Intel (R) PRO/Wireless 2200B/2915

tuxx

383 posts in this topic

Sorry my bad English

I don`t know what i`m doing wrong but every then i try to compile it i stand in here

RNEL -DKERNEL_PRIVATE -DDRIVER_PRIVATE -DAPPLE -DNeXT -DBSD_BUILD -c /iwi2200/iwi2200.cpp -o /iwi2200/build/iwi2200.build/Default/iwi2200.build/Objects-normal/i386/iwi2200.o
In file included from /iwi2200/iwi2200.h:50,
			 from /iwi2200/iwi2200.cpp:59:
/iwi2200/iwi_ieee80211.h:29:23: error: kern/lock.h: No such file or directory
/iwi2200/iwi_ieee80211defs.h:118: error: 'mutex_t' does not name a type
** BUILD FAILED **
make: *** [all] Error 1

PLZ help

well first off i dont think my pcmicia slot works and if it did i would want it to run other stuff on it. i dont want to pay for a new card either. i just want this one fixed!

Just buy a miniPCI wifi card.... you can read in the forum what chips work! it costs not soooo much!

hey guy's here i found this "GTDriver" is for "prism" wirelless lan driver

i think with some modifications ( firmware, iobase RX/RD packets ) can be used for your intel wlans

source attached ( i can't remember where i found that but probably on sourceforge.net )

is good base for whatever wlan

hope it's helps some

i just star too feel sorry for all of your and that "intel {censored} pro" story

to "tuxx" - PM if you need some basic IOKit help , sorry i don't have that device and no way i test or do anythink without intel pro wireless on my machine

thanks

dlbogan, although I have no intention of running OS X on this laptop (I came here for EFI information), I do believe that if I did, I would be upset with the state of things here. I pity your cowardice, a quality that leads to such hard realisation that there is never going to be a driver for those who have admired you, but cannot any more since you have cried wolf far too many times. I'm also sorry for those who had looked forward to, and met in dismay, the fourth of this month.

It appears that no-one believes you to be writing a driver anymore. tuxx at least wrote a driver that semi-worked, and release the source even though you couldn't do anything with it. If you could just release your source, everyone would regain your trust, albeit a bit diminished for all the time you spent and let-downs you caused. I actually don't believe that you ever looked at the GTDriver, just that you think it makes you sound big.

I apologise for the rant, even since I'm not even probably going to be running your software, but this kind of thing really disgusts me.

Okay!

I've been reading this post for a long time and I also wait for the driver. I don't need it, but it's nice to have.

The funny thing is, it reminds me so much on the macvidia-threads.

_np took his time to provide a nice driver and a lot of people where waiting for it and shouting and ranting!

And the moment _np released the running driver, he was the GOD for all of them.

I hope that dlbogdan is writing and spending a lot of time for this. And it's really sad to see how some people react. Of course you want the driver, but dlbogdan is right when he said it's no use to release the driver in such an alpha stage of development. I know that then most of the people where shouting again because the driver does not do anything than crashing!!! :whistle:

And about the topic of the "group"-thing. I had a laptop once with a via rhine network card and started writing a driver for this. Then I got a Dell and sold the old laptop without finishing the driver, but it was nearly at a running stage. And a lot of people in the viarhine-thread said I should post the sources. I did and then ...... nothing happens. They were shouting if maxxuss could fix the driver. So I think the "group"-effect is much overrated!

So I would suggest you wait for things to come, or you start with the sources already here.

BTW: Driver programming sucks and is no real fun!!!!!!! Who of the people shouting and screaming here have taking the trouble of at least looking at the driver programming thing?!?!?

nixblicker.. believe me the source IS of MUCH use... since i basically just need a push in the right direction considering the IEEE80211 to continue working on this.

and BTW writing drivers is one of the most fascinating things i have worked on so far... Who are you to decide whats fun and what isnt?

Why dont you spare us your comments.. since you obviously don't have a clue of what you are talking about...

Group-effect is overrated? Might i point out the development of linux to you..? You think Linus Torvald could have dont it alone? Think again..

I do not believe that dlbogan, nor his "friend", is doing or has done any work. Why believe that he has, when tuxx has produced a much more usable driver than he ever has?

If he released his code, I would, as I said above, have much more respect, even if there was only a minimal improvement. It would just prove he wasn't a liar.

believe the source IS of MUCH use to me... since i basically just need a push in the right direction considering the IEEE80211 to continue working on this.

I agree, this seems to be the base framework including a nice GUI for control for the IEEE framework. (even looks to have proper wep support) I'll tinker with this as well but I doubt I'll be able to do much, done a fair chuck of coding in my day but nothing on this level. But the more of us involved the better the chances. If I get anywhere I'll let you all know first.

James

can't we just shut up about hoaxes and whether or not somebody likes or dislikes the way this works and make posts when they need to be published? Usefull posts like posts on how the progress is going? I'm getting a bit tired of the discussion that's going on in this topic. Just get back to what it used to be the first couple of posts. Make posts that matter and stop filling this topic with {censored} (even if you don't think that the last 10 pages were {censored}).

im having trouble believing this thread.. plus, i withdraw any support i had for dlbogdan. no one is asking you to release this driver but then no one expects you to lie about having a driver. you say you have a driver, but there is no proof.. youve given 50 thousand excuses yet you havent shown that you've done any work or made any progress.. also what about the 1000 pictures? was that another lie? seems to be that way.. then on top of that, you criticise the efforts of other developers (i.e. OMNI) who are actually coding drivers and posting pictures yet you cant do what they're doing. dipsh!ts like you are the reason osx86 will never reach its full potential.

If he never ends up producing evidence of a working driver, then he should be banned from this forum for trolling. If he indeed has the driver there should be nothing to fear, but I definitly think he should walk the walk. This bull {censored} has to end, and in any case, he should serve as an example of what trolling can cause.

I'm not really sure why people won't release their sources. I don't think Apple really can use the sources against us. They're written based on THEIR OPEN specifications. To screw us up using something from the source, they'd have to screw all their professional developers up. If they just wanted to screw us over, they can just close the standard, rewrite IOKit, and all our drivers will stop working, closed source or not.

i agree with killerloop... this is really becoming ridiculous... dlbodgan has set himself a high bar of standard... dunno if he'll live up to it.. if not.. then yea maybe he should get banned but im a forgiving person so.... anyhow... i have the feeling i'll be buying a macbook (whenever that comes out for the next semester) before a driver comes out but in anycase, props to tuxx as always for beginning this and giving hope to this.

peace.

Oh! Jesus Christ! Can't u ppl just wait and see what will happen.... If i'll ever say i am dropping the driver then blaim me all you want for trolling, till then just do something usefull... like read tuxx'es source code and learn. It's a good start ;)

dlbogdan:

Post one hair of evidence that you're not a troller or shut up and get out of here. If you are honestly working on something then it will be a simple easy way of making everyone shut the hell up and it will clean up this thread a bit. If you're not being honest with us then you are delaying work on a real driver, you see when someone is bragging about being far along on the development of a driver that discourages people from starting their own work on it.

You've got to step up and show us something. If you are being honest then release your source so others can build off it. There are only two reasons why someone wont release their source the first is that they dont have any and they're a liar, the second is that they're a greedy {censored} and they're in it for the glory and want lots of credit and applause.

I'm betting on the first.

why reading the tuxx' source if you have an almost working driver? Please be clear about the status of your driver dlbogdan, so we can plan clearly what to do. Who will start again an ATI framebuffer after seeing the OMNI success? No one. If you can describe your improvements on tuxx source in a few words and maybe post a screenshot (besides i'm asking myself WHAT screenshot? A wireless is not like a video card, i don't know how to show a wireless driver improvement) we will be able to better understand your working. Besides, your endless effort to reply to any irritating post on this thread makes easy play to flamers, so maybe you should not continue.

So, for the last time: I don't care what you think about me, i don't care how much you think i'm trolling, and randomblame there are more then those two reasons for somebody not to release the sources of a project.

Now.. to conclude: My driver is very unstable but woking.

I WILL SHUT UP AND NOT POST A SINGLE LINE ON THIS THREAD until the driver is finnished.

oh.. and...

Don't wait up!

Seriously man dlbogdan

I believe u.

Hope I see it soon.

F**K U guys who think he is a fake.

Give him a chance atleast