Intel (R) PRO/Wireless 2200B/2915

tuxx

383 posts in this topic

Kiphaas7, i am not trying to scare anyone, but hey -- story about how he is not able to post source code while still posting here comments doesn't work for me. I hope I am wrong :) And yes, number of posts does say something about credibility. Try to spam with more than 10-20 posts and survive with that account on this forum :P

Yes, this is on-topic and not spamming. If optimizing cpu in this thread is not off-topic than I am missing something.

antrunix, Pizza Hut sux if you ask me :D

lol, since when do make more post you more credible.

Give the guy a break. If his work is in the legal grey area, he might not want his work to be backtraced to himself.

Just because you guys can't wait doesn't mean he is fake. Offcourse, nothing is proven untill he actually posts something, but saying he is for real, or fake, is not possible, if you want to base that argument on facts.

In other words, you guys are spamming. look at it from a different side, if he is real, you guys might scare him away with those petty comments.

legal grey area? haha no he's writing a driver for mac os is it completely legal. And a higher post count does mean more credibility, any {censored} can create an account and lie their asses off but someone with a few more posts under their belt and a reputation for helping others on the forum is less likely to do something stupid like that. I can wait for a driver hell I could care less as I'm selling this system in a few weeks anyways. Real or fake I dont like to be led on by someone who does not present proof when it would be so easy to do so. Speculation is what drives this community learn to deal with it.

actually, if he based his driver in Tuxx´s work, he MUST release the source code, since Tuxx iwi2200 seems GPL´d..

From a legal point of view, writing a new (from scratch driver) using apple developer tools seem perfectly OK.

Veeoh, you are missin a point here. Supposely u have a life.... So what the hell are you doing on this forum anyway? Go buy an iMac!

What would happen if Maxxuss published the news that he cracked 10.4.4/5 and actually he didn't?

In the latest post, dlbogdan said he will start working on it next month again. OF course, no mention of source. Which leaves me pretty damn sure he is bluffing.

actually, if he based his driver in Tuxx´s work, he MUST release the source code, since Tuxx iwi2200 seems GPL´d..

From a legal point of view, writing a new (from scratch driver) using apple developer tools seem perfectly OK.

Not at all. He must release his code provided that he wants to release his modification. GPL does NOT obligate you to release your modifications, just to provide your code in case you want to release your app. You are free to modify GPLed code to suit your needs, but it isn't compulsory to release your modification.

If he released a binary module, but he didn't want to release his code, then he would be violating GPL.

All of this if he based it on a GPLed work, of course:)

BTW, I too doubt he's being honest.

Can anybody merge compiled .kext with AirPort?? After compiling and kextloading, system simply detects as a new NetworkDevice in SystemPreferences>Network. What should I do next to get AirPort feature?

dlbogdan, frankly i think you are playing game.

U have internet access to post progress but unable to post source code. C'mon!!

GIZZASSSS>... It's F#ckin' simple!!! I don't have my sources with me! I don't even have a computer with me! I'm posting from an internet cafee'. I thought this would have been obvious!! JESUS CHRIST!

Change of plan.....

When i get back from Italy i will...

1. Work on the wifi driver

2. Post 1000 screenshots of mac os x using the intel card or any other type of proof that there is a working [extremely buggy] driver.

3. You have helped me decide after reading this page, NOT to post the sources... EVER. i'll be happy to post the driver after i finnish with the bugs.

Cheers... Bogdan Dumitru

Well, there you have it :(

I already tried to calm all of you down...

"Respect" seems to be an unknown word too many of you :(

Hopefully everybody is very happy now in having to wait longer until something gets posted here!!!

I rest my case...

To dlbogdan: I'm ashamed in the name of others who apparently never heard about "pro deo", "for free", "spare time", etc...

I do hope however that one day you will post the driver over here, fully working or not ;)

Take care,

Tek_No

good job all, you managed to {censored} dlbodgan off ... anyhow....

i mean if you're gonna begin bashing people why dont you go work on your own driver and stop whinning....

and yea... like Tek_No said, sorry dlbodgan that you had to take all this abuse, obviously we need more maturity in these forums... hope that everything is good in Italy and wish you the best. good luck on drivers. im actually surprised you didnt abandon it after everything people said... really, thx you ! :(

At least more mature than most of you out here. It isn't all unthinkable that someone might not be behind his or her own computer. I can post whatever I want with my pda but that doesn't mean I can work on a driver with it. Or can I???

tuxx, agreed with you.

Rest of the community, expect your driver sometime in july... maybe... from mr. busy dlbogdan.

Anyway, tuxx i will pm you soon about the driver. Now trolls like these really make me to write a driver. Community, stay tuned. I won't say anything until driver is ready. Source will be provided also :D)

RA_WILL_KILL, not worth it. He knows he's bluffing. We know it.

actually my ip's must be the same. i'm using a PPTP tunnel to my work server. you can check it up if you want to.... 82.76.229.130. you shure can try to connect to my server with "eliasmanu" as username and password. this should tell you that this is indeed a pptp server.

good bye.

bogdan your reply is kinda childish. And mind you, I was one of those backing you up. You're on a public forum, not even one with just coders, replies like those that set you off were to be expected.

Most people who are developing a driver would just release the source (when they have the chance to) and say: BAM! IN YOUR FACE {censored}! WHO SAID I WASN'T FOR REAL?!!?

GIZZASSSS>... It's F#ckin' simple!!! I don't have my sources with me! I don't even have a computer with me! I'm posting from an internet cafee'. I thought this would have been obvious!! JESUS CHRIST!

Apparently it wasn't obvious.

tuxx, agreed with you.

Rest of the community, expect your driver sometime in july... maybe... from mr. busy dlbogdan.

Anyway, tuxx i will pm you soon about the driver. Now trolls like these really make me to write a driver. Community, stay tuned. I won't say anything until driver is ready. Source will be provided also :blink:)

RA_WILL_KILL, not worth it. He knows he's bluffing. We know it.

Whether he is bluffing or not, that is some great news. :guitar: the more the merrier. :blink:

notice that dlbogdan joins an internet cafe every two hours... that must be a very stressful businesstrip he is on... jumping between meetings and inet café's...

Let's just drop this.. discussing this any further is pointless..

Time will tell for sure if dlbogdan is bull{censored}ting or not.. until then lets support efforts, like that of vanja....

All has been said.. and lets try to keep this thread troll-free...

After seeing the awesom-o developments........i have decided to buy a Dell 1450. Its really not that expensive. 20$

actually my ip's must be the same. i'm using a PPTP tunnel to my work server. you can check it up if you want to.... 82.76.229.130. you shure can try to connect to my server with "eliasmanu" as username and password. this should tell you that this is indeed a pptp server.

good bye.

and the final pieces fall into place. Thanks dlbogdan for what seems to be the worst case of trolling we have yet encountered on this board. How many weeks I wonder did your {censored} hold off development of an real driver? How many useless pages were added to this thread? How many people did you doup to feel cool? It is my suggestion to the admins that you be banned.

Vanja tuxx if you guys need any help lemmie know.