How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

KGP-iMacPro

iMacPro Build/Guide Feedback   

26 members have voted

1. 1. Does this guide help you in your endeavour?

• yes
    • no

This poll is closed to new votes

656 posts in this topic

On 3/3/2018 at 11:19 AM, Matthew82 said:

I thing for you best solution will be start from zero and create TB ssdt from pattern in this post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/323540-thunderbolt-drivers/?p=2599598.

In this moment I can only make test with WD Book 8TB connected to DSB2. (I have Focusrite TB 2 device but I still waiting for adapter to TB3. So then I can make more tests) 

But with this HDD connected hot swap working OK. In ioreg before and after connecting everything look the same. 

attachicon.gifZrzut ekranu 2018-03-03 o 11.34.11.png attachicon.gifZrzut ekranu 2018-03-03 o 11.09.04.png

Well in my opinion the problem is the yet missing DSB1 AHCI TB PCI Device Implementation. Any idea when inspecting my DSB1 IOREG? There are apparently 2 pci bridges and a pci1b21,612 AHCI controller PCI device.

Trying for hours to implement this DSB1 pattern in my SDDT without much progress or success...

The AHCI controller is also the only PCI device apparently not properly implemented in Apple's system report.  

The DSB1 IOREG pattern seems also missing in the thread you refer to.. Likely there was no TB HDD connected when saving the IOREG.   

With hot swap you refer to the TB XHCI ports?

TBEX 3 XHCI Hotplug is also fully working in my case... 

But no hot plug for  TB AHCI ports yet....    

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

Patch DSDT, second part

I have created a DsdtPatchesAsusPrimeX299.txt to patch the DSDT at once. All devices installed in the board are included, including the Darwin Check. Clover ACPI patches (except for "PC00-> PCI0") are no longer needed. In the SSDT, you only define devices that are additionally available (graphics card, Thunderbolt card, Wifi / Bluetooth combo etc.).

how is it done?

Open a copy of the DSDT (EFI / CLOVER / ACPI / origin) with MaciASL, select "Patch" and insert the contents of "DsdtPatchesAsusPrimeX299.txt". Choose "Apply", then "Close" and save your new DSDT to EFI / CLOVER / ACPI / patched.

That's it.

Edit: How can I convert completely PC00 PC0 to PCI0?
Edit2: If there is something to improve, then do it.

DsdtPatchesAsusPrimeX299.txt

• Like 1

x299 dont load smbus

x299 dont load lpc, is a pmcr/ppmc devices

for rename use patches in config.plist, some SSDTs have same devices and hotpatches rename in all tables and avoid problems

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, macandrea said:

New bios (1301) has the option the unlock msr 0xe2 under advanced/CPU. So no need to patch bios / use kernel patches anymore.

Fantastic news. They finally did what I asked for :thumbsup_anim:... what about TSCSync? Did they also fix the Skylake-X TSC issue, or is VoodooTSCSync.kext required without any further BIOS patching? 

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

No they did not... we still need the TSCSync kext :(

a huge step forward for me anyway, because I need to remove the battery off my mainboard whenever I need to use the bios flashback feature... otherwise it doesn’t work (I’ve seen online I’m not the only one with this issue).

3 hours ago, SammlerG said:

New bios is working perfect wow for 2 days. 

No patches done, i only use TSCSync.kext and hat to and npci=0x2000 boot flag.

@interferenc, what Asus is exactly missing in also solving the Skylake-X TSCSync problem? 

Could you post a proposal that I could send to ASUS. 

It would be very handy to make any BIOS patch absolete by factory defaults.  

15 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

Could you post a proposal that I could send to ASUS.

When you contact ASUS please ask them to provide such fixes not only for Prime Deluxe motherboard, but for all their LGA2066-based motherboards. Thanks.

New e-mail to ASUS

Dear Olga,

Many thanks for providing the possibility of a manual MSR 0xE2 register unlock within
PRIME-X299-DELUXE-ASUS-1301.CAP.

However, please fix the unsynchronised TSCs of Skylake-X cores on boot and wake from
S3 at your earliest convenience.

Something in the BIOS still screws them up, as it is clearly seen by the none null state
of the TSC_ADJUST register.

Many thanks in advance,

KGP

post-1362934-0-41431100-1516222345.png

Update to macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (17E199)

iMacPro-10_13.4-17E199.png.36107b95d55579cd711b6c86fd069247.png

Hardware.png.037f7f0a7e6b265f125701087a8cac28.png

Changes, issues and limitations:

1.) New USB port Limit Patch
Name*          Find*[Hex]               Replace* [Hex]           Comment
AppleUSBXHCI   837d940f 0f839704 0000   837d941a 90909090 9090   10.13.4 USB Port Limit Patch by PMHeart

2.) No Nvidia Web Driver yet released. Use patched Web Driver xxx.106 or xxx.159 instead. 

3.) Nvidia HDAU digital audio not working - no PCI driver installed despite an else correct HDAU SSDT PCI device implementation. 

PCI.thumb.png.a79ce2e6aa693af065d744f4563119a9.png

Enjoy and have fun,

post-1362934-0-41431100-1516222345.png

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

For HDMI/DP Nvidia audio implementation check APPLEALC thread or old 10.13.4 beta thread here

must patch AppleHDAController.kext from AppleHDA.kext ... but I dont know how ... I change AppleHDAController.kext from old version 13.3 and it is work ...

14 minutes ago, corint1 said:

must patch AppleHDAController.kext from AppleHDA.kext ... but I dont know how ... I change AppleHDAController.kext from old version 13.3 and it is work ...

You have to way to do it

via config.plist (search in your ioreg device id for HDAU and patch it as @FredWst have said in beta 10.13.4 or use a AppleAlc kext with your device injected in it (see appleALC thread for this

roll back as you did is fine too :)

Edited by Guest
added links

2 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

The Appstore update installer package to 10.13.4 has 2.5GB! No idea where you take the 15 MB from... 

some hours ago , I download only 15 Mb ...twice ... whatever ... can you change links for new 13.4 ?... tkx...