[Guide 2018] Z820 - HIGH SIERRA, The great guide (Sucess)

bilbo

607 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, bilbo said:

¿?¿?¿? .. :blink::).

Yes sure. If you have your dsdt, ssdts, and kexts , is easier. .  Install, reboot, install clover, reboot, install nvidia, reboot, copy files to efi folder, except ssdt of PM, reboot, and finally PM (with appleintleinfo already generated). You would keep the aicpm kext also patched but I recommend patch the original, just in case.  In my tests I did it 10 min.

I have this to plug in my systems SSD in the frontal panel. (win, linux, mac) . It allows extract them with one click.

Icy-Dock-ToughArmor-MB699VP-B-4-Bay-U2-N

and this to plugin to my laptop in emergecy cases

LD0003806791_2.jpg

best invent ever. :angel_not:

Classy :thumbsup_anim: 

vinsik , the score in geekbench 3 of my 2630v2 was 2801 in singlecore and 33012 in multicore.  In cinebench 2015 , cpu score: 1491

I don´t keep any test with geekbench 4. Keep in mind this and no compare scores between v3 and v4. The complete specs were 2630v2 dual cpu, 32 gb ram and quadro K5000 .

Edited by bilbo

5 hours ago, bilbo said:

vinsik , the score in geekbench 3 of my 2630v2 was 2801 in singlecore and 33012 in multicore.  In cinebench 2015 , cpu score: 1491

I don´t keep any test with geekbench 4. Keep in mind this and no compare scores between v3 and v4. The complete specs were 2630v2 dual cpu, 32 gb ram and quadro K5000 .

Something is off then. I got 2800 single and 21300 multicore score. On geekbench3. Allthough  I tested with 32bit tester because its free.

14 hours ago, bilbo said:

¿?¿?¿?.. :眨::)

是的,确定。如果您有dsdt,ssdts和kexts,则更容易。安装,重启,安装三叶草,重启,安装nvidia,重启,将文件复制到efi文件夹,除了PM的ssdt,重启,最后PM(已生成appleintleinfo)。你会保持aicpm kext也修补但我建议修补原件,以防万一。在我的测试中,我做了10分钟。

我有这个在前面板插入我的系统SSD。(win,linux,mac)。它允许一键提取它们。

冰冷坞-ToughArmor-MB699VP-B-4-湾-U2-N

这是在emergecy案件中插入我的笔记本电脑

LD0003806791_2.jpg

最好的发明。 :angel_not:

Like mine, on the front panel, linux, mac, win7, run,50 dollars

Interesting info, pyngeyes. What linux distro are you using?

Vinsik, no. I used to don´t try it with any SO until last version is released. I'm not interested struggling with the system after minor update, security update, or nvidia driver, much less without nvidia driver .  The reports of the users are enough for me to know things about mojave.  Comparing Sierra guide and HighSierra guide (90% changes due to an improve of the guide by itself, 10% real changes due to differences between Sierra and High Sierra) . If someone is interesting in Mojave, I guess that this guide with an updated versions of some kexts will be enough. Maybe except PM, because the patches are specific for each version (I think)

Edited by bilbo

32 minutes ago, bilbo said:

Interesting info, pyngeyes. What linux distro are you using?

Vinsik, no. I used to don´t try it with any SO until last version is released. I'm not interested struggling with the system after minor update, security update, or nvidia driver, much less without nvidia driver .  The reports of the users are enough for me to know things about mojave.  Comparing Sierra guide and HighSierra guide (90% changes due to an improve of the guide by itself, 10% real changes due to differences between Sierra and High Sierra) . If someone is interesting in Mojave, I guess that this guide with an updated versions of some kexts will be enough. Maybe except PM, because the patches are specific for each version (I think)

HighSierra, Mojave almost the same process, I work under cent os7.4, everything is normal, including Thunderbolt is still working out of the box

3 minutes ago, bilbo said:

好。你是怎么得到三叶草启动的?我找到了从centos到clover文件夹的复制efi文件夹的提示。它有效,但我不知道有更好的提示。

I upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave without any changes, all according to your teaching operations, FakeSMC.kext replaced to version 1800, config.plist or yours, no change.

12 minutes ago, bilbo said:

好。你是怎么得到三叶草启动的?我找到了从centos到clover文件夹的复制efi文件夹的提示。它有效,但我不知道有更好的提示。

I popped centos when I started mac. I popped mac when I used centos. I think it is very convenient outside.

4 minutes ago, bilbo said:

杀出?抱歉。我不明白你。你的意思是你在物理上弹出磁盘吗?

有一个提示在三叶草中包含一个centos条目,并始终将macos hd保持为启动盘。

Yes, it pops up physically, I am used to doing this, I think it is safer.

OK. Just one question more. What graphic card do you have? I had a lot of problems with 1080ti and graphical boot installation from centos usb. Only text mode show up. I'm unable to install centos in text mode. I had to remove the 1080 and plug in again my quadro K5000 to boot with anaconda. I wonder if it is a generic issue with this 10x0 models (or TI models) what. I woudn't like repeat the same if I had to reinstall centos. As I told in Sierra´s thread,  I almost broke the z820 (blessed recovery jumper tip).

1 hour ago, bilbo said:

好。只有一个问题。你有什么图形卡?从centos usb到1080ti和图形启动安装我遇到了很多问题。仅显示文本模式。我无法在文本模式下安装centos。我不得不删除1080并再次插入我的quadro K5000以使用anaconda启动。我想知道这个10x0型号(或TI型号)的通用问题是什么。如果我不得不重新安装centos,我不想重复相同的操作。正如我在Sierra帖子中所说,我几乎打破了z820(祝福恢复跳投提示)。

I use k6000, you can try using centos7.4 "flame custom"

@Vinsik: Hi,

I also used the original the original instructions from the High Sierra guide to install Mojave only updating with the latest kexts.  Since there are no updated Nvidia web drivers, I installed Mojave on a second partition of my boot drive so I can keep my current High Sierra install.  

Now both run well, obviously the Mojave is not usable with the graphics acceleration, so I didn't do more than just exploring it so far.

Greetings

On 2018/10/8 at AM2点56分, bilbo said:

为自埃尔卡皮坦时代以来所有这些都没有改变无论如何,以防万一,完全按照原样: 

Why don't we use AppleIntelE1000e.kext? AppleIntelE1000e.kext gives me two port drivers, while IntelMausiEthernet.kext can only drive 82579LM, 82574L is invalid.

2 hours ago, pingyes said:

Why don't we use AppleIntelE1000e.kext? AppleIntelE1000e.kext gives me two port drivers, while IntelMausiEthernet.kext can only drive 82579LM, 82574L is invalid.

Please share kext, ill test it out.

2 hours ago, pingyes said:

Hello!

I'm using AppleIntelE1000e.kext with two NICs working perfectly on my Z620:

58    0 0xffffff7f831b1000 0x18000    0x18000    com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e (3.3.3) E91FCC85-BC82-DA03-A2D4-1F9F661263B4 <15 12 5 4 3 1>

https://sourceforge.net/projects/osx86drivers/files/Kext/Snow_or_Above/

Hi bilbo,

I finished PM setup following your guide strickly,no ERROR and KP.  but something wrong  seems. can you give some advised?  thanks. 
PS:  I patched my z420 DSDT with your patches, everything is perfect on mojave 14.1 except the PM currently. thank you!

Z420/v3.94/ E5-2670 v2/32G/RX580-4G

1.png

2.png

3.png

APIC.aml

dsdt-renamed.aml

ssdt.aml

On 10/16/2018 at 2:07 PM, amadeusex said:

Got some good news Guys :)

PM now fully working here with a Sandy Bridge Dual setup (2xE5 2670 v1).

Geekbench 3 score (32-bit) is around 35000 and Cpu speed step is working from 1.2 up to 3.3 GHz.

What did the trick was

./ssdtPRGen.sh -cpus 2 -p 'E5-2670' -x 1 -target 0 -turbo 3300 -c 3 -mode custom

Whatever else i've tried didn't work (I tried a lot :hysterical:).

My EFI folder for High Sierra z820v1 Dual E5 2670v1

Cheers for that .. part that was failing for me for working PM was the fakecpuid value you have in config.plist .. added that and PM now works .. was pulling my hair out there for a while :)

• Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 2:34 PM, Cass67 said:

Cheers for that .. part that was failing for me for working PM was the fakecpuid value you have in config.plist .. added that and PM now works .. was pulling my hair out there for a while :)

Glad it finally worked out !

Pulling our hair is part of the game here i guess :)