AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,857 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having a strange issue since a couple of days ago.
I have two disk to do my time machine backups. Time Machine stopped working on both.
The backup stalls until a message saying "Time machine couldn't complete the backup on drive XXX"
It seems I'm also having some kind of issue saving on certain drives, for example photoshop after trying to save a file to a directory in the user folder, it crashes and then can't open photoshop any more until boot.

It sounds more or less like a permisson problem. I passed the "first aid" from the disk util. But to no avail. I think I sould try something else, but can't figure out what...

2 hours ago, freakermonguer said:
I'm having a strange issue since a couple of days ago.
I have two disk to do my time machine backups. Time Machine stopped working on both.
The backup stalls until a message saying "Time machine couldn't complete the backup on drive XXX"
It seems I'm also having some kind of issue saving on certain drives, for example photoshop after trying to save a file to a directory in the user folder, it crashes and then can't open photoshop any more until boot.

It sounds more or less like a permisson problem. I passed the "first aid" from the disk util. But to no avail. I think I sould try something else, but can't figure out what...

If you're referring to these problems with a Monterey install, don't forget it is still in Beta Stage and still very buggy so there is a good chance it will not play nicely with certain apps. Don't jump to any conclusions just yet wait until a few more updates and see what happens. If Photoshop is crucial to working for you, then use it within a previous OS X version instead of relying on a Beta OS X version.

1 hour ago, baketa said:

This is my EFI both OS

There is really no need to post off site, just compress the folder and attach it here with your post.

Have you tried plugging it into another USB port on the case? The thing is what worked in previous OS X versions, with Monterey there have been some changes specially USB ports and how they are powered.

44 minutes ago, eSaF said:

There is really no need to post off site, just compress the folder and attach it here with your post.

Have you tried plugging it into another USB port on the case? The thing is what worked in previous OS X versions, with Monterey there have been some changes specially USB ports and how they are powered.

I have tried but didnt work in any port.

I also have two different BlueTooth USB Dongles both working in Mojave and not working in Monterey whatever I can do. Neither BlueToolFixup.kext not other solutions.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Artemi said:

Hi. There is newer bios released (F12). Is it possible to unclock MSR for wifi for this version?

Hi - Yes you can (See attached), don't forget you'll need to also reflect the setting in the config.plist otherwise the machine will not Boot.

Spoiler

187291711_Screenshot2022-05-02at10_21_41am.thumb.jpg.dd851337b3ae134bde04e232cebd2f91.jpg1154078256_Screenshot2022-05-02at10_24_26am.thumb.jpg.4d837a35cf6d900bea0315ca6b7546a8.jpg1217733304_Screenshot2022-05-02at10_34_42am.png.388fbf351ec5c20090a1a1492878f88a.png

• Like 2

On 4/29/2022 at 2:21 PM, Slice said:

It also looks like dead SSD.

I also thought the same until I found great tutorial on how to debug this errors. 

Activated the log in console and checked for problems. The culplrit was an Adobe Lightroom file that was being written as null, and the system couldn't copy it. 

Either being a hackintosh or a mac it would fail miserably in both cases. 

Regenerated the file and it worked

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 12:37 PM, eSaF said:

Hi - Yes you can (See attached), don't forget you'll need to also reflect the setting in the config.plist otherwise the machine will not Boot.

Reveal hidden contents

187291711_Screenshot2022-05-02at10_21_41am.thumb.jpg.dd851337b3ae134bde04e232cebd2f91.jpg1154078256_Screenshot2022-05-02at10_24_26am.thumb.jpg.4d837a35cf6d900bea0315ca6b7546a8.jpg1217733304_Screenshot2022-05-02at10_34_42am.png.388fbf351ec5c20090a1a1492878f88a.png

Thank you. 

Why some file was used by audiogod, if it can be just switched in bios?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Artemi said:

Screenshot 2022-05-07 at 22.30.35.jpg

Oh ok - This section you quoted was a way to unlock CFG before Gigabyte released a BIOS version (F12) which made it a lot easier to Enable/Disabled as I pointed out with attached pics a few posts above. So that section of Audiogod's Guide is now redundant and can be ignored. Hope this answered your query.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 10:55 AM, Artemi said:

Hi. There is newer bios released (F12). Is it possible to unclock MSR for wifi for this version?

But sorry CFG Lock has no relation to WiFi. Or you mean something else unknown for me?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my Broadcom Bcm94360cs2 wifi/bluetooth connected and working using a NGFF M2 Wireless Card to PCI-E Pcie Desktop Bluetooth Converter Adapter.

Wifi connection looks good - better signal than the built in intel cnvi which I removed.  Bluetooth is working, although I have noticed the keyboard disconnects if not being used for a while...

Headphones connecting via bluetooth ok. Almost living the dongle free life!

regards

saCULar

Desktop                                                          Laptop HP Elitebook G2 1030

OpenCore 0.7.8

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi.       CPU: Intel i7 Kaby Lake

CPU: Intel i9 9900K                                       GPU: HD620

GPU: Radeon II                                               RAM: 16GB

RAM: 32GB

WIFI/Bluetooth  Bcm94360cs2

Edited by saCULar
  • Like 2

Hello, back in 2019 I bought this card https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00MBP25UK/ which has an original Apple BCM943602CS WIFI+bluetooth module (as per the description of the product). I never used it for BT since I'm fine with my USB dongle. Since I'm connected only via ethernet, I also didn't use the WiFi. I only needed the WiFi to be available for my system for location service purposes. 

Due to a few issues with my ISP, I tried to connect to my hot spot from my phone with no luck, then I tried to connect to other WiFi networks and I realised that I'm only able to connect to 5GHz networks, not 2.4GHz, even though that both are detected. 

Does anyone else have the same issue? 

Thanks! 

UPDATE:

Replaced with my TP-link Archer AC1300 T6E, added the AirportBrcmFixup.kext, and it worked fine :D

UPDATE2:

After a bit more testing I found out that when I plug my antennas into either ABWB BCM943602CS or TP-Link, I'm unable to connect to 2.4GHz networks and to my hotspot (2.4GHZ and 5GHz), I can only connect to my router's 5GHz WiFi. Without the antennas both cards work fine, the ABWB BCM943602CS does not need the AirportBrcmFixup.kext, and since it uses Apple native chipset, I'm using it instead of TP-Link but without any antennas plugged, it works fine.

Edited by panosru

Hello again,

For some reason, my BIOS gets reset seemingly at random. So far, it's happened only 3 times with F12. It has never occurred with previous BIOS versions. After the first 2 resets, I went ahead and replaced the battery, but it just happened again for a 3rd time. I finally got smart and saved the profile on a flash drive.

Has anybody had a similar issue with the BIOS resetting itself?

I do have a habit of turning off the power strip after shutting down the computer, but it's never been a problem before with any of my previous computers. If it was a problem with the battery, I'm sure it would have lost its settings every time it sits for hours cut off from all power. The system clock seems to keep the correct time... am I correct to assume that the battery is also necessary to keep the clock from resetting as well?

Edited by Project 2501
Typos.

30 minutes ago, Project 2501 said:

Hello again,

For some reason, my BIOS gets reset seemingly at random. So far, it's happened only 3 times with F12. It has never occurred with previous BIOS versions. After the first 2 resets, I went ahead and replaced the battery, but it just happened again for a 3rd time. I finally got smart and saved the profile on a flash drive.

Has anybody had a similar issue with the BIOS resetting itself?

I do have a habit of turning off the power strip after shutting down the computer, but it's never been a problem before with any of my previous computers. If it was a problem with the battery, I'm sure it would have lost its settings every time it sits for hours cut off from all power. The system clock seems to keep the correct time... am I correct to assume that the battery is also necessary to keep the clock from resetting as well?

There is an old story when RTC settings was resetted after using macOS. I am not sure you have exactly same case but I don't exclude this. In my case reset RTC may cause BIOS reset.

There are patches for RTC in Clover and in OpenCore. Check them!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slice said:

There is an old story when RTC settings was resetted after using macOS. I am not sure you have exactly same case but I don't exclude this. In my case reset RTC may cause BIOS reset.

If I understand the post correctly, there is no need for this setting on this board as it will and does cause BIOS reset. I suggest power down the p/c, remove the power cable, then press the power button for about 30 seconds to 1 minute to remove all residue charge from the capacitors, then remove the CMOS battery for 1 minute or more.

Of course these steps will default the BIOS settings which will have to be reset again for OS X including Year time and date. One good indication that all is back to normal when resetting the BIOS, look at the 'Seconds Count Down' in the BIOS clock, if it is stationary it is not working as should.

If all is well resetting the BIOS, as a precaution, at boot up clean the NvRAM before booting to the desktop and the RTC causing BIOS reset will be no more.

• Like 1