[Guide 2018] Z820 - HIGH SIERRA, The great guide (Sucess)

bilbo

606 posts in this topic

Hello, I have z820 6 cores E5-2667 @2.90 

Ram 64 GB

Radon RX 580 8gb ram mac osx Mojave

everything works but USB 3  and Sata and SAS

SATA just first 2 ports  and SAS  just port 0 works

i tried the AstekFusion pkg installer i added the 2 kexts to to Others

but when i use Kext utility to install the  i cant boot 

but my CPUID show i have Sandy Bridge not IVY.

im uploading my Config and SSDT

config.plist

SSDT.aml

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WvltUUdRiqznRHZYtGaT8SnaW5eTowY-

Edited by Hussain1971

Thank you very much to bilbo for this guide to install high sierra. Actually it didn't work for me, because I got stuck in the beginning booting from an usb stick (front usb-2 port of the hp z820), I tried High Sierra and Mojave:

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
I'm on HP z820, Bios Version J63 v03.94, dual E5-2609 @ 2,40GHz. 
I did search the web the last 4 days for solutions, but nothing changed here with the tips I found.

Any ideas, tips? Had someone the same problem? My Bios Settings are set like described here.

config.plist

z820_stuck.jpg

z820_stuck2.jpg

Edited by Harry Hard

On 2/9/2019 at 3:31 AM, Hussain1971 said:

Hello, I have z820 6 cores E5-2667 @2.90 

Ram 64 GB

Radon RX 580 8gb ram mac osx Mojave

everything works but USB 3  and Sata and SAS

SATA just first 2 ports  and SAS  just port 0 works

i tried the AstekFusion pkg installer i added the 2 kexts to to Others

but when i use Kext utility to install the  i cant boot 

-Use only the astekfusions kexts patched provided in the stuff folder. The originals cause KP.  Why do you use the pkg installer?

-USB3  should work only with mXHCD.kext.

2 hours ago, Harry Hard said:

Thank you very much to bilbo for this guide to install high sierra. Actually it didn't work for me, because I got stuck in the beginning booting from an usb stick (front usb-2 port of the hp z820), I tried High Sierra and Mojave:

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

I'm on HP z820, Bios Version J63 v03.94, dual E5-2609 @ 2,40GHz. 
I did search the web the last 4 days for solutions, but nothing changed here with the tips I found.

Any ideas, tips? Had someone the same problem? My Bios Settings are set like described here.

config.plist

For your  CPU model check the appendix of the guide, and use the SSDT-1 provided in stuff folder.

Edited by bilbo

On 2/10/2019 at 11:41 PM, Harry Hard said:

The hang/crash above was solved by changing the main HD (drivebay 0) to the SATA connection (as mentioned in your Guide, thank's bilbo). The start of the OSX (High Sierra/Mojave) installation process went t'ill the diskutil. But there I endet up with 'no harddrive' except the OSX-boot USB drive and the mounted OSX image.

I checked with this hardwaresetup the install of Windows7, here the same, no harddrive. It doesn't matter to set the BIOS to AHCI or IDE, both no change.

What is your setup? What HD was connected to one of the SATA ports? Any ideas/tips are welcome, thank you very much.

Attached are my patched DSDT.aml and my SSDT_.aml, also the changed config.plist. All of this did not change the fact of a missing HD in the beginning of the installation process of OSX.

DSDT.aml

SSDT-1-CpuDef.aml

config.plist

Edited by Harry Hard

On 2/12/2019 at 1:18 AM, Harry Hard said:

The hang/crash above was solved by changing the main HD (drivebay 0) to the SATA connection (as mentioned in your Guide, thank's bilbo). The start of the OSX (High Sierra/Mojave) installation process went t'ill the diskutil. But there I endet up with 'no harddrive' except the OSX-boot USB drive and the mounted OSX image.

I checked with this hardwaresetup the install of Windows7, here the same, no harddrive. It doesn't matter to set the BIOS to AHCI or IDE, both no change.

What is your setup? What HD was connected to one of the SATA ports? Any ideas/tips are welcome, thank you very much.

Attached are my patched DSDT.aml and my SSDT_.aml, also the changed config.plist. All of this did not change the fact of a missing HD in the beginning of the installation process of OSX.

DSDT.aml

SSDT-1-CpuDef.aml

config.plist

If You're stuck in the installation process try to use one of the rear USB-2 ports. That's what I had to do anyway.

Harry Hard , did you keep in mind this?

On 10/7/2018 at 8:35 PM, bilbo said:

-Be sure that you have plugged your internal sata drive to one of the two internal achi sata controller.

2hmh9h1.jpg

Is your HD apfs ? , If it is, maybe you forgot add apfs driver to clover.

Edit: I read this:

Sorry, I can't understand completely. Did you mean that your HD doesn't work in windows?

Edited by bilbo

On 2/11/2019 at 3:31 PM, Gabrielss said:
Hi , I have a PM issue . CPU speed is not going to below 2.9Ghz. Geekbench Multicore score is 17000. But Sierra is working fine , High Sierra and Mojave have this issue.
My config z820 6 cores E5-2667 @2.90 x 2 cpu

Sorry. No info enough. Please, post more detailed info about what you did, following the PM section of the guide and if you get some error in any post , etc.

Thank you all for your tips and ideas, I finally managed the problem and successfully installed OSX Mojave. Dear Bilbo, your guide is great, thank you very much. I did have in mind to change the internal SATA drive to one of the grey SATA ports. With my z820 there is another issue:

It does not work, if it is the HD/drive container 0 or 1 in the z820, only 2 and 3 are working. Drive container 0 and 1 have maybe some special configuration due to the RAID support of the SAS controller.

I followed the guide to the point of:

back up original appleintelpowermagement.kext from extensions folder (go to S/L/E and copy it to desktop)

... of course it is High Sierra specific, Mojave does not have the kext.

However, the system is working. Thank you very much!745296877_Screenshot2019-02-14at17_48_16.png.d6fa1ff5d7583f2bacec20cb0867f8d7.png

Edited by Harry Hard

4 hours ago, Harry Hard said:

It does not work, if it is the HD/drive container 0 or 1 in the z820, only 2 and 3 are working. Drive container 0 and 1 have maybe some special configuration due to the RAID support of the SAS controller.

Sorry. I don't understand you. What is "a drive container"? First time I heard that. ¿?¿?¿?¿

4 hours ago, Harry Hard said:

I followed the guide to the point of:

back up original appleintelpowermagement.kext from extensions folder (go to S/L/E and copy it to desktop) 

... of course it is High Sierra specific, Mojave does not have the kext.

Nope!! The right path is /System/Library/Extensions (that is what S/L/E means ;) ). You'll find the kext right there.

18 hours ago, bilbo said:

Sorry. I don't understand you. What is "a drive container"? First time I heard that. ¿?¿?¿?¿

Nope!! The right path is /System/Library/Extensions (that is what S/L/E means ;) ). You'll find the kext right there.

Ok, thank's again, Bilbo. It seems, that I was a little bit too fast in giving up ;). Will ckeck the rest of the installation soon.

With 'drive container' I did mean the four internal drivebays (number 8 in the picture). The top one is 0, than 1, 2 ..3.

hp_z820_intern.jpg.a6e6a5d20e0b225565e3c4867bc6298f.jpg

Edited by Harry Hard

19 hours ago, Harry Hard said:

Ok, thank's again, Bilbo. It seems, that I was a little bit too fast in giving up ;). Will ckeck the rest of the installation soon.

With 'drive container' I did mean the four internal drivebays (number 8 in the picture). The top one is 0, than 1, 2 ..3.

hp_z820_intern.jpg.a6e6a5d20e0b225565e3c4867bc6298f.jpg

You can reroute the drives in the trays (8) any way You like.

If You want to put Your OS drive at the top tray just follow the sata cable connected to it, and plug it into one of the 2 --GREY-- AHCI ports. Simple really.

I for one got rid of the DVD drive and Installed 3 Removable trays to the front.

z820.jpg

... what I tried to explain is, that you cannot reroute the top two drives (there is a workaround @ HP website for windows insallation and UEFI). It does not work, the Mojave installation does not find any drive (if the HD(s) reside in one of the two top ones). Only the two lower ones work with the gray SATA connectors.

however, I finnished the installation how it is described in Bilbos beautiful guide. When I came to ssdtPRGen.sh, I got an error:

./ssdtPRGen.sh -mode custom -b Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 -p 'E5-2609' -c 3 -x 1 -cpus 2 -l 16

ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9  Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl
             v6.6  Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen
             v21.5 Copyright (c) 2013-2019 by Pike R. Alpha
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <

System information: Mac OS X 10.14.3 (18D109)
Brandstring: "Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2609 0 @ 2.40GHz"

Override value: (-mode) script mode changed to custom!
Override value: (-b) board-id, now using: Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6!
Override value: (-p) processor model, now using: E5-2609!
Override value: (-c) CPU workarounds, now set to: 3!
Override value: (-x) XCPM mode, now set to: 1!
Override value: (-cpus) number of processors, now using: 2!
Override value: (-l) number of logical processors, now using: 16!

grep: /Users/user/Library/ssdtPRGen/ACPI/SSDT*.aml: No such file or directory
Version: models.cfg v171 / Sandy Bridge.cfg v150

Scope (\_SB) {20826 bytes} with ACPI Processor declarations found in DSDT (ACPI 1.0 compliant)

Notice: Custom mode enabled
	Skipping ACPI table extraction from host computer!
	Getting enabled Processors from...: /Users/user/Desktop/APIC.aml
	Getting Processor declaration from: /Users/user/Desktop/DSDT.aml
	Used ACPI processor labels: 
	– C000 C001 C002 C003 C004 C005 C006 C007

Notice: Downloading Restrictions.cfg ...
Generating ssdt.dsl for a 'MacPro6,1' with board-id [Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6]
Sandy Bridge Core E5-2609 processor [0x206D7] setup [0x0a01]
With a maximum TDP of 80 Watt, as specified by Intel
Number logical CPU's: 16 (Core Frequency: 2400 MHz)
Number of Turbo States: 0
Number of P-States: 13 (1200-2400 MHz)

Warning: You must use the -xcpm_ipi boot argument instead of -xcpm on multiprocessor systems.

Injected C-States for C000 (C1,C3,C6,C7)

Error: board-id [Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6] not supported by Sandy Bridge – check SMBIOS data / use the -target option

Also I do not understand how to insert -xcpm_ipi, I only can choose '-xcpm' in my Clover.

I also checked AppleIntelInfo.kext and got this output:

AppleIntelInfo.kext v2.9 Copyright © 2012-2017 Pike R. Alpha. All rights reserved.
logIGPU..................................: 0
logCStates...............................: 1
logIPGStyle..............................: 1

CPU Ratio Info:
------------------------------------------
Base Clock Frequency (BLCK)............. : 100 MHz
Maximum Efficiency Ratio/Frequency.......: 12 (1200 MHz)
Maximum non-Turbo Ratio/Frequency........: 24 (2400 MHz)
Maximum Turbo Ratio/Frequency............: 24 (2400 MHz)
P-State ratio * 100 = Frequency in MHz
CPU P-States [ (12) 23 24 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 21 23 24 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 21 22 23 24 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 20 21 22 23 24 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 18 20 21 22 23 24 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 16 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ]

After finishing all, there have to be 3 patched *.aml's in the 'patched' folder:

DSDT.aml

SSDT.aml

SSDT-1-CpuDef.aml (CPU MODELS 26x7 or 26x3 EXTRA- PATCHING)

Correct?

p.s.

Does someone use the z820/OSX with ps/2 mouse/keyboard? My z820 is only working with an extra kext for ps/2.

Edited by Harry Hard

1 hour ago, Harry Hard said:

... what I tried to explain is, that you cannot reroute the top two drives (there is a workaround @ HP webside for windows insallation and UEFI). It does not work, the Mojave installation does not find any drive (if the HD(s) reside in one of the two top ones). Only the two lower ones work with the gray SATA connectors.

Interesting info. First I did when I bought the z820, was add 4 hd in the drivebays and connect them to my LSI pci raid card. My HD system has been always connected to one ssd installed in one adittional cases added into the second/frontal bay (number 7 , in the image). That is because I forgot completely how the four drives bays are connected to the mainboard. What Amadeusex says is the logical answer and that would have been my answer too. So, It has been an interesting finding. I can't understand it. It doesn't make sense. Anyway, I'll add the info to the guide.

however, I finnished the installation how it is described in Bilbos beautiful guide. When I came to ssdtPRGen.sh, I got an error:

Error: board-id [Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6] not supported by Sandy Bridge – check SMBIOS data / use the -target option

That is because 6,1 smbios (macpro trashcan)  is natively only for IvyBridge cpus. Mine is Ivydybridge, so no experience about Sandybridge PM. Wait for the answer from V1 Z820 users. Maybe ignore the error is enough. No idea.

Anyway, according with your output, I would say that you have a right PM. Reading your cpu info, it is a 2.4 model, without turbobost. That means it goes from 1,2 in idle states to 2,4 as a stock and max, clock freq

Also I do not understand how to insert -xcpm_ipi, I only can choose '-xcpm' in my Clover.

In cloverconfigurator, add manually the entry into the "custom flag" text box. Anyway, this bootflag is obsolete since Sierra (I'm not sure). I add it "just in case" ;)

DSDT.aml

SSDT.aml

Yes, that´s right. And according with your test, the 26x9 models work also, which are good news ^_^

But don't forget add the SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml. (check usb section) It orders the internal usb port numbers, and avoid ports conflict.

Does someone use the z820/OSX with ps/2 mouse/keyboard? My z820 is only working with an extra kext for ps/2.

That's right, and it explains your first problems with the mouse. If you can skip this, you can buy some cheap mouse. Sometimes it's worth it

Edited by bilbo

On 2/16/2019 at 4:21 PM, Harry Hard said:

... what I tried to explain is, that you cannot reroute the top two drives (there is a workaround @ HP website for windows insallation and UEFI). It does not work, the Mojave installation does not find any drive (if the HD(s) reside in one of the two top ones). Only the two lower ones work with the gray SATA connectors.

./ssdtPRGen.sh -mode custom -b Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 -p 'E5-2609' -c 3 -x 1 -cpus 2 -l 16

ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9  Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl
             v6.6  Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen
             v21.5 Copyright (c) 2013-2019 by Pike R. Alpha
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <

System information: Mac OS X 10.14.3 (18D109)
Brandstring: "Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2609 0 @ 2.40GHz"

Override value: (-mode) script mode changed to custom!
Override value: (-b) board-id, now using: Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6!
Override value: (-p) processor model, now using: E5-2609!
Override value: (-c) CPU workarounds, now set to: 3!
Override value: (-x) XCPM mode, now set to: 1!
Override value: (-cpus) number of processors, now using: 2!
Override value: (-l) number of logical processors, now using: 16!

grep: /Users/user/Library/ssdtPRGen/ACPI/SSDT*.aml: No such file or directory
Version: models.cfg v171 / Sandy Bridge.cfg v150

Scope (\_SB) {20826 bytes} with ACPI Processor declarations found in DSDT (ACPI 1.0 compliant)

Notice: Custom mode enabled
	Skipping ACPI table extraction from host computer!
	Getting enabled Processors from...: /Users/user/Desktop/APIC.aml
	Getting Processor declaration from: /Users/user/Desktop/DSDT.aml
	Used ACPI processor labels: 

Notice: Downloading Restrictions.cfg ...
Generating ssdt.dsl for a 'MacPro6,1' with board-id [Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6]
Sandy Bridge Core E5-2609 processor [0x206D7] setup [0x0a01]
With a maximum TDP of 80 Watt, as specified by Intel
Number logical CPU's: 16 (Core Frequency: 2400 MHz)
Number of Turbo States: 0
Number of P-States: 13 (1200-2400 MHz)

Warning: You must use the -xcpm_ipi boot argument instead of -xcpm on multiprocessor systems.

Injected C-States for C000 (C1,C3,C6,C7)

I also checked AppleIntelInfo.kext and got this output:

AppleIntelInfo.kext v2.9 Copyright © 2012-2017 Pike R. Alpha. All rights reserved.
logIGPU..................................: 0
logCStates...............................: 1
logIPGStyle..............................: 1

CPU Ratio Info:
Base Clock Frequency (BLCK)............. : 100 MHz
Maximum Efficiency Ratio/Frequency.......: 12 (1200 MHz)
Maximum non-Turbo Ratio/Frequency........: 24 (2400 MHz)
Maximum Turbo Ratio/Frequency............: 24 (2400 MHz)
P-State ratio * 100 = Frequency in MHz
CPU P-States [ (12) 23 24 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 21 23 24 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 21 22 23 24 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 20 21 22 23 24 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 18 20 21 22 23 24 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 16 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ]

After finishing all, there have to be 3 patched *.aml's in the 'patched' folder:

DSDT.aml

SSDT.aml

Correct?

p.s.

Hello!

I usually do the following steps (from my own notes):

1) sudo perl AICPMPatch.pl /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement --patch
2) sudo ./10.13\ aicpm\ patch.command
3) insert MacMini StepContextDict:
macmini6,2 StepContextDict is here:
/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED.plist
and you should insert it here (I use to tag this file with a color to see if it changes after a system update):
/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist

4) copy APIC.aml e SSDT-1-CpuDef.aml renaming it in DSDT.aml on Desktop (dump it with F4 on Clover while booting)
5) recompile DSDT.AML fixing various problems as per bilbo's guide (patch 1, 2 and 3)
6) install compiled DSDT.aml on CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder
7) download Pike's ssdtPRGen:
curl -o ./ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/Beta/ssdtPRGen.sh
8) ./ssdtPRGen.sh -cpus 2 -p 'E5-2670' -x 1 -target 0 -turbo 3300 -c 3 -cpus 2 -l 32 -mode custom -d 3
9) install generated SSDT.aml on CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder
10) Install X79PlatformPlugin.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/
11) sudo ./InsanelyRepairPermission -r /Volumes/macOS\ SSD

If you experience boot problems, drop SSDT.AML on Clover boot screen

Hope this helps, best regards!
AC
Edited by antonio.clb

On 2/16/2019 at 8:42 PM, antonio.clb said:

1) sudo perl AICPMPatch.pl /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement --patch
2) sudo ./10.13\ aicpm\ patch.command
3) insert MacMini StepContextDict:
macmini6,2 StepContextDict is here:
/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED.plist
and you should insert it here (I use to tag this file with a color to see if it changes after a system update):
/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist

4) copy APIC.aml e SSDT-1-CpuDef.aml renaming it in DSDT.aml on Desktop (dump it with F4 on Clover while booting)
5) recompile DSDT.AML fixing various problems as per bilbo's guide (patch 1, 2 and 3)
6) install compiled DSDT.aml on CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder
7) download Pike's ssdtPRGen:
curl -o ./ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/Beta/ssdtPRGen.sh
8) ./ssdtPRGen.sh -p 'E5-2670' -c 3 -x 1 -target 0 -cpus 2 -l 32 -mode custom -d 3
   ./ssdtPRGen.sh -cpus 2 -p 'E5-2670' -x 1 -target 0 -turbo 3300 -c 3 -cpus 2 -l 32 -mode custom -d 3
9) install generated SSDT.aml on CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder
10) Install X79PlatformPlugin.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/
11) sudo ./InsanelyRepairPermission -r /Volumes/macOS\ SSD

If you experience boot problems, drop SSDT.AML on Clover boot screen

Hope this helps, best regards!
AC

Actually it does not really help. When I follow your steps, I'm ending up with an useless system, crashing in boot process.

What version is your z820? What are your specs?

Edited by Harry Hard

2 hours ago, Harry Hard said:

Actually it does not really help. When I follow your steps, I'm ending up with an useless system, crashing in boot process.

What version is your z820? What are your specs?

You've got a v1 z820 like me and a sandy bridge CPU. You could try with the (modified) settings which worked for me.

./ssdtPRGen.sh -cpus 2 -p 'E5-2670' -x 1 -target 0 -turbo 3300 -c 3 -mode custom   <=== This is what did the job for me

What I've also noticed is that Your command included the "-l 16" flag (the number of the logical cores) but according to ark.Intel.com the 2609 doesn't support hyperthreading.

So either try:

./ssdtPRGen.sh -cpus 2 -p 'E5-2609' -x 1 -target 0 -c 3 -mode custom  (leave -l out alltogether as i did)

or

./ssdtPRGen.sh -cpus 2 -p 'E5-2609' -x 1 -target 0 -c 3 -l 8 -mode custom  (declare 8 logical cores)

I hope that helps my friend :)

Edited by amadeusex
Bad Formatting

Harry Hard, if you followed the guide, you don't need to follow (repeating) the steps posted by antonio. It's basically same steps, maybe written in a shorter way.  Reading your outputs,I believe you didn't need repeat the process. Only experiment with ssdtPRGen.sh command.

But , the point 3 ("insert mac mini" stepcontextdict) of antonio's mini-howto. is redundant, because that is what  Legacyx86PlattformPlugin.kext does: Inject an specifical power management rules, overriding the natives. I took my time in check this when I wrote the guide. (i checked also the old version of this kext for sierra and el capitan). Edit an internal kext, placed in System/Library/Extensions, is always dangerous, specially for inexperienced users.Always in needed fix permissions and rebuild cache, and even so, you can take risk of suffer a KP on next boot.

Maybe that is the reason for the KP. Or sometimes, one wrong ssdt generated by ssdtPRGen cause KP. In this case, to boot again you only have to skip the ssdt load in clover boot. I don't know what is your case.

If you are in the case of a Kext corrupted, If you don´t have a copy of the original kext is almost impossible recover your system. Even with some backup, is hard: boot in single mode, restore the kext corrupted, repair permissions, and repair cache, via terminal. It's a pity, but reinstall from scrach it's worth it.

After restore your system, you can try the advices of Amadeussex. I didn't realize about you cpu doesn't support hyperthreading.

1 hour ago, amadeusex said:

What I've also noticed is that Your command included the "-l 16" flag (the number of the logical cores) but according to ark.Intel.com the 2609 doesn't support hyperthreading.

So either try:

./ssdtPRGen.sh -cpus 2 -p 'E5-2609' -x 1 -target 0 -c 3 -mode custom  (leave -l out alltogether as i did)

or

./ssdtPRGen.sh -cpus 2 -p 'E5-2609' -x 1 -target 0 -c 3 -l 8 -mode custom  (declare 8 logical cores)

Amadeussex, what smbios do you have for your v1? 5,1 or 6,1?

Edited by bilbo

Of course my suggestions were targeted to my own system (see my signature). Thanks to @amadeusex for the suggestions. Additionally, @amadeusex, could you please shed some light on the procedure to use CPUFriend? I'd like to try it but did'nt understand well how...

I've noticed that the 8th point has two lines, I've edited it inserting the correct one as follows:

./ssdtPRGen.sh -cpus 2 -p 'E5-2670' -x 1 -target 0 -turbo 3300 -c 3 -cpus 2 -l 32 -mode custom -d 3

@bilbo didn't realize the redundancy of my /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext modification, thanks for the tip! In the next update I'll try to restore it to the default one and report here.

Best regards.

AC

Edited by antonio.clb

@antonio.clb , yep. If you open Legacyx86PlattformPlugin.kext, you'll see a plist with the macmini policies (for Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED ) named under Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 which inject it, overriding the original. This, basically avoid editing the original kext. You did it twice, manually, as you noted, and automatically, with the Legacyx86PlattformPlugin.kext. If you did it correctly, everything is ok. You don't need restore anything. Only is good to know for the next time and save one step.  My assumption is that harry hard had some kind of problem editing one system's kext. But we don't know yet.

Edited by bilbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bilbo said:

@antonio.clb , yep. If you open Legacyx86PlattformPlugin.kext, you'll see a plist with the macmini policies (for Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED ) named under Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 which inject it, overriding the original. This, basically avoid editing the original kext. You did it twice, manually, as you noted, and automatically, with the Legacyx86PlattformPlugin.kext. If you did it correctly, everything is ok. You don't need restore anything. Only is good to know for the next time and save one step.  My assumption is that harry hard had some kind of problem editing one system's kext. But we don't know yet.

Thanks a lot bilbo, I'll give it a try at the next major update!

8 minutes ago, amadeusex said:

@bilbo 

I'm using the 6.1 mac-pro Smbios.

@antonio.clb

I can't say anything about CPU friend so far because I've never used it.

It looks good though especially since PikerAlpha ceased development.

We have to give it a spin I guess.

I thought you were using it, maybe I misunderstand one of your replies... ^__^

I'll try to experiment with it in my (little) spare time and keep you informed.

Pike has gone trough many tragedies in the last few years, hope he find some peace in the US.

Best regards to everybody!

AC

• Like 1