commit 544bc5f18ca4e73362e5423ada2c906e1fc40de7
Date:   Fri Feb 2 00:35:44 2018 +0300

Remove useless code to attempt to protect Sandy/Ivy IGPU memory

commit 7ee11368bcb21360d413f95d1fa41134badde15d
Date:   Fri Feb 2 00:27:56 2018 +0300

Simplify GetMemoryMapAlloc interface and fix potential GetMemoryMap misuse

commit a3883f3efec55272717e634659fc5f5900fdc2f6
Date:   Fri Feb 2 00:22:07 2018 +0300

Do a more greedy shrinking (appears to be safe)

commit c8d5a510e4857385d12a26678ed5fa14dd2bc668
Date:   Thu Feb 1 18:19:00 2018 +0300

Finally a proper fix to reserved memory issue

Edited by cecekpawon
  • Like 6

If you previously used my AptioMemoryFix Docker builder, please do the following:

docker rmi pavo/aptiofix_builder
docker pull pavo/aptiofix_builder

There was a few issues with the way it was updating EDK2 and now has been resolved.

tHrQULf.jpg

** Attachment removed due greedy commits:

commit 544bc5f18ca4e73362e5423ada2c906e1fc40de7
Date:   Fri Feb 2 00:35:44 2018 +0300

Remove useless code to attempt to protect Sandy/Ivy IGPU memory

commit 7ee11368bcb21360d413f95d1fa41134badde15d
Date:   Fri Feb 2 00:27:56 2018 +0300

Simplify GetMemoryMapAlloc interface and fix potential GetMemoryMap misuse

commit a3883f3efec55272717e634659fc5f5900fdc2f6
Date:   Fri Feb 2 00:22:07 2018 +0300

Do a more greedy shrinking (appears to be safe)

commit c8d5a510e4857385d12a26678ed5fa14dd2bc668
Date:   Thu Feb 1 18:19:00 2018 +0300

Finally a proper fix to reserved memory issue

This version produce an allocation error @cold boot

see picture attached

second and others boots are fine

I am reverting to a fully working one in my rig

post-468967-0-39528700-1517562432_thumb.jpg

fabiosun,

2 questions.

— Are you sure you follow the guidelines regarding recommended bios preferences? Particularly fast boot must be off.

— If you do, which exact commit works fine for you? Yes, I am interested in you checking them all and posting the results here.

Yesterday I committed a3883f3efec55272717e634659fc5f5900fdc2f6, which *might* indeed cause issues on some platforms, so it was the point to give it a try.

• Like 1

Attached one is working well for me in all conditions

latest commit I have built with @pavo's sh produce that error in a cold boot condition (in a cold condition I have to force slide=128 with it)

Yes

Fastboot is off and I have 4G enabled by default

AptioMemoryFix.efi.zip

fabiosun

git reset --hard a3883f3efec55272717e634659fc5f5900fdc2f6

I got "does printf work??" (without patching boot.efi) after upgrading to latest commit. I highly suspected my NVRAM got corrupt (some of bios setup options has gone) and fixed that by resetting cmos + load setup default.

544bc5f18ca4e73362e5423ada2c906e1fc40de7: best release so far for me (sleep like a babe wake like a MAN, fixed prev issue). Thanks devs, will keep you inform!

• Like 2

fabiosun

git reset --hard a3883f3efec55272717e634659fc5f5900fdc2f6

I got "does printf work??" (without patching boot.efi) after upgrading to latest commit. I highly suspected my NVRAM got corrupt (some of bios setup options has gone) and fixed that by resetting cmos + load setup default.

544bc5f18ca4e73362e5423ada2c906e1fc40de7: best release so far for me (sleep like a babe wake like a MAN, fixed prev issue). Thanks devs, will keep you inform!

In my case after allocation error system enter in bios and it freeze (If I do nothing)

If I press ctrl alt del when allocation error appears the system starts fine

I repeat myself, I have this problem only @cold boot

it seems without slide checking messages list boot procedure is to fast to allocate memory..but this is a noob theory I think! :)

Default build is both DEBUG and RELEASE. If you want to build either a RELEASE or a DEBUG version do the following commands:

docker run -it -v $HOME/Desktop/AptioFix_Build:/root/AptioFix_Build --name AptioFixBuild --entrypoint /root/setup.sh Initial_Build RELEASE

or:

docker run -it -v $HOME/Desktop/AptioFix_Build:/root/AptioFix_Build --name AptioFixBuild --entrypoint /root/setup.sh Initial_Build DEBUG

Hello Pavo, if i try to build a RELEASE or a DEBUG version I have this error: "docker: invalid reference format: repository name must be lowercase."

EDIT: Just find out, that i need to write "Initial_Build" in lowercase.

EDIT 2: Each time it starts build, it reports "rm: cannot remove '/root/AptioFix_Build': Device or resource busy", but build is created successfully.

Checking to see if there is updates from the AptioMemoryFix Git repo

AptioMemoryFix repo is up to date.

rm: cannot remove '/root/AptioFix_Build': Device or resource busy

Building BaseTools from EDK2                                                                                       [DONE]

BUILDING DEBUG VERSION                                                                                             [DONE]

DEBUG VERSION BUILD COMPLETE

BUILDING RELEASE VERSION                                                                                           [DONE]

RELEASE VERSION BUILD COMPLETE

Hello Pavo, if i try to build a RELEASE or a DEBUG version I have this error: "docker: invalid reference format: repository name must be lowercase."

EDIT 2: Each time it starts build, it reports "rm: cannot remove '/root/AptioFix_Build': Device or resource busy", but build is created successfully.

Building BaseTools from EDK2                                                                                       [DONE]

BUILDING DEBUG VERSION                                                                                             [DONE]

BUILDING RELEASE VERSION                                                                                           [DONE]

Yeah because you are attaching the host Volume to the Docker Volume, I am still investigating the exact issue but I think its because of the Volume being attached while the script is using the Volume.

Edit: Thanks for pointing the lowercase issues out, fixed the post with the instructions.

OK think I found the issue and have pushed new image, can you do another:

and test please.

This is the output I get now:

Henrys-iMac:~ henrybrock$ docker run -it -v /Volumes/Slave/AptioFix_Build:/root/AptioFix_Build --name AptioFixBuild inital_build
Building BaseTools from EDK2                                                          [DONE]
BUILDING DEBUG VERSION                                                                [DONE]
BUILDING RELEASE VERSION                                                              [DONE]

OK think I found the issue and have pushed new image, can you do another:

and test please.

This is the output I get now:

Henrys-iMac:~ henrybrock$ docker run -it -v /Volumes/Slave/AptioFix_Build:/root/AptioFix_Build --name AptioFixBuild inital_build
Building BaseTools from EDK2                                                          [DONE]
BUILDING DEBUG VERSION                                                                [DONE]
BUILDING RELEASE VERSION                                                              [DONE]

I still have this output:

Johns-MBP:~ johnny$ docker run -it -v $HOME/Desktop/AptioFix_Build:/root/AptioFix_Build --name AptioFixBuild initial_build
Building BaseTools from EDK2                                           [DONE]
BUILDING DEBUG VERSION                                                 [DONE]
BUILDING RELEASE VERSION                                               [DONE]

I still have this output:

Johns-MBP:~ johnny$ docker run -it -v $HOME/Desktop/AptioFix_Build:/root/AptioFix_Build --name AptioFixBuild initial_build
Building BaseTools from EDK2                                           [DONE]
BUILDING DEBUG VERSION                                                 [DONE]
BUILDING RELEASE VERSION                                               [DONE]

I forgot to let you know that you need to rebuild the initial_build image from the new pavo/aptiofix_builder image after the pull.

Do these steps in order:

docker rmi initial_build
docker run -it -v $HOME/Desktop/AptioFix_Build:/root/AptioFix_Build --name AptioFixBuild pavo/aptiofix_builder
docker commit AptioFixBuild initial_build 
docker rm AptioFixBuild

Then the next time you run the container you shouldn't get that output anymore

docker run -it -v $HOME/Desktop/AptioFix_Build:/root/AptioFix_Build --name AptioFixBuild pavo/aptiofix_builder

I forgot to let you know that you need to rebuild the initial_build image from the new pavo/aptiofix_builder image after the pull.

Do these steps in order:

docker rmi initial_build
docker commit AptioFixBuild initial_build 
docker rm AptioFixBuild

Then the next time you run the container you shouldn't get that output anymore

Yeah, before you wrote this so I tried it and it works. Thanks for your work, Pavo.

latest AptioMemoryFix from github: Latitude E6230

Early boot:

Slide at

cannot be used

Only 127/256 slide values avaliable. Booting might fail

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dell Latitude E6430

Latest AptioMemoryFix (RC8) from github today

slide=0

Works fine!

AptioMemoryFix.efi.zip

• Like 5

I think there are no version numbers. Doesnt matter really.

My idea: If someone build AptioMemoryFix  from https://github.com/vit9696/AptioFixPkg and share it here - many thanks to them!!!-

the COMMITS number could be used as an  "version number". So also semi devs - not build but follow dev & want to test - see which commits are within the build and can tell excat which results they get with that for example  " 40 commits version".

• Like 1

sorry I have not understood it was a "special"release :)

Not “current” version of clover fabiosun sorry. I guess you can feature request it.