Allan

iMessage without worries...how?

43 posts in this topic

Hey guys, how are you?

@MaLd0n and I was doing some tests with iMessage.

And for most impossible that it seems, now we can use it without worries with MLB, ROM and specific SN. Look...:frantics:

But who can made this possible?

• Clover
  • VirtualSMC
  • Apple??

Advertisement
18 minutes ago, Allan said:

Hey guys, how are you?

@MaLd0n and I was doing some tests with iMessage.

And for most impossible that it seems, now we can use it without worries with MLB, ROM and specific SN. Look...:frantics:

But who can made this possible?

• Clover
  • VirtualSMC
  • Apple??

I'm using FakeSMC.kext and I just updated the config.plist with the latest clover configurator and the Apple ID that I haven't been able to activate since now works just fine! :D

Thanks for the update :yes:

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

I'm using FakeSMC.kext and I just updated the config.plist with the latest clover configurator and the Apple ID that I haven't been able to activate since now works just fine! :D

Thanks for the update :yes:

Here too the same thing, just added the "EFI Version" key in the SMBIOS section, restarted and tried the iMessage and activated, until FaceTime also activated

I use FakeSMC

I have never ever ever ever had iMessage working on either of my hacks and yesterday for poops and giggles i tried signing into iMessage on my laptop and it worked!

Today, the same thing with my desktop.

Well done to whomever is responsible.

Well I'm happy for all of you that finally have iMessage working, but I still didn't understand what we need to do, to make it work...

My real test will be a fresh install, I’m guessing it should be fine with native nvram and as long as I use the same serial, rom, mlb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

My real test will be a fresh install, I’m guessing it should be fine with native nvram and as long as I use the same serial, rom, mlb.

You can use a different serial and let Clover Configurator auto generate your ROM and MLB by using these setting example:

XFsEuT5.png

10 minutes ago, Pavo said:

You can use a different serial and let Clover Configurator auto generate your ROM and MLB by using these setting example:

XFsEuT5.png

Well i just did a fresh install of 10.14.0 on my laptop using my old EFI folder with custom rom and mlb and after the initial sign on process iMessage was already signed in and working.

Edited by SavageAUS

I’m in the process of reinstalling 10.14.1 on my desktop rig onto a new drive (Samsung 970 EVO), the installation goes through fine, I copy and paste my EFI folder from the USB stick onto the the new hard drive after mounting the partition then reboot, I then proceed to sign into iMessage and I now get authentication failed. My previous install works fine and so does iMessage. Any tips?

Currently I am using carbon copy cloner to clone my install over, I’ll then proceed to copy over the EFI partition and reboot to new drive and see if that helps but has anyone got any tips or advice on how to retain iMessage?

Edit

Ok so cloning my current install over and copying the EFI folder directly to new drive seems to have worked, now I’ll pull the old drive and see how I go.

Edit 2

So far so good with old drive removed.

Has anyone else had iMessage go on the fritz today? I booted my laptop and I had to login but I get authentication error. Been fine for a while now, nothing has changed smbios wise just kext updates and clover updates.

No issues here on none of my hacks... But I never had issues with iMessage

My desktop is fine, need to retest my laptop.

Laptop still not allowing me to sign into iMessage.

@MaLd0n You find a solution?

Edited by SavageAUS

5 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

You find a solution?

no, i don't use iMessage or Facetime xD

iMessage was working perfectly until yesterday, I booted and couldn’t log in. I have all smbios and rtvariables set correctly or it wouldn’t have been working the day before. It just stopped working yesterday, I haven’t tried today but I will later on.