AptioMemoryFix

vit9696
595 posts in this topic

Should not be. From what I remember this is the firmware check introduced in 10.12 or 10.13, and which verifies the hashes(?) for your firmware. If there is a mismatch, you firmware dump cleaned from personal information is sent to Apple for analysis. AptioFix should not be related anyhow.

• Like 1

While they have a lot in common, this new one most notably implements a whole new technique for ASLR support, some special boot.efi patches, and changes to mapping handling.

I'd say with this driver Clover's AptioFixes are pretty much obsolete, although I could imagine some time to be needed to fully tune the config for general audience.

For example, at this moment I may consider enabling your sleep patch (with some alterations), because it kind of starts to make some sense.

@Slice, I think it is the wrong approach, just like I and the rest told apianti above. If you do not think that integrating external repositories to the clover build system is worth the effort, I could suggest just using binary blobs of both AptioInputFix and AptioMemoryFix, which I could distribute on releases pages when they are stable enough. This should make things easier to both of us, especially to avoid issues that may arise during the backport/import.

• Like 7

Same things with the latest aptiofix, slide 0, 8, 64, 128

Still stuck at +++++++

I guess I’m the only unicorn that stuck on the old version.

7dd1861e5427b703d6485e12db31a0bd.jpg

ciao Balamut, with vit9696 aptiofix no need of any slide setting

which clover are you using?

Are you using automatic KernelXCPM features?

if so try to use old method for our cpu..

I'm trying this on the three machines in my sig and it appears to be working fine.

With AptioFix2Drv on the X79 and Samsung I would occasionally get a failed boot. It's too early to tell if this will also happen with AptioMemoryFix, but so far it hasn't.

My Z68 needed AptioFixDrv (and SIP allow NVRAM) in order to boot as AptioFix2Drv failed almost every time. With AptioMemoryFix it's working fine and I can have SIP fully enabled.

So it's a welcome improvement here so far.

@vit9696 Btw, with this two efi drivers - NVRAM works as expected, but keyboard in Clover menu is now almost unusable - it works in very weird manner, sometimes it accepts every button press but sometimes only after 3-5 retries. Is there any conflict with default Clover drivers that we should be aware, or this is issue directly related with your driver and we have to debug what's going on?

P.S. If you need, you can find my hardware description in my signature on Applelife forum

• Like 1

Should not be. From what I remember this is the firmware check introduced in 10.12 or 10.13, and which verifies the hashes(?) for your firmware. If there is a mismatch, you firmware dump cleaned from personal information is sent to Apple for analysis. AptioFix should not be related anyhow.

hello vit9696

the problem is in Aptioinputfix

if use only the aptiomemoryfix I have no problems

thanks

• Like 1

I try but no Luck 

XCODE5/X64/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLib/OUTPUT/X64/WriteTr.obj] Error 1

build.py...

: error 7000: Failed to execute command

make tbuild [/users/chris/Desktop/AptioFixPkg-master/edk2/Build/AptioFixPkg/DEBUG_XCODE5/X64/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLib]

build.py...

: error F002: Failed to build module

/Users/chris/Desktop/AptioFixPkg-master/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLib.inf [X64, XCODE5, DEBUG]

- Failed -

Build end time: 12:39:23, Jan.14 2018

Build total time: 00:00:05

Edit *****

nevermind

Fix Done

post-951341-0-64333300-1515954132_thumb.png

If you may already have edk2 somewhere (with Clover, etc):

cd edk2
git clone https://github.com/vit9696/AptioFixPkg.git
export NASM_PREFIX="<path-to-bin>/"
source edksetup.sh
build -a X64 -b DEBUG -t XCODE5 -p AptioFixPkg/AptioFixPkg.dsc

<path-to-bin> could be "/Users/${USER}/src/opt/local/bin"

• Like 2

Oops. Yes I realised it, and I found that @vit9696 has changed the file structure, so I'll have to slightly modify the script, and will post the new one as an attachment :)

[EDIT] HERE U GO

attachicon.gifAptioMemory_Builder.sh.zip

This doesn't work

Cloning into 'AptioFix'...
remote: Counting objects: 168, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (110/110), done.
remote: Total 168 (delta 83), reused 141 (delta 56), pack-reused 0
Receiving objects: 100% (168/168), 221.55 KiB | 4.82 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (83/83), done.
Missing mtoc or mtoc.NEW!
To build mtoc follow: https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/Xcode#mac-os-x-xcode
You may also use one in external directory.
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 2262k  100 2262k    0     0  2489k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 2488k
Missing mtoc or mtoc.NEW!
To build mtoc follow: https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/Xcode#mac-os-x-xcode
You may also use one in external directory.
cp: ./edk2/Build/AptioFixPlatform/RELEASE_XCODE*/X64/*.efi: No such file or directory