think this part of the code should be modified to automatically determine the screen resolution and allow the background image to adapt automatically.

There is also a problem, when pressing the space bar, the version number in the lower right corner cannot be displayed, but this part can be seen in the code!

The icon background must be filled. If you change the background, the extra colors cannot be blended into the background.

ScreenShot-2020-02-15-053803.png

@btwise 

Did you have Misc->Security->ExposeSensitiveData = 6 for the OC version to show up?

I already said Icon background don't need to filled, it will be replaced with background image pixel behind it.  Use the unmodified icons. Look here screenshot posted by @Ellybz

ScreenShot-2020-02-15-044413.png

Edited by n.d.k

24 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @n.d.k and All

How to correctly update local source before compiling between each commits? I don't know if remove Build and Binaries directory before launch script, is correct!

Please, let know.

git pull

./ndk-macbuild.tool

will do..

normally you don't need to remove Build folder, if you have problem starting up with new compile, then remove the Build folder.

• Thanks 1

@n.d.k

I use Icon Background transparent as I understand you says: but there is a problem of resolution on my 1920x1080 monitor (circle is pixelisaded), suddenly icons are too big or bad (the same are correct on Clover). I think.

ScreenShot-2020-02-15-083049.png

Edited by Matgen84

Yeah i think the issue is the size, i copied one from a clover theme too and have that same jagged edges look on the icons.

Maybe clover has something to smooth it out or something dunno, what's that background from by the way?

Thanks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, n.d.k said:

@btwise 

Did you have Misc->Security->ExposeSensitiveData = 6 for the OC version to show up?

I already said Icon background don't need to filled, it will be replaced with background image pixel behind it.  Use the unmodified icons. Look here screenshot posted by @Ellybz

ScreenShot-2020-02-15-044413.png

Yes, it ’s because I do n’t have the right way to guide the icon. I lost the transparent layer. Now everything is perfect. It ’s even better if the way to select the icon is replaced by a small arrow!

ScreenShot-2020-02-15-101934.png

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, btwise said:

Yes, it ’s because I do n’t have the right way to guide the icon. I lost the transparent layer. Now everything is perfect. It ’s even better if the way to select the icon is replaced by a small arrow!

What is the right way to guide the icon: I want to import and customize my Clover's icons. No success at the moment.

Please.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

What is the right way to guide the icon: I want to import and customize my Clover's icons. No success at the moment.

Please.

It is recommended to use Photoshop to modify, change the picture size to 128x128 pixels, remove the icon background, and export to a png format file. You must check the Keep transparent option!

• Thanks 1

Also found this python script to convert from a png file to icon https://retifrav.github.io/blog/2018/10/09/macos-convert-png-to-icns/ but the edges still don't look 100% perfect but i guess that's due to lack of vectorization code or something dunno since they look nice in preview. Just run the .py with the image and name argument and then go into the .icns folder and pick the 128x128 size file. 

And yeah great work @n.d.k, starting to look really nice :)

Edited by cpla
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, cpla said:

Also found this python script to convert from a png file to icon https://retifrav.github.io/blog/2018/10/09/macos-convert-png-to-icns/ but the edges still don't look 100% perfect but i guess that's due to lack of vectorization code or something dunno since they look nice in preview. Just run the .py with the image and name argument and then go into the .icns folder and pick the 128x128 size file. 

And yeah great work @n.d.k, starting to look really nice :)

It doesn't have to be that complicated. Simply rename the PNG file as ICNS

• Like 2

3 hours ago, btwise said:

It is recommended to use Photoshop to modify, change the picture size to 128x128 pixels, remove the icon background, and export to a png format file. You must check the Keep transparent option!

Transparency issue is solved, not icons circle pixilation: the same icons are smooth and clean on Clover, not in NDK GUI.

(Great job @n.d.k)

Here's my latest compiled EFI ( with Icons ) if anyone is interested. Background.png need to be resized to your monitor to be 100% functional. ( Preview/Tools/Adjust Size )

Current is 2560x1080.  I use combination of Photoshop & Iconfly to create my Icons.

Ex: os_custom.icns for NVRAM reset. Readjust if you use EFI tool or function in config.plist for NVRAM reset . Have a nice week-end to all. Kudos again to @n.d.k for his outstanding work.

ScreenShot-2020-02-18-183753.thumb.png.bfae429eddf87e94b404414b13924f90.png

Icons.zip

Edited by Ellybz
New Upload of EFI
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Ellybz said:

Here's my latest compiled EFI ( with Icons ) if anyone is interested. Background.png need to be resized to your monitor to be 100% functional. ( Preview/Tools/Adjust Size )

Current is 2560x1080.  I use combination of Photoshop & Iconfly to create my Icons.

Ex: os_custom.icns for NVRAM reset. Readjust if you use EFI tool or function in config.plist for NVRAM reset . Have a nice week-end to all. Kudos again to @n.d.k for his outstanding work.ScreenShot-2020-02-15-202647.thumb.png.8e16ef4542201ce3b3cc1b170f5ff5a1.png

e

EFI.zip's link is corrupt I can't download 

and merge this nice background to n-d-k source

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ellybz said:

Ex: os_custom.icns for NVRAM reset. Readjust if you use EFI tool or function in config.plist for NVRAM reset . Have a nice week-end to all. Kudos again to @n.d.k for his outstanding work.ScreenShot-2020-02-15-202647.thumb.png.8e16ef4542201ce3b3cc1b170f5ff5a1.png

EFI.zip

That is Awesome bro, so sleek looking well done. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1