Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

headkaze
486 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

So use the device/properties section for platfomID and should I also set a device ID? Or just go for Platform?

Since your card is a UHD 620 I would try with ig-platform-id and then add device-id if needed. Also remove your connector patches since Coffee Lake's framebuffer kext supports eDP natively. Now if you boot and get a black screen wait around 5 minutes to see if it comes on.

Eg. 3E920009

<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>CQClPg==</data>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>mz4AAA==</data>

9 hours ago, headkaze said:

It doesn't make a difference using integer format. Internally Clover will convert it to Data format.

I use integer in my examples because it's easier for people to read and they don't have to reverse the bytes. Some people prefer to use Data format. I say go with the format that you're most comfortable with.

FBPatch02.png

I know it. It enters confusion, you shall not recommend to do so.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

I know it. It enters confusion, you shall not recommend to do so.

Yes and vit9696 also agrees the examples should be in data format. I'll update them when I get some time.

Edited by headkaze

6 hours ago, headkaze said:

Since your card is a UHD 620 I would try with ig-platform-id and then add device-id if needed. Also remove your connector patches since Coffee Lake's framebuffer kext supports eDP natively. Now if you boot and get a black screen wait around 5 minutes to see if it comes on.

Eg. 3E920009

<data>CQClPg==</data>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>mz4AAA==</data>

Do i still use framebuffer-con0-enable-1 and famebuffer-patch-enable-1 flags? or just AAPL,ig-platform-id?

7 hours ago, headkaze said:

Eg. 3E920009

<data>CQClPg==</data>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>mz4AAA==</data>

Ok, So I've tried multiple platform IDs for coffee lake, 3e9b0009, 3e920009, 3e9b0000. All will boot up fine "without QE/CI". But the second I add a device ID it locks at boot at IOScreenLockState. Ive attached a current log and clover. 

log.txt

CLOVER.zip

1 hour ago, tikizondo94 said:

Ok, So I've tried multiple platform IDs for coffee lake, 3e9b0009, 3e920009, 3e9b0000. All will boot up fine "without QE/CI". But the second I add a device ID it locks at boot at IOScreenLockState. Ive attached a current log and clover.

I'm guessing you wont get QE/CI until you can successfully inject that device-id.

A few things to try:

- Set your config.plist/SMBIOS/ProductName=MacBookPro15,2

- Set config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Inject=true, and config.plist/Graphics/EDID/ProductID=0x9c7c

- Remove CLOVER/kexts/Other/FakePCIID*.kext

- Remove CLOVER/ACPI/patched/*

You can also try my config.plist. Just place your own BoardSerialNumber, SerialNumber and SmUUID values. If none of that works then I am really out of ideas, sorry.

config.plist.zip

19 minutes ago, headkaze said:

I'm guessing you wont get QE/CI until you can successfully inject that device-id.

A few things to try:

- Set your config.plist/SMBIOS/ProductName=MacBookPro15,2

- Set config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Inject=true, and config.plist/Graphics/EDID/ProductID=0x9c7c

- Remove CLOVER/kexts/Other/FakePCIID*.kext

- Remove CLOVER/ACPI/patched/*

You can also try my config.plist. Just place your own BoardSerialNumber, SerialNumber and SmUUID values. If none of that works then I am really out of ideas, sorry.

config.plist.zip

I really appreciate all your help. Im sorry ive been a pain lol. Well i tried all the options above. And still just booting without QE/CI. No matter what it always defaults to the 5917 devices ID. Is there any other ways i could inject a fake ID? DSDT maybe? etc? 

13 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

I really appreciate all your help. Im sorry ive been a pain lol. Well i tried all the options above. And still just booting without QE/CI. No matter what it always defaults to the 5917 devices ID. Is there any other ways i could inject a fake ID? DSDT maybe? etc? 

Your video may be incompatible with the CFL drivers. You could wait and see if WhateverGreen is updated to fix your issue. This is the downside of being at the leading edge of Hackintoshing sometimes the right fixes are not in place yet for your hardware.

1 minute ago, headkaze said:

Your video may be incompatible with the CFL drivers. You could wait and see if WhateverGreen is updated to fix your issue. This is the downside of being at the leading edge of Hackintoshing sometimes the right fixes are not in place yet for your hardware.

Understood. Well all i can do is wait. Ive been lucky to have some great help in this community and i really do appreciate all of it. Thanks again :)

19 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

Understood. Well all i can do is wait. Ive been lucky to have some great help in this community and i really do appreciate all of it. Thanks again :)

Happy to help where I can. Vit did mention that he had a friend with a CFL i5 that freezes at driver init during cache initialization. There are very few CFL IGPU configurations and yours may not be compatible with the drivers. My CFL laptop also has issues with its UHD 630 in that the screen will stay black upon booting for about 5 minutes before turning on. Probably something to do with nVidia Optimus. That's why it's best to pick a machine with known compatibility or really it's just a gamble.

Edited by headkaze

4 hours ago, tikizondo94 said:

But the second I add a device ID it locks at boot at IOScreenLockState.

I noticed that if the DVMT-prealloc is not enough it will also freeze here too. Double check you have set that right for your BIOS (also don't use setup_var from someone else's setup).

32 minutes ago, headkaze said:

I noticed that if the DVMT-prealloc is not enough it will also freeze here too. Double check you have set that right for your BIOS (also don't use setup_var from someone else's setup).

Heres a screenshot from my BIOs extract. Its an IFR extract of my DVMT values. Im guessing 64mb is the max i can set it do. "From my values shown" 

DVMT Extract.PNG

26 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

Heres a screenshot from my BIOs extract. Its an IFR extract of my DVMT values. Im guessing 64mb is the max i can set it do. "From my values shown" 

Looks like you probably did it right ("setup_var 0x76D 0x2" for your machine).

9 hours ago, headkaze said:

Looks like you probably did it right ("setup_var 0x76D 0x2" for your machine).

There is a BIOs update for my laptop. Think its worth updating? I mean, im at a standpoint now. probably cant hurt? lol

The latest WhateverGreen disables CoreDisplayFixup patch by default. Now you must add -cdfon boot-arg or enable-hdmi20 IGPU entry in Devices/Properties. This is for those who need the pixel clock patch (4K support).

Edited by headkaze

skylake intel graphic desktop have been issue that black screen after wakeup. it's known issue.
can we resolve this issue from disabled connect? is there still this issue?

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

On 7/31/2018 at 6:14 AM, Sherlocks said:

skylake intel graphic desktop have been issue that black screen after wakeup. it's known issue.
can we resolve this issue from disabled connect? is there still this issue?

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Yes Skylake HD530 desktop does not initialize the screen when you wake from sleep I tested in mojave.

do you have any ideas for a fix?

Edited by bronxteck
  • Like 1