AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,856 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

I am at macOS Monterey 12.2 and want to update to 12.4

I am updating OC 0.7.7 -> OC 0.8.1 using OCCat and I am getting the following warnings/errors!

How do I resolve them?

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 20.54.51.png

Upload your config without your personal details like serial etc. 

UPDATE:

For your information, you can update to OC v0.8.2. Try using OCAuxiliaryTools when updating OC, check the steps in the following screenshot:

1725244687_Screenshot2022-06-08at10_10_45AM.thumb.png.130a689cb0e159d863d42ee6a51e7666.png

You can review in detail the configuration of latest OC update: https://dortania.github.io/docs/latest/Configuration.html

For your particular issue, if you open your config.plist file with OCAuxiliaryTools and click on the save button (step 6 in the above screenshot), your issues - most likely - will be resolved.

If you read your errors, what OC is telling you is that your config is missing same entries. If you want to resolve those issues manually, you can do it with the following method:

1. Read carefully the error: "Missing key CustomPciSerialDevice, context <Quirks>"

2. Now you know that you are missing a Key named CustomPciSerialDevice that should be under <Quirks>, now search for CustomPciSerialDevice in Configuration (dortania.github.io)

image.thumb.png.eff08eb5f57644ce3a5b23a2c1e1ba9a.png

3. Now that you found what this key is for and what the failsafe value for it is, you can scroll up to see under what section it belongs, in that case it belongs under section "Kernel", in other words: Kernel -> Quirks -> CustomPciSerialDevice 

4.1 You can now apply the setting either in OCAuxiliaryTools like so:

949347177_Screenshot2022-06-08at10_23_46AM.thumb.png.49f11e4922f1dcb51c58607e62c6ee47.png

4.2 or directly in config.plist file like so:

image.png.50d25ca2270868c7359971113c185a8f.png

If you follow the same steps for the rest of your issues, you will resolve the error messages.

Once you done, reboot and always clear your NVRAM after OC update.

Beware, sometimes, the failsafe value may not be what you want, most of the times it is, but it depends on your build as well.

UPDATE2:

The "No schema for ..." means that the key isn't supported any more, for example the "No Schema for AllowNvramReset at..." means that "AllowNvramReset" key is no longer available (it was deprecated and then removed), you have to replace that functionality with an EFI, I'm using CleanNvram.efi which I attach here.

If you open your config.plist with OCAuxiliaryTools, then open your EFI folder with Finder and drop the CleanNvram.efi file under EFI/OC/Tools/ path, OCAuxiliaryTools will detect that you dropped an efi file and will automatically add the appropriate record in your config.plist, you can just press save and you're good to go, I suggest you to add CleanNvram.efi before rebooting so that you can clean your NVRAM after OC update.

Cheers!

CleanNvram.efi

Edited by panosru
  • Thanks 1

@unknownharris I'm glad it helped, one thing I forgot to mention is that if you want to upgrade to the latest development version of OC, you have to check it under here:

image.png.f674bfd4e0cf94853f6bade075e0705c.png

Have fun!

• Thanks 1

I've updated to OC 081 with no issues. From what I can tell only AllowNvramReset and AllowToggleSip have been removed from config.plist.

Since NVRAM reset seems to have been deprecated, I've added CleanNvram.efi to my Tools folder and added it to Misc>Tools in my config.plist.

Edited by pkdesign

Morning,

with latest nightly OC 0.8.2 , Ventura installed and running as usual. No EFI mods  !

5700XT requires Lilu 1.6.1/ WEG 1.6.0 latest nightly as well to get video on DP

Cheers

@eSaF you see, patience is worth it 😉

Edited by texem
  • Like 4

@texem, if you have a spare GPU that does not support Metal 3 (I think yours supports it), could you share any info about the behaviour of the OS and apps like FCPX, if they fallback to Metal 2 and what features (if any) are disabled when Metal 3 is not supported?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I while back I posted about having problems with my CMOS randomly resetting itself. Well, it turns out its not that random; I'm able to replicate the problem with he following steps:

1. I choose "Sleep" from the Apple menu.
  2. The computer sleeps, but a second later it powers up again, and is unresponsive. I try using the hotkeys to shutdown the system to make sure that it isn't just the display not waking up.
  3. Force the computer to power down by holding the power button.
  4. Disconnect the power at the UPS and wait 10 seconds. It won't reboot unless I do this first.
  5. Reboot and run Disk Utility to check my boot drive.
  6. Shutdown.
  7. Now if I just reboot after this, I usually have no problems. BUT if I cut the power at the UPS (I usually do this at the end of the day), it will reset the CMOS the next time I power up.

I didn't notice this pattern before, because I either just reboot without cutting off the UPS OR cut off the UPS at the end of the day and didn't remember what I did the next day when the CMOS resets. It seems to sleep just fine if I let go automatically, but it doesn't always work if I choose to sleep from the Apple menu. I'm not sure if this started when I switched to Open Core from Clover, or with a recent update of Open Core (currently using v0.8.0). It used to sleep without problems.

I've just been using @AudioGod's original config.plist and validating it with OC included utility, making any changes needed to pass. Any advice on how to proceed? Manually sleeping is not critical for me, so I can live without it, but it would be nice to have it since my previous Hackintosh build never slept properly at all.

@Project 2501 - Hi I have the same Motherboard as you and don't have that problem, Sleep/Wake works perfect for me. The thing is with CMOS resetting you need to check that this setting in the config.plist is set like the attached. When this happens, you should down the p/c, remove the power cable, press the power button for approx 15 seconds to dispel any latent power in the capacitors. Now remove the CMOS battery for approx 15 seconds.

After replacing the battery and power cable, power up the machine which should induce a message about a BIOS reset and should boot straight into the BIOS.

Look at the BIOS Clock albeit the Time and Year will be wrong and will need resetting, take note at the Seconds Digits, it should be counting up the Seconds, if it is static (not moving) then the CMOS reset was not successful and will continue to be problematic but if the steps as describe are done properly, you will not have a recurrence of the CMOS problem.

My attached EFI Folder is OC 0.8.2  version with latest kexts versions, booting BS, Monterey and now Ventura with no problems, all Apple Services i.e iMessage, F/Time, Apple TV, App Store etc all perfect and working.

Try my folder on a test USB  drive by booting off it after cleaning the Nvram and see the result, you'll need to furnish the config.plist with your own data i.e S/N, SmUUID, ROM etc as I removed mine. Good luck.

Spoiler

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@Project 2501 - Hi I have the same Motherboard as you and don't have that problem, Sleep/Wake works perfect for me. The thing is with CMOS resetting you need to check that this setting in the config.plist is set like the attached. When this happens, you should down the p/c, remove the power cable, press the power button for approx 15 seconds to dispel any latent power in the capacitors. Now remove the CMOS battery for approx 15 seconds.

After replacing the battery and power cable, power up the machine which should induce a message about a BIOS reset and should boot straight into the BIOS.

Look at the BIOS Clock albeit the Time and Year will be wrong and will need resetting, take note at the Seconds Digits, it should be counting up the Seconds, if it is static (not moving) then the CMOS reset was not successful and will continue to be problematic but if the steps as describe are done properly, you will not have a recurrence of the CMOS problem.

My attached EFI Folder is OC 0.8.2  version with latest kexts versions, booting BS, Monterey and now Ventura with no problems, all Apple Services i.e iMessage, F/Time, Apple TV, App Store etc all perfect and working.

Try my folder on a test USB  drive by booting off it after cleaning the Nvram and see the result, you'll need to furnish the config.plist with your own data i.e S/N, SmUUID, ROM etc as I removed mine. Good luck.

Thanks! I'll give this a try later... too busy for a troubleshooting session.

The last time I did do the full CMOS reset procedure you recommended. Had no problems until I tried to sleep from the Apple menu only; so far that is the only time my CMOS resets itself.

My config.plist has the correct setting for DisableRtcChecksum.

• Like 1

Dumb Question (TM) here... I've downloaded latest OCAT_Mac.dmg, but for some reason it is version 20220219 (the latest release according to download page) for OpenCore 0.7.8.

I'd like to use this to make updating my EFI easier, but I'm not sure where to get the latest one that is for a later version of OC>

1 hour ago, Project 2501 said:

I'd like to use this to make updating my EFI easier, but I'm not sure where to get the latest one that is for a later version of OC>

Go here - https://github.com/ic005k/OCAuxiliaryTools/releases - for the latest version of OCAT which will update all OC files and kexts to the latest versions pertaining to your original Settings, plus it has within an OCvalidate app to check the configuration for you as well as checking for and indication old files.

6 hours ago, eSaF said:

Go here - https://github.com/ic005k/OCAuxiliaryTools/releases - for the latest version of OCAT which will update all OC files and kexts to the latest versions pertaining to your original Settings, plus it has within an OCvalidate app to check the configuration for you as well as checking for and indication old files.

That's where I got it from, yet the "about" box and and the upper left corner of the main window say "0.7.8", but the version number is correct. If I run the OC Validate tool, it flags items specific to the newer config.plist, so it is behaving like it is designed for OC 0.7.8.

Ever since OC 0.7.9, for some reason every time I download the utility, I get the one for 0.7.8. I don't get it.

I just downloaded it again on a real iMac and took a screenshot. The app version number is correct, but the OC version is stubbornly pegged at 0.7.8. I also ran your config.plist through the validator, so I should pass, but it flagged keys that were deprecated in the newer versions of OC.

Update: I tried running this on Catalina and Big Sur, and got the same behavior. I'm baffled.

**** Solved: I figured it out... I just needed to go to Edit > Upgraded OpenCore and Kexts > hit the "Get OpenCore" button to update.

1795651361_ScreenShot2022-06-22at12_03_02PM.thumb.png.d27cc27c3f1cf5bf5d21cba14b808df3.png

1877938410_ScreenShot2022-06-22at12_19_07PM.thumb.png.c798c83cd729e68fd6cdb05eb408cdae.png

Edited by Project 2501
Solved!!!

Hello! Is there any way to enable the "listen for hey siri" option? Thanks!

UPDATE:

I guess I'm the only one who would like to have that feature. From what I read, T2 chip is required for it to work or connected Airpods. The iMac 2019 that my EFI uses indicates to macOS that this iMac doesn't have T2 chip since that chip was introduced from 2020 model. I wonder, if I change my profile to use iMac 2020, will it work?

Thanks!

Edited by panosru

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 8:40 PM, panosru said:

Hello! Is there any way to enable the "listen for hey siri" option? Thanks!

UPDATE:

I guess I'm the only one who would like to have that feature. From what I read, T2 chip is required for it to work or connected Airpods. The iMac 2019 that my EFI uses indicates to macOS that this iMac doesn't have T2 chip since that chip was introduced from 2020 model. I wonder, if I change my profile to use iMac 2020, will it work?

Thanks!

iMac Pro 2017 profile here, hey siri works with my AirPods if that helps.

@rob1980 Thanks for the info! As I expected, with AirPods the option "listen for hey Siri" is available but without them it is not, right?

I'm trying to find a way to trick the system into show the option "Listen for Hey Siri", but so far I couldn't find any way in doing that. The option isn’t available for me:

image.png.7809bb27a4e91606f2eb81018b1367d7.png

I think that could be because of iMac19,1 profile, since - as far as I'm aware - the option to listen for "Hey Siri" introduced in 2020 models.

UPDATE:

I changed my SMBIOS to iMac20,2, generated new serial etc. but still, the option "Listen for Hey Siri" isn't showing up. (PS: I'm gonna keep iMac20,2 profile instead of iMac19,1)

UPDATE2:

Ok, in order for the option to be available, a T1/2 chip is required, or.. connect airpods... !@#$#$ Apple...

UPDATE3:

Returning back to iMac19,1 profile...

Edited by panosru
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 7:48 AM, panosru said:

installed macOS v12.5 without any issue on OC 0.8.3 [DEV]

On 7/24/2022 at 11:11 AM, Blesh said:

yeah. Here as well... macOS 12.5 with OC 0.82 upgraded with OCAT without any issue.

2 hours ago, pkdesign said:

Same here!

The 12.5 update worked for me as well, with OC 0.8.2 via OCAT.

Perhaps because I used a USB stick with OC 0.8.0 in its EFI to update, rather than running an incremental update from the NVMe, it initially had a bit of trouble with WiFi and sound (sound via HDMI is a fairly common issue, usually needing a restart). Indeed, a restart fixed it & both WiFi & sound work fine now.