[Guide 2018] Z820 - HIGH SIERRA, The great guide (Sucess)

bilbo

607 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Vinsik said:

Hi.

Thanks for reply. I bought a gtx 1050 ti card and now nvidia drivers work fine. Next ill struggle with ddst patches to get sound, Usb3 and pm to work. 

Thanks guys. Ill ask for more help soon :)

ps. I have tried to set inject audio 28 and macos failed to boot. Kextd stall issue. I guess its the ddst patching that i didnot do yet.

Perfect!! Great news. So, indeed, it seems there is an specific problem with that quadro 4000 and the webdriver

Yes, audio layer 28 works together with the appropiate dsdt patch and kexts. I worked a lot to write the patches only-to-apply-and-ready. I hope all is gonna be allright following the guide. ;)

8 hours ago, 10k300 said:

Hello,

I think it's not worthy that spent your time with your "El capitán". (weird problems) Looking with perspective, that guide is now a kind of beta, with a lot of issues. I strongly recommend you go to High Sierra. Also, this guide is much better and more complete. And, yes, you won´t think in update a few years.

About non x0 cpu models , YES, has been something with no fix during some time. Now , if you read this thread, I could have a patch (a ssdt) to fix it. It has been tested by three users (one in this tread) :whistle:, but I bet that it will work. I have to update the guide with last updates, but I'm terribly buuuusy. I promise update it in the next days.:whistle::rolleyes:

Edited by bilbo

On 11/20/2018 at 7:23 PM, Vinsik said:

ps. I have tried to set inject audio 28 and macos failed to boot. Kextd stall issue. I guess its the ddst patching that i didnot do yet.

I had very slow boot (4-5 minutes) on cheap NVIDIA NVS 300 + AppleALC. I think because AppleALC tries to inject hdmi audio. Without AppleALC.kext system with NVS 300 boots fast. I just throw out NVS and put K600. Maybe you have the same trouble?

10 hours ago, jack.avenger said:

I had very slow boot (4-5 minutes) on cheap NVIDIA NVS 300 + AppleALC. I think because AppleALC tries to inject hdmi audio. Without AppleALC.kext system with NVS 300 boots fast. I just throw out NVS and put K600. Maybe you have the same trouble?

Well i started patching DDST, had some very strange issues. Random reboots, hanging on kextd stall (waited for 5min, then KERNEL_EXTERNAL something crashed), 

but the i started from scratch by pressing F4 in clover boot (i guess i took wrong origin at start),

copying DDST and patching it again, after that inject 28 worked (i used -alcbeta just in case.)

USB3 does not work yet.. haven't got around page 3.

Now that im running almost stable version (without PM), i found that Clover does not inject apple bios correctly.

It shows Apple 127.0.0.0.0, is that ok, any comments, after affects?

Geekbench gives out ~18000 score, so i guess cpu is not optimized. I'll start digging SSDT next to get PM working..

my cpu is E5-2630v2(if any advices, would help, thanks)  I think i saw in boot error that 0x3e cpu not supported for PM.

7 hours ago, bilbo said:

guide updated with our last improves ;)

nice.. now i see the gray connectors :)

Vinsik, remember that in the stuff folder, you'll find a final dsdt patched. I think that is better people patch their dsdt by them self, but you can use it to compare and check your fixes. No need to use -alcbeta bootflag.

Usb3 should work without problems with the  mXHCD-kext . Just remember apply rename device patch to rename the usb3 device in the dsdt.

About clover, it could be a bug. Clover is in a constant developing. Maybe you can report the issue to them.

6 minutes ago, bilbo said:

Vinsik, remember that in the stuff folder, you'll find a final dsdt patched. I think that is better people patch their dsdt by them self, but you can use it to compare and check your fixes. No need to use -alcbeta bootflag.

Usb3 should work without problems with the  mXHCD-kext . Just remember apply rename device patch to rename the usb3 device in the dsdt.

About clover, it could be a bug. Clover is in a constant developing. Maybe you can report the issue to them.

Sorry for the incorrect info on USB3, it was not visible in system report, so i thought its not working.

But connected us stick works, so all good. Also connecting usb2 webcam in the back usb ports works great.

Ok, ill try to upgrade clover test and if fails ill report the issue.

(btw, i have applied AGDPfix.app patch when i was struggling with nvidia quadro 4000, maybe that broke something? It patched AppleGraphicsControl.kext)

I don´t think so. AGDP.fix fixes graphic policies for 6,1 smbios directly in AppleGraphicsControl.kext. We did that manually (el capitan years) , and this patch is only one script to do automatically. Nowadays , NvidiaGraphicsFixup  (now WhateverGreen.kext ) does same job performing an injection and overriding the original AppleGraphicsControl.kext ). Much better, simple and elegance. But that's all.

My first attempt on getting PM to work failed. Got a lot of Unknown states C1,C2, etc..

Then LiLu gives some weird error on prelinked kernel, and system reboots.

Ill try again later this week. Cpu i have is E5-2630v2, so it should be supported for PM, right?

7 hours ago, Vinsik said:

My first attempt on getting PM to work failed. Got a lot of Unknown states C1,C2, etc..

Then LiLu gives some weird error on prelinked kernel, and system reboots.

Ill try again later this week. Cpu i have is E5-2630v2, so it should be supported for PM, right?

Lilu is not related with PM. It sound like a issue rebuilding cache and fix permissions after edit the AICPUPM kext. Be specially carefully with this step. I had same issue because I forget it :whistle:. To recover the system, you have boot in single user and do  it manually, but it didn´t work for me. Finally I could do it in other mac computer, and plugin the ssd as an usb disk (I have a sata->usb adapter .. it's very useful!!!) and following this tip.

If not, time to reinstall :(

If you want, in the stuff folder you'll find the Appleintelinfo text and the Appleintelcpupowermanagement already patched for V2 cpus.

Edited by bilbo

2 hours ago, bilbo said:

Lilu is not related with PM. It sound like a issue rebuilding cache and fix permissions after edit the AICPUPM kext. Be specially carefully with this step. I had same issue because I forget it :whistle:. To recover the system, you have boot in single user and do  it manually, but it didn´t work for me. Finally I could do it in other mac computer, and plugin the ssd as an usb disk (I have a sata->usb adapter .. it's very useful!!!) and following this tip.

If not, time to reinstall :(

If you want, in the stuff folder you'll find the Appleintelinfo text and the Appleintelcpupowermanagement already patched for V2 cpus.

I dont think its the AICPUPM.kext, because i can boot via instaa usb.

The issue was ssdt.aml. i removed it and also legacyx86.kext and system boots. Does the ssdt.aml need to be the same name as orinal ? Ssdi-1-cpuref?

Where do i put legacyx86.kext? Efi or /s/l/e?

Edited by Vinsik

SSDT.aml is the generated by ssdtPRGen.sh. No, it´s a new SSDT, different of ssdt1-cpudef.

legacyx86.kext goes to /S/L/E.

I don´t think legacyx86.kext cause the KP. It´s only a kext to override different PM policies into the original kext. So, maybe something is wrong with SSDT. But check first if SSDT is the only cause of KP.  I mean, patch aicpupm.kext, install legacy kext, (fix permissions and rebuild cache) and reboot. If then you have the system running, focus in the ssdt.

Then , about SSDT, my script for ssdtPRGen.sh (from the guide) should to be identical to mine (mine is 2690v2) changing only the cpu model. 2630v2 and numbers of cpus and cores) . It was my prev cpu model and no problem.

On 11/26/2018 at 8:02 PM, bilbo said:

SSDT.aml is the generated by ssdtPRGen.sh. No, it´s a new SSDT, different of ssdt1-cpudef.

legacyx86.kext goes to /S/L/E.

I don´t think legacyx86.kext cause the KP. It´s only a kext to override different PM policies into the original kext. So, maybe something is wrong with SSDT. But check first if SSDT is the only cause of KP.  I mean, patch aicpupm.kext, install legacy kext, (fix permissions and rebuild cache) and reboot. If then you have the system running, focus in the ssdt.

Then , about SSDT, my script for ssdtPRGen.sh (from the guide) should to be identical to mine (mine is 2690v2) changing only the cpu model. 2630v2 and numbers of cpus and cores) . It was my prev cpu model and no problem.

Well.. after cache-rebuild i cannot get my system to stable for some reason.

When i try to boot from disk i get stuck on apple logo and progress bar with active mouse.

Graphics issue? I can always boot from usb stick...

Tried with SIP enabled/disabled etc.

UPDATE: i reverted back my AICPUPM.kext to original and the same problem still exists. 

Randomly i will get stuck at apple boot logo .. right before login screen. weird, because all should be to the way it were before PM hacking.

When it boots, reboot does not work at all.. and after that cannot boot the first time.

UPDATE2: it is an nVidia graphics issue. Im not sure what happened, but now it does it randomly, then i boot. And its actually not stuck at apple logo, it just wont refresh the screen so its only a visible thing. After mousing and clicking i get login screen , but everything is VERY laggy, cannot see anything i type in terminal, etc.., its like using VNC with bad connection.

Tried to install nvidia drivers via benjamin dobell's nvidia update script.

Lets see what happends next.

UPDATE3: 

I reinstalled macos.. all was good untill i installed hwsensors and fakesmc+sensors. Then the same thing happened again. I have deleted all sensors, and now seems to work again.. 

FIXED by using HWsensors3 https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors3.hwsensors.p/

Edited by Vinsik

i finally got pm to work, but cpu speed did not increase much in geekbench 4. only 21000 multi-score.

AppleIntelInfo.kext v2.9 Copyright © 2012-2017 Pike R. Alpha. All rights reserved.
logIGPU..................................: 0
logCStates...............................: 1
logIPGStyle..............................: 1

CPU Ratio Info:
------------------------------------------
Base Clock Frequency (BLCK)............. : 100 MHz
Maximum Efficiency Ratio/Frequency.......: 12 (1200 MHz)
Maximum non-Turbo Ratio/Frequency........: 26 (2600 MHz)
Maximum Turbo Ratio/Frequency............: 31 (3100 MHz)
P-State ratio * 100 = Frequency in MHz
------------------------------------------
CPU P-States [ (12) 25 29 ]
CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 8 9 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 4 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 (23) 25 29 ]
CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 8 9 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 3 4 6 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 3 4 6 8 9 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 21 23 25 (26) 29 ]
CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 8 9 10 11 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 (19) 21 23 25 26 29 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 16 19 21 23 25 26 29 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 16 19 21 23 24 25 26 (29) ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 16 19 21 22 23 24 25 26 29 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 16 19 21 22 23 24 25 26 29 (30) ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 29 30 ]

Anyway.. thanks bilbo for awesome guide. sorry for a lot of silly questions. It was my first time installing hackintosh. I guess now ill start using it. :)

No worries ;)

When you edit /S/L/E or play installing and uninstalling nvidia drivers and you see that you loose the control of your system, I think the best is reinstall the SO. 25 min waiting having a tea  Vs 3 hours struggling against the machine. So, well done.

On 11/27/2018 at 8:34 AM, Vinsik said:

UPDATE3: 

I reinstalled macos.. all was good untill i installed hwsensors and fakesmc+sensors. Then the same thing happened again. I have deleted all sensors, and now seems to work again..  

FIXED by using HWsensors3 https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors3.hwsensors.p/

This is important: Did you used only  the fake-smc versions provided in the guide? Did they cause the KP?

I have my screens of geekbench with 2630 cpus. Let me search them to compare. Keep in mind that points in geekbench 4 are more expensive in geekbench 3. 

58 minutes ago, bilbo said:

No worries ;)

When you edit /S/L/E or play installing and uninstalling nvidia drivers and you see that you loose the control of your system, I think the best is reinstall the SO. 25 min waiting having a tea  Vs 3 hours struggling against the machine. So, well done.

I actually installed on another ssd. Did step by step and rebooted every step. (Since i did not had to struggle with nvidia this time, it was easier). When the problem hit i rewinded the step back (using usb bootdisk) and checked if that helped. After finding the issue i replaced back the origin ssd and did the same thing, and it worked. 

1 hour ago, bilbo said:

This is important: Did you used only  the fake-smc versions provided in the guide? Did they cause the KP?

I first tried in your stuff folder. Kp even before windowserver. Then i downloaded from the link you provided newest version from github. That resulted in the kp after apple logo.

1 hour of usage, i managed to broke the system. :thumbsup_anim: FUSE for mac os Or Logitech CC broke it.. 

Well , now i will use bilbos smart advice and just reinstall instead of figuring out who/what broke it.

... very sad ...

Wtf ... :huh::rolleyes: Really, any program can break a system. I use wacom driver also,  and, not now, but I installed time ago fuse. I think it can be one permission and cache issue of s/l/e corrupted after install fuse or wacom dirvers. They install kexts . After that, the installers perform one script for fix permissions and rebuild cache and maybe something was wrong. Sometimes, I do it manually after install critical apps. As before, try to boot in single user mode or plug your hd system in other mac as secondary hd and follow the steps that I linked

About wacom,  I had a issue with wacom drivers also. (2 or 3 years ago). Boot frozen (no  KP) after install. By chance, I found that waiting 4 or 5 min, system ended up booting. After search and see how it was a known issue even for real macs , the fix was uninstall the driver and install a previous version. The version I use now is 6.3.29-6.

To use single user mode: (to be honest, this not worked for me with KP, but maybe it will work for you)

In first clover screen , press space with your boot hd selectd. In options screen, activate single user mode option. Space again to exit and enter to boot.

Wait until you see the prompt.

Type

mount - uw /

and then

sudo kextcache -i /

and exit for reboot.

Edited by bilbo

20 minutes ago, bilbo said:

Wtf ... :huh::rolleyes: Really, any program can break a system. I use wacom driver also,  and, not now, but I installed time ago fuse. I think it can be one permission and cache issue of s/l/e corrupted after install fuse or wacom dirvers. They install kexts . After that, the installers perform one script for fix permissions and rebuild cache and maybe something was wrong. Sometimes, I do it manually after install critical apps. As before, try to boot in single user mode or plug your hd system in other mac as secondary hd and follow the steps that I linked

About wacom,  I had a issue with wacom drivers also. (2 or 3 years ago). Boot frozen (no  KP) after install. By chance, I found that waiting 4 or 5 min, system ended up booting. After search and see how it was a known issue even for real macs , the fix was uninstall the driver and install a previous version. The version I use now is 6.3.29-6.

I could boot in multimode with nv_disable=1 boot tag. And i tried recache, reinstall nvidia, remove logitech, remove fuse, etc... but it did not help.

Im just using another fresh installed ssd, where i did the testing with PM KP's.

Question: Security Update 2018-002 that App store is forcing. Will that break something if i update it?

A graphic problem?  really weird

I Think there is no problem with security updates. If you are going to reinstall, as I said in the guide, the best moment is update just after install, after first boot, even before of install clover. Boot after install, configure the net control panel ,and donwnload and apply the update. Keep booting from the usb, and after boot , you'll be at the same point, ready to follow the guide.

The only concern is keep sure that lillo.kext is compatible. Use last version, (maybe It has been updated since I wrote the guide) and try to find if it is compatible with last updates. And be sure that the watevergreen kext version is compatible with the lillu version. Check it out in the watevergreen site. I think that only using last versions is enough

Edited by bilbo

2 hours ago, bilbo said:

A graphic problem?  really weird

I Think there is no problem with security updates. If you are going to reinstall, as I said in the guide, the best moment is update just after install, after first boot, even before of install clover. Boot after install, configure the net control panel ,and donwnload and apply the update. Keep booting from the usb, and after boot , you'll be at the same point, ready to follow the guide.

The only concern is keep sure that lillo.kext is compatible. Use last version, (maybe It has been updated since I wrote the guide) and try to find if it is compatible with last updates. And be sure that the watevergreen kext version is compatible with the lillu version. Check it out in the watevergreen site. I think that only using last versions is enough

Thanks for all the advice. I Really appriciate it.

I tried to update with first boot, but app store did not give any updates. Only after i got pm to work.

All my work did not go to waste, i have working kexts and patches so reinstall and update should be easier now. 

I still have the "broken" os ssd. I can try to salvage it. Just out of curiosity... to figure out the problem. Since i can boot without nvidia...

Just now, Vinsik said:

Only after i got pm to work. 

¿?¿?¿? .. :blink::).

Just now, Vinsik said:

All my work did not go to waste, i have working kexts and patches so reinstall and update should be easier now. 

Yes sure. If you have your dsdt, ssdts, and kexts , is easier. .  Install, reboot, install clover, reboot, install nvidia, reboot, copy files to efi folder, except ssdt of PM, reboot, and finally PM (with appleintleinfo already generated). You would keep the aicpm kext also patched but I recommend patch the original, just in case.  In my tests I did it 10 min.

I have this to plug in my systems SSD in the frontal panel. (win, linux, mac) . It allows extract them with one click.

Icy-Dock-ToughArmor-MB699VP-B-4-Bay-U2-N

and this to plugin to my laptop in emergecy cases

LD0003806791_2.jpg

best invent ever. :angel_not: