AptioMemoryFix

vit9696
595 posts in this topic

For the sake of testing older Mac versions, I built the latest version from source and tried it out with my old 10.6.8 X79 install but it failed to boot using the old Clover version (4114) and my current one (4369).

I can't use AptioFix2 with SL, only AptioFix will work.

12uspeb.jpg

+1. Seems only happen on SL

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Well, I doubt if all that many people are still running SL at this stage.

I'm not, but I kept my old install on a spare disk just in case I ever needed any of the legacy stuff on it.

Reedit ***

after more test

Snow boot only in Legacy mode with AptioMemoryFix.efi ☞ Drivers64 Clover r4376 

sorry for saying that snow boots in UEFI but I do a lot of tests on several SSD

Dell Optiplex 790

• Like 1

Last login: Mon Jan 15 16:47:41 on ttys000
Shaels-iMac:~ shaelrosen$ /Volumes/Documents/Users/shaelrosen/Downloads/AptioFixPkg-master\ 2/macbuild.tool ; exit;
edksetup.sh: line 91: .: /Volumes/Documents/Users/shaelrosen/Downloads/AptioFixPkg-master: is a directory
/Volumes/Documents/Users/shaelrosen/Downloads/AptioFixPkg-master 2/macbuild.tool: line 81: build: command not found
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

im getting this error.  any ideas?

Try using this script, the reason I re-made the script is because a lot of users, including myself do not download edk2 for shi*s and giggles. This script should download vit9696 AptioFix repo, download nasm if needed and extract vit9696's provided mtoc if needed and then download edk2 and build. the one thing you have to have first is Xcode with command line tools.

AptioMemory_Builder.sh.zip

The issue might be that the directory contains spaces.

vit9696, can you explain one part of your code for me, my bash is rusty

if [ "$1" != "" ]; then
  MODE="$1"
fi

then you have 

if [ "$MODE" = "" ] || [ "$MODE" = "DEBUG" ]; then
  build -a X64 -b DEBUG -t XCODE5 -p AptioFixPkg/AptioFixPkg.dsc || exit 1
fi

if [ "$MODE" = "" ] || [ "$MODE" = "RELEASE" ]; then
  build -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE5 -p AptioFixPkg/AptioFixPkg.dsc || exit 1
fi

I am not seeing any place else that MODE is being set, whats the default build? Both?

vit9696, can you explain one part of your code for me, my bash is rusty

if [ "$1" != "" ]; then
  MODE="$1"
fi
then you have 

if [ "$MODE" = "" ] || [ "$MODE" = "DEBUG" ]; then
  build -a X64 -b DEBUG -t XCODE5 -p AptioFixPkg/AptioFixPkg.dsc || exit 1
fi

if [ "$MODE" = "" ] || [ "$MODE" = "RELEASE" ]; then
  build -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE5 -p AptioFixPkg/AptioFixPkg.dsc || exit 1
fi
I am not seeing any place else that MODE is being set, whats the default build? Both?
Well, correct, you could also export MODE, so it is not set.

Well, correct, you could also export MODE, so it is not set.

ok cool, sorry had a brain fart, had to lookup what $1 was used for again in unix lol. now I understand that its whatever you put after the script is called.

Updated the script to not show output from build process unless an error.

New Feature:

- Default build without any options is both DEBUG and RELEASE builds

- Using either DEBUG or RELEASE as an option will build that specific build only

- Now makes folders for either DEBUG or RELEASE builds and puts them in their respective folders in AptioFix_Build

Example output:

Henrys-iMac:~ henrybrock$ /Users/henrybrock/Dropbox/AptioMemory_Builder.sh RELEASE
Checking to see if there is updates from the AptioFix Git repo
AptioFix Git repo is up to date
NASM is already installed!
Mtoc is already installed!
BUILDING RELEASE VERSION
RELEASE VERSION BUILD COMPLETE
RELEASE Versions of AptioInputFix.efi and AptioMemoryFix.efi can be found at /Users/henrybrock/Desktop/AptioFix_Build/RELEASE

AptioMemory_Builder.sh.zip

• Like 6

Hi @vit9696

Aptiofixmemory hangs on boot if I have 4g disabled in bios boot options

if 4g is enabled  All is working fine

The messages may be a little misleading. I changed them a little. What they mean is that AptioMemoryFix thinks (and it is most likely right) that regardless of kernel slide value (could be configured manually with slide=X boot-arg) you won't be able to boot. I guess your bios option is the right and the only way to fix it.

And in case there is no such bios option (on some other motherboard with a similar issue) I guess, one should know that the area AptioMemoryFix assumes to be required by the kernel is slightly pessimistic, so there is a small chance it considered some (sometimes) working slides to be not working. With that in mind one has to brueteforce 256 values (slide=0 till slide=255) and try to find the one that works for him.

And in case there is no such bios option (on some other motherboard with a similar issue) I guess, one should know that the area AptioMemoryFix assumes to be required by the kernel is slightly pessimistic, so there is a small chance it considered some (sometimes) working slides to be not working. With that in mind one has to brueteforce 256 values (slide=0 till slide=255) and try to find the one that works for him.

Maybe just try the largest as last resort?

I thought of it, but I actually am unsure which will work better. Remembering the memory maps I saw I *think* it might be one of 127, 128, or 255. But I am not sure that 255 will actually be best. If fabiosun tries them and tells us, perhaps it could be easier to decide.

The messages may be a little misleading. I changed them a little. What they mean is that AptioMemoryFix thinks (and it is most likely right) that regardless of kernel slide value (could be configured manually with slide=X boot-arg) you won't be able to boot. I guess your bios option is the right and the only way to fix it.

I thought of it, but I actually am unsure which will work better. Remembering the memory maps I saw I *think* it might be one of 127, 128, or 255. But I am not sure that 255 will actually be best. If fabiosun tries them and tells us, perhaps it could be easier to decide.

Hi vit9696

Thank you for your answer

I don't understand well bios related part but it is my fault

with 4G bios option enabled system starts fine without any slide boot-args argument set

with 4G bios option disabled systems hangs on +++++++++ stage without any message

always in 4G off condition slide= 0, slide= 127, slide=255, slide=256 produce could allocation error type 2 you can see in attachment picture

IMG_0064.jpg

with slide =128 system starts fine

Hi, can anyone explain, or better write in the github readme, what is the difference between aptiofix3 and aptiomemoryfix?

I dont get it, because both are working with aptio 5...

Aptio1 and aptio2 is clear to me, that are the old ones... But aptio3 and aptiomemoryfix is unclear...

And please dont write its a different aproach, because that explains nothing...

And one another thing, we have in bios that 4g option, but i dont understand what that option does... But that is not that important to me...

I just want to know about aptiomemoryfix...

Thanks and cheers:-)

Hi, can anyone explain, or better write in the github readme, what is the difference between aptiofix3 and aptiomemoryfix?

Aptio1 and aptio2 is clear to me, that are the old ones... But aptio3 and aptiomemoryfix is unclear...

And one another thing, we have in bios that 4g option, but i dont understand what that option does... But that is not that important to me...

Some explanations here

Or you want the differencies in source codes?

• Like 1

Hi Ramalama

Indeed 4G option it is very important in many factor (ie dual or three config graphic card)

And it helps to relocate memory 4g by bios without adding any mod

if you want try to read here

http://resources.infosecinstitute.com/system-address-map-initialization-x86x64-architecture-part-2-pci-express-based-systems/

In hackintosh enabling it is working from Sierra..before it was not possible to enable it

I meant the largest region's slide