Help installing Mojave on Xeon W-2175 and Asus WS C422 mobo

obus

852 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, obus said:

Are you using old bootstrap_pach? If so XCPM is not working. With modded bios v.3003 in clover you don't need bootstrap_patch. Use the EFI I sent to you earlier and it will work perfect on 10.15.3 at least.

Thanks again. All is well. The Clover option ACPI -- PluginType does not work. With SSDT-PLUG.aml all Ok!

And now I think there is something wrong with version 5104 and probably go back to 5101-5103 and retest the patches Find --> Replace.

KP during wake up still persist :(

Screenshot 2020-03-04 at 20.36.16.png

Screenshot 2020-03-04 at 20.36.45.png

PS: Of Course no botstrap_patch & others

Edited by yapan4

1 hour ago, hardcorehenry said:

Have you tried boot only with SSDT-AWAC.aml and without SSDT-RTC.aml? In your ACPI in RTC there is condition if STAS=1 that should triger RTC return 0x0F exactly what you trying add separately via SSDT-RTC.aml

RTC.png.1d7008e5df7a0f8ca94fb69d70c024e8.png

Please check AWAC only .aml. if is correct then result negative, macos stoped in the same place

SSDT-RTC-AWAC.aml

Edited by yapan4
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, yapan4 said:

Positive, booted as usual:)

So this SSDT-AWAC.aml ONLY in folder ACPI is initialising both AWAC and RTC?

Is that correct?:blink: 

Edited by obus

On 3/3/2020 at 8:49 AM, metacollin said:

ths ,Well done!

It works on my x11sra-f

MSR_PMG_CST_CONFIG_CONTROL........(0xE2) : 0x402
------------------------------------------
 - I/O MWAIT Redirection Enable......... : 1 (enabled, IO read of MSR(0xE4) mapped to MWAIT)
 - CFG Lock............................. : 0 (MSR not locked)
 - C3 State Auto Demotion............... : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
 - C1 State Auto Demotion............... : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
 - C3 State Undemotion.................. : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
 - C1 State Undemotion.................. : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
 - Package C-State Auto Demotion........ : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
 - Package C-State Undemotion........... : 0 (disabled/unsupported)

achine 

9 hours ago, obus said:

So this SSDT-AWAC.aml ONLY in folder ACPI is initialising both AWAC and RTC?

Is that correct?:blink: 

Now

RTC: 

Screenshot 2020-03-05 at 08.36.23.png

AWAC: not found

I don't know what method is more suitable because a'm not expert. But now we have three alternative methods: RTC and RTC+AWAC from @lovest.fhd and AWAC only from @hardcorehenry.

Edited by yapan4

14 minutes ago, yapan4 said:

@lovest.fhd

What you think about AWAC only method from @hardcorehenry?

And one more question - Because you motherboard is similar to original macpro7,1, is memory shown correctly in About This Mac window?

Thank you.

For info: my AppleIntelInfo

AppleIntelInfo.rtf

_sta method is just a switch.

if you rename XSTA, this method will Invalid,and RTC work as "0xf"

if you use clover,maybe i can help you

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hardcorehenry said:

Here is more proffessional description, so you don't have to worry I posted untested stuff.

Sorry if I'am a little bit confused but according to @vit9696 this patch is only needed if we can't force enable Legacy RTC in bios. On our motherboard (ASUS WS C422 Pro/SE) this option is possible and enabled.

Does that mean we just dosen't need it and if not what doe's we need? I can boot with @lovest.fhd:s SSDT-RST.aml and if I boot with this SSDT I get AWAC initialised too. 

Can anybody explain for me what I shall use please. 

Edited by obus

4 hours ago, lovest.fhd said:

My mobo is c422 with quad channels .

Sorry. My mistake. I was inattentive when viewing user signatures and for some reason decided that you had a C621 motherboard or just confused users:blush:

Tonight I will try to correct as you have shown...

PS: Still, it's interesting how it looks on the C621 motherboards

14 hours ago, yapan4 said:

Hi, @skyflying5

What is the behavior of macOS on your apple-native CPU? I mean kernel panic when waking up.

everything as usual when waking up

my bluetooth keyboard still cannot work ,when i want to pear it ,it aways got disconnected immediately when display “connected”。

Edited by skyflying5

On 3/4/2020 at 8:45 AM, yapan4 said:

As far as I know the X299 Cascade Lake motherboards have a problem with switching from 44 PCIe lines to 48 and no solution yet. And this does not apply to locked/unlocked registers. So, keep an eye on the X299 events. But upload please photo of you error in verbose mode, it is interesting...

This is what I get when I boot with the modded bios. 

IMG_20200305_201829.jpg

41 minutes ago, antagon said:

This is what I get when I boot with the modded bios. 

IMG_20200305_201829.jpg

Great, that means it worked! :D.  If E2 or 1AA was locked, macOS would have panicked much much earlier.  If your boot process got that far, then the BIOS mod probably worked as intended.  

Were you able to boot macos before the modded bios?  This mod will only remove the need to use various kernel patches to disable writes to E2 and 0x1AA (these are all the patches with 'xcpm' in the name).  It won't help you boot macOS unless it was already booting (or was prevented from booting due to something xcpm related). 

There is a good chance AppleIntelInfo.kext is causing the panic/hang. You have it installed somewhere it shouldn't be, since it is getting loaded at bootime (see the 'AICPUPMI' message?  That's from AppleIntelInfo.kext).  It is only intended to be loaded manually on an already booted system (using kextload), then unloaded a few minutes after.  It should never load automatically, especially at boot time.  You should remove it from your CLOVER/OC folder, and S/L/E or L/E folders depending on where it is. 

Oh, one final question:  if macOS was booting prior to the new bios, was your old bios the same version as the version of the modded bios (or at least, if it were unmodified anyway)?

Edited by metacollin

5 hours ago, yapan4 said:

Sorry. My mistake. I was inattentive when viewing user signatures and for some reason decided that you had a C621 motherboard or just confused users:blush:

Tonight I will try to correct as you have shown...

PS: Still, it's interesting how it looks on the C621 motherboards

Well, this is (or at least, originally was) a thread for the C422, so its kind of the fault of all us C621 people invading the thread for the confusion.  Sorry about that, but I figure it is better to pool our resources :).

@yapan4 (and anyone else having sleep/wake panics), can you upload the panic log (or just the top part plus the crashed thread stack trace)?  Even when waking up from sleep, usually it gets far enough to still make a panic log.  You all might have one in your /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports folder.   It will probably be called 'kernel', and of course have a .panic suffix.  It might be under pmutil or something like that as well, not sure. 

Oh, and anyone with a dual socket motherboard, if you have both sockets populated, you will not be able to get sleep working.  The last version of macOS that correctly handled wake/sleep on dual-socket systems was 10.12.  The functionality to correctly sleep/wake dual socket systems simply doesn't exist in the macOS kernel anymore, and until or if Apple makes another Mac with more than one CPU socket, I don't think there is any way to get sleep working on dual socket hackintoshes.  Sad, but its a small price to pay for an entire second CPU IMO :).

• Like 4