AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,857 posts in this topic

@eSaF @Project 2501

I can say that RX 580 and RX 6600 XT have the same behaviour with or without ReBAR. Even in Windows, not only macOS. Stress graphics tests get same scores, al least as I have tried in my system.

Maybe with a more powerful CPU (10-12 gen.) or GPU (6800 and 6900 series) scores can be better with ReBAR enabled.

You must think in this option as something useful in Windows. Before (OpenCore older versions) it was not possible to enable ReBAR in BIOS because OpenCore did not boot but now it is possible to do so and OpenCore boots fine with the correct configuration. But don't expect significant performance gain on macOS, it's mostly for Windows.

ReBAR option in BIOS usually is displayed only after enabling Above 4G Decoding and both options can be close to each other in BIOS settings.

@MisakaMikoto0

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/351099-release-macos-monterey-123/

Look at post 8 and following.

Edited by miliuco
  • Thanks 1

@miliucoThanks, I got my 6800 XT patched and performance is back to normal. It even partially fixed my USB audio overload issue, or maybe completely? I'll need to test longer.

841269065_ScreenShot2022-03-18at21_04_07.png.2437bc70c0b2eb9f39030f29ed5c61ef.png

Edited by MisakaMikoto0
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 7:04 PM, panosru said:

Hey everyone! I noticed that after  updating to v0.7.9 if I set SetApfsTrimTimeout to 0 the trim delay (~7 minutes) with my Samsung Evo drive is eliminated and the boot is almost instantaneous, while I know that this is not a solution since Trim has to happen periodically (I believe every 3 days or once a week is sufficient), I was wondering if there is a way to somehow make the trim to happen ever n days (much like a cron tab) before booting into the system.

Thanks! 

Have tried this today, also running 0.79 but no difference in boot time using either AudioGod based EFI or Maldon based EFI 😞

Anyone using F12l BIOS with Aorus Pro with a Thunderbolt card (where they added ReBAR support, for Pro WiFi the version might differ)? While macOS appears to run fine, it creates a lot of problems in Windows, including Thunderbolt controller not working (code 48 in device manager), eGPU causing BSOD, and Thunderbolt HDD enclousure causing extreme slowdowns. Anyone got any ideas?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scotty pro said:

Would you get those speeds with this board though as the Z390 is only PCI-e 3 and the corsair MP600 is pci-e 4

ye. in this case only mp600, 3k speed read/write

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 3:07 AM, texem said:

with RX5700 (XT) use this SSDT. This solves performance issues on 12.3 and fixes some other issues.

AMD5700.aml 661 B · 11 downloads

@texem

does it fix the reboot on wake with 12.3? and will it work with the iMac pro smbios

thanks

EDIT: worked great sleep works and no more wallpapers graphic errors 

Thank once again

Edited by gabe.p
  • Like 1

@saCULar it worked for me (and many others), but I reverted the value to -1 because skipping Trim isn't good and I don't want to degrade the performance of my drive. I plan to clean install the OS somewhere around mid-July as my current workload doesn't allow me to perform such actions.

Does anyone have any experience with Patriot VPN100 and 110? I'm leaning towards a 2GB VPN100 drive but I'm not sure if it is compatible or if it will end up like my Samsung drive 😕 

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Blesh said:

Some one here who can tell me how to fix this error? Comes right after booting macOS. Updated OC with OCAuxiliaryTools. I didn't change anything in my config file

Hi - The possibility to get aid would be greatly enhanced if you state what your specs are, better still list them in your profile so that you won't be asked every time you have a query.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, eSaF said:

The possibility to get aid would be greatly enhanced if you state what your specs are, better still list them in your profile so that you won't be asked every time you have a query.

@Blesh Account settings >> signature. Do as Esaf tells you.

There is something wrong in the config.plist file. The warning is not clear. There is a SSDT entry with the Enabled key as String instead of Boolean? Show us your config.plist without serial numbers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, miliuco said:

There is something wrong in the config.plist file.

Maybe he's using old files with new config.plist or visa versa, I agree his config.plist needs looking at or better still the whole EFI Folder needs scrutinising.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, panosru said:

Besides what @texem said, the Bluetooth issue for not working after sleep is also fixed in v12.3.1.

Probably you are using a different BT-adapter but my system still suffers from BT sleep/wake issues . In my case , it's solved by using DDR4-2666 instead of 3200MHz Profile.

Seems this is system speed related and might be a timing problem with the latest 12.x BT drivers