AptioMemoryFix

vit9696
595 posts in this topic

Nah, I see the same area appears open in both:

Available  000000001000B000-00000000A66C5FFF 00000000000966BB 000000000000000F

With TB:

Available  000000001000B000-00000000266C5FFF 00000000000166BB 000000000000000F

AptioMemoryFix should be finding a spot for you either way if you don't have a SB or IB, at slide=128+.  You might have enough space without TB if you have SB or IB at slide=128. Other than that, it's close with TB, without you have plenty of space.

EDIT: @vit, Do you need to not provide a slide in order for it to select a slide automatically?

I was told to put slide=128 in Clover because when I booted I got 128 lines of stuff that it went through on the boot. But to be honest, I do not know what that tells the system to do.

Last line said

slide 127 xxxxxxxxxxx   cannot be used. I can't remember what was in the xxxxxxxxx part.

I was told to put slide=128 in Clover because when I booted I got 128 lines of stuff that it went through on the boot. But to be honest, I do not know what that tells the system to do.

Last line said

slide 127 xxxxxxxxxxx   cannot be used. I can't remember what was in the xxxxxxxxx part.

So you have had a slide parameter as boot argument on all these tries? Just remove the argument entirely for AptioMemoryFix.

• Like 1

So you have had a slide parameter as boot argument on all these tries? Just remove the argument entirely for AptioMemoryFix.

ok. Will try that. Thanks apianti

ok, I wanted to see what would happen first without the TB board. The initial message flashes pretty fast but it said something about valid slides and something may fail. The last ine before it went off the screen was readable and it said

valid slides 128-255

I am running R12.

I see that R15 is available but seems to be directed mostly at a GPU issue. I am not using an Nvidia board. I am running an RX-480.

Do you think I should move over to R15, or will it hurt me with an AMD board?

Also with it saying that the valid slides start at 128, should I re-insert the slide boot parameter?

Thanks!

Wonder what else I can try because the only way to boot my system now is AptioFix2000.efi (stable for me, but does not work with newer clovers). With AptioMemoryFix from this thread I have 128/256 valid slides but only with latest RC versions (it shows 256/0 slides before RC12). 

I tried aptiofix2/3, not possible to boot... also tried to calculate the slide= parameter but it is not possible for my board obivously because all available slots are too wide.

Any ideas? Thanks!

or if we can improve the AptioMemoryFix I can test if needed.

---

board: X99 Deluxe II

CPU: 5820K

RAM: 32GB G.skill Trident Z

BIOS 4G decode enabled (and it really helped with stability) etc. this should be fine

With deluxe II I can boot with optiofix2 and slide=128 without any problem (I have 4G enabled in bios)

Wonder what else I can try because the only way to boot my system now is AptioFix2000.efi (stable for me, but does not work with newer clovers). With AptioMemoryFix from this thread I have 128/256 valid slides but only with latest RC versions (it shows 256/0 slides before RC12). 

I tried aptiofix2/3, not possible to boot... also tried to calculate the slide= parameter but it is not possible for my board obivously because all available slots are too wide.

Any ideas? Thanks!

or if we can improve the AptioMemoryFix I can test if needed.

---

board: X99 Deluxe II

CPU: 5820K

RAM: 32GB G.skill Trident Z

BIOS 4G decode enabled (and it really helped with stability) etc. this should be fine

With deluxe II I can boot with optiofix2 and slide=128 without any problem (I have 4G enabled in bios)

Weird, I tried to boot with the optiofix2 and slide=128 again (lowest possible slide which I calculated before is 129 for me :() and the same result as every time -  stuck on screen with line of stars

But I can notice that after +-2 seconds that my RGB keyboard is being off. 

try to see if you find something useful in EFI I have attached in thread above

Weird, I tried to boot with the optiofix2 and slide=128 again (lowest possible slide which I calculated before is 129 for me :() and the same result as every time -  stuck on screen with line of stars

But I can notice that after +-2 seconds that my RGB keyboard is being off. 

I was not able to boot with R12 and Thunderbolt enabled. I tried R15 (with AptioInputFix) and it booted fine without the TB enabled. With TB enabled, it does not seem able to find enough memory to boot.

I get 

AptioMemoryFix(R15): Starting \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

AMF: No slide values are usable! Use custom slide!

does printf work??

I think I'll just keep R15 unless you think that my using AMD instead of Nvidia would be a problem. Should I also keep AptioInputFix in my folder?

At this point, I don't think I'll be able to keep the TB in my system. I could keep it there and use it in windows and go into BIOS every time I boot High Sierra to turn it off, but it's kind of a pain. If I could get it to boot even if it didn't work, I'd keep it but it doesn't seem like that is going to happen.

If you guys have any other ideas, let me know. Otherwise, I guess I'll throw in the Thunderbolt towel.

I was not able to boot with R12 and Thunderbolt enabled. I tried R15 (with AptioInputFix) and it booted fine without the TB enabled. With TB enabled, it does not seem able to find enough memory to boot.

I think I'll just keep R15 unless you think that my using AMD instead of Nvidia would be a problem. Should I also keep AptioInputFix in my folder?

I have never seen anyone get Thunderbolt to work in a hackintosh, that would be very impressive. AptioMemoryFix has nothing to do with what GPU you are using, I don't understand why you keep thinking it does.

• Like 1

What do you mean Pavo?

I have a TB EX3 working in my rig (no hot swap) but other things pretty fine :)

I have never seen anyone get Thunderbolt to work in a hackintosh, that would be very impressive. AptioMemoryFix has nothing to do with what GPU you are using, I don't understand why you keep thinking it does.

I probably did not understand all of the above discussion. I thought that what was being worked on was an Nvidia issue. Sounds like I misread it. Thanks for clarifying. Should I keep the AptioInput Fix?

I've seen a couple of posts with people having X99s that said they had it working. I certainly can't say it's true or false, but I know mine won't work, lol.

Guess I should just pull it out. Thanks for trying to help Pavo.

What do you mean Pavo?

Fabio --

I just noticed!!!!!

You are running a Rampage V extreme also. I am not running the edition 10, so I'm not sure how much that will affect things.  And I am trying to get the TB 3 working. Could you please send me your Clover file? 

Someone had me put many of my drivers in the L/E directory, so I might have to move them depending on what you have in Clover (lol.... or what I can understand you have in Clover is probably more accurate).

That would be incredible even to be able to boot it up so I could keep it in the system for windows. If it would actually work, that would be even better!!!!

I think you have an Nvidia board and I have an RX-480 so I think there will have to be a few changes but hopefully nothing I can't figure out.

Fabio

One more thing if you don't mind.

Can you share with me your BIOS settings?

try to see from here

just update clover (now I am fine with 4369)

I have kext in clover/Kext/Other

I probably did not understand all of the above discussion. I thought that what was being worked on was an Nvidia issue. Sounds like I misread it. Thanks for clarifying. Should I keep the AptioInput Fix?

I've seen a couple of posts with people having X99s that said they had it working. I certainly can't say it's true or false, but I know mine won't work, lol.

Guess I should just pull it out. Thanks for trying to help Pavo.

Fabio --

I just noticed!!!!!

You are running a Rampage V extreme also. I am not running the edition 10, so I'm not sure how much that will affect things.  And I am trying to get the TB 3 working. Could you please send me your Clover file? 

Someone had me put many of my drivers in the L/E directory, so I might have to move them depending on what you have in Clover (lol.... or what I can understand you have in Clover is probably more accurate).

That would be incredible even to be able to boot it up so I could keep it in the system for windows. If it would actually work, that would be even better!!!!

I think you have an Nvidia board and I have an RX-480 so I think there will have to be a few changes but hopefully nothing I can't figure out.

PS

I have had rampage extreme V before and deluxe II

Always same behavior 

In the thread you can find all my bios settings

try to see from here

just update clover (now I am fine with 4369)

I have kext in clover/Kext/Other

PS

I have had rampage extreme V before and deluxe II

Always same behavior 

In the thread you can find all my bios settings

Fabio -

This is fantastic. I am going through that thread now to try and find the BIOS settings. It is 50 pages! 

As soon as I get the BIOS changed, I am going to try your EFI. The thread talks about patches, but I am hoping they are already in Clover. This is very exciting. I can't wait to see if this works!

I was so excited about this, but it will not boot for me.

The last line that it hangs on in the boot process is

USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 201006010301 0x301 0x133, 2

This is without the TB enabled. I was just trying to be sure that I was able to make it boot first.

I changed out the VoodooTSCSync to the version that has 6 cores and added WhateverGreen to the kexts and it stopped pretty much in the same place (just a few lines further) with

HID: Legacy Shim 2

I think there is something wrong with the USBs, but not sure. I have added some USB ports to the front of the case along with a USB 3.1 port. Could be I'm over the limit or could be I simply don't have the right kexts.

Hi vpac, I feel your pain and your struggle as I had the same problem with AptioMemoryFix and ThunderboltEX 3. But I believe I had a breakthrough last night. I too am using a Rampage V Extreme, and after trying all sorts of configs with AptioMemoryFix and failing, I gave up and used OsxAptioFix2Drv-Free2000.efi and it booted with TB enabled in bios. Try it!

What do you mean Pavo?

Fabio, may I ask if you are able to use the USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type A port on the Asus ThunderboltEX 3 card? Or only the Thunderbolt 3 works?

I don't understand why that EFI worked for you Fabio but it doesn't work for me. I know it is me that is doing something wrong, but it just won't boot even without TB enabled.

Please post in relation of AptioMemoryFix

if not ; post to the right place

thanks

Please post in relation of AptioMemoryFix

if not ; post to the right place

thanks

Chris -

As noted by the above failures, it appears that AptiomemoryFix is what is failing to allocate memory? Unless you see something else. Maybe it should be in the USB section. I'm honestly not sure, but if you have a recommendation, I'm fine with it.

• Like 1

put in signature your hardware (maybe some patch I use is not for your cpu?)

I don't understand why that EFI worked for you Fabio but it doesn't work for me. I know it is me that is doing something wrong, but it just won't boot even without TB enabled.

put in signature your hardware (maybe some patch I use is not for your cpu?)

Thanks Fabio

That's a good idea. At least it's a place to start. I added it. It's got me stumped (not that it's all that hard to stump me when it comes to this)

i am not sure if this pertains to your situation but in the past we had issues with the aptiofix's on laptops and all in ones if the ram was populated out of order. so lets say in a laptop that has only 2 slots you only had ram in slot 1 and nothing in zero aptiofix would not load properly and would stall out in weird places or get stuck at ++++++++. if it was in slot 0 then it was fine. having both populated also was fine.