Help installing Mojave on Xeon W-2175 and Asus WS C422 mobo

obus

852 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, yapan4 said:

Thank you @obus

I will be test and this path.

The results - tomorrow...

What type of Bluetooth you using? Another one bug in v.3003?

My bad. Bluetooth is working now in UEFI as it should after reseating cmos.. If you use the SSDT you tested first (attached) you will get AWAC working after boot. We need ONLY this SSDT together wit 3003 bios for working boot and initialised AWAC.

Screenshot 2020-02-28 at 12.21.34.png

Screenshot 2020-02-28 at 12.22.31.png

SSDT-RTC.aml

On 2/28/2020 at 1:24 PM, obus said:

If you use the SSDT you tested first (attached) you will get AWAC working after boot. We need ONLY this SSDT together wit 3003 bios for working boot and initialised AWAC.

I agree, i notice longer boot time with RTC+AWAC. Probably single RTC is more suitable for ASUS vs RTC+AWAC for Supermicro, owned by @lovest.fhd (my speculation)

About ACPI path "find - replace" for Clover: negative result.

Edited by yapan4

16 hours ago, yapan4 said:

I agree, i notice longer boot time with RTC+AWAC. Probably single RTC is more suitable for ASUS vs RTC+AWAC for Supermicro, owned by @lovest.fhd (my speculation)

About ACPI path "find - rename" for Clover: negative result.

RTC 0XF

find:00 A0 0B 93 53 54 41 53 0A 01 A4 0A 0F A1 04 A4 0A 00

rep:00 A4 0A 0F A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3

awac 0x00

find:00 A0 0B 93 53 54 41 53 0A 00 A4 0A 0F A1 04 A4 0A 00

rep:00 A4 0A 00 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lovest.fhd said:

RTC 0XF

find:00 A0 0B 93 53 54 41 53 0A 01 A4 0A 0F A1 04 A4 0A 00

rep:00 A4 0A 0F A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3

awac 0x00

find:00 A0 0B 93 53 54 41 53 0A 00 A4 0A 0F A1 04 A4 0A 00

rep:00 A4 0A 00 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3 A3

Tested RTC 0XF only - don't work :(

Screenshot 2020-02-29 at 16.36.13.png

yapan4_origin_ACPI_3003.zip

Hi everyone, I'm pleased to announce that I've discovered what I hope is a generalized way of unlocking both 0xE2 and 0x1AA MSRs regardless of whether or not the BIOS has a configuration option, hidden or otherwise, to do so.  In other words, I think I figured out how to unlock any X299/C422/C620 series BIOS to allow fully native, patch-free power management in macOS.   

I'm working on a tool that will automatically apply the patch if given the correct PE32 BIOS image (extractable via UEFITool), but for now, if anyone has a BIOS image for their motherboard that they want those two registers unlocked on, post it here (either upload it or a link) and I'll try to do it manually.  And it will help me make sure the module is similar enough for a generalized tool.  But at least in my BIOS, tucked away in the PpmInitialize (3FFCAE95-23CF-4967-94F5-16352F68E43B)  module is the code that writes a 1 to the lock bit of both 0xE2 and 0x1AA.  I patched this module to, well, not do that, and it worked.  I can now boot without a single power management related kernel patch.  

Here is the magic BIOS:  X11DAi-N_3_2_E2_1AA_unlocked.rom.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, metacollin said:

Hi everyone, I'm pleased to announce that I've discovered what I hope is a generalized way of unlocking both 0xE2 and 0x1AA MSRs regardless of whether or not the BIOS has a configuration option, hidden or otherwise, to do so.  In other words, I think I figured out how to unlock any X299/C422/C620 series BIOS to allow fully native, patch-free power management in macOS.   

I'm working on a tool that will automatically apply the patch if given the correct PE32 BIOS image (extractable via UEFITool), but for now, if anyone has a BIOS image for their motherboard that they want those two registers unlocked on, post it here (either upload it or a link) and I'll try to do it manually.  And it will help me make sure the module is similar enough for a generalized tool.  But at least in my BIOS, tucked away in the PpmInitialize (3FFCAE95-23CF-4967-94F5-16352F68E43B)  module is the code that writes a 1 to the lock bit of both 0xE2 and 0x1AA.  I patched this module to, well, not do that, and it worked.  I can now boot without a single power management related kernel patch.  

:drool:

Great news. We've been waiting for this for three years.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Socket2066/WS_C422_PRO_SE/WS-C422-PRO-SE-ASUS-3003.zip

18 hours ago, lovest.fhd said:

it work for my mobo.And i check your acpis,these 2 patchs also useful for you

I extracted patch information when the sys started

归档.zip

But this is only for bios v.3003 or ??!!:blink:

9 hours ago, metacollin said:

supermicro x11srm-f,thx!

https://www.supermicro.com/about/policies/disclaimer.cfm?SoftwareItemID=10187

10 hours ago, metacollin said:

good news ,x11sra-f 

https://www.supermicro.com/zh_cn/products/motherboard/X11SRA-F

1 hour ago, obus said:

But this is only for bios v.3003 or ??!!:blink:

jsut v.3003,Maybe newer versions will work

• Like 1

@lovest.fhd

Tried three times, this time AWAC+RTC patch. Still no success. Maybe You have some thoughts that I'm doing wrong?

config.plist

preboot.log

EFI.zip

Also SSDT-RTC.aml (SSDT-RTC-AWAC) do not work when i boot from installation flash drive with Clover. 
But work O'k when booting from installation flash drive with OpenCore. 

Patches Find-->Replace not tested from flash drive.

Edited by yapan4

7 hours ago, yapan4 said:

@lovest.fhd

Tried three times, this time AWAC+RTC patch. Still no success. Maybe You have some thoughts that I'm doing wrong?

config.plist

preboot.log

EFI.zip

Also SSDT-RTC.aml (SSDT-RTC-AWAC) do not work when i boot from installation flash drive with Clover. 
But work O'k when booting from installation flash drive with OpenCore. 

Patches Find-->Replace not tested from flash drive.

rename not work for clover,I don't know why?

maybe you need  SortedOrder

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lovest.fhd said:

rename not work for clover,I don't know why?

maybe you need  SortedOrder

I wonder why you trying inject this rename. Macos doesn't expect _STA 0xF in RTC, in fact macos expect there's no _STA at all. In recap renaming _STA to XSTA in RTC should be enough.

Edited by hardcorehenry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hardcorehenry said:

I wonder why you trying inject this rename. Macos doesn't expect _STA 0xF in RTC, in fact macos expect there's no _STA at all. In recap renaming _STA to XSTA in RTC should be enough.

There are many ways to control these two devices

On 3/1/2020 at 4:30 AM, yapan4 said:

:drool:

Great news. We've been waiting for this for three years.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Socket2066/WS_C422_PRO_SE/WS-C422-PRO-SE-ASUS-3003.zip

Not sure if a generalized solution is feasible... your bios is very different.  

But thats ok.  I have no way to test this and you flash this at your own risk, please be familiar with the bios recovery procedure for your motherboard in case it doesn't work.  Unless it has IPMI, in which case no worries, you can just flash a working BIOS using that :).   Anyway, this should prevent the bios from locking both E2 and 1AA MSRs on your motherboard: 

WS-C422-PRO-SE-ASUS-3003_UNLOCK.CAP.xz

• Thanks 2

On 3/1/2020 at 2:21 AM, antagon said:

Hi @metacollin, please try this Asus X299 Prima A Bios: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2066/PRIME_X299-A/PRIME-X299-A-ASUS-3006.zip?_ga=2.122174795.1512704165.1582998052-554465667.1582158797

It has an option to unlock msr 0xE2 but that seems to be not working anymore since 3006.

I *think* your bios is leaving 0x1AA unlocked, but I am not sure.  I've unlocked E2 at least.  Also, same disclaimer, I am not responsible if it doesn't work, and I have no way to test it.  Be familiar with your motherboard's bios recovery procedure in case it doesn't work and you need to flash a working bios.  

PRIME-X299-A-ASUS-3006_UNLOCK_E2.CAP.xz

On 3/1/2020 at 7:01 AM, skyflying5 said:

Looks just like mine.  This one should definitely work.  

X11SRM9_UNLOCKED.C12.xz