Intel (R) PRO/Wireless 2200B/2915

tuxx

383 posts in this topic

Seriously man dlbogdan

I believe u.

Hope I see it soon.

F**K U guys who think he is a fake.

Give him a chance atleast

i told you, my problem is that he criticises others who do work (i.e. omni and his drivers) but he hasnt shown that he has done any work.. i dont like hypocrisy and dlbogdan is a hypocrite.

I had alot of hopes for this project, and I still do to a certain extent. It's important to keep ourselves open and just keep the optimism going, if someone's going to develop a driver then they're going to do it. There's nothing wrong with having 2 people develop 2 drivers for the same purpose, sure it sounds a little redundant but different people have different ideas. Frankly there's been too much name calling in this thread, about who's a troll and whatnot, so much so that if you look through these 18 pages there's so little actual progress being talked about. So stop complaining about someone holding up progress on this thing. I would admit though that a screenshot would be nice or something, and it does lend a bit of suspicion on what's actually being done but everybody has their own reasons for not saying anything. I've opted to get a dell truemobile card, and now have other hardware issues to contend with such as Ethernet, and Graphics. So i've got little stake in this now, but I wish all the people working on this the best of luck, and I call on all the interested parties to quit squabling and join each other on this (perhaps by joining tuxx's sourceforge team or something) to you know get some traction on this thing.

If you guys really cannot wait, buy a PCMCIA card... it's like 30$ and works flawlessly ... mine is recognized as AirPort (Cisco Cardbus a/b/g... based on atheros)

Let the man do his work.

Asta chiar e cel mai interesant thread :) Bafta la codat :blink:

Alright dlbogdan has promised not to post till his driver is done, now it's time for everyone else to do the same. Unless you have something to say to promote the development of this driver please do not post your speculation. We have an 18 page thread and very little technical discussion at all.

if you do lock it link to the new one though to save the hassle of searching, im getting tired of doing that now, search for this search for that, its all so exhausting. good to luck to dlbogdan though.

i will ask one quick question that may be a little off topic, dont everyone respond though as i dont want the thread clogged up, but where can i go to get a little edumacate don driver programming, i dont have much experience but i am a computer engeneering major at gatech and a self-teacher so id like to get into it.. meybe do something besides just ask when stuff is being released and help get it out.

peace

o, and stop posting to tell people to stop posting after some else has already posted to tell you to stop posting about other people making unproductive posts, or something like that.

if you do lock it link to the new one though to save the hassle of searching, im getting tired of doing that now, search for this search for that, its all so exhausting. good to luck to dlbogdan though.

i will ask one quick question that may be a little off topic, dont everyone respond though as i dont want the thread clogged up, but where can i go to get a little edumacate don driver programming, i dont have much experience but i am a computer engeneering major at gatech and a self-teacher so id like to get into it.. meybe do something besides just ask when stuff is being released and help get it out.

peace

o, and stop posting to tell people to stop posting after some else has already posted to tell you to stop posting about other people making unproductive posts, or something like that.

Agreed.

And:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/D...0422-TP30000532

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/D...cept/index.html

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/H...vers/index.html

http://darwinsource.opendarwin.org/10.4.3

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/D...vers/index.html

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/6/ubb.x?a=...31&m=7480952764

I asked about programming in osx here, so that's why I knew those links.

well, there you have it: the impatient inexperienced members of this forum have frightened off their best chances for a driver.

Even if dlbogan didn't show anything yet, that's no excuse to start actually insulting him. As a developer myself (on Windows, not OSX...yet), I know that if I had such a reception, I certainly would not release anything.

I sincerely apologise to dlbogan on behalf of all the members of this forum with an ounce of common sense, politeness, and maturity, and who would also like a working driver for their Intel wireless cards. Unfortunatley, we are the minority.

oh really blackice _STFU_... you didnt say anything new, its all been said before... and noone gives a f**k if your a windoze dev or not.. your not impressing anyone... just stop this {censored}, really....

To the admins of this site..

please lock this thread.. its become so useless due to stupid, reduntant comments like that of blackice, which have nothing to do with the development of the driver..

I agree with tuxx. Just close this thread down. Its become lame, and it just takes up space.

On a more personal note:

Dblogan should also have his account suspended, at least from posting in technical forums. He started what ultimately became a circus ring.

Peace

oh really blackice _STFU_... you didnt say anything new, its all been said before... and noone gives a f**k if your a windoze dev or not.. your not impressing anyone... just stop this {censored}, really....

very mature, Tuxx, very mature.

We have no objective reason to believe dlbogan is not developing a driver. For the moment, it is all just people speculating that he isn't. To balance it, we don't have any objective proof that he is. It comes down to whether or not you assume people are truthful until they are proven liers, or liers until proven truthful.

I would agree that this thread needs to be locked. If dlbogan isn't going to post here again until the driver is done, then there is no need to continue this thread. If/when a driver is ready, let a new thread be started.

lol blackice seriously.. we are ALL fed up with this f**king dlbogdan discussion... stop bringing it up over and over again...

I didnt say there was reason to doubt that dlbogdan is writing/has written a driver.. because frankly i dont even care anymore....

I just want this discussion to be OVER, and i hate it when dip{censored}s (like yourself) flood this thread with appoligizes or other retarded statements towards this topic...

Time will tell if dlbogdan is full of {censored} or not.. until then S T F U

P.S. In a few days time i intend on working on this driver with someone from this forum. We've discussed some technical details on ICQ and want to start porting IEEE80211 soon. If we succeed in any respect, then i'll be sure to release it in a new thread. Anyone interrested in helping us: drop me a PM

Tuxx and others:

Has anybody talked to the guys from the KISMAC project (binaervarianz.de)?

they develop a "version" of linux´s kismet for OSx with many driver fro diferent chipsets.....

maybe they could give a hand

Work seems to have stopped. Honestly, this thread is just useless. Mods, if you're reading this just remove it. I've read almost every page. It starts off with some promise, then becomes more useless.

No one's making any progress and we're seeing people who just CLAIM they're working on a driver.

If I knew about more about IEEE 802.11, I'd write my own driver and release to you guys in heartbeat.

What I do suggest is that you guys look at the linux-wlan-ng driver sources floating around and the ipw2000 drivers for it as well.

Then maybe, we'll step in the right direction.

/es why dont u take a look at the linux-wlan-ng and ipw2200 driver sources yourself so that you can code us a driver in a heartbeat? you genius...

and i assure you that i have looked at ipw2200 and its pretty {censored}.. i prefer the freebsd iwi driver by lengths...

tuxx

p.s. i reinstalled osx 10.4.1 yesterday and am currently downloading xcode and friends... hope i manage to understand how ieee80211 works.. does anyone know of some documation concerning ieee80211? i really am pretty clueless as to how it works and what its exactly used for.

tuxx

Hi everyone..

the ipw2200 linux driver seem to have solved their ieee80211 issues by a complete own implementation of an ieee80211 framework (copyrighted held by intel as GNU). So that we can freely use it in our project.. to keep it easy when starting to understand this i droped back to the ipw2100 project version 0.40 when the ieee80211 first appeared.. its just a few lines of code including encryption.. if we rip out all encryption routines and implement basic functionality we might even get the some packets flownig by the end of this month...

PLEASE anyone interrested in coding contact me! I assure you if i am to code alone i'll lose my motivation in no time :)

tuxx

links:

http://ipw2100.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

(notice this is the ipw2100 driver not ipw2200)

tuxx, i really want to join the coding, but my current project -- Broadcom 57xx for osx is still in pre-coding stage, so ...

good luck to you and thanks for your effort

i believe someday i can use your driver :)

may the source be with us :)

but tuxx, i don't get it.

One day you feel like working on this, another you don't. You make promises and take them back. Now you say you won't work on this without other people.

I appreciate what you've done so far, but make up your mind.

People have already said they would like to code. In this thread. That YOU started.

I cannot code. I will test, if you need my help. This is my contribution.

-Urby

hope i manage to understand how ieee80211 works.. does anyone know of some documation concerning ieee80211? i really am pretty clueless as to how it works and what its exactly used for.

This might help... Core OS overview

check the part about networking extentions

Hope this might help you further without having to reprogram the 802.11 framework

greetz,

Boogiee