379 posts in this topic

How did you get passed kp? You just updated to beta and that’s it?

I had to boot into single user mode, delete Lilu 1.2.0, rebuild kextcache, reboot.

Install Lilu 1.2.1, repair permissions and rebuild cache, reboot.

Kexts installed to L/E.

I had to boot into single user mode, delete Lilu 1.2.0, rebuild kextcache, reboot.

Install Lilu 1.2.1, repair permissions and rebuild cache, reboot.

Kexts installed to L/E.

System / library/ extensions?

I tried to download the beta but it wouldn’t open

I did resguster as a developer to get that beta

Hi guys,

1. Many thanks to @vit9696 for the quick fix. I don't know what time is it in his country, but if it's close to 3AM, maaan, that's not a good time to debug a kext issue :))

2. Built Lilu 1.2.1 from the sources on Git, and looks like everything is back to normal now. I managed to both update to 10.13.2 and also boot it without any issues.

For anyone using AppleAlc, I would recommend updating it to 1.2.0, as well. Just in case.

I don't have Nvidia Driver on this machine, so I don't know how does this new build affect the NvidiaGraphicsFixup kext. So yeah, just saying.

By the way, all my kexts (except for CodecCommander) are loaded from EFI.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. Many thanks to @vit6969 for the quick fix. I don't know what time is it in his country, but if it's close to 3AM, maaan, that's not a good time to debug a kext issue :))

2. Built Lilu 1.2.1 from the sources on Git, and looks like everything is back to normal now. I managed to both update to 10.13.2 and also boot it without any issues.

For anyone using AppleAlc, I would recommend updating it to 1.2.0, as well. Just in case.

I don't have Nvidia Driver on this machine, so I don't know how does this new build affect the NvidiaGraphicsFixup kext. So yeah, just saying. 

I can comment on that shortly well kinda, not for the beta .2 but I am installing 10.13.1 on my desktop with nvidia graphics. Already updated Lilu to 1.2.1 so we will see if NvidiaGraphicsFixup continues to work.

Edit: @arsradu, NvidiaGraphicsFixup is still working on 10.13.1 with Lilu 1.2.1.

• Like 1

System Software Overview:

System Version:    macOS 10.13.2 (17C60c)
  Kernel Version:    Darwin 17.3.0
  Boot Volume:    macOS
  Boot Mode:    Normal
  Secure Virtual Memory:    Enabled
  System Integrity Protection:    Disabled
  Time since boot:    1 minute
  CUDA Driver Version: 9.0.222
  GPU Driver Version: 10.27.6 378.10.10.10.20.107

Lilu.kext 1.2.1

AppleALC.kext 1.2.1

APFS.efi

Ozmosis 1.03.167X-CPWN

EDIT: Looks like nvidia removed SIP flag that used to cause soooo many problems.

Guest ricoc90

Lilu.kext ist geladen.. aber AplleALC.kext wird nicht geladen.. scheint so.

weren wir wohl auch eine neue Version brauchen.... trotz -alcbeta und -lilubeta Flags.

AppleALC v 1.2.1? https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC

Für mich funktioniert es wieder (Ohne -alcbeta und -lilubeta)

Lilu_AppleALC.zip

$ kextstat | egrep "Lilu|ALC"
   39    1 0xffffff7f83ad5000 0x15000    0x15000    as.vit9696.Lilu (1.2.1) 5671FA4D-1C12-3291-AB86-E04861988656 <7 5 4 3 2 1>
   40    0 0xffffff7f83aea000 0xac000    0xac000    as.vit9696.AppleALC (1.2.1) 885A7767-9E6F-324C-AF59-E1449BB23F5B <39 7 5 4 3 2 1>

Everything work on your pro book? I just received a similar model

Yep. Everything that should work, works

I don't know which exact model you have, otherwise you could try the probook installer from @Chris1111, which makes it really easy.

I installed web drivers, enabled inject system id and nvidia web in clover configurator, rebooted, and about this mac showed GTX 1050TI 4GB was installed. However, everything was still choppy and laggy and it felt as if there was no acceleration. So for anybody that has this same issue, install NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext and lilu.kext and your problem will be solved.

Thanks Pavo for solution.

Guest ricoc90

I got past the panic, but now the update tells me that the osinstallmpkg appears to be missing or corrupt. plot thickens...

When the first boot fails, you'll have to remove the /macOS Install Data/ folder and redownload the update again

AppleALC v 1.2.1? https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC

Für mich funktioniert es wieder (Ohne -alcbeta und -lilubeta)

attachicon.gifLilu_AppleALC.zip

$ kextstat | egrep "Lilu|ALC"
   39    1 0xffffff7f83ad5000 0x15000    0x15000    as.vit9696.Lilu (1.2.1) 5671FA4D-1C12-3291-AB86-E04861988656 <7 5 4 3 2 1>
   40    0 0xffffff7f83aea000 0xac000    0xac000    as.vit9696.AppleALC (1.2.1) 885A7767-9E6F-324C-AF59-E1449BB23F5B <39 7 5 4 3 2 1>

Yep. Everything that should work, works

I don't know which exact model you have, otherwise you could try the probook installer from @Chris1111, which makes it really easy.

Danke, das funktioniert hier auch... Vielen Dank.

Tonight before the Game  I had a bit of time to install the Beta High Sierra 10.13.2 because yesterday with the official 10.13.1 addition and the big game of Baseball win by the LA Dodgers :thumbsup_anim: , I did not have the time

I post you today my test and my indications first thing the sustem Boot very quickly and my GeForce GT 1030 2 Gig works of the thunder with Web drivers Installation with ➤  Nvidia Payload Packager

untitl10.jpg

After a test with Clover r4279 I quickly noticed that it does not work, I have  imediatly install Clover r4243 on the SSD Sandisk 120 G and it worked the first time  :)
Here for those who will encounter a problem, try a more old revision Clover  B)

Edit ***
I did it without any SMBIOS infos in config.plist and I had an iMac 21.5
on the desktop

Tonight I expect a big win from the LA Dodgers  :D  :angel:
Enjoy  :wink_anim:
Tomorrow I Update my laptop HP ProBook , see you soon :P
  • Like 3

When the first boot fails, you'll have to remove the /macOS Install Data/ folder and redownload the update again

trying that now !!

trying that now !!

NOPE :( got package error. removed re downloaded same thing. do I need to remove lilu to get it to not say its corrupt?

Guest ricoc90

trying that now !!

NOPE :( got package error. removed re downloaded same thing. do I need to remove lilu to get it to not say its corrupt?

Remove /macOS Install Data/, run sudo nvram -c and try again

You don't need to remove Lilu, you can boot with -liluoff too. However, the latest lilu works fine (download is in a couple of posts above)

I got past the panic, but now the update tells me that the osinstallmpkg appears to be missing or corrupt. plot thickens...

If you're using EmuVariable.efi, remove it. Or, use a Clover USB drive without it, and make sure you boot from it on restart. In my experience, you can redownload the update on top of the existing one. But most likely EmuVariable is what's causing the issue.

If your motherboard supports hardware NVRAM, you don't need EmuVariable in the first place.

When you're done installing, you can put EmuVariable back.

• Like 1

This fixes nothing. AppleALC still causing panics.

It seems, this is 1st time I hear that AppleALC caused KP with 10.13.2 Beta. I also use AppleALC v1.2.1, OFC with Lilu v1.2.1, so far just found no issue.

BTW, where did u place ur Lilu && AppleALC kext? on /kexts/10.13 or /Other and using which Clover rev, updating process or booting MacHDD?  :)

wbNDxk9.png

#EDIT: -lilubeta -alcbeta boot-args are no longer required with this macOS version.

It seems, this is 1st time I hear that AppleALC caused KP with 10.13.2 Beta. I also use AppleALC v1.2.1, OFC with Lilu v1.2.1, so far just found no issue.

BTW, where did u place ur Lilu && AppleALC kext? on /kexts/10.13 or /Other and using which Clover rev, updating process or booting MacHDD?  :)

wbNDxk9.png

I've tried /Library/Extensions (no injection), and injecting from /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

Neither works. Same panic.

Already updated; other relevant info is in my signature.

#EDIT: -lilubeta -alcbeta boot-args are no longer required with this macOS version.

Not using those.

I've tried /Library/Extensions (no injection), and injecting from /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

Neither works. Same panic.

Already updated; other relevant info is in my signature.

Not using those.

Are you repairing permissions and updating cache etc.. with each new kext?

I'm using Lilu 1.2.1 and AppleALC 1.2.0 just fine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1