[Guide 2018] Z820 - HIGH SIERRA, The great guide (Sucess)

bilbo

607 posts in this topic

Thank you jack :) . Indeed, 3.92 was for fix meltdown/spectre, as I know, with a bit of few performance . As you, I'm not interested. Don´t play with bios upgrades only for that. It´s only to complete the patched dsdt. If someone is interested , can post their bios when it´s needed. It's enough with your current system.

I'm stay in 3.90 because the soft which I work needs certain certification, and this is the last bios certified. It would work in 3.91, but I prefer avoid problems. Anyway, our dear Z820 are outdated , and the developed for them are stopped and last bios updates are irrelevant (in my opinion). So, I'm not worry about this.

Btw, this soft is not working in High Sierra (graphic problem). I have to stay in Sierra by the moment. :huh:

12 minutes ago, bilbo said:

If someone is interested , can post their bios when it´s needed.

Tomorrow I'll post my Z620 v3.91 bios. Z620 DSDT needs one more simple syntax patch.

I you include it, this guide will cover also Z620 and Z420 computers. 

Z620 have different USB map. Have you plan to support Z620/Z420 ?

BTW: With SSDT-UIAC-ALL from "Z820 Sierra guide" internal USB connectors din't work.

16 minutes ago, jack.avenger said:

Tomorrow I'll post my Z620 v3.91 bios. Z620 DSDT needs one more simple syntax patch.

BTW: With SSDT-UIAC-ALL from "Z820 Sierra guide" internal USB connectors din't work.

Now that you mentioned that ... I'm using the SSDT-UIAC-ALL on high Sierra and the front (and most likely the back) usb 3 ports don't work.

Because of the current installation of High Sierra and all the troubleshooting I (still) have a usb hub connected to the front usb2 port on which both keyboard and mouse are hooked up. If try to plug it (the hub) into the front usb3 ports with HS running I get a immediate crash.

Anyone else with that problem ?

28 minutes ago, jack.avenger said:

well , I was talking about z820 bios ;) .But I can include dsdt from z620 of course. Send me the originals too.

About SSDT-UIAC-ALL , it needs a "physical" test , plugin and un-pluging one usb device to every usb port . So, I'd need a Z620 at home :lol: . Tomorrow I can give you a detailed "how-to" .. but I'll need make an effort to remember how I did it

4 minutes ago, amadeusex said:

Because of the current installation of High Sierra and all the troubleshooting I (still) have a usb hub connected to the front usb2 port on which both keyboard and mouse are hooked up. If try to plug it (the hub) into the front usb3 ports with HS running I get a immediate crash.

Only with High Sierra?. ssdt-uic-all works in Sierra?

I have to test it, But I think I don´t have problems with usb ports in High Sierra

Edited by bilbo

26 minutes ago, amadeusex said:

Now that you mentioned that ... I'm using the SSDT-UIAC-ALL on high Sierra and the front (and most likely the back) usb 3 ports don't work.

Anyone else with that problem ?

Z620: No any problems with USB under Sierra/High Sierra/Mojave. All three systems are using the same clover settings and the same kexts set. 

35 minutes ago, bilbo said:

About SSDT-UIAC-ALL , it needs a "physical" test , plugin and un-pluging one usb device to every usb port . So, I'd need a Z620 at home :lol: . Tomorrow I can give you a detailed "how-to" .. but I'll need make an effort to remember how I did it

No, thank you. For my Z620 I found ready-to use SSDT-UIAC-ALL file in your's "Z820 Sierra guide" topic. For Z820 I added only one internal port, which I need to connect my "Fenvi FV-T919 WiFi/Bluetooth 4 PCIe Card". 

Also I think I found latest and most complete information about USB on Hackintosh (it's in Russian). But I'm currently too busy to read and try this.

Hi, bilbo. 

Got  ACPI_origin_Z620_v3_91.zip

Please add into Z820-SyntaxErrors patch to fix warning "Not all control paths return a value (_L08)"

into method label _L08 parent_label \_GPE insert
begin
Return (Zero)
end;

I'm don't know what does method _L08 do. I'm not familiar with DSDT at all. I'm just used one of bilbo's patches as example and made warning to disapear 

Thank for the translation, Rockey ;) . Interensting as general knowledgement. I followed the guide of rehabman to do the port discovering. It's long and elaborated gide, but , It can be followed just in a few and easy steps.

On 10/19/2018 at 12:34 AM, jack.avenger said:

For my Z620 I found ready-to use SSDT-UIAC-ALL file in your's "Z820 Sierra guide" topic. For Z820 I added only one internal port, which I need to connect my "Fenvi FV-T919 WiFi/Bluetooth 4 PCIe Card". 

When I thought in your comment, I realized of my mistake. I don't have any device attached (card reader, usb extra hub...) to any of those internal usb2 devices, so I miss them in my test. I repeated the test , and I tried to use the frontal usb2 internal connector (the yellow one), but it's not the same pines. So , I can't connect anything.

4-5zub-ud222.jpg

The frontal USB2 is connected to yellow connector. That is "HP23"

We would need find out the lab of the next blue connectors. I've taken a look to your z420/620 ssdt and your comments in Sierra's thread. HP23 seems to be common. If they are the same in Z820, my guess is they could be HP22 , HP26, and one more , (24? 25?). What is the label of your extra internal port added to z820's ssdt ?

If they were commons, we could build a common ssdt for 820, z620 and 420.

4 specific rear connectors  for z820

4 specific rear connectors for 620 and 420

4 front connectors , common for all of them

total= 12 , less than 15.

Btw, for your z620, taking a look to the ssdt, I saw an important difference. The rear ports are HP11 to HP14. In z820, they are from HP15, to HP18. I think that is because you lost "internal" (maybe did you mean "rear" ?) usb ports of your Z620.

(PS: I.m working in update the guide wit all our last extra-info)

Edited by bilbo

6 hours ago, bilbo said:

The frontal USB2 is connected to yellow connector. That is "HP23"

We would need find out the lab of the next blue connectors. I've taken a look to your z420/620 ssdt and your comments in Sierra's thread. HP23 seems to be common. If they are the same in Z820, my guess is they could be HP22 , HP26, and one more , (24? 25?). What is the label of your extra internal port added to z820's ssdt ?

HP14

IMG_1965.thumb.JPG.d629256e1249d41c14b68bccb3e90aa6.JPG

SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml

Next week I will receive USB wire harness, and will try to discover all internal ports on Z620/Z820.

Edited by jack.avenger

Bilbo,

I'm running into a road block with the power management portion of your guide on my z820. I don't get what I'm missing. Thanks in advance! Your guide is great!! 

======================

ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9  Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl

v6.6  Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen

v21.5 Copyright (c) 2013-2018 by Pike R. Alpha

-----------------------------------------------------------

Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <

System information: Mac OS X 10.14 (18A391)

Brandstring: "Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 0 @ 2.00GHz"

Override value: (-cpus) number of processors, now using: 2!

Override value: (-p) processor model, now using: E5-2650!

Override value: (-x) XCPM mode, now set to: 1!

Override value: (-target) CPU, now using: Sandy Bridge!

Override value: (-turbo) maximum (turbo) frequency, now using: 2800 MHz!

Override value: (-c) CPU workarounds, now set to: 3!

Override value: CPU type changed, now using: Ivy Bridge!

Override value: (-mode) script mode changed to custom!

grep: /Users/aaroncurtis/Library/ssdtPRGen/ACPI/SSDT*.aml: No such file or directory

Version: models.cfg v171 / Sandy Bridge.cfg v150

Warning: No ACPI Processor declarations found in DSDT!

Using assumed Scope (\_SB) {}

Error: Processor name(s) not found ...

Aborting ...

Done.

======================

That is the warning about what I talked throughout the guide :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Blckout0099 said:

Warning: No ACPI Processor declarations found in DSDT!

Easy to fix: (from the guide)

On 10/7/2018 at 8:56 PM, bilbo said:
  • So: If you didn´t it , you need extract the ssdt again. Reboot and press F4 in clover boot screen.

You will find the acpi tables in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/ORIGINAL.

• Copy the SSDT1-cpu-def file and the apic.aml file to desktop. Rename the ssdt to dsdt.aml. It’s fake, of course. We will cheat ssdtPRgen. Now, we are ready to generate the script. Delete them when you finished the process.

... and add the argument  -mode custom to the script.

You should get rid of the error. If you read some error on the output , post your script syntax and the output. Like Jack says, the output doesn't seem coherent with the cpu model.

Edited by bilbo

Bilbo you rock. I must have stared at that for WAY too long. Everything is working great! I even got my display (frame buffer) outputs patched and have all 5 working display outs. WOOT! But I do have one other small problem, I don't get. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS I have used in every hackintosh ever, since the kx audio driver was made years and years ago. I literally had this working in High Sierra and Mojave on a different hackintosh (Lenovo Thinkstation S30 Xeon E5 1620). And just so I wasn't crazy, I put it back in and it still worked in the old hackintosh. But I can't get the kext to actually load to save my life. The card is detected. I've never had to do anything other than install the driver. I even tried the modified (with extra functions) from Insanely Mac, same result. Won't load. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, again! I have never had such a 100% working hackintosh, and I've played with Hacks since the Tiger/Leopard days. 

Screen Shot 1.png

Screen Shot 2.png

Nevermind guys.... Sigh. This has something to do with AppleHPET.kext? I removed FixHPET from Clover, and deleted AppleHPET.kext. I have no idea what that kext is, or why it would break the card kext initializing. Do you guys know? Do I need it? I found the "solution" here... https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/creative-sound-blaster-audigy-2-working-in-10-11.194905/

Thanks again guys!

Edited by Blckout0099
Fixed

Here is internal port mapping for Z820.

imageproxy.php.jpeg

Please note that port HP11 overlapped by PRT1. PRT1 defined here for our "MacPro6,1" : /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist

plist.jpeg.f65a4147f27706ff4659f684672a448f.jpeg

Edited by jack.avenger
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2018 at 11:41 PM, Blckout0099 said:

Nevermind guys.... Sigh. This has something to do with AppleHPET.kext? I removed FixHPET from Clover, and deleted AppleHPET.kext. I have no idea what that kext is, or why it would break the card kext initializing. Do you guys know? Do I need it? I found the "solution" here... https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/creative-sound-blaster-audigy-2-working-in-10-11.194905/

Glad to hear that everything is working. About AppleHPET , I don't know exactly what this kext does. It's always related to audio, but sometimes I've read something about usb. So, be sure that your usb ports are working after apply that fix.  I enabled the HPET patch in clover because I had random KP a few seconds after boot without this option (from el Capitan. In my opinion is weird that a native kext needs to be deleted. Anyway, if the tip works for your card and more people use this tip... ok. Only one advice: Don't delete the kext entirely from your system. Keep a (compressed) copy , to revert your system, just in case.

Btw, finally, is working your soundcard?

On 10/28/2018 at 3:47 PM, jack.avenger said:

Here is internal port mapping for Z820.

Great !!! Thank you Jack!!!! :thumbsup_anim:. I'll include this in the ssdt-uiac to test it. I've been testing with different edits of this ssdt, and it needs test it carefully, because I've had some issue with usb3 ports.

Edited by bilbo

19 minutes ago, bilbo said:

Glad to hear that everything is working. About AppleHPET , I don't know exactly what this kext does. It's always related to audio, but sometimes I've read something about usb. So, be sure that your usb ports are working after apply that fix.  I enabled the HPET patch in clover because I had random KP a few seconds after boot without this option (from el Capitan. In my opinion is weird that a native kext needs to be deleted. Anyway, if the tip works for your card and more people use this tip... ok. Only one advice: Don't delete the kext entirely from your system. Keep a (compressed) copy , to revert your system, just in case.

Btw, is working your soundcard?

YES! Both internal/built in sound from the motherboard and my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS are fully working. Its weird that the MB sound would work with HPET but somehow not the Sound Blaster. According to the at thread link I found the solution on, HPET is a common issue for HP's, which would explain why it was never a problem with my x79 hackintosh on my Lenovo S30. But still, weird. Also, yes, my USB 2.0 and even 3.0 are fully functioning. So disabling that kext seems to be completely moot. Idk, only time will tell if something else creeps up from it. Thanks again though! I really do appreciate your guide, and help! :) 

Guys,

I have an unrelated question, and I don't see any mention of it while googling and checking the various forums... Do your guys monitors immediately sleep if you lock your screen? The screens stay awake if I just let the screen saver come on (at any interval), but if I choose Apple Menu then lock screen all of my screens immediately goto sleep. They immediately wake too so its not a big deal, its just kinda dumb. I'd like to see the screensaver for a few minutes or something. I'm in an enterprise environment, so I always lock my screen out of habit. Idk, any thoughts? I don't believe it related to anything with this video card, or this hack install, or this pc even. Maybe its just a Mac thing? Thanks guys!

Edited by Blckout0099

How to make kext for Intel82574L:

In file /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/I ntel82574L.kext/Contents/info.plist

replace 

<key>IOClass</key>
<string>Intel82574L</string>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x104b8086 0x10f68086</string>
<key>IOPCISecondaryMatch</key>
<string>0x00008086 0x00000000</string>

to

<key>IOClass</key>
<string>Intel82574L</string>
<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x156f8086 0x15708086 0x153a8086 0x153b8086 0x15598086 0x155a8086 0x15a08086 0x15a18086 0x15a28086 0x15a38086 0x10968086 0x10988086 0x10ba8086 0x10bb8086 0x10cc8086 0x10cd8086 0x10ce8086 0x10de8086 0x10df8086 0x15258086 0x15018086 0x10498086 0x104a8086 0x104b8086 0x104c8086 0x104d8086 0x10c48086 0x10c58086 0x10bd8086 0x10bf8086 0x10c08086 0x10c28086 0x10c38086 0x10cb8086 0x10e58086 0x10f58086 0x294c8086 0x105e8086 0x105f8086 0x10608086 0x10a48086 0x10a58086 0x10bc8086 0x10d58086 0x10d98086 0x10da8086 0x107d8086 0x107e8086 0x107f8086 0x10b98086 0x108b8086 0x108c8086 0x109a8086 0x10d38086 0x10ea8086 0x10eb8086 0x10ef8086 0x10f08086 0x15028086 0x15038086 0x150c8086</string>

Intel82574.png.7a679d2dbbeadd60e74b88d692c9a34f.png

source

Mine kext work from Clover, because I don't like to modify something in /System/Library/Extensions.

Also there is a way to reprogram your NIC Device ID's, but I'm didn't try it.

Intel82574L.kext.zip

Edited by jack.avenger
  • Thanks 1

Hello everybody!

I had some spare time to test a 10.13.6 to 10.14.1 upgrade on my Z620 with overall good results.

Downloaded full Mojave installation package and launched it: two reboots then no volume in Clover boot screen. I've fixed this by installing ApfsDriverLoader.efi from https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleSupportPkg/releases

During this process it's mandatory to disable (drop) your SSDT.aml to avoid KP on boot.

It's easy if you follow these steps:

1) on Clover boot screen select "Options";

2) select "ACPI patching";

3) select "Tables dropping";

4) scroll down and select "Drop SSDT.aml";

5) go back to the first screen and boot your Mojave installation.

Unfortunately no NVIDIA drivers yet and the https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update patch didn't work for my card (GTX 1050 Ti) showing black screen (no signal). It could be a matter of Lilu/NvidiaGraphicsFixup (now WhateverGreen) kexts but my spare time is running out... Oddly, when trying to connect via VNC, I can see the login screen but everything is locked (no mouse/keyboard).

I think that, by following the usual procedure, PM can be easily activated but, once again, I didn't have time to try.

Here's my procedure:

Spoiler

1) sudo perl AICPMPatch.pl /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement --patch
2) sudo ./10.13\ aicpm\ patch.command
3) insert MacMini StepContextDict:
macmini6,2 StepContextDict is here:
/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED.plist
and you should insert it here (I use to tag this file with a color to see if it changes after a system update):
/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist

4) copy APIC.aml e SSDT-1-CpuDef.aml renaming it in DSDT.aml on Desktop (dump it with F4 on Clover while booting)
5) recompile DSDT.AML fixing various problems as per bilbo's guide (patch 1, 2 and 3)
6) install compiled DSDT.aml on CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder
7) download Pike's ssdtPRGen:
curl -o ./ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/Beta/ssdtPRGen.sh
8) ./ssdtPRGen.sh -cpus 2 -p 'E5-2670' -x 1 -target 0 -turbo 3300 -c 3 -cpus 2 -l 32 -mode custom -d 3
9) install generated SSDT.aml on CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder
10) Install X79PlatformPlugin.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/
11) sudo ./InsanelyRepairPermission -r /Volumes/macOS\ SSD

If you experience boot problems, drop SSDT.AML on Clover boot screen

Obviously, when NVIDIA drivers will be released, I'll try again with the full update and keep you informed.

Happy Hackintoshing! ^__^

EDIT: Lilu updated to 1.2.8, NvidiaGraphicsFixup removed and WhateverGreen 1.2.4 installed. High Sierra boots fine! Now Mojave with patched NVIDIA drivers boots too (no more black screen) but without graphics acceleration (as expected). Waiting for NVIDIA drivers... ^__^

AC

Edited by antonio.clb

8 hours ago, antonio.clb said:

... no volume in Clover boot screen. I've fixed this by installing ApfsDriverLoader.efi from https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleSupportPkg/releases

Clover developers recommend always using the latest version of clover. 

Untitled.jpeg.0829f78f4bf2448d4d82be4046ad2dfe.jpeg

My clover configuration have no differences in configs for Sierra/High Sierra/Mojave. Folders 10.12 / 10.13 / 10.14 are empty, and no modifications on /System/Library/Extension and /System/Library. But my Z620 have only one Ivy Bridge CPU. 

Edited by jack.avenger