[Guide 2018] Z820 - HIGH SIERRA, The great guide (Sucess)

bilbo

606 posts in this topic

THE GREAT GUIDE

HIGH SIERRA + Z820

screen1.pngscreen2.jpg

10/07/2018

*********************************************************************************

————————————————————————————————————————

————————————————————————————————————————

(from El Capitan's guide)

(from Sierra's guide)

Introduction:

Hi everybody. 

Again, a new guide version, updated to High Sierra. I hope it will be useful for you all. This time, the update is easy. Basically, the 100% of Sierra’s guide is still valid for High Sierra. The guide has been updated to update links, kexts versions … etc, and some parts try to be more clear. Just there are some important topic to keep in mind:

1. What's new?.

There is a new and absolute important setting to install High Sierra. We have to activate “legacy ACPI cpu tables” in Advanced Section, in BIOS. Without this option enabled, we will get a KP. 

This option changes completely the structure of the SSDT needed for PM. We have to get rid old SSDT versions, if you extracted them with this option disabled. And all SSDT generated by ssdtPRGen, too. And, if your DSDT has the “SSDT-1-CpuDef” code injected, (following my previous guides, to skip "No ACPI Processor declarations found in the DSDT!" error, (see PM section) ) you will have to delete that part, because the DSDT will cause a KP. A better method is described in this guide. No need of add strange code into DSDT.

2.Can I use my old files from Sierra´s EFI folder?

The most important, yes. You can keep your config.plist and your DSDT(see point N.1) … saving tons of time. You have to use the new drivers64Uefi files installed by new clover version, and update the kexts versions of main kexts. The specific kexts for our dear machine, USB3, Astek driver, remains in same version.Of course, I provide of all links and files (into my stuff folder) in this guide.

3. So, do I Need repeat again every step of this guide?.

If you comes from Sierra´s guide, no. After 1stboot and graphics divers install, you can use your previous files (see point 1.) reboot and jump directly to PM section. 

For new users, Yes, sure.

4. Consider any part of this guide open to discuss.

If you see something wrong, or which could be improved, please, just say it, and I’ll fix it. English is not my native language. If you can’t understand some step, or something could be best written, please, just say it and I’ll fix it too ;)

FOR 26x7 and 26x3 USERS!!!. Finally, there a Fix to this models. It´s under test, but I think it should work. Check out FIRST the last section of this guide.

5. And please, (this is for "anonymous" users) don't PM me with personalquestions. No need for that.Any question can be answered openly.

Ok, let’s go.

PART I

1-BIOS SETUP

This guide is for UEFI systems. This is not important to follow this guide except in Clover installation section. Keep in mind it to adapt some settings if you need use legacy-bios mode. 

If you don’t need any special option, and you have been playing with options, reset the bios to default settings.Later, you will be able to change and test, if you need some specific option. The next section describe the essential options. 

6. The main BIOS options are:

In storage

set ACHI mode (IMPORTANT).

screen3.jpg

Set boot order. UEFI first, (for me), USB first and HD second. 

screen4.jpg

Security : 

Device Security: I like disable unused devices (scu controller and serial port). Optional.

screen5.jpg

Disable Vt-d: Disabled. IMPORTANT. 

screen6.jpg

Secure boot. Disabled (...to boot with non signed OS). 

I use UEFI boot, but I keep legacy support active. This is optional.

screen7.jpg

In Power :

Set Runtimepower management to Enabled. This option will allow Power Management later. About the rest of options, I’m not sure of the impact in performance. Set them by default by the moment. Not important for the guide. Only remeber for further tests that with Pcie Performance Mode enabled, power boost is disabled. Idle Power Savings manage sleep policies.

screen8.jpg

In Advanced:

Set PXE, Storage and Video to EFI. (for me) , or legacy, as your want. If you have a graphic card non EFI-compliant, you can set video in Legacy, keeping an UEFI boot.

Don’t forget set thunderbolt policy in Legacy mode.

screen10.jpg

And Now, the essential setting for High Sierra

-Enable “Legacy ACPI CPU Tables”

screen10b.jpg

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PART II:

INSTALLATION

7- MEDIA CREATION

(This guide assume you have a MacOs running. I have no idea how do it on PC)

-Important: Download HighSierra dmg only from Apple.Don´t use suspicious dmgs or Isos. It’s not longer available to search in Apple Store, since Mojave release. Go to this link, and click in “Get macOS high Sierra” (at mid of the page). It will open the apple store download link. The dmg is downloaded in /Applications folder. Let the file in Applications folder. (and keep one compressed copy for future attempts)

-Format one USB stick with common settings:

screen11.jpg

• Go to erase tab, select GUID partition table in options, and Mac Os Extended (Journaled) as Filesystem. Name the partition as “USB”. Ok to Apply. 

• On a terminal window, type (copy and paste) :

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

• Enter and type your admin password. It will take 10-15 minutes. (When it finish, you’ll see the prompt again)

8. INSTALLING CLOVER.

-Download Clover from here. Version used to make this guide: Clover_v2.4k_r4658.

-Download Clover Configurator from here. It makes easier edit config.plist file and we can use a lot of clover features easily. Now there is a “global edition”

-Download plisteditor pro demo for edit info.plist files.

-Download my High Sierra stuff folder. (at the end of the guide)

-Additional tools: One tool for install kexts, fix permission and rebuild cache. I use Kext helper from rampage’s dmg, although I need always force quit. I don´t like the rest of utilities. This is a personal option. Also you can download  EFI mounter (from download sections of this site). CloverConfigurator mounts EFI too, but maybe with this utility is easier.

-Install Clover in the USB. On first screen, don’t forget change the install location in order to do not install on your Internal HD. Select your USB stick.

• Click on Customize.
  • Choose “Install for UEFI booting only” and “Install Clover in the ESP” as main options (if your system is UEFI-based)
  • This is optional: choose your favorite Theme.
  • In Drivers64UEFI select: Now is longer section. It´s only because is more exact showing the drivers installed. We have to keep selected the default options and add the same additional drivers. Keep in mind two important things: 

-There is a new driver, APFS driver, for the “new” filesystem. This driver is now essential, in order to allow clover “see” HDs formatted with this FS. It´s activated by default. 

-The OSxAptiopnFix2Drv has a new version, v3.

... The conclusion of this long explanation, is that we have to add to the default selection of drivers: 

- EmuVariableUefi-64

- OsxAptionFix3Drv

screen12.jpg

Let the rest of option unselected and Click on Install.

9- CONFIGURE CLOVER

When clover finishes, it will mount EFI partition. Time to modify it. You’ll find all necessary files in my folder. There are three things to modify: config.plist, drivers, and kexts

9.1 Config.plist

The default config.plist is not useful for us. Replace it by mine (folder n.2)

But take a look to options (with clover configurator) to understand my options in order to be able to adapt them for your specs or your preferences. It’s a basic config.plist. I could add more options or fixes. but is a good idea install with minimum options. 

Acpi section.

All fixes in ACPI section has been removed except some minor fixes in 2 subsection, smart ups option, etc. SmartUps it’s not important now, but it will be later. So I prefer activate this option. 

The most important, The rename usb devices patches are included. 

screen13.jpg

Boot section

Bootflags needed are only -v and npci=0x2000. Of course -v is optional only to see the boot process. You can deactivate it when you finish.

screen14.jpg

Any option activated in Boot Graphics/ Cpu/Device/Disable driver

Gui options. These are only personal preferences.

screen15.jpg

Graphics. AnyGraphic injection annd any option activated. At least, no needed for my 1080ti card. Check it out for your card video.

Screen16.jpg

An essential section. Kernels Patches needed.

Screen17.jpg

RT Variables. BooterConfig, and Csr to deactivate security policy in Sierra. The info values are taken from smbios.

Screen18.jpg

SMBIOS.  Set it to Mac Pro 6,1. 

Screen19.jpg

IMPORTANT—>press “generate new” repeatedly to get one random fresh serial number

System parameter: 

Screen20.jpg

9.2 -Drivers64UEFI folder.

As usual, delete VBoxHfs-64driver and replace it by HFSPlus.efi. (from my folder).

screen21.png

9.3 Kexts folder:

Add my Kexts from my stuff to /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/10.13

They are:

screen23.png

These are the versions Updated since Sierra´s guide.

• FakeSMC.kext. If you remember, I have some unexpected KP due to fake smc sensors. Well, I have searched a bit about this, and testing. The main topic is keep the fake smc version and sensors kext of same version or branch. There are several branchs developing              different versions (slice, rehabman, kozleck, etc), after test, and test, I think the most stables and those which gives me best sensor readings is kozeck version. I attach the v1440 from kozleck. In this step I only use FakeSMC kext, withput sensors kexts. Anyway, if you have a better version, use it. Just, don´t forget no use the sensors Kexts. 

• VoodooTSCync.kext, to avoid boot with -x (from rampagdev, dual cpu dmg). You’ll find several versions into my folder.I haven’t noticed any change using the generic or the specific version. I think that is not important for our platform.

The customize method is:

Spoiler

Find out the right number: (([Number of cores] x2) x[number of cpus] -1). 

Two examples:

-for single six-core. ((6x2)x1)-1 = 11

-for double octo-core: ((8x2) x2)-1 = 31

-And opening the info.plist into VoodooTSCync.kext. search this:

<dict>

<key>IOCPUNumber</key>

<integer>1</integer>

</dict>

change the “1” by the calculated number.

The default VoodooTSCync.kext has 1 as the value. Is the recommended value for some cpu models (non Xeon). 

Anyway, I provided the generic version and customized versions for every cpu.

• IntelMausiEthernet.kext . Kext for the ethernet card from rehabman. (2018-0424version). It will allow have internet connection on first boot. 
  • AppleIntelE1000e.kext. Kext for ethernet card from here (2017-10-18 version). (Change of  server if you have problems downloading) <<<< update. Use this better than IntelMausiEthernet.kext

And add to /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/others

screen22.png

• Lilu kext (from here, 1.2.7version) NOTE: The kext for download is available in " LILU-X.X.X-RELEASE.zip" link

• WhateverGreen.kext (from here, 1.2.2 version) old NvidiaGraphicsFixup proyect has been integrated into this proyect. It's useful for nvidia and amd graphics cards.  NOTE: The kext for download is available in " WhateverGreen-X.X.X-RELEASE.zip" link

This couple of kexts avoid black screen booting with 6,1 smbios. Is quite important keep in mind the versions of these kexts keeping the right versions among this kexts. Prior to update some of them, you have to check in original websites if it's is compatible with the rest. These versions are ready to work with 10.13.6. 

Thats all. We have our usb installer ready. Copy in a folder all stuff necessary to repeat the process and copy it to the USB stick. You will have it available after first boot.

Reboot from the USB stick and install High Sierra. 

10- INSTALLATION

Some advices:

-Use only USB2 ports, preferably the front USB2 port.

-Don’t use USB hubs, or cable extenders… (personal issues)

-Unplug any other usb device

-Be sure that you have plugged your internal sata drive to one of the two internal achi sata controller.

2hmh9h1.jpg

-The boot process may be slow, (and with terrible and apocalyptic errors). Be patient

-Maybe, the boot stucks with the error “consideredRebuildKernel …. blabla”. Just reboot again.

-If you have two monitors, shutdown one can help with graphical errors.

-Plug your graphic card in PCI Slot 2.

-For inexperienced users: On first screen, go to disk utility and erase the Volume. (APFS and GPT). Quit the utility and return to first screen. Choose Install.

-The process is splitted in two steps. The first step promises take only 4 or 5minutes … and now, it’s true!!!. It will take4 or 5 minutes(with a SSD).

-After this first reboot, in clover boot screen, you will see more partitions than expected. APFS file system manage more partitions in a more complex way (physical layer, logical layer… bla, bla). Select  the new internal HighSierra boot installer partition, not the usb installer. It will finish the  process. This step, takes 10-15min aprox (using a SSD).

Note.I had some unexpected reboot in this step. Only re-trying if you have it also.

-To boot again after installation, keep booting from USB , ant then choose internal HD as clover boot screen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PART III:

FIRST BOOT

11. Optional updates.

Finally, we are on High Sierra's Dektop. The Mac os Version is 17G65. In the date of this guide (oct/2018) is the last version. (there is an optional update only for real macbook laptops). For future security updates, this is the moment to update. Set up the internet options and update the system, but remember check if the Lilu and whatevergreen kexts are compatible or if you need use a new version, or you will geta KP or a black screen on boot. Update using the update app, reboot, and wait for the update installation.

12- Install Clover.

On first reboot, install clover again on HDD, repeating same process and same options than with the USB installer, but keep in mind you have to add some options on clover’s screen install:

Screen24.png

-Install RC scripts on target volume

-Optional RC scripts

-Install Clover Preference Panel.

…and install clovermanager.app. This is optional but it’s the best way to manage the themes and find a good theme. I provide of one nice High Sierra Theme and the Bootcamp theme. Of course, left this for later. 

Install clover and add same files used on the USB: config.plist , hfsplus driver and kexts. Reboot. You can now extract the USB installer and reboot from the internal HDD.

After boot, go to clover preference panel and set it to auto mount EFI partition. It will be useful along this process. Disable this when you finish and you get stable your system.

Edited by bilbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PART IV:

FIXING (I)

13- GRAPHICS.

If you use a Nvidia card, sure that first what you want is install webdrivers. Some cards works out of the box but the most of them need the nvidia drivers. The issues with graphics are out of the purpose of this guide, not the discuss, of course. I can only explain the steps for install the drivers which work for me. I don’t have AMD cards. I don’t know nothing about AMD issues. If you are a AMD owner, post your tip to complete the guide.

• The first recommended step is enable SIP temporally: Open your config.plist with clover configurator and set 0x00 in CsrActiveConfig field. 
  • Reboot
  • Go to nvidia webpage and download the right web driver version. Remember that every update changes the driver version.

10.13.6 -- build 17G64 ----->387.10.10.10.40.105

(To find out the number version, go to About this mac and click under MacOs Sierra, next to “version 10.13.6”)

• Open the installer and install the webdriver. No reboot. Activate nvidiaweb option in System Parameters section in Clover.

screen25.png

• And set again SIP: 0x67 in CsrActiveConfig field. 
  • Just in case, select nvda_drv=1 bootflag . It is deprecated bootflag. It only needs to be permanent present in nvram, and the nvidia’s installer do the job adding this flag to nvram. But I’m not sure. People still activating itas bootflag. So, just do it. Reboot and cross your finger to not get a black screen.

If you have any problem, reboot and activate nv_disable=1 in clover boot screen, to reboot and to try to fix the problem. There are several threats with info and guides for fix problems.

Also, if you have two monitors, (as me) and one is connected via DVI port, probably you will have problems. Booting with both monitors, black screen. The fix is turn off the other monitor during the boot. The conflict is DVI port + any other port. ( in my case, the other one is connected via DP ). I fixed it buying one (cheap) dvi to hdmi adapter. 

If your reboot is successfully, check in nvidia control panel if you have the driver selected. Maybe you have to select it and reboot again.

14. CUDA. If you need it , go to nvidia website and download and install cuda drivers. Optional.The problems with cuda are out of this guide, not the discuss.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PART IV:

FIXING (II)

You can skip this whole section using your previous DSDT, config.plist and the rest of specifical kexts from Sierra (Astek driver, USB3 driver, AppleALC). Only update the current version of AppleALC (see section 21).

But remember check if you have activated AppleIntelCPUPM patch in clover. In Sierra´s guide I recommended disable this option in PM process. I've fixed this in this guide, because is not needed and it drives to errors in the process. I’ve seen this mistake several times in the forum. If you did it in your current Sierra´s config.plist, check it out.  In short, keep enabled this patch always.

With this understood, we can continue.

15- AUDIO / FIREWIRE / USB / INTERNAL SATA LSI. 

This section is now easier and quick. The DSDT is now automatically-patched. Anyway, in my stuff you’ll find a repository with different DSDT from 3.91 bios versions, and their different patched versions. You can skip the patching of DSDT file. If you don´t have this version, or you want to know how do it (good thing) the next steps will show you. I recommend always patch our DSDT.

The steps are: extract DSDT, use MacIASL and learn how apply patches, basic DSDT patching, specific patching, and install appropriate kexts. This section seems long, but just go step by step.

16- DSDT extraction:

On your current system, reboot and press F4 on clover screen. Then, boot normally. You will find your original DSDT on EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Origin (there will be more tables. Keep DSDT and SSDT files, and delete the rest of them).Preserve a copy of original file. I like compress the original files to preserve them of changes.

17- MacIASL

Download MacIASL. Important. Don’t use official 1.4 version. Use this port released by rehabman.(last version). 1.31 (252.3) version in info screen. There is a newer version. I prefer not innovate. 

• Check the preferences. In sources options, this version include main repositories. Include additional if you have some favorites and you want explore additional patchs.
  • In general options, deselect “open system DSDT by default”. This is only to avoid misunderstandings for inexpert people with “what I am exactly patching”.
  • In iASL, Active ACPI 4.0. Deselect all options about errors. 

18. Cleaning. Fixing syntax errors.

Copy your original DSDT to /CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED, and open it with MacIASL, and click compile. You’ll see the errors. (If you click over the error, you’ll jump to the right line)

These are syntax error of my original DSDT-bios 3.90. In 3.91 there is one error more.

screen29.jpg

Let’s go to fix them. In my folder (DSDT/patches) there are several patches. To apply them, you can use two ways:

screen30.jpg

• -Click patch (1). Then click open (2) , and chose the patch text file. Click “Apply”, “Close” and then “Compile”.

• Instead open a file, you can copy and paste the whole code, or one extract , to take a look to code, edit it, etc, if you are testing:  Click patch (1), open the patch file as text file (3) (it’s a txt file), select the code section, (4) copy it(5). Go back to maciASL and paste the code (6). Apply (7) and compile.

From my folder N.4 /DSDT/PATCHES apply patch for syntax errors: “SYNTAX ERRORS”, (in ACPI 4,0 and ACPI 6,1). After apply this patch and compile it, the error windows is clean. Save it.

19. Fixing IRQ and HDEF in DSDT

Fix IRQ conflict allows work to firewire. Fix IRQ and add-HDEF device allows work to audio.

• Open the DSDT with MacIASL. Set ACPI to 6.1. We’ll use 6.1 for the rest of the guide.

• Apply patch “IRQ_and_HDEF” of my folder. The code is ready for fix IRQ conflict and add the right HDEF for our Audio Card (thanks to macpeet again). Ignore any other code that you can find, including the code from El Cap’ guide. That’s all. 

• Compile and save.

20-Firewire

After our DSDT patching (and reboot), firewire will work.But no reboot yet.

If you don’t have any Firewire peripheral, maybe is not important, but checking Firewire state, we check if IRQ conflict has been fixed.

21- Fixing Audio

So easy than in Sierra. After the previous DSDT patch, we only have to add one Kext:

From folder N. 3 /audio:

copy it to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other 

The versions of this kext is also interelated with lilu.kext . Same advice: Don’t update It until you are sure that the it will be compatible 

• Open your config.plist with clover configurator, and in audio injection section set it to 28.

screen31.jpg

… and that’s all

22. Fixing USB2 and USB3

So far we have: 

- A clover rename patch for USB2

- USBInjectAll kext. 

For USB2:

For more consistency in future DSDT patches, I prefer apply all patches to DSDT: 

• Open your DSDT, and apply the “rename USB devices”patch file. This patch rename native USB2 and USB3 to standard names. Compile and save it. 
  • With this patch, the clover’s patches are redundant. So, delete the patches from clover.

Screen32.png

The next step would be add the clover patch for raise the port limit. I don´t like use the famous port limit patch. To avoid this, we have to build one special SSDT. The SSDT-UIC-ALL of Sierra´s guide is OK for HighSierra also.

(for more details, see Sierra´s guide)

>>> update. In the new stuff folder, this SSDT has been updated, to keep the internal usb2 ports also. Thanks to Jack.avenger for the tests.

• Copy the SSDT (“SSDT-UIAC-ALL”) to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

That’s all about USB2

For USB3:

Our dear mXHCD-kext works on High Sierra

-Just, copy mXHCD.kext to 10.13 folder of clover. Again, that’s all!!!!

23. Fixing LSI 2308internal SAScontroller

Same. Any problem with this in High Sierra.

Just copy AstekFusion2Family and AstekFusion2Adapter kexts to 10.13 folder of clover

24. Thunderbolt PCI

Thunderbolt is still working out of the box.

With this ton of fixes, reboot, and check that everything works. Check Firewire, in systemprofiler, Audio, internal Hard Disks connected to LSI controller, USB2 and USB3 ports…

We have our system almost 100% working. 

Edited by bilbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PART V:

Power Management.

Any main special change from Sierra´s guide. The process has to be rebuilt because we have to patch the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, (and the rest of steps). But basically are the same steps. Only, there is an important update in step 29 and fix the  “No ACPI Processor declarations found in the DSDT!“ error.

Again, don´t be intimidate for this section. It´s longer that complicated. It’s a shame for me that people skip this step. Only focus step by step and be patient.

To clarify, a little brief: 

The steps are: 

• Install sensors kext and HWsensors, to check freqs.
  • Compile the AppleIntelInfo.kext to chek C and P states (and how use it)
  • Patch the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement to work with our bios
  • Generate an special SSDT with ssdtPRGen.sh 

Ok. Here we go.

25.Setting up the scenario.

• Install Hwsensors. As I said, now I recommend Kozleck version. You can download the kexts (HWSensors.6.26.1440.Binaries) and the installer of the app + kexts (HWSensors.6.26.1440) . (If you want, you can use other HW app version, though I recommend the same version). 
  • To install the app, use the installer, but always be sure that fakesmc or plugins are deselected on installation screen. Launch the app. Set your favorite icons and info to show on bar menu. Set the app to launch on every boot.
  • To install the kexts, unzip the “binaries” file. The fakesmc kext is which we have already. Copy the rest of sensors kexts in 10.13 kext folder. 
  • In my experience, using this set of kexts keep the system stable, and with right freqs readings, with other versions I had some problems). Anyway, I’m still testing it.
  • Anyway, You can use favorite fork and post your experience .

Reboot.

Now you can see the cpu speed. It’s still running at speed stock. We don’t have PM yet

26. Now we are going to install the tool to check our C and P – states. We have to compile the AppleIntelInfo.kext in a special way to avoid a KP in our Z820. I provided of an AppleIntelInfo kext compiled. Use it under your risk. I’m not sure if it can be interchanged. 

To avoid risks, compile it by yourself (it’s very easy!!!!)

27.To compile AppleIntelInfo.kext

• Download and install Xcode from Applestore.
  • Go to Piker GitHubpage, and download the project:

screen33.png

• Extract the .zip, open the folder, and run the Xcode project opening the AppleIntelInfo.xcodeproj file file with Xcode. 

This version remains with no updates from last year. Unfortunately, Pike´s proyect is stopped due to a really bad bad new. :( . Xcode has been updated to v10 and maybe the proyect is a bit outdated. It shows some errors opening the proyect. It seems is not             important. 

• click in yellow triangle icon and click in “perform changes” to fix them.

screen35.png

• Click in folder icon to see the tree. Locate the Report MSR section... that is the reason of KP.

screen34.png

• Set it to 0, to disable it.

• To compile the kext, just click on the play icon (at the top of the window). We will see again a yellow triangle with some warnings. They seem are not important. Just ignore it.

That’s all. The kext compiled is in (Your User)/Library/Developer/Xcode/ DerivedData/AppleIntelInfo/Build/Products/Debug/AppleIntelInfo.kext (:blink: :D

This Kext is not for install!!. Just copy it in your favorite place. For instance, your desktop.

-Fix permissions: In a terminal , type:

cd  Path-to-AppleIntelInfo-location (whereever you left it)
sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleIntelInfo.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 AppleIntelInfo.kext

• To test if it causes KP, load it:
sudo kextload AppleIntelInfo.kext
  • It all is OK, no shouldn’t have KP. Enough because we don’t have PM yet.
  • To disable it:
sudo kextunload AppleIntelInfo.kext

Remember keep this kext for futures installations. You won't need repeat this steps again.

Next step is patch the AICPUPM kext. Same than in Sierra´s guide. I provide of original and patched kexts in stuff folder (Warning, patched for only Ivy Bridge). Again, if you can take the risk and skip the whole step 28, but keep in mind that this kext is in S/L/E, and it’s hard recover a system with an extension corrupted.

If not, or you have a V1 cpu, follow next step. It exactly as in Sierra. Only you have to follow the updated thread.

28- First part. The original instructions for 10.13 are here: I think that all of this is unchanged since El Capitan days. Anyway, just in case, follow it exactly as is:

• back up original appleintelpowermagement.kext from extensions folder (go to S/L/E and copy it to desktop) .

• If your CPU is V1 (Sandy Bridge E), follow step 1 of stinga11 (not the link to omni website, only the stinga11 instructions.). V1 needs this patch. I recommend patch the kext directly. (not use clover patches).

It’s easy. Download 10.13aicpm patch. Unzip the file, double click and enter password.

It's easy too. Just download the file, unzipthepatch file, and follow next commands in terminal: (copied from original instructions). (Note, now, is needed to be a registered user to download attachments in olarila.com. I provided of all patches in the stuff folder)

cd path-to-AICPMPatch-location

• type: (copy - paste)
perl AICPMPatch.pl /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

The output of the first command (only to check) should be: (hidden to no mess the thread)

Spoiler

delta: 1

0000000000009efd movl $0x000000e2,%ecx

0000000000009f02 wrmsr

0000000000009fb0 movl $0x000000e2,%ecx

0000000000009fb5 wrmsr

0000000000009fc6 movl $0x000000e2,%ecx

0000000000009fcb wrmsr

000000000000a0e2 movl $0x000000e2,%ecx

000000000000a0e7 wrmsr

000000000000aa5e movl $0x000000e2,%ecx

000000000000aa63 wrmsr

000000000000b4d6 movl $0x000000e2,%ecx

000000000000b4db wrmsr

000000000000b8f3 movl $0x000000e2,%ecx

000000000000b8f8 wrmsr

00000000000114e4 movl $0x000000e2,%ecx

00000000000114e9 wrmsr

0000000000012969 movl $0x000000e2,%ecx

000000000001296e wrmsr

0000000000013b13 movl $0x000000e2,%ecx

0000000000013b18 wrmsr

-To execute the patch: (copy-paste)

sudo perl AICPMPatch.pl /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement --patch

The output:

Spoiler

found wrmsr at 9f02, patched

found wrmsr at 9fb5, patched

found wrmsr at 9fcb, patched

found wrmsr at a0e7, patched

found wrmsr at aa63, patched

found wrmsr at b4db, patched

found wrmsr at b8f8, patched

found wrmsr at 114e9, patched

found wrmsr at 1296e, patched

found wrmsr at 13b18, patched

wrmsr found: 10

wrmsr ignored: 0

• Repeat first command to check it. It should returns no deltas because the code has changed.
  • Now we have our AICPUPM patched. 
  • One last step, Download and install the extra kext with your favorite utility. Now is Legacyx86PlattformPlugin.kext, but is the same that the Sierra´s one (and El capitan). What this kext does is inject and override the original policies for PowerManagment for SMBIOS 6,1, replacing them by SMBIOS from other model (mac mini, I think). This kext goes always to /S/L/E , not to clover folder.

• That’s all. Ignore step 4 and step 5 from the link.

Rebuild permissions and cache. IMPORTANT >>>>> This is the only step in which we modify Extension Folder. So Fix permissions and rebuild cache <<<<<

In this point, I recommended deselect the clover patch, “Asus AICPUMP kernel patch“ (because is redundant) but I saw how this could be confused for some users, because without this patch and one wrong patch of appleintelpowermagement.kext , causes a KP. I´ve checked that this patch, doesn’t prevent the PM, so, don´t deselect this option in order to get a more versatile config.plist in future tests and different scenarios. 

Reboot.

29-Last Step!!. Generate the SSDT with ssdtPRGen.sh

If you come from Sierra´s guide you could use the same ssdt, but be sure that you had “Legacy ACPI CPU Tables”  enabled. If not, not sure, or that is the first time that you follow this guide, you will have to generate the SSDT.

Again, this proyect is stopped also. No changes from Sierra’s guide. I recommend follow the off-line method. Please, chek the file size as Pike recommends in his How-to.

This is a copy-paste from the pike’s site:

• In terminal, execute: 

curl -o ~/Library/ssdtPRGen.zip https://codeload.github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/zip/Beta

This will download a zip file into your library´s user folder. Just unzip-it and rename the folder to “ssdtPRGen”

• Set permissions:
cd /Users/your-user/Library/ssdtPRGen
chmod +x ~/ssdtPRGen.sh

Now, the No ACPI Processor declarations found in the DSDT!” error. If you followed my previous guides, I found a method to skip this error: To copy the content of the SSDT into DSDT. With the time, I like less and less this tip. In the days of el capitan, I found that, wrote by Piker-Alpha

The processor declaration cannot be found in the DSDT but instead are part of SSDT-1.aml so we have to be a little creative:

1.) Copy ssdt-1.aml to ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml
2.) Copy apic.aml to ~/Desktop/apic.aml
3.) run: ./ssdtPRGen.sh -mode custom -p '………

I didn’t understand completely this tip, I decided ignore it. But now I think it’s a better method. I followed it to complete this guide and it works 100%. 

• So: If you didn´t it , you need extract the ssdt again. Reboot and press F4 in clover boot screen.

You will find the acpi tables in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/ORIGINAL.

• Copy the SSDT1-cpu-def file and the apic.aml file to desktop. Rename the ssdt to dsdt.aml. It’s fake, of course. We will cheat ssdtPRgen. Now, we are ready to generate the script. Delete them when you finished the process.

30-No changes since el Sierra’s guide. Read the help of the script.

Open a terminal windows and:

cd /Users/your-user/Library/ssdtPRGen

The script is (for me). 

./ssdtPRGen.sh -mode custom -b Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 -p 'E5-2690 v2' -c 3 -x 1 -cpus 2 -l 40

The general arguments (for all of us)

-mode custom > to force read the acpi declarations from the desktop.

-b Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 > for our smbios 6.1

The specific arguments.

-p 'E5-2690 v2' > is the name of the model. Replace it by yours. If are not sure, open Ivybridge or Sandybridge cfg file into ssdtPRGen folder to find the right syntax of the model)

-c 3 > I have KP If I don´t use this parameter. I think it´s for all models

-x 1 > to use the XCPM. Needed for Ivybridge, not sure for Sandy Bridge. About Sandy Bridge, the approach could be different. In Ivy bridge, PM resides in X86platformPlugin. In Sandy Bridge resides inAppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (that it the reason of the extra-step in AICPUPM patching). So maybe, the -c or -x argument need another parameters.

I have 2 cpus, so I’m interested in script knows exactly this. I add this extra arguments:

-cpus 2 > (cpu numbers, 2) 

-l 40> (the number of logical cores) 40 for me (10x2x2)

I can’t say that is the best. Maybe other settings could work better. But at least, this works for me. This is completely open to discuss. 

Press enter to generate the ssdt and check the terminal output. we don’t should see any error. Select “No” for the last script’s option. The ssdt is in /YourUser/Library/ssdtPRGen/. Delete the ssdt.dsl version. Copy the ssdt.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

31-Enable on clover “-xcpm” flag, or “-xcpm_ipi” custom flag, if you have a dual cpu, as the script recommends.

Reboot. Now, finally, we should have PM. Check HM monitors info. The cpu should move between lower state in idle, to stock speed clock, and reaching higher values under heavy work requirement. I have some P-state error in bootlog. I don´t know if it can be improved. This is what I know.

• To check the states using AppleIntelInfo.kext:
cd /Path to AppleIntelInfo (whereever you left it)

-To load it:

sudo kextload AppleIntelInfo.kext

-Do something, play a video, compress files, watch a video in Youtube, run tests, etc…

-And now, to check the results, run this command:

sudo cat /tmp/AppleIntelInfo.dat

If you see only two states, something is wrong. You should see different p and c states. 12, 14, 16, 18 …. 26, 28 and so on.., they are the multipliers (12x=1200, 14x=1400, 16x=1600 ghz... Check it if they are around the minimum , stock, and turbo clocks of your cpu model. Test performance with apps as geekbench (check my folder) ;)

If you continue testing, to refresh, just re-execute the command (use up-cursor key to recall the last command).

-Don’t forget stop the kext when you finish. To disable it:

sudo kextunload AppleIntelInfo.kext

Edited by bilbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PART V:

DSDT refining

Based in Maldon’s specific fixes, I built the patches to apply some interesting extra-patches. They are splitted in 2 parts. First, add cosmetic PCI devices. These patches add the info needed for be shown in Apple System Profiler :) . See thee picture. Don´t forget that is only cosmetic, but they are awesome. 

screen39.png

Note that all of them use the _DSM method. I’ve read some thing about that, and it seems that this method is being questioned increasingly. They can be replaced with extra SDDT. If you know how, you are welcome.

The second part adds some extra patching into DSDT. Change a few extra rename devices. More info into the patch. I hope update it with more improves or with your feedback.

I think that all of them are reliable fixes. Anyway, please report if you see unexpected issues.

APPENDIX

CPU MODELS 26x7 or 26x3 EXTRA- PATCHING

All 26x7 or 26x3 cpus models cause a KP trying to boot. From the first step. And with all SO versions. The error is “should have XX threads but only found YY for die 1” . XX can be the total number of cores and YY is the same number minus 1. For instance “"should have 16 threads but only found 15 for die 1".

The next info was posted by Hugodlc in El capitan’s guide thread. So all credits to him (specially for the PM part). I could extend the info via PM and with additional info. But at that moment, I never could test with more users, so , I was not sure about the fix, so far. Now, this ssdt has been tested with success.

So, that is the info:

The native SSDT-1-CpuDef of 26x0 models , the info of the C00X devices is:

Processor (C000, 0x00, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C001, 0x01, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C002, 0x02, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C003, 0x03, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C004, 0x04, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C005, 0x05, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C006, 0x06, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C007, 0x07, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C008, 0x08, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C009, 0x09, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C00A, 0x0A, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C00B, 0x0B, 0x00000410, 0x06)

The second block , "0x00" is the order number, in hex. In decimal they are 1,2,3,4,5, and so on.

But, the native SSDT-1-CpuDef of this models has an inconsistent enumeration of cpu-devices:

Processor (C000, 0x80, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C001, 0x81, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C002, 0x00, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C003, 0x01, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C004, 0x02, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C005, 0x03, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C006, 0x04, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C007, 0x05, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C008, 0x06, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C009, 0x07, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C00A, 0x08, 0x00000410, 0x06)

Processor (C00B, 0x09, 0x00000410, 0x06)

It seems it’s not important for windows or linux. But OSX doesn’t like at all. The fix is simply renumber (in hex, of course) the whole list. Only with this , we will be able to boot and install the SO.

The second part is the PM. Only with this patch, the ssdt disable the PM, doesn’t mind if you use a right Pike’s SSDT. That was a great finding of Hugodlc.

Basically, the SSDT-1-CpuDef has this code repeated by every processor device.

{
                Name (_HID, "ACPI0007")  // _HID: Hardware ID
                Name (_UID, "PCI0-CP000")  // _UID: Unique ID
                Name (_PXM, Zero)  // _PXM: Device Proximity
                Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
                {
                    If (LEqual (\_SB.CSTA (Zero, Zero), Zero))
                    {
                        Return (Zero)
                    }
                    Else
                    {
                        Return (0x0F)
                    }
                }
            }

The conditional is a problem for OSX. The fix is simply delete it, in all processor device branchs. Maybe a more elegant fix could be done. But it works.

So, the fix is edit it :

{
            Name (_HID, "ACPI0007")  // _HID: Hardware ID
            Name (_UID, "PCI0-CP000")  // _UID: Unique ID
            Name (_PXM, Zero)  // _PXM: Device Proximity
            Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
            {
                Return (0x0F)
            }
        }

The bad news are to complete the edit of the SSDT is looooong. There are more than 100 processors devices. You need do it slow and carefully. You can use tools like diffchecker. I’d like to write a MaciASL patch, as the dsdt patches that I wrote. But this exceeds my knowledge.

The good news are I compared the ssdt among different bios and cpus versions and all of them seems they are the same, except the first lines of code. I attach a ssdt template into the v2 stuff folder.

Here, you have 3 options:

-Use the template file, as is.

-Copy to your own ssdt-1 , only the processor-devices part, keeping the first part. (Compare the result, to check for more differences, just in case.). I did it in this way to test it with nanim user, with success.

screen40.png

-Or Patch your own SSDT manually :rolleyes:.

To use this SSDT-1: copy it to your EFI folder, in /acpi/patched/ . This will override the native SSDT-1-CpuDef. Keep always this ssdt in your efi folder. From the first step. In the usb installer, and in the final HD. Also, use it to generate the SSDT with Pike script, for PM, like I describe in the guide for High Sierra.

>>>> IMPORTANT. As some users have reported, is important check "DROP OEM" option in SSDT options, into ACPI tab (clover configurator) to enable this ssdt.

Other important topic related with this. If you come from Sierra and you followed my old tip with Pike script, copying the SSDT code to DSDT, forget this tip and delete it from your DSDT. Any old ssdt code copied to DSDT will disable our custom SSDT-1.

You’ll find the SSDT-1 in the stuff folder V2 , in “06 FOR 26x7 or 26x3 users” folder.

Report your result ;)

END OF THE GUIDE AND CONCLUSSIONS

About the stuff folder:

In the stuff folder you will see also a final clover folder. Use it as reference, or to save time, if you want skip some step. 

Keep in mind:

- the config plist has the Nvidia webdriver option activated, in “system Parameter” section and nvda_drv=1 as bootflag. Change this if you need it or if you use a AMD graphic card.

- Don’t forget choose the VoodooTSCSync kext the right version for your cpu, in kexts section.

Keeping in mind this, you could use this folder as “drag and drop folder” after first boot and graphic fix. But I don’t recommend this unless you have a good understanding of the whole process.

-Remember, when you had a KP, frequently, because of kernel cache (or any other reason), just re-boot again. 

-Sleep still is not working, but some users reported they have sleep working. Please report. This topic is the last one without a fully fix.

That’s all. I hope it helps to Z820 users. I expect comments, tests, fixes, and improvements. 

------------end of the guide--------------

>>>>>>>>>>LINK TO STUFF FOLDER v05<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Edited by bilbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

first revision of the guide 11-21-2018

-Some minor fixes added

-Added a new and better SSDT-UIAC-ALL

-Added a fix for CPU MODELS 26x7 or 26x3 :lol:

- V2 folder. With last updates and some more addons to dsdt patches folder

12-16-2018

-RehabMan-IntelMausiEthernet- is replaced by AppleIntelE1000e.kext , as ethernet driver, for better working. Thanks to pingyes for the report. Stuff folder is updated to v03 to include this change,

05-03-2019

-LSI Driver updated to unlock icon. It allows show as a internal icon (or custom it). Thanks to xuy_ user. Stuff folder updated to v04 to include this change.

07-21-2019

- A few minor updates has been added , to fix typos and update some info

09-29-2019

- And important update about the SSDT-1 , fixed by Hugodlc. All users with previous SSDT-1 should update it.  Stuff folder updated to v05 to include this change.

Edited by bilbo

Great work! 

Got High Sierra working on my Z620 with different set of drivers/kexts.

23 hours ago, bilbo said:

-The OSxAptiopnFix2Drv has a new version, v3.

... The conclusion of this long explanation, is that we have to add to the default selection of drivers: 

- EmuVariableUefi-64

- OsxAptionFix3Drv

I'm using AptioMemoryFix without EmuVariableUefi-64.  Startup Disk and Nvidia drivers switching work's fine on my Z620. I have no time to check it on Z820  Confirmed. EmuVariableUefi-64 and OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 can be replaced by AptioMemoryFix-64.

SMCHelper-64 is for another SMC emulator VirtualSMC, it useless for you.

I'm using VirtualSMC.kext  with SMCHelper-64.efi on my Z620 

-------------

According to Clover Device Properties, audio inject should look like this:

unnamed.thumb.jpg.6c930935f361a284e96396bf3d1b06e3.jpg

Edited by jack.avenger

On 10/8/2018 at 12:46 PM, jack.avenger said:

Got High Sierra working on my Z620 with different set of drivers/kexts.

I'm using AptioMemoryFix without EmuVariableUefi-64.  Startup Disk and Nvidia drivers switching work's fine on my Z620. I have no time to check it on Z820  Confirmed. EmuVariableUefi-64 and OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 can be replaced by AptioMemoryFix-64.

SMCHelper-64 is for another SMC emulator VirtualSMC, it useless for you.

I'm using VirtualSMC.kext  with SMCHelper-64.efi on my Z620 

I had some problem with nvram and some option, years ago, I can't remember exactly when.. I think with el capitán. And I decided try with emuvariable. Same for OsxAptionFixXDrv. It was what worked for me, to boot,  and I keep this option since those days. If anyone can explain the advantage, it could be useful for us. By the moment, I prefer maintain the guide as is. Everyone can decide what choose by theirself.

I didn't have any preference by virtualsmc.kext. It is part of default set selection of clover , and I didn't realize that this kext was selected. In fact, I don't know what this kext does exactly.  I've just compared drivers folder between older clover version (from my Hd with sierra) and yes, this kext is not part of default selection. I'll fix the guide as soon as possible.

How do you use this kext? It can replace the common "sensors" kexts and get better results?

Edited by bilbo

22 hours ago, bilbo said:

I had some problem with nvram and some option, years ago, I can't remember exactly when.. I think with el capitán. And I decided try with emuvariable. Same for OsxAptionFixXDrv. It was what worked for me, to boot,  and I keep this option since those days. If anyone can explain the advantage, it could be useful for us. By the moment, I prefer maintain the guide as is. Everyone can decide what choose by theirself.

Sorry, in this post I'll use quote from clover manual revision 4542k. It's in russian, but you can use google translate

1) Why EmuVariableUEFI exist? It's for that case, when real NVRAM not available or does't work

Spoiler

Для УЕФИ загрузки мы рассчитываем на собственный сервис VariableDxe, который предоставлен в OEM UEFI. В ревизии 2837 Дмазар поправил работу с этим сервисом, так что у большинства юзеров теперь оно работает по-нативному. Для тех, у кого это все-таки не работает, предусмотрен драйвер эмуляции EmuVariableUEFI, работающий аналогично легаси драйверу, и тоже требующий скриптов и файла nvram.plist.

2) About EmuVariable restrictions: EmuVariable can't emulate all functions of real NVRAM, (can't store panic.log, no hibernate, etc)

Spoiler

EmuVariable в обоих случаях не является полноценной эмуляцией., например, не сохраняется panic.log, просто потому, что скрипт не успевает сработать. Не сохраняется также переменная boot0082, необходимая для гибернации, но эту проблему мы обошли другими способами. А вот наличие panic.log, давняя мечта хакинтошеров, остается прерогативой Кловера с настоящим NVRAM. И, опять-таки, гибернация в моде25 требует сохранения ключа шифрования в онлайне, то есть только с настоящим NVRAM.

3)  OsxAptioFix3Dxe or AptioMemoryFix? OsxAptioFix is newest variant from the same author (vit9696) but with cleaner codebase.  

Spoiler

Опять-таки vit9696 поправил драйвер OsxAptioFix так, чтобы железный НВРАМ работал, и по-моему у всех. Изменение представлено драйвером OsxAptioFix3Dxe, а сам vit9696 предлагает более продвинутый вариант AptioMemoryFix

4) Load priority when several drivers exist in folder: Clover will load only one driver. Order is AptioMemoryFix, OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv.efi, and last OsxLowMemFix.efi.

Spoiler

Эти пять вариантов Aptio не должны использоваться одновременно, Кловер существляет выбор одного из них по приоритету: AptioMemoryFix, OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv.efi и в последнюю очередь OsxLowMemFix.efi.

So, my choice is AptioMemoryFix and no EmuVariableUEFI

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22 hours ago, bilbo said:

I didn't have any preference by virtualsmc.kext. It is part of default set selection of clover , and I didn't realize that this kext was selected. In fact, I don't know what this kext does exactly.  I've just compared drivers folder between older clover version (from my Hd with sierra) and yes, this kext is not part of default selection. I'll fix the guide as soon as possible.

How do you use this kext? It can replace the common "sensors" kexts and get better results?

VirtualSMC.kext is a new project to replace main kext of every hackintosh - FakeSMC.kext.

For VirtualSMC.kext  we must have SMCHelper-64.efi, while for FakeSMC.kext it useless. Found this information on VirtualSMC FAQ page:

VirtualSMC.efi module is recommended for boot.efi compatibility when FileVault 2 is enabled. SMCHelper-64.efi is not compatible with VirtualSMC.efi and must be removed.

So, I currently don't know what is SMCHelper-64.efi, will google for it.

Can't say about sensors in new SMC emulator, didn't play with them 

PS: Link to Clover manual v4542 (Russian), can't find actual English version.

Edited by jack.avenger

nanim,  Cpus models 2667 have one specific problem. They need an specific patch in dsdt. I have some clue , but I don't know how do it, yet.

anyway, What did you do , exacty?... is the first boot? is the boot from usb? please, give us more details

52 minutes ago, bilbo said:

nanim,  Cpus models 2667 have one specific problem. They need an specific patch in dsdt. I have some clue , but I don't know how do it, yet.

anyway, What did you do , exacty?... is the first boot? is the boot from usb? please, give us more details

1. set bios setup (follow your post)

2. Media Creation in USB

3. Install Clover in USB (Clover_v2.4k_r4658)

4. copy kext, driver, config.plist (your stuff=> USB)

5. Connect USB at front UsB2.0 port.

6. z820 power on and boot USB.

7. select clover menu install from USB.

8. showed error code. TT

what can i do???

Edited by nanim

2 hours ago, nanim said:

6. z820 power on and boot USB.

7. select clover menu install from USB.

8. showed error code. TT

what can i do???

after boot, in boot clover screen, where you select the media for install, press F4. Then shutdown, extract the usb, and in other computer, check, into your usb/ EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Origin. You´ll see al lot of files. compress all of them into a file and send it to me. (Please, be sure that you have activated the  legacy ACPI cpu tables” in Advanced Section, in BIOS.)

I can't guarantee the success.  I'm trying to figure out whats is happening with this, from a long time ago, but let me check it out.

37 minutes ago, bilbo said:

after boot, in boot clover screen, where you select the media for install, press F4. Then shutdown, extract the usb, and in other computer, check, into your usb/ EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Origin. You´ll see al lot of files. compress all of them into a file and send it to me. (Please, be sure that you have activated the  legacy ACPI cpu tables” in Advanced Section, in BIOS.)

I can't guarantee the success.  I'm trying to figure out whats is happening with this, from a long time ago, but let me check it out.

thank you bilbo

yes set legacy ACPI enabled in Advanced Section in BIOS. 

send organ.zip on my system

origin.zip

Hi Guys !

Anyone with a dual 2670 v1 succeeded to correctly configure Power management ?

I can't get it to work with Multiplier higher than 30 and lower than 26.

Geekbench 3 32 bit score is around 20000 - With proper working PM in Sierra the machine hits 35000.

I've tried so far multiple times, both to generate a new SSDT and my SSDT from Sierra (which works fine there) but It never works.

Attached are my DSDT, SSDT and the output of AppleIntelInfo.dat

What am i missing ?

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 22.03.42.png

SSDT.aml

DSDT.aml

Edited by amadeusex

12 hours ago, jack.avenger said:

I'm still on Sierra, because I need working sleep on my Z820. 

Wow - Is sleep working on Sierra ?

My hdd's wouldn't wake up so i turned sleep off (in Sierra).

As far as the update to High Sierra - I don't need it (so far) but it would be nice to have it working correctly.

Amadeusex, I've trying to analyse my tests, between Sierra, HighSierra, AppleIntelInfo output , watching the HWMonitor readings. The behaviour between them is sightly different (I think is a bit more stable in Sierra), but in general , I have same multipliers readings. The results in Geekbench is very close. Could you post the output when you create the ssdt with ssdtPRGen?.

About sleep, it never worked for me, but I remember some user saying that it worked. :huh:

Uh, I've just checked your ssdt. Your ssdt has the old sctructure. 

Scope (\_SB.SCK0.C000)

instead of , the new ssdt , using legacy tables, has to be:

Scope (\_SB.C000)

I assume that you have  “legacy ACPI cpu tables” in Advanced Section, in BIOS (if not, you cannot boot in HighSierra). But you need re-generate the ssdt with this legacy ACPI tables (acpi declarations) . The old ssdt for Sierra (if you didn't have this option enabled in your bios) doesn't work anymore. The new tip is described in the point n.29 .... and don't forget add the argument  "-mode custom" in he ssdtprgen script.

On 10/13/2018 at 8:36 PM, bilbo said:

nanim, test with this ssdt:

copy the ssdt to your usb stick in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

The SSDT-1 is a patched version, but I'm not sure if it is the right way to load it in clover in order to replace the native SSDT-1-CpuDef. Let me know it it works

SSDT nanim test v1.zip

thank you Bilbo 

I installed high Sierra 

1.  but it don't work MAX Turbo Frequency.... 

e5 2667 v2 Max Turbo Frequency 4.0GHz

but test v1 SSDT is 3.3GHz..... 

3.3GHz is Processor Base Frequency.

2.  HWMonitor Looks Like 1CPU...

help me... 

test.png

test2.png