[pre-release] macOS Mojave 10.14.4

Wayang-NT

203 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

I'm not sure my feedbag are reliable, as I'm only able boot 10.14.4 only in safe mode. Also Reconfiguration=0x67 and BooterConfig=0x28 the same

Thanks for provided link above, interesting; if Apple changed Disp Connector or Framebuffer for supported AMD GPUs, it makes a sense. But for (example) force-supported Nvidia Tesla, IntelHD 3000 & below.. what have they changed if the kexts were no longer exist on LE/SLE since 10.14.0? Ah, guessing my question should be addressed to Apple #LoL

Edited by Badruzeus

Been getting "Error allocating 0x… pages at 0x… alloc type 2 Couldn't allocate runtime area" failure messages at boot ever since I updated to 10.14.4.

Booting into recovery and inputing "kextcache -invalidate /Volume/Macintosh\ HD" allows system to start normally. But issue usually returns at next reboot.

Edited by zxv

Known Issues

• VoiceOver may no longer be able to access web content when moving backward or forward through the current Safari tab’s history. (47677951)

Workaround: In Safari, select Preferences > Advanced > “Show Develop menu in menu bar”, then deselect Develop > Experimental Features > “Swap Processes on Cross-Site Navigation”.

iCloud Photos

Resolved Issues

• Photos shared using Sharing Suggestions now load correctly. (47401696)

News

New Features

• Apple News will be available in Canada with macOS 10.14.4, and is now available for Canadian users on the developer beta. Apple News in Canada supports both English and French. Readers can access a bilingual experience when they follow a channel in a second language.

Note: Publications in the beta do not reflect all content that will be available. Top Stories and Digests are not updated as frequently as they will be in the shipping product. 

Safari

Known Issues

• After updating to Safari 12.1 from Safari 10.1.2, web pages might not display. (47335741)

Workaround: Run the following command in Terminal:

defaults delete com.apple.Safari

Warning

You will lose your previous Safari settings after running the command above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hello @PMheart @gengik84 I may propose MacOS_Updater script for including macOSUpdCombo?

I realized that default download is Delta, but after manually edited the script I'll get Combo as well.

On my case with macOS Mojave 10.14.4 Beta 3 (18E194d):

- 041-39673 (Delta, default)

- 041-39674 (Combo, edited).

..and, how to show Installer logs on Terminal when System updates?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Hello @PMheart @gengik84 I may propose MacOS_Updater script for including macOSUpdCombo?

I realized that default download is Delta, but after manually edited the script I'll get Combo as well.

On my case with macOS Mojave 10.14.4 Beta 3 (18E194d):

- 041-39673 (Delta, default)

- 041-39674 (Combo, edited).

..and, how to show Installer logs on Terminal when System updates?

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, if you'd like to show the diff for Combo update download. :)

To be honest, it's kind of surprising that Apple is still offering Combo package... I think it has been dead for years... LOL

As for verbose logging - It can be done with -verbose arg, please see L512L567 as well as `man installer`.

Edited by PMheart
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PMheart said:

Yes, if you'd like to show the diff for Combo update download. :)

To be honest, it's kind of surprising that Apple is still offering Combo package... I think it has been dead for years... LOL

As for verbose logging - It can be done with -verbose arg, please see L512L567 as well as `man installer`.

I think only:

macOSUpd > macOSUpdCombo

macOSUpd10.14.4.Recovery > macOSUpdCombo10.14.4.Recovery

English.dist-DeltaCombo.zip

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

I think only:

macOSUpd > macOSUpdCombo

macOSUpd10.14.4.Recovery > macOSUpdCombo10.14.4.Recovery

English.dist-DeltaCombo.zip

Good point, thanks a lot!

After being clarified by @crazybirdy, yes, Combo update should be used first, just for safety.

Now I am assured to be an idiot again. :)

For example, if one wants to upgrade to 10.14.4 b3, what he would choose looks like this:

- Delta: when he is under 10.14.3 or 10.14.4 b1/b2 (i.e the most adjacent release)

- Combo: all 10.14.x

So Combo package is more complete. Just in case of outdated version.

Thanks @crazybirdy!

@Badruzeus If you have a GitHub account, feel free to create a Pull Request and I will kindly merge it. Thanks again!

Edited by PMheart
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

hi...

as I'm just a lucky M.D. since Myzar 10.4.6, I'm lost with the many options of suggested scripts to download the updates as well the "combo" one..

above, could someone make a resume of which script is to download  the last release and the one

to download the "combo" ? or one that we can choose among the several options as @crazybirdy showed above..

thank you

c.frio

Up until today i have not had any issues updating my desktop machine but todays beta update will download, ask me to restart, it states it is installing but when it reboots back to clover GUI i see no "boot macOS from...." install drive.

Edited by SavageAUS

3 hours ago, ellaosx said:

I have been doing manual download of combo and patch it using macOS Updater Script, is it bad?

Yeah, I don't get what you mean with "bad" here #LoL. On my mach (sig) is still working just fine after UpdCombo.

Exceptions for non-metal gfx, it' s still stuck on "IOgLockScreen..." but I think is bit better compared to prev. Betas; now ACPI Brightness is working (I just tested on another laptop with IntelHD Graphics 1st Gen).. an indication that OpenGL actually works (if I still remember Brightness is gone w/o gfx accel), but just having no display appears. Still, not sure what prevents WindowServer / CoreDisplay failed to load.

There're ridiculous changes on Apple Apps, now they use Assets.car instead of (old) *.icns for icons.

macOS-Mojave.png

19 minutes ago, C.Frio said:

@Badzureus..which is the script for the "comboUpdate"?

I use this one, sorry.. #ScriptKiddie, but it works for me.

MacOS_UpdCombo_Script.zip

Combo.diff

#EDIT: ..and you need move it to dir where "dm" is located (for succeeded Recovery Update).

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, C.Frio said:

"dm"..??? booth?

If you cloned MacOS_Updater, you'll get "dm" binary there. Ah, simply move UpdCombo script to "MacOS_Updater/" dir #LoL. Or patching original script:

cd /Path_to/Cloned_MacOS_Updater/
patch -i /Path_to/Combo.diff

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 1