Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

haha that last time I asked them If that could be done I got told off by one of them for even suggesting it and now it’s an option...that’s nice :hysterical:

well at least it’s done now. Hells bells

Misc->Entries->Item 0->Hidden  will be replaced with Misc->Entries->Item 0->Auxiliary. So update your config.plist to reflect the change

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, n.d.k said:

Misc->Entries->Item 0->Hidden  will be replaced with Misc->Entries->Item 0->Auxiliary. So update your config.plist to reflect the change

Ok great thank :thumbsup_anim:

my post got removed that you replied to and it wasn’t me that removed it....ops!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi @n.d.k

I've already the same issue to compile  local repo up to date :wacko:

Despite of:

git pull

./ndk-macbuild.tool

The files in X64 folder are keeping the previous compile date. So I'm not sure if is the right version :cry: How to do!

Fork of Clover's BadruZeus's Clover Theme with my two new icons (func reset nvram and tool shell), Aorus logo on background !

ScreenShot-2020-02-16-134503.png

• Like 2

Could you share your icons etc Matgen84? Cheers

Looks like the square icons are less distorted, i found it best to unzip the opencoreblahblah.zip in the binaries folder otherwise i was also getting out of date binaries on the x64 folder. 

11 minutes ago, cpla said:

Could you share your icons etc Matgen84? Cheers

Looks like the square icons are less distorted, i found it best to unzip the opencoreblahblah.zip in the binaries folder otherwise i was also getting out of date binaries on the x64 folder. 

Icons in attachement ^_^ Take a look at my square icons.

Problem: the opencoreblahblah.zip is also out of date, not only binaries on the x64 folder. Any ideas!

Icons.zip

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, btwise said:

@n.d.k

Can you add the function of getting GetEfiBootDevice in your fork, similar to the function implemented by nvram.c in clover, add it to the regular log!

getnvram.thumb.jpg.afc6e34a607bbcaf287d34197394db6d.jpg

Not sure what you meant "add it to the regular log" and neither OC or this fork are using efi-boot-device-data variable.

14 minutes ago, btwise said:

I mean whether you can add this variable to get the boot partition map path address

Ok, I think I know what you want..a function that can print the all the boot entries device path to a log, right?

What I'd actually love to see are these 2 things:

1- Verbose boot option: Selecting the entry on the picker and hitting "V" or a function key to load that entry with verbose. (Instead of the enter key)

That PollAppleHotKeys is still a hit or miss :hammer:

2- Dual boot Configuration option. If You only have 1 startup Disk and your config.plist gets corrupted, you can fall back on a backpconfig.plist or by starting it pressing a function key ( F2 ?) before the Picker shows.

Not sure if these are unrealistic or difficult to achieve. What do you think?

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, n.d.k said:

Ok, I think I know what you want..a function that can print the all the boot entries device path to a log, right?

That's exactly right!Write it to a log or use a shortcut key to extract it!This features is very useful!

There is also the ability to extract the original ACPI table, which is necessary!

These little features are great for the average user, but vit9696 they don't care. Not everyone is a tech whiz

1 hour ago, Ellybz said:

What I'd actually love to see are these 2 things:

1- Verbose boot option: Selecting the entry on the picker and hitting "V" or a function key to load that entry with verbose. (Instead of the enter key)

That PollAppleHotKeys is still a hit or miss :hammer:

2- Dual boot Configuration option. If You only have 1 startup Disk and your config.plist gets corrupted, you can fall back on a backpconfig.plist or by starting it pressing a function key ( F2 ?) before the Picker shows.

Not sure if these are unrealistic or difficult to achieve. What do you think?

Yes, this is another useful feature, in the GUI menu can be free to choose a different config file for debugging the system is very helpful, this is clover existing features,  hope ndk can join the fork OC

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

I am releasing the external GUI boot picker for the standard OC https://github.com/n-d-k/NdkBootPicker, Binary release are available as well, auto built by Travis ci server.  it won't work with this fork, so don't even try. 

Great :) But I prefer your fork.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, btwise said:

Very good, try it now!

58 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

I am releasing the external GUI boot picker for the standard OC https://github.com/n-d-k/NdkBootPicker, Binary release are available as well, auto built by Travis ci server.  it won't work with this fork, so don't even try. 

I've to add ndkBootPicker.efi to Drivers section in config.plist to work + PickerMode=External, Icons folder in EFI/OC of course. is It normal?

Works fine :)

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, meaganmargaret said:

NDK:

Perhaps this menu thing, that will make those other guys over on the other thread happy, but I too prefer your version of OC........and based on how they (from the "other" OC thread) behaved posting in this thread, I really don't want to use their stuff at all....

But this is not about them, don't get me wrong.  My system on your version of OC is secure and stable and I'm just fine with it the way it is.  Thank you for all your hard work!

NDK does a great job, but if we didn't have the "others" from original OC thread, we wouldn't have OpenCore at all.

Edited by darthsian
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, btwise said:

I mean whether you can add this variable to get the boot partition map path address

efi-boot-device-data is not used by literally anything but Clover, it's a communication variable for the Apple NVRAM stack. The default boot option is saved to Boot0080, which already is logged by OC (as well as Boot0081, Boot0082 and BootOrder)

16 hours ago, btwise said:

There is also the ability to extract the original ACPI table, which is necessary!

These little features are great for the average user, but vit9696 they don't care. Not everyone is a tech whiz

The point is there already are tools to accomplish this: https://acpica.org/downloads/uefi-support

There is no point for this to be in OC itself

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

efi-boot-device-data is not used by literally anything but Clover, it's a communication variable for the Apple NVRAM stack. The default boot option is saved to Boot0080, which already is logged by OC (as well as Boot0081, Boot0082 and BootOrder)

The point is there already are tools to accomplish this: https://acpica.org/downloads/uefi-support

There is no point for this to be in OC itself

When it comes to extracting the original ACPI table, you have to start the shell environment, isn't it tedious to run ACPIDUMP, and there can be unexpected problems, isn't it convenient to integrate in a shortcut key, not everyone who uses OC is a technologist!

For the average user, how convenient to get their own boot device path information?

Edited by btwise
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi All users

I've a little issue:

OCS:  failed to parse key field of type 0

Somebody knows how to solve it. Please.

Friend, Post your config.plist, It could be many things. ( relatively easy to solve )

Edited by Ellybz

14 hours ago, n.d.k said:

2nd Release i think is little faster 

but all tools is shown by default and hidden with spacebar i  think the better to reverse it (to be hidden by default ) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ellybz said:

Friend, Post your config.plist, It could be many things. ( relatively easy to solve )

Ok. It's a "work in progress" config.plist. Thanks to take a look, please. Tell me what is the reason of this message: OCS:  failed to parse key field of type 0

config.plist