[Guide 2018] Z820 - HIGH SIERRA, The great guide (Sucess)

bilbo

607 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, jack.avenger said:

Clover developers recommend always using the latest version of clover. 

Untitled.jpeg.0829f78f4bf2448d4d82be4046ad2dfe.jpeg

My clover configuration have no differences in configs for Sierra/High Sierra/Mojave. Folders 10.12 / 10.13 / 10.14 are empty, and no modifications on /System/Library/Extension and /System/Library. But my Z620 have only one Ivy Bridge CPU. 

Hello Jack!

I forgot that new Clover versions have the APFS loader driver embedded, thanks for the remainder.

Yesterday I,ve installed a standalone latest Clover on the test SSD used (a CCC clone of my NVMe one) and made a couple of additional tests but PM is still not working using kexts from HS and a fresh SSDT. Hope to find more time for testing in the next few days.

Hope 10.14 patches from stinga11 will come too...

Best regards.

AC

On 11/1/2018 at 10:48 AM, jack.avenger said:

Hi, Antonio!

I'm using CPUFriend to make PM working, not stinga11. I don't test it with SandyBridge cpu. 

Here is my clover folder: CLOVER_Z620_HighSierra_Mojave.zip

I didin't know about CPUFriend... It looks cool, thanks a lot!

I'll make some tests as soon as NVIDIA drivers will be realeased: my GTX 1050 Ti sucks without them!

Best regards.

AC

On 2018/10/17 at PM11点45分, amadeusex said:

他们和我的朋友很亲密,是的,混合的拉姆可能是罪魁祸首,但没有人给出关于基准的信息...... :) 

Is the memory channel problem, if you use 4 channels of memory, your score will be very beautiful, I test the difference between single channel and 3 channel on the Z800 is 50%

Hi.

I followed the instructions provided. Setup boots fine, but i dont see any physical hard drives. I have ssd and hdd. Bios v3.94 is set to disk rom efi in advanced setup.

Any hints on why that could be?

Edited by Vinsik

8 hours ago, Vinsik said:

Hi.

I followed the instructions provided. Setup boots fine, but i dont see any physical hard drives. I have ssd and hdd. Bios v3.94 is set to disk rom efi in advanced setup.

Any hints on why that could be?

Double check that your HDD/SSD interface is configured to AHCI on BIOS.

12 hours ago, antonio.clb said:

Double check that your HDD/SSD interface is configured to AHCI on BIOS.

Hi, Thanks for your answer.

Yes it is set to AHCI. I am using clover Clover_v2.4k_r4722 and bilbo's stuff package for high sierra,

so i took ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi from there.

Edited by Vinsik

3 hours ago, Vinsik said:

Hi, Thanks for your answer.

Yes it is set to AHCI. I am using clover Clover_v2.4k_r4722 and bilbo's stuff package for high sierra,

so i took ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi from there.

Please fire up a terminal, write the following:

diskutil list

and post the output here.

2 hours ago, antonio.clb said:

Please fire up a terminal, write the following:

diskutil list

and post the output here.

It shows the same as DiskUtility, only USB stick and EFI virtual drive. (also a lot of small disk images (loop mounts)).

Ill try to format usb stick, install clover and configure config.plist again, maybe that will help.

Seems silly that im the only one stuck at disk detection problem :)

UPDATE: tried to rebuild USB stick. no success. still no visible drives. I guess its the newest bios firmware then...

20181112_122031a.jpg

Edited by Vinsik

1 hour ago, jack.avenger said:

Please check that you are using gray SATA connector.

Ok ill try. Was this mentioned in previous bilbos posts. I didnt notice this before.

Edited by Vinsik

18 hours ago, jack.avenger said:

Please check that you are using gray SATA connector.

Hi, Thanks this helped.

Now solving issues with NVIDIA QUADRO 4000

Edited by Vinsik

Hi.

Can you guys help me out a bit.

I have trouble booting with nvidia web drivers. I followed bilbos instructions but no luck.

Boot prosess is stuck at windowserver dylv problem.

I can boot into os with nv_disable=1 option normally with 1200x1024 res.

Its like the driver does not see th card.

Any advice what to do next?

I have nvidia quadro 4000

Thanks in advance.

ADDON: im stuck at 

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x .. that keeps rolling over and over.

Edited by Vinsik

Black screen problem. Maybe a connector problem. Are you using two monitors? connectors? There a know issue with two monitors, and dvi + any other connector (I had this problem).

About sata connector, I think we talked about it in el capitan or in Sierra's thread. But you are right, I missed that part in this guide. I'll fix.

Edited by bilbo

Hi! . Again, I have been busy these days. I have almost ready some update for he guide. But, before, I'd like test the new SSDT-UIAC-ALL for manage the usb2 ports, specially usb3 ports. This ssdt is not related to usb3, but I had some issue with them, making some mistake during the edition. Weird. For the rest of ports, all should works fine.

So download and test it. Specially, jack.avenger . It will be usefull if the new ports make work the internal ports rightly.

SSDT-UIAC-ALL_new_for_test.zip

Edited by bilbo

8 hours ago, bilbo said:

Black screen problem. Maybe a connector problem. Are you using two monitors? connectors? There a know issue with two monitors, and dvi + any other connector (I had this problem).

About sata connector, I think we talked about it in el capitan or in Sierra's thread. But you are right, I missed that part in this guide. I'll fix.

In this first install and configure stage i try to keep it simple. Only one monitor connected to DP with adapter for hdmi cable. I have tried DVI connector too with same monitor.

So far i tried to reinstall NVIDIA and CUDA drivers in different orders and emuefi. Updated lilu and whatevergreen kexts. Changed pci slot. Only way i can boot into os is with nv_disable=1 with {censored} res.

Followed  instructions on what tty on 4 different threads related to nvidia and IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x issue.

so im running out of options.

Today ill try to browse tge bios one more time and try to swap nvidia card to k600. Ill post my clover here a bit later to see, maybe i messed something up.

thanks.

13 hours ago, Vinsik said:

Today ill try to browse tge bios one more time and try to swap nvidia card to k600. Ill post my clover here a bit later to see, maybe i messed something up.

K600 should work out of box. I tried K600 and 410 (it's Kepler too) on Sierra/High Sirra/Mojave. Work fine even without web drivers. 

I have upgraded GOP on both cards, I don't know if it matters. 

On 11/13/2018 at 4:45 PM, Vinsik said:

Hi.

Can you guys help me out a bit.

I have trouble booting with nvidia web drivers. I followed bilbos instructions but no luck.

Sorry. no idea about the problem. Did you check the enable SIP temporaly step? It seems a needless step but it seems is important.

I think it could be due to an specific problem of that card model. It´s an old model. I searched about it and I found same problems with quadro 4000.

Anyway, for quadro models, the web driver its not essential. They work out-of-the-box. I had a K5000 and it worked perfectly with native apple drivers. My advice is uninstall the webdriver to revert to apple drivers, check if you have graphic acceleration (I'm sure that you'll have it), and install cuda if you need it. And done.

Edited by bilbo

Hello,

Thank you for your guide, it was last November when I first found it and setup my Z820 on el Capitan, I ran the system for 1 year with generally great success. 

My problems over the last 1 year of Z820 + 10.11 in this configuration:

* I have 2 x E5 2680 v2

* I did the AICPUPM patch as described

* power States work, speedstep/turbo all OK

* I never got sound to work, used a Creative Labs USB Play (which is perfect)

* USB3 never worked, I got a PCIe USB3 card, and all was fine

I must say Thank you for the guide, the Z820 has been totally stable (once booted) and I've done a LOT of productive work on this machine.  

Now, the problem:

If I have the system off, and I power on - 50% of the time I will get a "reboot" once it loads the AICPUPMI/MSR_PLATFORM_INFO

If I power it off, and power on, 50% of the time it will reboot again, otherwise it will boot the OS fine

I have noticed that this is GREATLY exacerbated when I boot Windows from another disk, it could take 10-15 reboots to get into MacOS after a windows session

As a result, I rarely reboot the machine and even more rarely use Windows

--

Now, I am forced to use Windows for some work "bare metal" that can't be done via VMware in Mac.  

I know that El Capitan is old, so was thinking to use your guide once again to get to High Sierra.

Before reading the guide, I purchased 2 x E5-2637v2 processors (3,5Ghz) and used the E5-2680v2's in a server.. 

So, now I have a question:  Is it possible, to use the E5-2637v2 processors with High Sierra or with Sierra?  If I'm going to do all this work again I'd rather use the latest OS and go to High Sierra so I don't have to think about this for 1-2 yrs again.  

Thank you again for your work, much appreciated (really)

5 hours ago, bilbo said:

Sorry. no idea about the problem. Did you check the enable SIP temporaly step? It seems a needless step but it seems is important.

I think it could be due to an specific problem of that card model. It´s an old model. I searched about it and I found same problems with quadro 4000.

Anyway, for quadro models, the web driver its not essential. They work out-of-the-box. I had a K5000 and it worked perfectly with native apple drivers. My advice is uninstall the webdriver to revert to apple drivers, check if you have graphic acceleration (I'm sure that you'll have it), and install cuda if you need it. And done.

Hi.

Thanks for reply. I bought a gtx 1050 ti card and now nvidia drivers work fine. Next ill struggle with ddst patches to get sound, Usb3 and pm to work. 

Thanks guys. Ill ask for more help soon :)

ps. I have tried to set inject audio 28 and macos failed to boot. Kextd stall issue. I guess its the ddst patching that i didnot do yet.

Edited by Vinsik